Why do people give Todd so much hate when he was the driving force behind making Elder Scrolls "weird" and a unique...

Why do people give Todd so much hate when he was the driving force behind making Elder Scrolls "weird" and a unique setting rather than an ultra generic D&D clone as it was to begin with.
he was the project lead of Reduard which introduced pretty much all of the latter games lore, and of Morrowind which expanded upon it immensely.
I personally still enjoy Redguard a lot, though without patches in its vanilla state it was ungodly buggy and broken.
youtube.com/watch?v=eYltef5VTyQ

also Oblivion is the worst elder scrolls game and Shivering Isles being decent doesn't redeem the entire thing

Attached: 1448003368834.png (574x516, 484K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WvX56tkv5ws
en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Pocket_Guide_to_the_Empire,_1st_Edition
youtube.com/watch?v=NhfYB0xaJvE&t=7s
youtu.be/nPttE_fvjZM?t=1939
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nothing he made has ever been good
Nothing

No one hates Todd, but he became the main face of development at Bethesda studios so when they fuck up he's the go to guy to make fun of.

We are doomed to hurt the ones we love

This

>he made Redguard, the shitty action game that would stain all sequels to come
wtf i love todd now

maybe if he stopped trying to sell Skyrim on fridge and instead worked on more games id like him more.
also this

Why do we hurt the ones we hit?

No one hates him. He does what he has to do and I don't blame him for that because it's just business, not personal. The jokes are mostly in good fun

Fuck Pete Hines though

This thread is full of Todd shills.

This.

>when he was the driving force behind making Elder Scrolls "weird"
Sorry what?

>Todd
>made the lore of Morrowind
Are people really this ignorant now, or is this bait?

Attached: 1562539664572.jpg (720x380, 65K)

Todd didn't make TES weird. That was MK
Todd is the guy that fired him. Based Todd.

Todd has sold Skyrim to his own son

Attached: E9D6929F-EBB8-45CC-8CC8-72FA6FF86088.png (837x254, 40K)

Wrong. The weirdness was in Daggerfall books courtesy of Lefay and Peterson by all accounts.
Rolston is responsible for the god mantling stuff it came from his work on Glorantha.

Now fuck off.

Attached: 1564463026816.png (374x208, 17K)

>He does what he has to do
That's a bit of a croc. He does what he's told but he doesn't HAVE to go along with derivative shit and his design philo of 'just make sure retards can play it' hasn't exactly done TES any favours much less Fallout after being purchased.

Attached: Pepe_Hines.jpg (499x499, 107K)

MK was just art designer of MW and wrote some bits of it's god stuff.
People overpraise his contributions cause he's the only one who actually talks and panders to lorefags.

>obliv is worst
>worse than skyrimmer
>worse than arena
>worse than non-mainline titles
Kill yourself. I actually prefer Obliv. An unacceptable stance, I know. Obliv, Morrow and Dagger are the only good TES games. If you had the attention to tone and characters of morrowind, the scope and complexity of daggerfall and the gameplay loop and general rp tools of obliv you'd be hard pressed to find a better game. Conversely there's nothing unique or worthy of note from arena or Skyrim other than graphics and procedural generation happening in real time instead of hardcoded.

>complexity of daggerfall
Stop pretending to be an old gamer you retard

Audio of Todd Howard at E3 2019 yelling at an employee, not knowing his mic was on.
Enjoy anons!
youtu.be/WvX56tkv5ws

Attached: 4.gif (200x154, 935K)

AAA games aren't made by a single person, if a game's good, it's the result of good teamwork - same if a game went wrong.
People hate Todd because he's the face people associate Bethesda Game Studios with, and Fallout 76 was terrible.

Attached: blogs-boards-guide-faqs-cheats-r-deus-ex-2-we-44477210.png (500x449, 40K)

Todd wrote the original Pocket Guide to the Empire by himself in a autistic burst of creative fury.

and Skyrim is better than Oblivion in every metric, which is why it is the best selling RPG in history.
en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Pocket_Guide_to_the_Empire,_1st_Edition

Attached: 1468481405438.png (1500x2251, 2.86M)

This makes me angry. Why?

