Submarine Game Thread

What are the best submarine games out there?

Attached: g45gs143prwwat2t66kd.jpg (1600x900, 213K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/a9Gz7Bg07u8
store.steampowered.com/app/552080/IronWolf_VR/
store.steampowered.com/app/602960/Barotrauma/
youtube.com/watch?v=yJIcb6ebi1I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Subnautica

Attached: Soviet ASW.webm (854x480, 2.93M)

I'd also like to know this, especially anything that will teach me about submarine warfare because I don't really know much about it below the strategic level.

whats this from?

there was a sub game on steam i had my eye on, but can't remember the name now. looked cool

The Silent War. A BBC documentary about Sub warfare in the cold war.

Attached: ASW.webm (854x480, 1.93M)

are there other submarine games than silent hunter?

Attached: ASW2.webm (854x480, 2.81M)

Attached: ASW3.webm (854x480, 1.44M)

Cold Waters

In the Hunt

Soviet subs are a thing of beauty.

Is this game any good?

Silent Hunter series. I've never played those but they're really good.

In-depth and technical yet arcadey at the same time. Slow-burning but can get intense when soviet subs spams wire-guided torpedos at you. Play Basil Poledouris' Red October playlist for kino vidya experience.

>On break at work
>Asian co-worker from the Philippines talking to me about Russia I think
>She brings up the Kursk out of nowhere
>She's surprised I know about it

I was surprised she brought it up.

ps1 game - treasures of the deep
dude who did the guitar/ost also founded video games live which tours the world playing vidya music at concerts, really great show.

She's wife-material

Silent Hunter 3 is the only one worth playing

games for this feel?

Attached: images.jpg (315x160, 12K)

4 is good too but burger boats are not as cool as nazi ones.

Also Jane's 688 Hunter/Killer was pretty fucking good and cold waters is solid as well

Wolf something. Iron Wolf? Wolf Pack?

people don't die that fast

>tfw no multiplayer submarine fighting game
It'd be amazing because you could have large teams vs small teams and still be fair because maybe a larger submarine would be easier to detect or whatnot

Also, I recomend this movie to whoever is into submarines, it's the first french movie that impresses me in a long while.
youtu.be/a9Gz7Bg07u8

>tfw no multiplayer submarine fighting game
there's not even a multiplayer boat game besides sea of thieves

Wasn't there a free game on the 3DS like this that Yea Forums had constant threads for over a few months?

Hopefully she was like "man those Germans were basically done back in 1942 Kursk was a fucking waste of time

They do when pressure demolishes every part of their body at once

Attached: 1453969884859.jpg (601x901, 200K)

I've played the fuck out of Sea of Thieves even though it's pretty shit because I've been waiting on a multiplayer-crewed boat game for 10-15 years now. Guns of Icarus was the closest thing up until now. Pulsar was also really good but about space ships. There's also been a couple MMOs and HL2 mods that explored the idea a little, but they were unsatisfying.

Just join the navy

>>tfw no multiplayer submarine fighting game

Are this fucking nigger serious?

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 27K)

Other than Cold Waters, there's UBOAT and Wolf Pack that I know of, but both are early access and I'm quite done with that so I can't tell you if they're any good.

we are already on the halfway point with a Coop Submarine Game with Wolfpack where you need a whole crew and can cooperate between other Team controlled Subs

I'm curious if this will be good at some point.

store.steampowered.com/app/552080/IronWolf_VR/

but Navy life fucking sucks, it's essentially prison

I’m aware

okay TIK

>tfw time acceleration comes at direct expense of spotting
Kill me

retard

Aquanox 2, Sub Culture, Diluvion.

blackwake

Try Barotrauma. It's made by the people who made SS13 I believe. Half the fun is dealing with humans. wrecking havoc If it's all good sailing, it's kind of boring.

store.steampowered.com/app/602960/Barotrauma/

Attached: tired.gif (200x156, 842K)

was this

Came here to post this. Done by the same people who would later do Metal Slug.

youtube.com/watch?v=yJIcb6ebi1I

Attached: trQYogY.jpg (853x1250, 283K)

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

This

so from what I understand, the purpose of submarine was to avenge the smoldering corpse of your country.

if so. how would the captains decide about when the command is dead? go yolo and and evaporate the enemy two times over and and blow up whatever the fuck country he wants with his remaining arsenal?

Attached: erwin-smith-25700.jpg (300x420, 27K)

How is Silent Hunter 5? I heard nothing about it after it was released.

fpbp

The primary purpose of sub is to be sneaky, it's just that a sneaky boy is a real good place to put your nuclear deterrent

That's a bomber thing. They're all autistic weirdos. Actual boats do sneaky shit against Russia.

They have a letter in a safe giving them their options. Basically what targets they should hit and what countries they should relinquish authority to.

submarines are not to avenge, they are a first strike weapon, in nuclear war the SLBM's will be fired first, and the captain actually receives an order to launch

you didn't hear much because its shit

Silent Hunter games

byford dolphin incident, people died in less than a second.

Watch crimson tide. It stages a similar dilemma.

But why was it shit? Silent hunter 3 was also shit until a lot of the game was fixed and improved by modders.

world of warships???

>a first strike weapon
actually, the recent establishment of Trump's Space Force changed all that. suppose now, a nuclear war were to erupt. the first course action Department of defense is cyber warfare and destruction of enemy satellite nullifying their capability to reach their target.

Attached: HMS Trenchant Surfaces in Arctic.webm (1280x720, 2.36M)

ALAAAAAAAAARM

Dont fucking bother.
Game is a fucking cesspool of bugs and glitches, so called "patches" are mainly trying to backrolling shit that previous "patch" installed, breaking doens of things in the proces, community is dead and when you trying to make a fresh install it's very possible that official fix removing always online requirement will be fucking screwed by UPlay and not possible to install. Which, with servers left without any real maintance since 2014 and on absolutely bareboned llife-support will render your game unplayable in 80% of the time.

Not him but I remember SH3 have a bit more depth with crew and what not. SH5 adds skills to increase damage and all sorts. Mods fix it.