Japan Sales: Week 31, 2019 (Jul 29 - Aug 04)

3 Houses flopped in japan

01./03. [NSW] Super Mario Maker 2 # (Nintendo) {2019.06.28} (¥5.980) - 36.486 / 454.569 (-4%)
02./01. [NSW] Fire Emblem: Three Houses # (Nintendo) {2019.07.26} (¥6.980) - 35.804 / 178.934 (-75%)
03./02. [NSW] Fishing Spirits: Nintendo Switch Version (Bandai Namco Games) {2019.07.25} (¥5.700) - 23.924 / 71.624 (-50%)
04./05. [PS4] Professional Baseball Spirits 2019 (Konami) {2019.07.18} (¥8.800) - 14.371 / 216.894 (-47%)
05./07. [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate # (Nintendo) {2018.12.07} (¥7.200) - 9.947 / 3.185.421 (+23%)
06./09. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo) {2017.04.28} (¥5.980) - 8.994 / 2.389.407 (+15%)
07./06. [NSW] Olympic Games Tokyo 2020: The Official Video Game (Sega) {2019.07.24} (¥4.990) - 8.311 / 17.736 (-12%)
08./11. [NSW] Minecraft # (Microsoft Game Studios) {2018.06.21} (¥3.600) - 7.634 / 867.243 (+7%)
09./00. [NSW] Omega Labyrinth Life (D3Publisher) {2019.08.01} (¥7.800) - 6.643 / NEW
10./10. [NSW] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball (Konami) {2019.06.27} (¥6.980) - 6.339 / 128.530 (-16%)

Look at that huge drop. Awakening sold like 250k in its first week lmao

Attached: n8cf2ijx49y21.jpg (2048x1434, 244K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/BenjiSales/status/1158146998643699713
mobile.twitter.com/BenjiSales/status/1157369086831136768
mobile.twitter.com/BenjiSales/status/1157384218915328000
mynintendonews.com/2019/08/02/spain-fire-emblem-three-houses-one-of-the-biggest-launches-of-2019/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't think it flopped that much, reminder that vouchers are a really good deal in japan.
>inb4 cope
i don't give a shit what japs consume, just stating a fact that this only counts physical sales.

awakening was a 3DS game
3DS had sold much more units when it was released

I'm honestly really surprised and curious as to what is the cause.
Could it just straight up be Digital Sales being more popular for the game, or is it really not selling as much as Awakening?
If it's not selling as much, what's the driving force behind that? Is it the shift away from self-insert otaku stuff in Fates-Awakening? Is it the new Art-Style?

>but Fire Emblem is popular in Japan!!!
kek

Attached: 1552941740364.png (1300x1300, 748K)

Actually it didn't
In April of 2012, the 3DS had sold only 13 million World Wide and only 4.5 million in Japan.
The Switch has a much larger installbase, so it's honestly perplexing why it isnt selling as much. My personal theory is that it's just easier to use the EShop on Switch and so most people just get digital

FE still sold more than Xenocringe 2 lol

cope

smm with a good hold
smash and kart get a dump
and quite an FE drop
even with digital/vouchers in mind

Hardware totals?

hardware

NSW | 36.613 | 42.689
PS4 | 10.054 | 11.182
3DS | 2.610 | 2.667
PSV | 115 | 243
XB1 | 48 | 51

I imagine we're gonna see this drop continue until the 'new' Switch models hit the shelves definitvely. Then it'll pick back up again, and then it'll fucking take off like crazy when the Lite hits shelves

That's great, Japan has shit taste. I am now interested in FE: Treehouse

Who cares about Japan? EU and USA make up the vast amount of video game sales.

there's still a lot of otaku shit in 3 houses. not an excuse

>W-who cares about Japon a-anyway!
lmao. Nintendies on suicide watch

Because a lot of devs don't really care about appealing to the West, they mainly look to the people immediately around them as their core audience

On the contrary, I do care about Japan. I look out for what they don't like to find good games.

I'm not saying there isn't but I'm honestly curious about why 3H isn't being picked up as much compared to Fates or Awakening.