LeFay actually thought the weird shit was a mistake.
He gave an interview a year or so ago and when he was asked about the weird lore in Morrowind rolled his eyes.

Arena was the first game so I give it slack
and for the time it was a very cool game.
no one cares about the spin-offs

Skyrim is better than Oblivion

Attached: 1346617931806.jpg (600x600, 19K)

LeFay's vision for Elder Scrolls was something entirely different
I won't say it was bad because I enjoy Daggerfall immensely and can see the potential of something like this except better and using modern tech.

Didn't this get revealed as fake like 15 minutes later?
It was just a streamer playing with the audio.

>Talking about /vr/ on Yea Forums is verbotin

Literally kill yourself, zoomer.

Because Todd is a real normalfaggot for letting his son play Skyrim at 25FPS on a Switch. I doubt Todd even plays games any more, it's all about the money from the sweet little lies.

dunno, I imagine most people would be excited if their kid liked a game they made. not exactly some grand conspiracy user

The only good thing from his games are mods

Attached: 13948710347.jpg (2560x1440, 986K)

Who said anything about being an old gamer, spas. The character creation gives a lot more freedom than the others and it objectively has the most complex systems of all the games with the most immersive ones getting gutted out for morrowind and slowly reintroduced e.g horses, trials, reputations, exclusive guilds ect. ect.
Fast forward to Obliv or Skyrim and other than horses it's all still missing and for seemingly no reason. It's easier to add in guild exclusivity than it is to make two entirely new crafting skills. It would be easier to revamp the crime and punishment system too but they don't. They have to make it for the smoothest of brains.

Fallout 76 was the best game that came out last year and is even better right now. People who haven the played it but pretend to have just to bash it are pathetic.

Not only you're underage but you also have 0 reading comprehension.
Embarrassing.

Shame so few people use mods then.

Because Todd takes no prisoners. He will not rest until he’s sold a copy of Skyrim to every man, woman, and child in America—no, the world.

Weren't a third of the skillls literally useless?

Does FO4 have all those depraved mods that 3, NV, Oblivion and Skyrim got yet? Or is it like Morrowind where it's practically impossible to mod them in?

I wasn't even the first guy who posted. At least this fag actually played all of these games instead of sliding his own shit across his keyboard and posting the results.

In what way is it better? It abandons dungeon crawling for special quest hallways. Every cave has a prophesy or some cult or some basic bitch mini quest. They're small and linear and you get some trash loot for doing them. Done one done them all. At least when I grind dungeons in obliv it doesn't try to tell to piss in my face and tell me it's raining. It's just a cave. if you're lucky something cool but mundane will be going on in there.
>shit towns
>shit story
>shit dungeons
>shit magic
>shit shit shit
OH BUT OBLIVION BAD so Skyrim must be better

Because you will never have a family or be as alpha as Todd

Kirkbride rolling in pain because people no longer know he exists.

>oblivion worst
Nah its skyrim

No it was literally in the official e3 stream

a) roleplay
b) only language is useless and even then it wouldn't have been hard to rework them into something better. I guess climbing could have just been a mechanic rather than a skill but then so could jumping. Allowing you to jump like a mad man based on stats is fine, cool even. Just don't put it in primary or major skills and it's fine.

not impossible but they don't make it any easier with constant mod breaking "updates"

He's rolling in pain from drug withdrawl.

Not surprising he is forgotten. The MKult is insular and dogmatic.
The only thing MK adds now are the fanfics and they don't have the same weight with the non C0DA crowd as it does within the cult.

He's the driving force behind making Elder Scrolls a fucking mainstream arcade "RPG" and stripping away more and more unique things about it, you fucking asshole I fucking hate you, you don't know ANYTHING about the games you're talking about, holy shit why is this board so incompetent when it comes to their own fucking hobby?

