So, uh... there's a Kickstarter for a Switch port of Ty the Tasmanian Devil. You gonna donate?

So, uh... there's a Kickstarter for a Switch port of Ty the Tasmanian Devil. You gonna donate?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 9.44.04 AM.png (3360x1624, 2.14M)

I can't see why I would or should donate.

Fuck it, why not? Loved Ty when I was growing up and I actually know what I'm going to be getting out of this.

it costs that much to port 15+ year old games to switch?

>3D platformers

That is pretty cheap for covering costs. The pc version was pretty based and had shit the original game didn't even have instead of just being a shit pc port.

They released Ty 4 and Ty 1 on Steam but they need to use kickstarer for a Switch port? That's a little sad. Let me guess, the stretch goals are Ty 2 and 3?

>35k with only 828 people
wtf

If I had the money for it I would. I remember really liking the one with the Quakers or something you fought. Think it was the 3rd one

Do they even own the rights?

>instead of the developer taking a risk
>let the consumer pay for it
>will continue to make profit without being passed on to the original backers

you guys are Fucking morons.

>shitch is not a port machine!!!

This is an aussie thing right?

People are probably going for the few physical goodies or something.
Yeah, Steve got the rights back shortly before he started the Steam releases of the games.

Already have the game on GameCube and Steam. Threw in $5 just to help the devs. Will probably get the game when it's on sale tho.

Yeah

Make a new one

If this does well they might be inclined to.

Bro all the games are already remastered on steam. This kickstarter is to start bringing them to consoles, which costs a shitload more than putting a game on PC

Attached: Screenshot_20190807-102544_Chrome.jpg (1076x846, 370K)

TY 5 is already confirmed to be in early development. The cash they got from the steam ports is going there.

Fucking A, I missed this series. Id much rather have a new game but this is a start.
Backed

>There was a game after Night of the Quinkan
Why is this the first time I'm hearing this

Because it's a cheapo 2D platformer

Yeah it was a shitty launch title for the windows 8 game store. Microsoft gave krome a little cash to make a touch screen platformer. Now that its been ported to steam with KBM controls, its mechanically a solid game, but the art and tween animation is horrid.

>kickstarters
I hope it is ported, but no, never ever support a Kickstarter

Nah fuck these cunts, they still owe me almost a years wages for having worked on the original games.

Fuck Steve that slimey greasy bastard, fuck his self insert furry weeb Blade Kitten garbage that he forced everyone to work on and tanked the fucking company and fucking fuck anyone who's bought a single fucking game of there's since they let everyone go without severance only to start re-releasing the games that we all worked on for free.

FUCK ALL OF YOU.

Attached: FUCK YOU.jpg (400x225, 16K)

The team behind these Ty ports is literally a skeleton crew, They kickstarted Ty1 for PC then used the Ty1 sales money to fuck ports for 2 and 3 and buy a switch dev kit.

So is Ty effectively an indie series now?

if it was the first three games all on on one cart I would. but for just one, no.

every non nintendo platformer is indie at this point.

Unironically this.

They should do a kickstarter to pay their employees the millions they owe them. Krome Studios were/are one of the worst examples of an Australian studio ever second only to maybe Team Bondi.

What is it with this game?
I never even heard of it before it came to steam but everyone seems to love it for some reason.

Its talked about every so often but theres really never anything new to discuss about a 17 year old game