Will they ever go back to making a single expansive route with mutliple layers of depth in terms of story from the GBA/SNES times? Getting pretty tired of these incredibly shallow multiple route games...

maybe 10 years ago
why do you think sony moved to california

Does this count digital purchase though? Because from what I am seeing in the thread people are using the vouchers and we don't know if it's digital included or not.

>09./00. [NSW] Omega Labyrinth Life (D3Publisher) {2019.08.01} (¥7.800) - 6.643 / NEW
>sold less than the Vita version of the last game
b-b-but Yea Forums told me nintendofags buy third party

>Japon
Go to work Pedro.

They do, on freeshop

I don't care about Nintendo. As a matter of fact I don't even play video games. I just want you to know Japan doesnt matter. Only America and Europe matter. All other regions are irrelevant

Theres probably more people living in New York than in the entire country of Japan. Imagine caring about Japan.

We only get US numbers every quarter. And we don't get reliable EU numbers maybe once a year or we would have US weekly threads too. You get told this literally every week in these threads.

good news, you made my day user

This is physical only.

Note that the ps4 version isn't in the top 10. Which means nintendies bought this 3rd party more than Sony one.

No digital is not counted.
People are buying Mario Maker and 3 Houses/ Astral chain.
Those are the top 3eshop games
Seriously in Japan those vouchers are making a killing
Instead of 80$ for 1 game pay 100$ for 2

That's Sony though
The actual developers themselves who exist in Japan, by and large mainly only care about the Japanese market.

>implying New York is even half the size of Tokyo

Reminder that three houses is twice as expensive as Awakening. It did alright for its price

>Note that the ps4 version isn't in the top 10. Which means nintendies bought this 3rd party more than Sony one.
>compete against a censored version of the same game
>still performs worse than the last one did
that's not really reassuring

Oh, so op is a faggot as usual and probably consolewarring fucker.

>3 Houses flopped in japan

>not accounting shortages

Not really. He's comparing physical sales of one game to physical sales of another.

small developers for niche titles
certainly not the FE guys

Which seem dumb. I even remember seeing a thread on Yea Forums saying that FE sold 80% of shipping, which mean Japan didn't really made a lot of physical copies.

Cope.

Digital purchases of 3ds games were marginal though.
The practice is a lot more widespread today, so it's safe to assume three houses did not underperform.

>t.dumb amerimutt

Attached: 1564909920640.png (400x400, 38K)

Digital. Check the price of the game in Japan and the voucher deal.

>PS4 version didn't even chart
Nintendo wins again baby

Is it the new Tokyo Mirage Sessions?

Attached: 1472486936217.jpg (467x594, 211K)

>millions flock out to buy Mario
Nips have poor taste in vidya.

>Three Houses sells 2xAwakening in Europe
>Flies off the shelves in America
>Sells most of its shipment in Japan even though you can save the equivalent of $20/$30 buying digitally with vouchers
Nice """"flop"""""

Videogames that aren't gacha garbage are a dying industry in Japan.
It's up to the west to save Japanese gaming.

>Comparing physical sales of a game on a console where hardly anyone bought digital to one where you can get an enormous discount buying digital

Attached: images.jpg (182x276, 9K)

Ah yes, the classic Nintendo "shortage"

Attached: 1489259090410.jpg (320x317, 46K)

*not accounting demand shortages

>Number 1 seller on the eshop for a month
>"T-theres no demand"

Good one

3DS games only had physical since digital in Japan was nonexistent for the console. 3 houses goes to the extreme were digital is now present and a huge deal with the vouchers. We saw it with Mario Maker having huge digital sales in Japan.

/thread
OP is a faggot

Seems like Awakening and Fates both saved and doomed the franchise, because the japs keep expecting subsequent games to be like those 2.

Attached: Screen Shot 2015-09-18 at 11.40.33 AM.png (869x435, 341K)

When do we see the digital sales?

