Thoughts about this shit show?

thoughts about this shit show?

I honestly think the devs derserved it.

Attached: BFoEYAsR34cyshmwDF6yrF.jpg (1133x643, 96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@perplamps/regarding-whats-been-happening-3af0f27d863c
youtu.be/xdfB8VDCVtQ
techcrunch.com/2019/08/06/indie-developer-flooded-with-racist-misogynist-abuse-after-announcing-epic-partnership/
twitter.com/adriarichards/status/313417655879102464
amonitoring.ru/article/steamclient-0day/
youtube.com/watch?v=dbN5aDQDRH4&feature=youtu.be&t=742
giphy.com/gifs/l378pOk4vgb6ehMc0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No sane person would think otherwise.

I think that uhhh nobody gave a shit until all the career artificial outrage youtubers got hold of it. Think for yourself for once.

What happened?

Devs had a legit reason to take the epic exclusivity deal, but were patronizing their audience with a blog post and future replies, and just started straight up shitting on everyone in a temper tantrum. Now no one likes them.

>devs deserved it
Wait, what happened now?
Did the chinks kick them out?
Did they get gassed instead?

Nobody gave a shit because nobody knew about it. I read the entire post and if I was a backer I would've refunded that shit in an instant.

i can't believe how much of a free publicity this shitty indie game got

Roastie got toasty and decided to sass the people who wanted to buy her game.

stop giving their game free advertising. You fuckers did the same shit with apex legends, making constant bait threads that just increases awareness for the game.

Attached: caveman sgdq.gif (471x479, 1.5M)

And the sad thing is fucking tim and them mainstream "news" media outlets seems to miss the issue.

Free advertising doesn't mean it will get anyone to buy the game, user. If anything it's going to get an opposite reaction.

OP here I don't even fucking know what that Apex thing is.

Makes me wonder if that's an actual marketing move to stir Yea Forumstards into being vocal to increase awareness.
Maybe it was always the case since what happened to Anita.

I hope this game sells tons of copies and is incredibly financially successful, just like every other game you retards incessantly bitch about. Fuck all of you for shitting up the board every day complaining about Twitter screencaps and other shit I would've NEVER found if you hadn't shoved it down our throats.

Attached: 1448925287200.gif (335x237, 1.81M)

Must be great to be so oblivious to your surroundings.

It's not about Ooblets. It's about the passive-aggressive, snarky contempt for which most indie developers hold for their audience. It's about the liberal bubble of the west coast scene, and the intrinsic, highly political atmosphere of making a game in 2019. It's about opportunism, a look at how behind the cute internet twee and pastel colors is a painfully cynical product, just as bereft of integrity as any AAA monolith.

Attached: 1557324214585.jpg (636x504, 33K)

Nobody knows what you're talking about, and nobody cares, try reading a book you retarded faggot

I know this is probably ironic but honestly I felt your post 100%

>Roastie got toasty

Attached: 128645736245.gif (400x225, 2.02M)

Kek

I don't know this game, and it's probably the usual indiegarbage like a thousand are released on steam every week, but I find it insane that people refuse to buy a game because it's on another platform. If anything you should be pissed because it has DRMs in the first place.
What were you thinking when steam got success because you gave it money? That nobody would want a piece of the cake and do their own version for their own products? I have bad news for you : it's the future you chose by going the steam road. Fuck you Yea Forums, I told you years ago and you got guts to call me a fucking EA marketer. Fuck you, I hope these platforms multiply and in the end steam only harbours indietrash while you whine because whatever AAA turd-flavor isn't available on muh steam.

I kind of want to hear the story on why it’s so hated, all the details from their first fuck to the aftermath. Dev horror stories have become a new pass time for me.

What a marketer UwU

>I find it insane that people refuse to buy a game because it's on another platform.
thats stooge, that's not the arguement here.
try reading this

Attached: perlamps.jpg (1384x1603, 425K)

>confirmed in the past that the game will be released on Steam
>snarky and condescending as fuck to their backers when they break their promise to get a wad of cash from Swinely
>"b-b-but it's just another free launcher!!!"
>frequent data breaches, payment details stolen even though Epic doesn't have a license to handle and save payment details
>people call out devs
>"hepl im being attacked for being a snarky piece of shit!!!"
>"ive been literally cring for 2 days im so sad"
>proceeds to insult everyone that tries to have a discussion by calling them entitled toxic gamers
>"wtf why does everyone hate us now"

also the husband of the whore is a jew

Attached: 1522078914188.jpg (434x325, 69K)

The guy types like a total idiot. I don't mean that he lacks respect or that he's too rude to the frail little gamers, but how he clearly thinks he's super funny while he is nothing of the sorts.

Now, what he actually did wasn't anything any sane person would be upset over and gamers, are as always, ultimately in the wrong. You really fucking suck.

They're grade A cunts, but the death threats were going too far and only give ammunition for them since they can now dismiss any legitimate criticism.

are you his wife?

Nope, this is potentially good high effort indie garbage. Epic isn't paying for modern Steam exclusive classics like Save Daddy Trump, so you don't have to worry about losing those.