It was in exactly one stream. The streamer admitted he added the audio.

Oblivion was hopelessly dull and gimped everything good from Morrowind
as an action RPG Skyrim exceeds it, and the story is much more interesting than the dull plodding plot of Oblivion which barely anyone cares to talk about ever.
the "dungeons" in Oblivion are in general pretty shit, tight angular copy-paste corridors that exist in the overworld as a lump of rock with a wood door (why does every cave have a door??)

Skyrim's dungeons at least feel more "naturalistic" and have an interesting/believable presence in the overworld so that the overground and underground mesh together seamlessly.

beyond that Skyrim feels like what I had imagined Skyrim to look like, meanwhile arriving in Cyrodill for the first time had me like "wtf is this place?!" where are the rice paddies, samurai street guards guarding the paths of the Imperial city with their massive Dai-Katanas, and Conan the Barbarian highland warlords grumbling about their effete Nibenese mage cousins?

Skyrim is just a massive improvement and the only downside for me is the lack of spellmaking and how weak destruction magic is compared to other offensive skills

Attached: cyrodiil_pic_02.jpg (200x654, 70K)

>I make shitty games it's just business bro
Yeah nah fuck Todd and fuck you.
A thousand times this, OP doesn't know shit about Elder Scrolls and its development.

>he was the driving force behind making Elder Scrolls "weird" and a unique setting rather than an ultra generic D&D clone as it was to begin with.
Actually that's MK
Todd is a glorified Star Wars fanboy whose only a sponge to new ideas

>generic D&D copy-cat crap
orc is named orc

>unique original fantasy setting
orc is named dgfgwsrgokioh

>people defending fucking Todd Howard because they have no idea how any of the Elder Scrolls games even came to be, so far that they even think he was a POSITIVE force behind it
Fuck this board.

Roleplay
So playing pretend I am a scholar because I have a language in my char sheet?
No not an acceptable answer.

Elder Scrolls isn't an ultra generic D&D clone?

goooooooooooooooooooooooooook

He wrote the pocket guide in Redguard too, which was when much of its identity took form. Even some of the more mundane stuff, like the general histories and cultures of the races, were first explored in depth there.
Hell even things that were core to Skyrim originated in his writings: Alduin and Talos as a god are from his Morrowind works, and the Greybeards, Thu'um, and the Holds of Skyrim are from the pocket guide. Also arguably the Thalmor and the Aldmeri Dominion, as he introduced them to the lore but technically the ones we saw in Skyrim were a revival of them by the High Elves after the Oblivion crisis rather than the original organizations themselves.

TES Lore was undoubtedly shaped dramatically by his writings over the 5 years he worked there, but he hasn't contributed directly since the Oblivion DLC. That line people always bring up in Skyrim is just a small reference and it doesn't make any of the stuff he wrote since leaving the company anything more than fanfiction.

It just feels...manipulative is all. I dunno. Its hard for me to view Todd in any wholesome senses.

Everything you said in your post is a lie. Literally every single thing. I'm genuinely impressed.

Attached: 1559294505094.jpg (640x596, 56K)

>Oblivion is the worst elder scrolls game
Opinion discarded skycuck

>son did you climb that mountain
uhhh yes dad
>good, I love you son
uhhh you too *switches game back to fortnite*

he was the project lead of Morrowind and saved the company from economic dissolution with that games success

No you faggot it was in the OFFICIAL stream I heard it

>nostalgia kiddies who honestly think Oblivion was good
wew
imagine the state of these kiddos who's first RPG ever was Oblivion on Xbox 360 and have the gall to act like it wasn't a piece of trash.

>Obliv is gimped Morrow
>but please ignore how Skyrim is a MUCH more gimped obliv
I mean, I can't really argue with you. I would feel bad railing on a clinically retarded person.

>interesting believeable presence in the overworld
Are you referring to their literal placements? If so then no - also who cares. Obliv AND Skyrim use caves and other 'holes in the wall' there's not much difference other than alied ruins making more sense.
As for the dungeons themselves they are mechanically simplified in Skyrim. You can't say otherwise. Combine that with how each one tries to pull you into some faggot hero fantasy and you've just ruined your dungeon crawling.