Never

The FE team isn't really that small, tactical RPGs are pretty niche even though they've gotten more attention through fanartists and the like

When the next quarterly report comes out. It'll likely surpass Mario Tennis, meaning it'll be in the top 10-20 titles on the Switch and we'll get the exact number of units sold

Awakening and Birthright are the best FE games.

We'll get the numbers anyway as long as it sells 1 million.

So remind me, which company was responsible for making this game? I heard Nintendo barely touched it.

Nah, Path of Radiance and 3H are the best FE games.

IS with help from Koei Tecmo for creating the character models.

Defend your argument, in what way are they the best?

2x Awakening in the UK*, which was a bump from 10k to 20k. That's more than covered by the drop in Japan. It may well make that up in NA, but there's no proof of that yet.

In October when we get the Q2 financial report from Nintendo. Be sure to screenshot any blunderfag posts about Fire Emblem you see now in preparation for then.

The drop in Japan is mostly covered by the massive bump in digital
Mario Maker 2 was >30% digital (as confirmed by the Q1 financial report) and Fire Emblem had an even bigger saving with vouchers.

Just for the record, how many copies FE must sell so it won't be considered a flop?

Game on switch? Is born to fail. Simple like that.

October report for Q2. It only works for Japan because we can see the total shipments and subtract the physical shipments from the trackers.

Mario Maker 2 is also an anomaly, both digitally and physically. There's no evidence yet that FE will be the same. Even if it does hit 30% digital, that's still a drop from previous games.

>Game sells through nearly it's entire physical supply in Japan and America
>Heavily advertised digitally with the use of vouchers
>Number 1 on the Eshop in JP, NA and EU
>It's a flop
Cope. Then kill yourself.

The minute FE appeared on the eshop, a month before release, it became number 1. Mario Maker didn’t reach number 1 till release week. Do the math retard.

end of october when the next quarterly report comes

>Japan gets significantly discounted vouchers
>Fire Emblem sells way more in the west
>has very visibly been selling way better in Europe than the 3DS powerhouse duos Awakening and Fates which will likely more than make up for the deficit
>on top of the digital download charts
>still in best sellers in US Amazon Top 100 vidya

If I was the petty kind of guy I'd be screencapping all this shit like that Splatoonflopfag or the numerous Incineroar collages just to whip out at Nintendo's quarterly reports for the sake of hubris.

Attached: 1514288432852.png (1516x1693, 973K)

That's a good question. Scratching two millions was a smashing success for Xenoblade 2, and 1m for Octopath was another, so let's say, for this to not be a flop it'd have to do... 500k-1m? They might as well have sold it already, and the game is going to continue to sell at full price for some years, being Nintendo distributed exclusive.

>millions flock out to buy FIFA
Westerners have poor taste in vidya.

That's not a switch chart, that's the chart of ALL physical sales in japan that week, regardless of platform.
So yes, a niche mystery dungeon titty game being #9 in physical sales sounds pretty good to me.
Not only did it sell better than the ps4 version, it sold better than any ps4 game save one for that week.

>>Game sells through nearly it's entire physical supply in Japan and America
I was about to say, it sold 80% of its shipment in Japan week 1 so with these additional sales it should be about sold out right now.

mobile.twitter.com/BenjiSales/status/1158146998643699713
mobile.twitter.com/BenjiSales/status/1157369086831136768
mobile.twitter.com/BenjiSales/status/1157384218915328000
US sales man telling us it’s going to crush the franchise record easily.

user it’ will probably outsold Xenoblade 2 when we get the report in October.

The game will sell way more outside of Japan. Just wait for Nintendo to post sales.

Senran Kagura Reflexions has also been #1 on the eShop, yet I'm going to venture it didn't do as well as Mario Maker. That ranking is worthless in this discussion because its relative to what the competition was; hard numbers are what we need, and unless they do a celebratory press release we won't have them for months.

So, let me guess. It is (and will be) like this:
now:
>lel the game flopped
if the game sells bad:
>fucking hell, Nintendo is finished
if the game sells really good:
>i-i-it's only because they copied Persona, which is still PlayStation exclusive you dumbfuck Nincels

NO! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! NINTENDO IS DOOOOOOOMED!