>death traits because muh steam
Pathetic, truly pathetic...

Attached: image.jpg (1280x720, 145K)

They probably don't care if nobody buys their game, Epic gave them the funds for their next project

It's just funny to me how fast the uWu twee facade dropped the second they didn't need patreon money to survive. It's clear the devs had nothing but contempt for the people who trusted them enough to give them money monthly.

>someone on twitter said they'll kill me
who fucking even cares, poor bb you got a death threat on twitter?

ironically, the devs are the ones who sound entitled
also does anyone have a mirror of the jim sterling video on it? he deleted it

Being a contrarian just makes you look like a bigger faggot. You think you're above Yea Forums but this post fits right in the spirit.

Attached: 1333684316749.jpg (282x236, 36K)

They deserve everything bad.

>gamers are a sub-class of neanderthals and should be exterminated
>t. ooblets dev

$3000 patreon game got snatched by epic, dick devs being "we don need no your money no morr we got epic holding our ass" and "fuck you entitled baby gamers buy our game on EGS or else fuck off" on their official blog and discord. gamers and potential buyers mad. Devs cry cuz they're bullied or something. Tim sweeney and media bandwaggons and made it worse.

It's literally all marketing. You're being marketed to. This thread is probably marketing.

Gamers are literally rising up all over. It's only a matter of time before some guy with a steam logo tattooed to his forehead shoots up an indie dev.

Based. Why do we hate this guy again?

EGS might be FREE but I still don't want to use it because it's an inferior product. The same with Uplay/Origin which have been out much longer. I'd rather buy games on GOG.

people who act like children can't handle criticism. imagine that

>Devlog entitled "We Did The Thing" announcing move to EGS exclusivity that oozes as much contempt as you could reasonably put in a blog post without resorting to active insults. Completely unprovoked hostility, no one had any reason to be mad at them before this.
>Most reasonable people immediately think "Well, that's understandable, but you could have just said you wanted the money without insulting your entire audience." Some go to express this on Discord.
>Dev has meltdown on Discord, calling anyone and everyone who didn't immediately suck his cock an entitled toxic baby gamer
>People get understandably pissed, some people take it a bit too far with threats and 1 (one) faked screenshot/video
>Tim Sweeney and the devs brush entire controversy under the rug by calling all criticism hate and all screenshots misinformation

Going to pirate this game 10000 times so these cunts have to eat cardboard for the rest of the month.

yeah, sure

Steam drones revealed their horrible side.

Its always interesting to see how in these situations, people will display the abuse they have allegedly received and almost act as if it invalidates what they said/did

>Thinking anyone is going to buy the game after they shit talked people
>Thinking anyone on Yea Forums uses Epic
Ya, maybe the free advertising would work if you told a 8 year old about the game that looks like it is for toddlers, since they would already have an Epic account to play Fortnite.

>As a Jewish person myself, and given the ample evidence refuting the fabrications, it’s hurtful to imagine anyone would believe it.
>Please have a little perspective before letting your mild annoyance lead to deeply hurting a fellow human being.

I hate how he writes this as if he cares about anyone else.

>legit reason
They fucking had a ton ton patreon money thrown at them each month.

That's not how it works.

second the dev outed himself as a Jew I walked away from the whole narrative.

Here medium.com/@perplamps/regarding-whats-been-happening-3af0f27d863c

I don't give a shit about any of the drama surrounding it.
I just think it looks fucking stupid.

Attached: 1525711392190.jpg (800x600, 81K)

Most, and probably all, of the death threats are just impotent outbursts from spergs. However, it only takes one and we see on the news how suggestible a certain minority of suggestible gamers can be.

Timothy Sweet lips bought us another game for free. His a very based man.

Jews are trained from birth to have nothing but disdain and hate for the goyim. The goy is a resource to be exploited.

Girl detected.

Malaysian man didn't even make any demands

youtu.be/xdfB8VDCVtQ
Basically angry dev self-destructed after trying to act coy about Epic snatching their game and in general have terrible damage control.

Attached: a226a024-6695-40e3-8c47-cf94ad140315.png (1920x1080, 635K)

This shit show has earned them over 200 additional sympathisers on their Patreon. There's no such thing as bad publicity.

Attached: 1549879435553.gif (342x239, 981K)

imagine if they took the deal and made a normal announcement
imagine if they said all previous backers will get free keys as soon as possible
imagine they weren't two retarded west coast zoomers

Attached: 1564887735786s[1].jpg (250x250, 17K)

This

> he thinks apex got big because of Yea Forums and not ninja
retard

I don't care about companies wanting their own store/launcher software. I'm just not going to willingly install the launcher that isn't even trying to hide their malware.

I'd like to believe that most people sending the devs death threats and just generally being mad don't actually care about the game, but are just in it for shits and giggles.
But some people really get their panties in a twist to ridiculous degree about games being Epic exclusive. Those people really need to fucking chill.
Dev was also acting like fucking dumbass, though. We've seen how some people react about stuff being announced as Epic exclusives, so why the fuck would you intentionally rile them up, going NAH NAH NAH WE SIGNED WITH EPIC! Like what the fuck did they expect to happen? I get why they did sign, but they really could have relayed the news better.

nigger we have that now, you act like there will be some sort of cultural revolution the moment a "gamer" shoots someone
fucking nothing would change even if that were to happen

Any supporters they gained through this are going to be gone within a month
There's no longevity in marketing games to people with a disdain for games and gamers.