>lore shit
Granted. I cannot defend Oblivion's excution versus expectation. On the other hand how can you defend Skyrim's tiny towns and lack luster world/building politics
>I imagined Skyrim to be a barely functional hellhole with almost 0 population
I see.

>only downside [mechanically] is lack of spell making
Then you're irrelevant to discussion because there were far more features lost in the transition than spell making. Hell even casting itself was ruined for this two hand shit.
What about classes and fucking stats?

He was also the one to strip down myriads of features to make Morrowind more streamlined compared to Daggerfall. I don't care about financial success, suck my dick chink.

>rp isn't an acceptable answer in a roleplay game
Wow okay. They do actually do something. For one they're used in guild ranks and for two they pacify. What they needed to do was rework the pacification system and it would have been viable and actually pretty cool to have a non-violent character.
They weren't prominent in the pre-built roles and the game was trying a lot of new stuff. It deserves a pass.

Look at this board, people have nostalgia for Modern Warfare 2 and Assassins Creed. It's over.

I think the things stripped from Daggerfall can be justified with what came out in the end.
I'd argue that Skyrim is improved overall over Oblivion and is closer to morrowind in tone and style.
the actual gameplay is better, AI and character progression is deeper, the new class system is much more interesting than the antiquated skills system which required you to do stupid bullshit all the time just to level correctly and not get stomped by AI as in Oblivion.

also Oblivion was just a boring world, skyrim is at least interesting, and more than that it got rid of the retarded Omnipotent guards for a more reasonable regional legal system and being able to kill witnesses/guards to get away with a crime.

>calling people kiddos while actively defending the action game tripe that is Skyrim
Are you pretending to be older when you started on Skyrim or are you just retarded?

No you didn't. It is still up if you want to check.
>They scrubbed it.
Adjust your tin foil hat it is slipping a bit.

So basically all elder scrolls games suck except Morrowind.

I'm looking at the series objectively starting from Morrowind of PC and having put many hours into every game (except Arena which I only completed once)

I can safely say that Skyrim is better than Oblivion, the latter was just a vehicle to sell consoles and new graphics cards.

Nostalgia has kept Morrowind alive on/v/. Don't scoff at the power of nostalgia.

Playing pretend isn't an acceptable answer. RP is.

>character progression is deeper
Not true at all.
>closer to morrowind in tone and style
Please justify this statement
>new class system
Their literally isn't one - you're an idiot
>and not get stomped by AI
and also apparently shit at video games

>obliv was boring and skyrim was interesting
Obliv was too mundane and came off high expectations i.e morrowind and the imperial lore. Skyrim blows so much smoke up your ass that everything is some daedric plot or world ending prophesy or cult ect. ect. It's a fucking farce themepark game. There's no weight to anything anymore and the entire game, world building and immersion suffer GREATLY because of it.
You can call obliv boring but you can immerse as some nobody knight or thief or mage and enjoy yourself. Try to do anything in Skyrim even just a random dungeon and chances are you'll be a hero or champion by the end of it.

>only language is useless
But user those are a third of the skills in the game.
Fun fact: if you were to roll up all of Daggerfall's languages into one skill, let's call it "Creature Languages", it would have the same total skill count as Morrowind.

What happened is that they didn't want to just throw every feature into the game and then not work on any of them like they did in Daggerfall. If you want to give depth to any systems, you need to decide what ones you're going to put the time and effort into and what ones need to be dropped.
Bethesda have been progressively making those decisions in each game after Daggerfall all the way through to Skyrim and while the featureset 'on the box' shrinks, the depth of each individual feature grows. Sure Skyrim has the least skills, but the perk system gives each skill a lot more depth than the simple 0-100 range they were before with the three automatic perks in Oblivion. Not all the perks are very well designed but enough of them are that they're really incomparable to previous games.