Cope

dilate

I agree, it has more appeal and has had quite a bit of publicity. Hell, I've bought it myself. So, yeah, it's probably going to be a good deal for Nintendo.

The problem now arises, what's this going to mean to an undoubtedly more niche game like Astral Chain?

Nah you don't even need console wars. There's gonna be fanbase in-fighting from people crying about dignity or whatever inane thing they want to use to justify why shit wasn't pushing these numbers on the GBA, GCN, Wii or DS.

It sold 80% of its shipment on its first week, retard.

We won't know how the game performed until October 26 ish when Nintendo releases their quarterly financial results.

>what's this going to mean to an undoubtedly more niche game like Astral Chain?
Astral Chain selling even half a million would be a huge shock to me.

How did Bayo2 do on Switch, even?

Reflections was not number 1 for over a month with Mario Maker being released retard. Mario Maker had huge digital sales, so FE beating it immediately is a sign fire emblem will have high digital sales

I really, really, really hope AC and DxM do well and aren’t hurt by releasing so close to so many big name games like SMM2, 3H, DQXI, LM etc.

>There's gonna be fanbase in-fighting
You are probably right. Oh well.

Better than on wiiu. Sold 400k I believe. So something like 0.7 million total.

>It sold 80% of its shipment on its first week
And how much was that? 800 units? lmao

Attached: 1556576996396.png (390x395, 253K)

Is this bait?

Over 700k was what IS said if it would be made on Wii U, so probably over 1 mil.

Attached: 1198939630939.jpg (339x344, 15K)

OP is a faggot regardless but ever since the voucher came out physical sales have been taking a nosedive though.

God knows how much money is saving and or making off saved factory costs and double dippers

The only country Americans learn about is Israel, so you can understand why he'd think that.

Botw was their most expensive game and only need 2.1 million copies to make a profit I say maybe 750,000 copies for a profit 3 million for a sequel within this decade

Vouchers and Nintendo going digital is the final nail in the coffin for retailers. You can see that they are all now discounting all games. Walmart, Amazon, other retailers taking $10+ off games the day they launch. They are doing this because they still get a (smaller) retail cut, but it’s competitive with digital.

>Koei Tecmo for creating the character models.
huh?

For now vouchers are limited-time offers so their impact isn't absolute. I guess Nintendo might eventually turn them into an always active system though.

it literally sold 80% of its physical copies last week. literally.

Hate action games are a niche genre

It’ll probably be an On for summer off for winter type deal
They want you to impulse buy that amiibo, second pair of joycons that other game etc
But if you’re only buying games digital you’ not going to the store and impulse buying

True...but that’s only for America. Japan and Europe can buy them forever.

I think US will bring them back

1.757 billion people
In 2016, 5.7 million people–the highest since 1948–rode the subway on the average weekday. In that year, 1.757 billion people rode the subway.

Japan/Population
126.8 million (2017)

straight out of google my dude. there are more people on the trains of new york than the entirety of your little gay ninja island. get fukt you dumb nerd.

Attached: 1529535094267.png (850x1165, 596K)

You said living. The population of NY state is 20 million

>Make a genuinely good Fire Emblem with your Awakening bucks
>Japs don't buy it

I'm sorry, what?

HAAHAHHAAHAHAHHHHHHHAHHAHHHHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHH
FATESAWAKENINGCHADS WIN AGAIN

>80% of the stock sold on release
>Not counting digital sales
Good to see Yea Forums also has retards that post meaningless numbers

Attached: 2BA60D38F1F149108C971C1B1E2138B6.jpg (960x718, 54K)

Masha Allah you are legitimately dumb my brother.

>>Make a genuinely good Fire Emblem with your Awakening bucks
when

So are you a seething smashfag, a mindless drone or upset that your series sells like shit compared to the new game.

have sex

>Sold 80% of it's inital supply in Japan
>Has been on top of UK charts two weeks in a row
>Best selling console fire emblem
>Top of digital downloads

HAHAHA GUYS LOOK AT THIS GAME IT SUCKS SO MUCH AND DIDN'T SELL AT ALL

Attached: brainlettttt.jpg (800x450, 44K)

>Has been on top of UK charts two weeks in a row
Not denying that it's selling well, not that I care, but UK sales are almost universally only representative of the UK in most cases.