The developers of cutesy Animal Crossing-Pokemon mashup Ooblets just had a weekend from hell. After trying to preempt a tidal wave of rage over their newly announced Epic Games Store exclusivity, they got hit with a swirling tsunami of foaming-at-the-mouth anger, up to and including death threats and anti-Semitic hoaxes. This is the worst overreaction to an Epic deal that’s yet been publicized. It’s also part of a larger trend that the video game industry has let run rampant for far too long.

>as a Jewish person

Attached: 1564862354294.jpg (610x421, 73K)

>I’d challenge anyone to be on the receiving end of this for a few minutes/hours/days to not come to the conclusion that a huge segment of the broader gaming community is toxic.
fucking kys, honestly, faggot just wants an excuse for his initial faggotry

Attached: crying_baby[1].jpg (800x600, 36K)

>hey guys I didn't say that thing because I'm jewish
>entire internet collectively says "oh ok sorry about that mistake bro"
why do people believe this this shit

Check out the article from Techcrunch:
techcrunch.com/2019/08/06/indie-developer-flooded-with-racist-misogynist-abuse-after-announcing-epic-partnership/

Shit like this is generally why companies tend to have dedicated PR people. The people running the company themselves tend to be fucking awful at it.

Honestly, just announcing you went there because you wanted more money would have probably caused less of an outburst.

>death threats were going too far
It's fine since it's all a joke anyway. The dev's condescending tone in their blog was supposedly a joke and they knew they would receive hate for siding with Epic anyway. Besides aren't the devs too busy laughing all the way to the bank anyway?

Oh, he's jewish? Well that changes everything. Any harassment is now okay and this proves gamers aren't retard bigots. /s

more like onionscrunch
twitter.com/adriarichards/status/313417655879102464

man i remember when this site had tech news

>We got harassed! So sad! Please now ignore all of the harassment we did beforehand!

Reminder that the devs won't care if you pirate the game because there are more serious issues in the world, like (((climate change)))

>death traits
I'm guessing you see a lot of traits in being dead. Why not take the jump?

They believe it because the video is sketchy as fuck and it's easy to manipulate it.

I understand that you may be frustrated by this but don't you think it's a better use of your time to be frustrated by climate change and human rights abuses?

they lost 100 patreon donators, then gained 100 again

there is still 1200 retards supporting them

Attached: Rebecca Cordingley .png (1166x1805, 121K)

I would pirate it but the funniest thing is that through all of this I realized the game looks like shit
It shows no improvements since it was at E3, there's no content, and the animations are some of the worst I've ever seen

fucking retard zoomer thinks this sounds cool lol

No matter what looming threats humanity might face, our primary responsibility is to be excellent to each other. If we can't even do that, maybe we should just let ourselves drown in melted ice caps.

Attached: 1548418422009.jpg (601x625, 73K)

>be excellent to each other
Fuck off Bill and/or Ted.

Calling each other niggers on a sinking ship doesn't get our feet wetter any faster, and neither does reciprocal blowjobs. Action not hot air and fart sniffing.

That's like claiming that going to a KKK meeting and saying "Boy, I sure do hate niggers" would make the people there more sympathetic to black people.

Yea Forums almost unanimously loathes the game. Making threads about it here does nothing to shill the game.

Fucc you tim
Love you tim
I wanna skin you alive tim
I wanna eat your dick tim

Attached: IMG_20190723_010136.jpg (1440x1566, 214K)

Maybe not but the behaviour of the crew might matter to whether the ship is worth saving.

This. For real.

Noone will remember this game when the year is finished. Its a fucking mobile phone tier game for fuck sake, they want to pretend it was "for support" but the game was finished when it was bought by Epic, it didnt need the money, the money is going straight into the devs pockets and they are trying to play it off as though it was for the games own good that it was bought and that its just a matter of using the Epic store.

>its just a store guys come on
Thats not the problem
>ask for donations and funding from community
>they do it
>game gets close to finished
>"actually were getting paid through the nose by a big publisher, thanks for the funding chumps! Its a big payday for us, we didnt actually need you and yet you funded for us to get paid by a major publisher! Do not talk about this as though it was just for money you fucking cunts, it was for the games own good(the game that was to come out soon wither or not it was on Epic)"
May you live forever.