I'd say all of them are at least good.
Morrowind is the only one that's great.

RP is playing pretend. The only degree of distinction is immersion and enjoyment.

I'd say all of them are utter trash, except Daggerfall and maybe Morrowind. Now fuck off zoomzoom.

>Why do people give Todd so much hate when he was the driving force behind making Elder Scrolls "weird" and a unique setting rather than an ultra generic D&D clone as it was to begin with.

Attached: 173731279.jpg (776x1224, 317K)

>oblivion
>bad
Imagine being this much of a pleb

>the depth of each individual feature grows
That is a straight up fucking lie. I've already proven that it's getting simpler mechanically. Separating optional languages instead of bundling them doesn't change that. There's nothing wrong with a LESS useful skill (given languages are exceptionally useless). They don't all have to be balanced. You're the kind of fucking no fun allowed loser who inspired Bethesda to take out athleticism and acrobatics. Fuck you.

They both loved Todd though.

Attached: Todd.png (939x923, 180K)

No.
If I want to play as a swordsman I have the tools to RP as one with the tools from the game.
If I want to RP as a politician and pick language skills and stand around in front of crowds pretending I am giving a speech it is just that pretending.

If you follow your reasoning you don't even need the skills to roleplay.

>Bethesda have been progressively making those decisions in each game after Daggerfall all the way through to Skyrim and while the featureset 'on the box' shrinks, the depth of each individual feature grows. Sure Skyrim has the least skills, but the perk system gives each skill a lot more depth than the simple 0-100 range they were before with the three automatic perks in Oblivion. Not all the perks are very well designed but enough of them are that they're really incomparable to previous games.

The perks in Skyrim weren't intended to be a replacement for Oblivion perks, they're a replacement for attributes and skills, both of which Skyrim removed. And they're a very poor replacement.

ANd that's not even mentioning magic. Skyrim doesn't even have a fraction of the magic variety that Morrowind had.

Attached: 1552567598817.jpg (795x960, 52K)

cont.
>hur what if we gutted magic mechanics
>better yet what if we made magic an equipable and ruined entire play styles and the point of utility magic because two hands zap-zap looks cool for the kiddos
Wow dude. Really loving that fucking depth. Really loving a court system. Really loving real time stam and mana regen. Really loving 12 house cities. Really loving making a overly theatrical joke of all the previous figures in the lore or world building and trivializing gods and deadra alike

todd is self admittedly the driving force behind the casualization that started in morrowind

> Trivializing the gods.
user gods in TES are generally not that impressive.

You mean not that cinematic. Being a God isn't about powerwank. The presence of unique cults of worship and that sort of thing is much more compelling and immersive than what we've been saddled with.
Trivialising them further is oil on the fire.

>Skyrim doesn't even have a fraction of the magic variety that Morrowind had.
Morrowind had the most utility effects for sure, and I'd agree if you said it's the most fun to just play around with magic in general, but Skyrim wins when it comes to variety of combat magic and cast types. In the spellmaking games it's all different colored orbs or touch spells, while Skyrim added stuff like channeled spells, traps (runes), dual casting, etc.

>Bethesda have been progressively making those decisions in each game after Daggerfall all the way through to Skyrim and while the featureset 'on the box' shrinks, the depth of each individual feature grows

Except it doesn't.

Look at a first-person RPG like Dark Messiah. It has only four weapon types: swords, daggers, quarterstaves and bows. But those weapon types actually have unique move sets and are fun to play.

By contrast, the Elder Scrolls series keeps gutting weapon types, skills, magic, but it still has bad gameplay.

Attached: Dark Messiah combat 1.webm (640x360, 2.98M)

No I mean not that impressive. They cure a disease here and there but by and large they don't do a great deal.

>variety of combat magic and cast types
Wow bro I can use one or TWO FUCKING HANDS. That's as many as two ones and that's a lot.
Skyrim's magic was all presentation and that presentation was shit anyway. Yeah I'll give you runes but that's it. Fucking revolutionary. Glad almost everything else is gone since we got runes out of it.