Is... Is this true?

Nah. The market in Japan is significantly lower and mobile has eaten the major profits, but it's not something that's unique to Japan in any way.

Considering UK is the 5th biggest consumer of video games I'd say that it's a decent sign of success. Of course that fact won't change your mindset.

Attached: idk.jpg (1280x1707, 352K)

Yeah, but they're kinda... odd costumers. They don't reflect what the rest of Europe or the US does in many cases. No need to be agressive, either, user, I'm perfectly sure it's selling well, as I've said.

I brought it digitally I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people did too

>3H wins in countries where it has literally no competition
>ha literally the most popular game ever
>barely does better than echoes in Japan and only gets top spot for a week
>NOOOO THAT DOESNT COUNT

If a Nintendo game does well in UK, that is almost always indicative of the West being strong. UK is one of Nintendo’s weakest western markets. Spain had Three Houses crushing Fates also.

I noticed after posting that the case of the UK being odd is because they're a market that -doesn't- buy games that are perfectly successful on other places, so yeah, you're right. What are the numbers on Spain?

this applies to everything
>lol casuals won't ruin the market bro
and yet it always happens.

mynintendonews.com/2019/08/02/spain-fire-emblem-three-houses-one-of-the-biggest-launches-of-2019/
2.5x fates. The western sales are going to be massive.

>So yes, a niche mystery dungeon titty game being #9 in physical sales sounds pretty good to me.
user, the Switch version sold 6k, the PS4 version didnt chart
For comparison the Vita version of the last game sold 8k on the first week and it wasnt even the best selling version of it

it will be the P5 of fire emblem

>series gets hyped up as one of nintendos biggest
>isn't going to end up in their top 10 best selling games on switch despite all the pushing

It is, and it's going to have great sales. It's just that Nintendo also has a bunch of 15+ million-selling juggernauts like Smash Bros, Zelda, Pokémon and several different Mario subseries.

They chart the individual SKUs for each system

It is an strategy game with anime characters, not Super Mario, that it sells better than Xenoblade 2 is already good news.

when will Yea Forums understand that the vast majority of consumers in the year 2019 buy games digitally? I assume it will be when it's too late and its literally the only method of buying games across the board.

>02./01. [NSW] Fire Emblem: Three Houses # (Nintendo) {2019.07.26} (¥6.980) - 35.804 / 178.934 (-75%)

>03./01. [3DS] Fire Emblem: Awakening (Nintendo) {2012.04.19} (¥4.800) - 64.528 / 326.927 (-75%)
>01./01. [3DS] Fire Emblem Fates: Black Kingdom / White Kingdom # (Nintendo) {2015.06.25} (¥5.076) - 71.550 / 424.751 (-80%)
>03./01. [3DS] Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia # (Nintendo) {2017.04.20} (¥4.980) - 25.099 / 158.509 (-81%)

TH is also in the 80-100% range so its drop is also due to the available stock drying up. Seems to be the same as the previous games in that regard.

Is the second number the total sales? Hard time believing Fates sold half a million on its first cople weeks.

Console sales have been dropping every single year for the past 10+ year, it's not exactly something new. It's still dropping so in some sense it is a dying market indeed.

wait so 3H is doing worse than awakening and fates? wtf???

Shipments are strict but no supply problems in Japan.

even for otaku shit that is really low. otaku vidya need to sell at least 15k-20k to survive. the big games sell in the 30k+

>it is one of their biggest if you don't count their biggest series

That's wrong, though. Physical sales are always much, much higher than digital sales.

>sales of Fates added both versions together

Attached: mieru.png (60x60, 25K)

they do the same thing for pokemon and other games with different versions.

Fates gave a discount if you bought the other path digitally which aren't counted, like vouchers. Actually number was much higher.