Seconding this also why did he delete it?

article is wrong, he got arrested after doing it the second time at the same store the next day. he got away with it the first time.

of course no one is going to remember this tumblr tier trash. we're not talking about the game itself here though, we're arguing over the dev team's handling of all of this, thats the only interesting part

I'll still buy it because it looks cute
Cope, gamers

I can't get over
>Yea Forums avatars
makes me crack up everytime

thanks faggot, everyone will clap the moment you do

i still don't even know what the game is about

>There's no such thing as bad publicity.
stop spreading misinformation you underaged redditor

It’s almost too funny how well his actions stereotype to perfection.

collecting gay pokemon with tumblr noses

And thats what sad to me.
>grow up playing games
>learn to make games
>actually make game in adult life with a team of people
>some errant dev on your team acts like a fucking retard and tarnishes the games reputation, if ever it had one
>your cute little game that was only meant to be a small personal project is now the subject of hate, not because of the game itself, but because of peripheral events, it is now a talking point for entitled consumer VS negligent producer

>remember Ooblets?
>oh yea, the game where hte devs sold out and starting talking shit to customers? Is that the one?
>I think so, there seems to be alot of those around lately.
>how was the game?
>no idea, the only reason I know about this tiny little game that shouldnt have been a dot on most peoples radar is because of the negative controversy around it, not because of the game itself
If you are going to make an indie game just keep it small, noone is making the next WoW as an indie developer.

Imagine getting paid millions to make video games with a cute gamer girl gf like this? Living the dream

Attached: th.jpg (474x657, 36K)

unironically agree

>millions
They got a couple of years worth of mortgage repayments at best, and burnt every bridge they had to make more or do it again.

nah, you are just a pathetic cuckold
>millions
kek

he said it was because people were harassing the devs

i'm pretty sure she fucks him and not the other way around

>cute

He's not wrong.

>generic artstyle indie game that rips off popular game
>would have gone unnoticed otherwise
>coincidently loads of controversy happens related to their game
gee i wonder if all of this wasnt planned from the beggining, they knew signing on with Epic would create controversy but that condencending tone they had about it really solidifies it
you all got played

Attached: 4dchesss.jpg (591x555, 61K)

Apparantly, not just a screenshot.

Attached: 1565030181212.webm (1280x720, 2.49M)

Well said.

Agreed

Have sex.

Remember to post this on their twitter. What a fucking spastic

Now I don't feel bad about pirating and seeding this game

This is the target of your bullying, entitled gamers. An innocent woman who clearly couldn't even afford toothpaste, makeup or haircuts without Epic's funding.

I'll just let that sink in.

That's pretty much what everyone's saying. There's no need to be "quirky" when you're making an announcement about the future of your game and your company, and it's very hard to understand why these devs not only didn't understand that, but decided to double down so the way into assholishness.

This shite will sell a million copies wont it. They will also do a kikestarter for their next game and never release it.

>I honestly think the devs derserved it.
Of course they did. I read the post, and it's everything it shouldn't be if you're trying to break bad news to your potential fanbase. It's a completely self-induced train wreck

Like I have no pony in this race but are you trying to say that video of Discord chat can't be faked? Next, you're going to tell me they actually hired Optimus Prime for the Transformers movies.

>MUH STEAM
Pcbros are obnoxious.

No its not, the problem in question is literally a glasses wearing, curly haired, poorly growing beard, earing wearing man with a receeding hairline. Like, what the fuck is it with looking like this and being a cunt, its like SJWS have to LOOK like SJWs, what the fuck is up with that. Why do these devs always look like Phil Fish.

Cope

Noones buyin’ we pirate here. Egs is only for fortnite and thats pretty much it

amonitoring.ru/article/steamclient-0day/

OH NO NO NO NO STEAM DRONES

Exactly my thoughts, there would still be rage sure, but so much could be avoided.

EGS isn't available in all countries or something like that, which fucked a few backers.

Also suddenly changing what platform you release on at the last second is really lame and something that Epic has caused devs to do constantly.

Up until now I was just watching the shitstorm without any investment. Now I hope the game fails. Fuck that guy

Attached: 1562557429487.png (1200x1261, 1.31M)

it looks terrible, has a shitty name and in all this fucking controversy i still don't even know what the game is about

>"[GAME] will be releasing exclusively on the Epic Games Store"
>proceed to not click article cause its not interesting nor controversial in any way
>24 hours later
>"Gamers are FUCKING PISSED about [GAME] on Epic Games Store and are DECLARING JIHAD AGAINST THE BLASPHERS; NO MERCY FOR THE DAMNED!"

The everliving fuck is wrong with people?

Why are you mad?

Why?

Attached: 1561266053385.gif (378x440, 207K)

they could have just said they need the money and moved on
but they had to be sassy

Attached: flossing-good.webm (1148x754, 1.91M)

Why are indie devs such cunts?

Read this:

Devs did a money grab and are actively arguing with consumers and even backers.

>actually interacting with your customers live on discord
Yikes

I don't give a shit I just want to pirate it.

Only buyfags care about this cuck shit.

Attached: 1451250063823.jpg (651x462, 40K)

pc is better than any console haha
cope
seethe

>letting some male ally looking pencil neck do it who actively tells people to not buy the game
This trend of "Im too big to fail, so I dont NEED to have my customers feel welcomed" is something that is happening more and more and Im always glad to see it backfiring. Oh boy is it entertaining.
Watch articles come out in future where he blames Trump or something for all this, and that gamers are all the problem and that he did nothing wrong.

It's not about steam it's about on another note having someone go over discord "wow sellout I hope you kill yourself lmao" isn't really a death threat unless you're a whiny cut.

