Why is everyone getting worked up over this kids game?

Why is everyone getting worked up over this kids game?

Attached: teletubbies.jpg (690x388, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/_/search/text/"suddenly care"/image/fw-LQVZz-08HoSPg0zcbUg/
youtu.be/xdfB8VDCVtQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the devs are actual assholes

now stop posting this thread

what game is this?

it's one guy being an asshole really
but word

Outrage for the sake of outrage, no one here was even going to buy this gay looking game, or even worse paid the kickstarter, and if you were interested on this you're a turbo homo that should be on tumblr, not here. Also, the only mistake the devs did were give leeway to the angry twitter warriors, instead of just saying "we're epic exclusive only from now on, that's it."

>deg makes a kickstarter
>it works and give them money
>dev makes a patreon
>it works and gives them money
>development's going well, people are taking notice
>epic offers them money
>dev chooses money over the players
>fans get mad, some start pulling patreonbucks
>dev tells them to go fuck themselves, they no longer need the money anyway
>fans that can't use epic to buy the game because of regions can't get the game now
>dev tells them too bad and to suck it up
Horray for epic

>epic comes along helping studios retain more profits
>but in return, games have to be Epic exclusive

It's fucking dumb, but the people blowing all of this shit out of proportion are even more dumb. If you truly supported the developer, you'd be appreciative of the fact that they were able to secure funding to further complete the game.

>Oh no! I have to download a new games platform to play it! Woe is me!

Yeah wow. How dare I have to spend 5 minutes downloading and installing EGS.

So if they've secured enough guaranteed money to be happy as they've said, I don't need to feel bad pirating right?

Attached: 14COhR2.png (512x512, 24K)

So because we're not buying the game means we can't criticize the dev's shithead behavior because...?

people that defend endless feature creep with no finished product in sight, are dumb indeed.

If retaining profits was such a big deal how come none of these devs jumped on board with Epic from the start and instead have to be bribed onto their platform with an exclusivity deal that does nothing to benefit the customer?

Exclusivity is cancer on either side. If it were me, I wouldn't take the money. If the matter was really as dramatic as "this is to pay rent" I'd get an actual job and develop on the side. Besides, they already had both a successful patreon and kickstarter to pay the other devs.

Why does Yea Forums suddenly care about this "tumblr art game that looks like shit and I wouldn't buy it" anyway? Lashing out like this is usually driven by... fear. A fear of what? That Steam won't be the premier place for PC games?

Or, is it more likely that you won't be able to "punish" the game by not buying it or leaving negative reviews until you get your way?

If you've ever read I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, Yea Forums reminds me of the AI who loves to torture and abuse the ones he thinks he has control over, but is instantly worried that he'll lose his play things forever.

Attached: steam cuck.jpg (978x972, 182K)

It's not the fact that they sold to egs but how they handle it. If you red their message you can understand that is fucking awful PR move.

I don't agree with your post but damn that book sounds interesting

Hey Ben, instead of people getting upset about your game, isn't it more effective getting upset about climate change?

>dev team is a guy and his wife only
>just one guy
stfu

outrage shit is lowest common denominator, so of course the retards here will cling to it

>installing epic game store
>he hasn't seen the /g/ threads proving it's part of a chinese botnet
There's a reason why they're shilling it this hard and shelling out money to literalwhos to have exclusivity. Someone else has a stake in this

boards.fireden.net/_/search/text/"suddenly care"/image/fw-LQVZz-08HoSPg0zcbUg/
Spamming/flooding is against the rules, idiot.

The female developer is fucking cute as hell, has braces which make it even better.

I'm just laughing that the dev said he is crying himself to sleep every night over some mean words online. What does he expect when he kicks a bee nest?

youtu.be/xdfB8VDCVtQ

>I'm just laughing that the dev said he is crying himself to sleep every night over some mean words online.
It was him or was it female dev?

Pics?

Literally never heard of it before this stupid controversy, it REEKS of a marketing stunt.

>literal jew dev
>sell out to epic
>unironic "FUCKING WHITE CIS GAMURS" whining
>"The reason we didn't want kickstarter is because we don't want to give any more power to entitled manbaby gamers"
>give "interview" to gamejournos how you've been under death threats and racism etc

Is it just me or is it always the fucking jews and SJW who make a big fucking drama out of things like this?

Attached: 1511299763727.jpg (320x320, 18K)

The devs are pricks

Attached: faggots.jpg (1076x2048, 346K)

I don't care about the game but i find the lolcow devs funny

You mean massive falseflagging without any solid proof?

Nothing here justifies the hate the developers have been getting. I swear some people can't just shrug shit off and walk away.