Good post.

Because he was responsible for turning tes and fallout into generic dungeon farming shit in an elf fantasy/viking fantasy/cartoon fantasy.

And Emil Paliguro. Jesus Christ that man has to be the worst writer working in vidya.

Do you have any webms with an example of the good combat from DM.
The one you have looks like Skyrim combat with fancy animations when you switch weapons..

>t. skyrimtard

Attached: Dark Messiah combat 2.webm (624x348, 2.95M)

>There's nothing wrong with a LESS useful skill
There is if it actively harms the game. For example they had so much shit to juggle in Daggerfall's rushed and stressful development that they managed to have a skill even worse than the languages: Dodging, which due to a bug reduces your chance to hit instead of increasing your chance to dodge.

Speaking of features that harm the game, do you think any of the TES games would have benefited from having bank loans the same way they were implemented in Daggerfall? Keep in mind that bank loans were large sums of free money with no strings attached that you could collect from every region at once with absolutely no consequence for not repaying them on time. The official strategy guide claims that the bank sends headhunters after you and the wiki claims that you lose regional reputation. Both of these are wrong, of course, because Bethesda didn't put any thought or testing into things back then. They just threw everything they could think of in and prayed that it might work as they hope.

But hey at least we have that new remake to fix those issues among many others that were even more serious. Maybe that's the winning strategy, just wait 25 years for a fan remake to finish the game for you.

Except he's worshiped by all the "hardcore" people in the TES community, even those that never actually read anything about or by him. They just know that if they say "Kirkbride" they will sound smart and fit in with the crowd. There's way more people who parrot the idea that "Kirkbride created everything"

>indulging some spastic who hasn't even played Dark Messiah and moreover is defending Skyrim
Wasted bandwidth.

Well in the first the AI seemed to forget it was in a fight at the end.
It is flashy I will give you that. Might I suggest you try Witcher 3 lots of spins and flashy moves in that game as well.

Honestly, it's pretty cute to think of a dad getting all excited to see his son play the game he made. Though I got to wonder if it makes criticism awkward.
>Hey dad, how come the questlines are so barebones
>Hey dad, why did Zelda have a much more interactive world
>Hey dad, why are the Imperials so clearly the better choice

>discussing design and mechanics
>yeah well this otherwise perfectly fine stat as a bug
Wowee a bug in a bethesda game. Colour me surprised. Same thing for the bugged loans. The idea is tight and if we're talking about ezmone then why aren't you bitching about stealing. I personally don't still in my runs but the moment you do you can get all the money and gear you need without effort completely derailing the difficulty curve and as such the experience.

>maybe the strat is waiting for a remake
And what is [] the unofficial patch? Fucking retard. Bethesda is having their games remade in real time now so they put even less effort in. Why bother when mod cucks will do it for them. The people who do major mods and overhauls should just make their own fantasy game instead of basically giving money to bethesda.

>Well in the first the AI seemed to forget it was in a fight at the end.
That wasn't the AI forgetting anything, that enemy was running away, or rather stumbling away (since they move and attack more clumsily the lower their health). Enemies in Dark Messiah will often try to run away if they are near-death.

Yeah, it was faked.

Bugs are caused by things. Believe it or not it's not just incompetence. Bethesda game's bugs are directly proportional to the scope of the feature set, because the more shit you have to implement, debug, and test for interactions with everything else the less time you can spend on all three of those crucial steps. That's why Daggerfall is so full of half finished and broken features.

If you were to retain everything from Daggerfall but have them all actually work as designed (when bugged) or made useful (when useless) you would have to spend orders of magnitude more time and effort than the Daggerfall team did. When you ask for future games to live up to Daggerfall's design you're asking them to live up to something that Daggerfall itself barely achieved a fraction of. They decided to go for quality over quantity and so far it's been working great.

Show me the samples then. Because that whole soundbite sounded pretty legit.

>Hey dad, why did Zelda have a much more interactive world
You can't even attack NPCs in Zelda, much less rob them or pickpocket them.