I imagine if you got caught saying some awful shit in Discord the natural reaction would be to scream fake at everything yeah.

exactly there would still be some "sellout" rage and a few people asking for a refund because they don't want EGS but for the most part it would be nothing.

Didn't work for other Epic games.

Devs gleefully kicked the hornets and cried about how they got stung. Unhinged retards taking it to the extreme is a reality of today's online landscape, and their blog post basically dared them to get angry.

I say this lack of PR helps us understand who the people behind the games really are and it we really should support them. I wouldn't want these two to have any real influence in the industry going forward and thanks to this folly, many others feel the same now that the mask has been lifted.

>le contrarians are le bad!

haha, yes, fuck drumph!! Let's go post that epic roast on /r/funny because you totally le trolled them, epic style!

>get patreon bucks
>announce you're going to be epic exclusive
>say your patrons can get fucked and they aren't entitled to the game they helped pay you to make
>write a long blog post passively aggressively shitting on anyone who doesn't like your decision, talking to them like children, dismissing or playing down their concerns, and basically tell them to fuck off if they don't like it
>be surprised when this pisses a bunch of people off, not just your fans but also people who have a distaste for epic and those people who are sick of seeing this particular brand of hostility from devs
>make another blog post about it trying to twist the narrative so that you're an angel that did nothing wrong and everyone else is a big meanie for calling you names
They absolutely deserve every bit of hate they get.

I hate when people who post wojacks are correct. This game is the epitome of people with no creativity or passion emulating "whimsy."

people aren't mad about it being on EGS per say, they are mad about the devs being entitled bitches about it by saying that all backers who backed the game from countries with currency that EGS doesn't support (and there a LOT of those backers for some reason). Should just suck it up and not be entitled as they don't owe them a game.

why he delete his video?

Attached: 2a0BBTH.jpg (900x1200, 118K)

This is it chief

PERPLAAAAMPS

HAHA

PERPLAAAAAAAAAAAAAMPS

HEHEHEHEEHEHEEEEEEE

PERPLAAAAAAAAAAAAAMPS OERPLAAAAAAAAMPS

HHEHEHAHAHAAAAAAA

PER

PLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMPS

PERPLAAAAMPS

HAHA

PERPLAAAAAAAAAAAAAMPS

HEHEHEHEEHEHEEEEEEE

PERPLAAAAAAAAAAAAAMPS OERPLAAAAAAAAMPS

HHEHEHAHAHAAAAAAA

PER

PLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMPS

>Interest in this game has gone up 5000% according to google statistics
>Patreon donors they lost are immediately replaced with new ones
>Devs acting like the victim and posting screenshots of (you) retards saying they should get mauled by packs of niggers for sympathy. And it works when trying to appeal to normalfags
Dont you just looooove outrage culture?

Attached: file.png (1200x800, 1.36M)

well the devs knew they were going to be hated for taking Epic money anyway so they thought why not be an asshole about it too?

Some really stupid people were using it verbatim to harass the devs. There is a difference between harassment and voicing complaints or being upset with someone. HE would be held responsible for anything that was happening to them as though he was the pioneer of it all.

>donating $10+ per month for many months doesn't entitle you to the game
what?

While they were condescending I think lots of people are actually angry about it being Epic exclusive which is stupid. I get being upset but the death threats and heavy pestering towards them is a bit much.

Its not about not wanting to buy a game just because its on another store but about not wanting to support really anti consumer and really scummy business practices.
If you buy and support something on Epic then you're part of the problem and what happens in the future might be even worst.

And then you woke up.

You do know the epic deal means they literally DONT have to have anyone buy the game in order for them to make bank right? Literally ever sale from now on is pure money on their end and threads like this rake in people of all kinds, even those who will buy shit like this on a whim regardless of the situation.

>Free advertising doesn't mean it will get anyone to buy the game, user. If anything it's going to get an opposite reaction.
Retard, people will buy shit if shitholes like here openly shit on it.
Same shit that happened with multiple other releases and the anita sarkeesian thing.

Attached: 1563684752648.jpg (1280x720, 303K)

He did? Shame, I thought it was on point.

As if that would change by deleting it. It's probably been reuploaded dozen of times already

This. Being scum developers seem to be a theme behind most of these EGS buyouts

People were funding the game before Epic, now that its epic exclusive Epic does not support all currencies, those that arent supported cannot buy the game. There seems to be a fair amount of people that funded the game and cannot even buy the game now because it is Epic exclusive

Consider that if this was Epic exclusive the whole time these people would not have funded the game, because they simply wouldnt be able to play it. Epic bought the game at hte last minute(as usual), meaning that the money is already spent making the game and the money from Epic was just cash in the devs pockets.

Attached: k.png (384x171, 29K)

Devs: Please support us to make our game, we'll release it on steam.

Community: Ok

Devs: Ok thank you.

Community: But you REALLY release it on Steam, promised?

Devs: I swear to god we'll release it on Steam.

*fast forward*

Devs: HEY FAGGOTS GUESS WHAT, FUCK STEAM. WE GOT MONEY FROM EPIC AND WE DON'T NEED YOU ANY MORE. EVERYONE WHO WILL COMPLAIN CAN GO FUCK THEMSELVES HAHAHAH FUCKING RETARDS.

Mhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh why are people pissed?

I think they deserved criticism for being dick heads. They should have kept it simple and just explained they needed the money. No reason to be vitriolic. This spiraled way out of control though. That could have been toned down.

>thoughts
It's not my genre of game so I don't care but from what I know the devs handled things extremely poorly.

I don't even know if I believe Malaysia man is bullshit or not, but that utter lack of empathy and unwillingness to even apologize for inconveniencing people is disgusting.

Accurate desu

Unless they're releasing this shit next week, no passerby will remember any of this

>Retard, people will buy shit if shitholes like here openly shit on it.
I'm sure they will. Such people are not represented in any significant number.

Will Jooblets go down as one of the great dev disasters of 2019? I know it's no Fallout 76 but I can appreciate that the Indie scene is staying competitive with the big boys.

I don't get the outrage. It's a win-win situation. If they're successful I'll get a free game from Tim "He's based because he's Santa Claus" Sweeney. If they fail, I'm havin' a giggle.

The outrage is at the dev being a whiny cunt.

You live in an age where people define themselves over what they purchase over personal achievements and I've given you an actual example of outcry encouraging support like that.
You're wrong and you're an idiot.

Attached: 1557267444017.png (345x348, 252K)

The thing is, they didnt need the money. The game was finished when Epic bought exclusivity. It was purely for money in their pockets, they cant talk around it, they can however adopt the "well we got fucking paid bitches, I dont care if Im nice to you anymore, I got the money"

Why should I care. It's his blood that's boiling in rage. I'm having fun watching the shitshow.

Yeah totally. I'm just saying we wouldn't even be talking about this if they just quietly took the deal said their piece and that was the end of it. It's the absolute tone deaf attitude they took as well as Tim Sweeney boosting their message that started this mess.

>DoubleFine was pushing this two years ago.
>Stopped pushing it when the game made no progress and they realized it was two rich people paying a programmer to make it instead of two people making a passion project.

None of that is due to threads on Yea Forums though, you simpleton.

i can tell the political opinions from looking at the artstyle.

I can feel the rumblings of a gamer gate 2 in the works because of this. Pretty exciting because I wasn't privy to the first one.

Which currency does it not take? If this is in reference to the Malaysian post Epic store does take it, this is just people grasping at straws and like I said a personal distaste towards Epic more so than the devs attitude.

Attached: 1242353453535.png (602x289, 34K)

Inoffensive timidity as an all encompassing artistic vision concerns me.

I'm disappointed but at least we're creating a clear division of markets. Eventually they will fizzle out, just look at the devs behind Gone Home, I bet you can't name their most recent game without looking it up.

The devs themselves almost certainly made the fake.
It is an age old tactic.

It makes me sad that such a charming game has garnered so much fucking anger. Over some storefront shit. It's like imagine if you were the dev and what you worked on, this nice little game with charming graphics, was ignored and treated with absolute hate by randomers mad about a storefront. I'd feel bewildered and spited to be honest with you

>tumblr noses

He got overconfident, would have been a legend if he did that in over a dozen different stores in the span of a week.

>charming
It's soulless and cynical. DoubleFine dropped it for being so bland.

youtube.com/watch?v=dbN5aDQDRH4&feature=youtu.be&t=742

>"dude we can sign with Epic for loads of money"
>"yeah but the internet will hate us though"
>"i know"
>do it anyway
>"WTF WE DIDN'T ANTICIPATE THIS, I FEEL BEWILDERED AND SPITED"
They knew what the fallout would be like, they just can't deal with it. Not that they have to anyway.

bullshit

Got a link?

If you had read it you would know that there were no backers, only patrons.

>the anita sarkeesian thing.
Wasn't Anita just recently begging EA for funding on twitter because they're struggling?

That makes no difference. Patreon is just a platform for recurring funding that is "technically" donations but is used in the same way as, and carries the same expectations as, crowdfunding platforms like Kickstarter.

No one on Patreon was getting the game for donating. They were helping fund it, but they still had to buy it themselves when it came out.

Gamer gate 2 will never be a thing. The first Gamer Gate started because of "journalists" were abusing their power to promote their friends games and condemn anyone who had a dissenting opinion. Fast forward to present time and all the relevance that these journalists had are completely gone, dev teams that were promoted by them have flopped hard with all their future works.

Gamers have one, the media promotions of the early 2010's have been overshadowed by good old fashion word of mouth spread by players. That's why the new attacks are focused on the forums and ability to communicate to each other, that's why Epic doesn't allow the most basic features that Steam has.

They were still supporting the creation of the game, which should warrant a modicum of respect from the devs.

They made another game?

You are a very surface level individual my friend.