Because everybody craves their daily dose of DRAMMAAAAAAAAA!!!

That is what this is all about. Everyone getting offended and triggered, because that is the most fun people around here ever have.

Nobody cares about the game we're just laughing at the dev sperging out because surprise surprise you can't open discussion of a controversial move to your potential customers in a condescending tone.

Because gamers have finally RISEN UP

Attached: 1542120158429[1].png (1667x1269, 70K)

>It's fucking dumb, but the people blowing all of this shit out of proportion are even more dumb. If you truly supported the developer, you'd be appreciative of the fact that they were able to secure funding to further complete the game.
Agreed, HOWEVER that isn't why people are mad.
They're mad that the second the devs got Epic money they started shitting on their long time supporters after taking the next cut of their patreon money a few days before. It's not the fact its on Epic that's the problem, it's that the devs chose to be the worst kind of cancer for god knows what fucking reason.
For simplicity's sake
>Devs take Epic money to make game = not the problem
>Devs shit on long time supporters and become absolute condescending homotwats for no fucking reason = the problem

I bet it was part of the contract, Tim made sure they shitted on their now former fans.

Why should consumers have to be the bigger people? That makes no sense. It's like saying not to yell at a politician who wants to take away your rights because it might hurt his feelings.

>>Devs take Epic money to make game = not the problem
That is also the problem, scummy business practices by epic and weak integrity from devs who take bribes

Well, ok it's a problem but not why the devs are getting all that shit. Some of it, sure, but the large amount is from them acting like cunts.

Ironically the "outrage" is generating more marketing of the game than it ever had.

>Why should consumers have to be the bigger people?
Cause we live in a world where there's a million choices to pick from. And vidya gaems are nowhere close to a politician taking away your rights. Holy shit you're dumb.

Based

>yong yea
fuck off and die

this

But actually he's based for taking advantage of retarded gamers and their stupid outrage culture, I just hate him for doing it before me.

>people blowing all of this shit out of proportion are even more dumb.
You mean dumber, dipshit

>always the fucking jews
No
>and SJW
Yes

From all the recent gaming controversies this is the first jew. It's just beta / sjw / libtard thing.

There's literally a webm that shows proof (don't have it here rn) and you can copy what he did using procmon and witness it yourself. Also epic already admitted they stole steam files without your consent (b..but we promise we didnt send it!)

Try harder next time chong ling.

Attached: 1560437516735.png (1914x4402, 1.91M)

t. wing xingding

Why does a dev being an asshole automatically invalidate all merits of the product? I mean, don't get me wrong, the game looks like ass to me, but that's due to what I have seen of the game itself, not because of some ninny working on it behind the scenes.

Attached: hmmm.....png (640x640, 111K)

>Doesn't understand the purpose of analogies
>Has the audacity to insult someone else's intelligence

because it's funny

Attached: 1552418347094.png (960x768, 388K)

sure thing bud

Whatcha doin rabbi?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-08 Newsletter.png (654x267, 16K)

because the developers are playing the victim card because they took randy's "bone the barely legals" pitchford's money and knew they'd get backlash. I honestly think game developers just lack maturity nowadays. You don't see shigeru miyamoto make claims about crying himself to sleep because some neckbeards said one mario game looks too similar to another mario game

>how do i digest hitler
kek'd

your intelligence is dumb

Attached: 1565036277527.png (352x438, 110K)

Good marketing + good customer service are mandatory if you want to sell a product.

Hi Perplamps
Shouldn't you be putting gamers into gas chambers?

fuck off chink bot

Attached: Obsessed chink.png (1747x672, 199K)

I never said that

>devs make Kickstarter and patreon for game
>epic pays them to be exclusive
>they announce the exclusivity deal by outright insulting the same people who backed/are backing the game in the first place
>people get mad and pull patreon money
>devs tell people that they don't even need them anymore and that gamers should stop being entitled
>people respond badly to this
>devs cry on Twitter about how they're being harassed for absolutely no reason at all and epic posts a tweet condemning gamers for being mean boo hoo
>the game dev is a Jew
>the game dev cries in pain as it strikes you

Attached: traaa_tan_did_it_all_by_totally_not_a_fetish_dd7z4qy.png (1022x877, 647K)

Okay, let's make an easier to swallow analogy for you. Why shouldn't we get upset with [PEOPLE SELLING PRODUCT] when they fuck over their consumers, and the people who donated to them so that they could finish said product.
Actually that's not even an analogy huh.

Whatever you get the idea.