Heck, any items you drop from your inventory disappear into thin air.

Attached: 1548507447455.gif (487x560, 898K)

I've been thuroughly dissapointed with the Fallout series under Bethesda, but as far as the Elder Scrolls games have gone I'm satisfied, despite the misstep that was Oblivion, though granted this could be argued as a necessity to fully break into the console market.

Go watch the official stream. It is still available.
It appeared inexactly one stream. The guy who faked its stream.

Todd, why the fuck is the Fallout 4 DLC so goddamn expensive 3 years after release? I wanna install some mods and give the game a second chance, but fuck me I'm not paying $70 AUD for a bunch of settlement assets so I can install a fucking backpack mod, make the armour system less restrictive or see my weapons on my character when holstered.

>The enemy will try to run away if they are near death
So like Skyrim then. See they are doing what you want.

>just one copy
Nah Todd won't stop until everyone in the milky way and neighbouring galaxies has AT LEAST 15 copies of Skyrim.

Yes, it's fake. It was never on the official stream just LIRIK's restream, and the audio is from this:
youtube.com/watch?v=NhfYB0xaJvE&t=7s

>sample
There we go. Thanks

was Ken Rolston the Dreamboy?

>skyrim is a gutted piece of shit
>still a bug filled mess
Something about your system is working out, user.

Supply and demand. People are buying them faster than they can make copies.

>F3 - eh
>Skyrim - eh
>F4 - shit
>F 76 - shit
How exactly can TES VI possibly be a good game?

Attached: 1506934113413.jpg (600x578, 49K)

Todd Howard is my favorite video game developer! All the games he makes are great and worth buying multiple copies of. Heck, I have four different copies of Skyrim and I encourage you all to follow suit!

Attached: rod-boward-57b1e3a672774.jpg (1080x1188, 656K)

It's a mystery. They have been so bad for so long it is amazing they are still in business. Who are all these people enjoying things I don't?

Yes, but much less so than Daggerfall. That's the part that's working out. For example, all of Skyrim's skills and spells actually do things. Clearly great progress is being made.

>tfw I realised that I owned three copies of Dragon's Dogma and Dragon Age: Origins
>do not own three copies of Skyrim
That's got to hurt Todd

Sounds like something Todd would actually say.

How does your shitty taste hurt Todd. If he thought about you at all he would probably just feel bad for you.

>Hey dad, how come this games so buggy

You seem to be an unbiased anonymous An intelligent poster. Should I buy fallout four? I am looking for an ARPG Which I can customize to the MAX. To the MAD MAX To be specific. Are there former titles better at it?

They are well stocked with 1s. The supply like on the 0s is being disrupted by the China Tariffs.

He made him play Morrowind first? Someone should call child services.

>do not own three copies of Skyrim
user, it's not too late to change that. I'll wait.

Attached: 1539876895849.jpg (708x708, 41K)

Why do people think Todd is and ever was anything but a business man? He is the guy who approves budgets, decides who gets hired and who gets fired, and decides what is most marketable. He was never a writer, a designer or an art director.

Not him, but you should definitely buy Fallout 4, and Fallout 76! Those are two of my favorite games. Just stay away from Fallout: New Vegas, as I--I mean it doesn't really feel like a Fallout game like 4 and 76 do. You should buy multiple copies of both of those games!

Attached: 1518546368589.png (398x384, 143K)

Origins was fine. I got one physical then once on steam and I think there was a super cheap sale on GOG.
Dogma is top fucking tier. I got it once console, then again of Dark Arisen (fucking capcom) then again for GOG
The only thing I regret is buying two digital DA:Os but depending on how cheap it was on GOG (which I don't remember) I may not regret anything

Well he did say the following:
>Ryan: How much Horse Armor did you sell?
>Todd: People will buy anything. That doesn't mean you should do it. They WILL buy anything. That sounds terrible.
>Ryan: That sounds real bad!
>Todd: Horse Armor is not bad! I think Horse Armor is fine.

youtu.be/nPttE_fvjZM?t=1939

He has the best instincts in the business according to Ken Rolston.