>behind the cute internet twee and pastel colors is a painfully cynical product
I know I'm naive and probably more than a little autistic, but it's still startling to get a look at the people behind the mask. The devs are the very model of babytalking Twitter sweeties gushing about "doggos" or whatever the fuck, and while that sort of behavior is absolutely twee and obnoxious, it's inoffensive. And then the mask slips and it turns out they're ugly, bitter, venomous people, probably even more so than the poster who will probably reply just to call me a faggot. At least that guy probably isn't deluded enough to believe that he's a nice person.

have intercourse

Businesses, these devs included, only care about their customers as much as they need to squeeze money out of them. This Epic deal shows as much. They were nice and respectful and all that jazz while they still needed the funding. Then Epic swoops in, gets rid of all their financial issues for developing the game, and they IMMEDIATELY start completely shitting all over the fanbase("conveniently" waiting until AFTER the Patreon charges went through for the month). They didn't get arrogant or let the money go to their head, they just dropped the act.

Why would this guy waste time on this shit. Doesn't he have anything better to do.

The devs are based as fuck and gamers reacted like manchildren.

I'm thankful the devs never apologized, that would have made them serious cucks in my eyes.

>Basically angry dev self-destructed after trying to act coy about Epic snatching their game and in general have terrible damage control.
Why does that happen so often? It shouldn't be so hard to find a single guy who isn't a self-absorbed sociopath to be your community manager and handle stuff like this without it blowing up

Why would it entitle you to the game?
Those Patreon tiers didn't make any mention of "you get a copy of the game as a thanks".

Yes, they were spending way more than they were making and as most of what they were making was in the form of one-off grants and not actual profit they are completely out of money.

How can the devs not hold such a disgusting group of people in contempt?

because hes a jew promoting genocide rarther than a nazi

I found out about it recently myself, it apparently had a huge budget too yet it flopped harder than anyone could have imagined.

I find it hilarious how Gone Home was once a game being talked about in classes but now time has made a fool of them.

just got banned from their discord for speaking the truth - that noone cares about this game

how will i recover

he writes like a typical jew
they hate anyone who isnt jewish and think they are cattle to serve them

Why are you and so many others still pretending this is solely about their choice to go with Epic and not their extremely shitty behavior towards their customers?

Nah. People were going to shit on them either way. So they thought the based decision and flossed on those retards.

The devs lost nothing by doing this, the only thing they gained was death threats.

Because it gets them back to ground they're comfortable arguing from, where they can whine about ~*entitlement.*~

Oh man this makes me pretty mad, mostly because it's all true. I mean I know businesses only care about my money but come the fuck on. Being this blatant about it is really a slap in the face.

This, and that epic buy out games exclusively to try and push their sub par launcher. If I buy the game through epic, sure, I support the devs, but I also support epic, I'm just giving them more cash to continue this practice. It's a strong-arming business strategy that I don't agree with. Make your shit better and competitive to give people a positive reason to use your product.

Oh, and I won't pirate the game, I just won't play it. Release it on any other store and if it's something I'm interested in I'll probably buy it. But I won't support epic and their anti-consumer business practices.

They are not "their customers". Their blogpost especifically targeted manchildren who boycott Epic.

They decided to skip shooting themselves in the foot and just went straight for the stick of dynamite instead

why would I even pirate this, it looks like trash, I dont want to play the game and I cant even make them lose any money from me pirating so why even bother

they lost my sell and a friends i knew about this game for years and was really hoping the best for it
but now i have to pirate or just not play lmao

The devs did nothing wrong, but their personalities are so toxic, that they became a reverse advertisement for the Epic store

Lost interest after e3 post videos showed battles were removed. Fuck this game.

Did they lose it because of the blogpost, or because they said they were signing with Epic?

All while laughing their way to the bank, because they've already made all the cash they wanted. When Epic said gamers weren't the target audience, this is what they meant.

Controversy is great for an upfront short burst of sales and attention. But it tends to die down quickly once the next controversy pops up and then no one gives a shit unless there's something there beyond the controversy to keep people's attention.

See also: Hatred. The controversy got so much damn attention on that game, then not even a month later pretty everyone completely forgot it existed.

Yes their customers and even their patreon backers, regardless of who they intended to target it is still shitty behavior that they are rightly getting backlash for.

Isn’t the point of independent development to fuck with your audience? if you don’t do that, then why not get a publisher?

They just moved to Seattle and neither of them have daytime jobs, I highly doubt they have enough to retire on and if Epic don't see a positive return on them do you think they'll be bankrolling their lifestyle for their next game?

AVAST YE, PORKY

Gas chambers are a lie anyway.

Attached: FaceApp_1537073421569.jpg (1280x720, 326K)

blog post and that discord shit where they shat on a person that was from a different country that could not even buy the game because epic does not support there cash

Nobody knows what you're talking about, and nobody cares, try reading a book you retarded faggot

She's the dev, artist, and composer of the game. He's a talentless shitstirring leech. It's no wonder she looks like that, he probably keeps her like that to keep her dependent and suck more money out of her.

>next game
Not a chance as people will always remember these faggots but it's confirmed that Epic pays out millions of dollars to developers who take this deal so they just have to "finish" this game, live the NEET life for a decade, then try to find a real job when they are 40 years old without any experience.