Also aren't you being a bit of a hyppocrite telling others to react to the devs getting mad at people by "Shrugging it off and walking away" When you're here, reacting to people getting mad at the devs by not "Shrugging it off and walking away."

Cmon dude just let people be mad haha why're you getting upset about people being angry at someone that's not you and who you don't care about nor have ever met

>tfw Jim Sterling is too deep in the koolaid to cover this story
>have to resort to "gyang gayy owl see u gaiz lator!" and gaymen laming to cover it

He's probably trying to figure out how to blame Valve for all of this somehow.
He fucking hates Steam irrationally.

>make the same thread every other hour
>bait half of Yea Forums
>it works every time

Attached: if-this-nigga-dont-shut-the-fuck-up.jpg (300x191, 13K)

>Pay money with promise of x
>They tell you to go fuck yourself and take y
Honestly wars have been fought over less money and Kings beheaded.

wtf even is this game? it looks like shit. who cares

>Appreciate ghetto trash stealing my shit then getting a free handout after my shit is stolen
No.

You think Epic is giving them shit behind the scenes? Epic gave them money and in turn they were supposed to attract a lot of people to the platform, but instead they're acting like they no longer actually need to sell copies of the game because the check already cashed.

>people responded badly
Everyone is at fault but the Ooblets devs are particularly condescending to the point where they lash out at everyone. It's the fact that they don't clarify about the "we don't need kickstarter money" and instead say "you simply wouldn't like ooblets in the first place" And the way they hide behind the Epic Store owner that makes them incredibly pathetic. 'NOW we can make the game we always wanted without worrying it will fail' sounds like they had no faith in the game in the first place and any hate towards it probably would've been treated with the same snark and tone deafness that we get now. In short these people are so unpleasant I feel that losing money with this game would have been the slap back to reality they need. But hey.. They already got their money. So who cares?

200 yuan have been deposited into your tencent account

>They already got their money. So who cares?
But he called us entitled and is acting smug! Who cares if the game sucks or not that makes me MAD and you should be too! ):

Devs knew painting themselves as victims would be more than enough for people to look past the fact they accepted a bribe.

The devs knew exactly what they were doing.

Attached: fat music plays.png (580x618, 64K)

Who cares about this shit game. it's just fun to shit on smug hipster faggots & that's the only reason to mention this trash game.

Imagine backing a Kickstarter, or even worse, a Patreon.

Attached: 1466521888101.jpg (900x719, 195K)

PERPLAAAAMPS

HAHA

PERPLAAAAAAAAAAAAAMPS

HEHEHEHEEHEHEEEEEEE

PERPLAAAAAAAAAAAAAMPS OERPLAAAAAAAAMPS

HHEHEHAHAHAAAAAAA

PER

PLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMPS

PERPLAAAAMPS

HAHA

PERPLAAAAAAAAAAAAAMPS

HEHEHEHEEHEHEEEEEEE

PERPLAAAAAAAAAAAAAMPS OERPLAAAAAAAAMPS

HHEHEHAHAHAAAAAAA

PER

PLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMPS

I hope these fragile fuckers really get harassed in real life and then we'll see if they still call individual shit talking comment on the internet harassment.

I don't even want that I wish they would know how it feels to put money and effort into something only for it to be taken over by something different and of poorer quality.

I suppose one of them would have to be cucked.

The devs call people entitled while they suck up Epic money and still keep their Patreon page open. Actual fucking thieves.

Anybody who paid money into the patreon/kickstarter that explicitly said that a copy of the finished game wasn't a backing reward deserve everything they got.
Fucking retards.

>everyone is at fault
hello ooblet dev. the only person at fault is the retard who wrote and posted that announcement and the devs for doubling down and insulting even more people instead of apologizing. this would have been over in a day if they just put out a tweet saying something like "guys, we're sorry for that announcement, we were trying to be funny/ironic but it didn't turn out how we wanted to, sorry!"
but they won't do that. the second they got their money their true intentions have been revealed. they were acting nice and friendly while they depended on it to finish their game and to make money, but the second they got the money they immediately turn on their fans, friends, and backers and shove them away, insult them, and call them entitled

Attached: c2f62d8ab25d588f544aa27626400953--maid-outfit-french-maid.jpg (473x355, 26K)

That fat fuck hasn't died from diabeetus yet ?

>Everyone is at fault
There's plenty of instances where devs actually make a valid point and apologize for the inconvenience while promising to make the game even better before it hits steam after the exclusivity-contract wears off.

The lead dev of ooblets pretty much incentivized the public to shit on him and his game with his answers to the exclusivity-deal.

It sets a bad precedent so not buying from that developer and giving them a bad name means not supporting that kind of behavior.