If what you state is true and then Todd is the real life equivalent of leading the mages guild without knowing a spell.

>skyrim enemies
>running away
Yeah once out of every 4 times. Mostly they fall to the ground say I yield then get back up and start fighting again

I only ever played Skyrim because of the 2011 bandwagon and it seemed pretty generic fantasy to me

I did read a bit about the crazy CHIM lore and shit but does that ever manifest in any significant way in the main story?

Todd hasn't programmed a game since the terminator games, Daggerfall, and Redguard at Bethesda in 1998.
He's lead of some projects, but I doubt he's actually put any programming into a game in decades.
He's never listed in the programming credits anymore, just director roles. He's a creative director now.

The deep lore is Morrowind and Daggerfall. Obliv is generic and Skyrim is soulless.

Skyrim is ineed generic as fuck, so is Oblivion. After Morrowind all the crazy stuff got replaced with medieval fantasy.

>He was never a writer, a designer or an art director.
He made a bunch of the dungeon blocks in Daggerfall, is credited for "Design and Writing" alongside two others in Redguard, and designed the editor for Morrowind and many of its quests and levels. From Oblivion onward he stopped being credited in any nitty-gritty dev positions but the existence of the ToddTest cell in Oblivion suggests he was still involved to some degree there.

Well they have gone from the suicidal AI in Morrowind to being able to flank,will seek cover if they can't find away to reach you, will yield at low health, and attempting to heal allies.
They are clearly moving in the direction you want but you are still mad. You are getting what you want.They absolutely can improve more and their track record suggests they will.

CHIM has zero impact on the games.It doesn't impact the gameplay or the story in any way.

>takes multiple decades to learn what other devs can do in a few years
Nice improvement Bethesda emplyee

Some people are only happy when they are miserable I guess.
Sucks to be you.

Vivec was created in Redguard and has a scene with Cyrus where he tells him some mumbo jumbo about the universe n'shit when you break out of the game work and encounter the glich-void of warped polygons and broken programs

Attached: Vivec Cyrus.jpg (550x413, 45K)

Whatever happened to Arkane studios?
They are clearly superior to those tards at Bethesda.

how the hell do you make these images?

>He has the best instincts in the business according to Ken Rolston.
Well, "kids are into LORD OF THE RINGS", "Kids are into DRAGONS" and "Kids are into Minecraft" don't really require that much of exceptional instincts. He is just kinda shameless, rather than brilliant. He just goes for the easiest trarget. And save for 76 (which was a catastrophy because of the engine above everything), it just works.

Of course he isn't fucking coding. The real question is how much he is an actual creative person, and how much is he a regular manager.

>Whatever happened to Arkane studios?
I have a suspicion that they are fucked now. After the debacle that was Prey, a lot of the main creative minds have left the studio. Since then, they have worked on Mooncrash, which is almost surreal in how absolutely NOT LIKE PREY it is, they worked on 76 quite a lot, and now they are making something new, but from the little we've heard it sounded very, very bland.
We'll see, but Mooncrash made me doubt if Arcane studio is really there anymore.

I believe user was going for Bethesda bought them.
source: It was me

I appreciate his contributions, but left to his own devices his writing is incomprehensible. In media res is one thing but a text dense with neologisms that are mentioned once and never given a definition, much less a context is poor writing. Especially when the subject is metaphysics and philosophy.

He was never a programmer in the first place. He was always a designer/writer.

He was talking about how Todd wanted fast travel and he fought against it hard.
Todd isn't a slave to the "The other games had it so it belongs "mentality. Everything must stand on its own merits and if it doesn't it goes.

But it's not just Todd I hate. I hate every single person in Bethesda who is responsible for the continued use of the Gamebryo engine and the severe reduction in the game world that has been evident since Oblivion.

Other than inventing mouselook in the Terminator game he worked on he didn't do much.