Tried to find one, but no luck. Seems he made the original private. In short, he criticized them for coming off defensive and arrogant

gamers:
game journalists: LMAO LOOK HOW MAD YOU GUYS ARE TOTALLY SEETHING ABOUT THIS GAME

Journalists are a PR department for Developers and publishers, literally paid shills, its an advertising technique nobody actually cares

The point of independent development is to have greater control over your project: no deadlines or creative interference from publishers.
It's also not really that easy to get a publisher when you're a nobody with an empty portfolio.

> /s
go back

The devs will get a truck load of money now, they playing stupid and pulling the victim card, these threads are most likly made by the devs themselves

Attached: EAqiHjiU0AAV2pN.png (720x501, 295K)

>mfw this drama and the dev's shitty attitudes will forever follow them whether they're making games or not
kek

>HE would be held responsible for anything that was happening to them as though he was the pioneer of it all.
Only leftists think like that

I don't care about the drama or anything, I just want to see this game fail because it is catered towards women.

Exactly user, exactly.

She's also better at PR than him. She couldn't stop him from posting that dumb fucking update, but from her comment about it "hopefully" not being too inflammatory, it's clear she saw what was coming down the mountain. Never mind all of the fires she's been trying to put out in the Discord while that balding retard she's attached to continues throwing gasoline about.

Based

>people are starting with the false flagging so they have screencaps to use when the inevitable article comes up that "gamers" are all entitled misogynist little boys who support Trump

You will then complain that these people are given more and more power as they actually have examples to present. Clown World.

Attached: t.jpg (884x735, 50K)

Damn, we need to remember saving these vids when it's covering a controversial subject. I still have a video saved about Etika where It'sAGundam was writing off his talks of suicide right before Etika actually did it. He deleted the video soon after but I'll make sure it never goes away ;^)

>It says here on your resume that you worked as the development manager of Ooblets?
>Yes sir! It was a very successful game, we made quite a profit on it (all thanks to Epics upfront payment, no one actually bought the game)
>Can you explain this announcement that you wrote up? I heard there was a lot of controversy during this time about your game...
>Ah... well... you see... Gamers are entitled and I don't like gamers so I had the obligation as a game developer to put everyone in their places for the better of the world!
>If you don't like gamers why are you making video games?
>Because it makes good money. Who cares about how good the game is, or how the market is affected. If I'm making money, then mission success! Who cares about a sequel
>Thank you for your time. Don't call me, we'll call you.

Girls were right all along with what they say about nice guys, only thing they were wrong about is that its not exclusive to men, women are exactly the same

Anybody who goes out of their way to tell you or try and convince you they are a good person tends to be an even bigger asshole than someone who just admits they're kind of a cunt

Attached: 1556684425223.jpg (1366x2048, 303K)

They are making more money thanks to the free advertising than they ever would have lost from a boycott.

Attached: 1561910188751.jpg (512x564, 41K)

>Sell out
>Tell gamers to deal with it
>Offer nothing in the way of remorse
>Gamers dislike this
>Lash out at gamers for being upset at you
>Deflect all blame and double down on telling people to deal with it
We get it, you like money and have contempt for gamers. Great. Good for you.
I hate gamers too.

>shitty fornite dance cancer
their game deserved to crash
ooblets looks like trash

game looks trash i'm only interested in the shitshow.
funny to see these retards fling a bunch of shit and then cry victim like little bitches when they get it flung back at them. hipsters seem to think they're the only ones who get internet shit talk.
these people who have this pretentious "I fucking hate gamers, the damn toxic piss babies" mentality shouldn't be in this industry anyway lol what the fuck is wrong with them?

OY VEY! SHUT IT DOWN!

Attached: Pure Coincidence.jpg (620x1429, 137K)

It's petty of me, but I honestly hope she divorces him over this
It's the only comeuppance he can feasibly get at this point, and she seems like an all-around better person than him anyway

pretty well said I give it 8 hipster glasses out of 10.

giphy.com/gifs/l378pOk4vgb6ehMc0
the game just has S.0y dripping off it. it's the most tumblr thing I've ever seen. just one look and everything about it tells you it's trash.

>Crash

user, they've already made a fortune and it's not even selling yet.

Do you know that he is almost like us? No gf despite he is a filthy rich.

Art imitates life after all

Attached: 1534760774424.png (440x522, 103K)

Holy Shit!! This almost makes having there existence tolerable.

how is that almost like us? i'm poor as dirt but I garentee i'd have a gf if i was rich.

Can I read the original blog post somewhere? Also, what's the game about? Just a pokemon clone?

You notice that he spend too much time on twitter, reddit, and so.

Malaysia currency does work in Epic store but the problem lies in regional pricing which it does not have, Coversion right now is crap for malaysia and the citizens might have to pay extra just to buy a game on Epic unlike steam.
Even with regional pricing, epic still doesn't cover the transaction cost unlike steam does which again will cost people extra money.
I'd would know since i'm malaysian too and i pirated games like a motherfucker back then but of course because of steam that stop almost completely.... Until epic games of course.

All that Chinese money and they can't properly animate a two cycle dance.

What do you even do in this game
all ive seen are 2 cringe dance gifs
Is that all this game is about, dancing while looking like a tumblr cartoon?

And that is exactly why they are getting all this backlash and, more importantly, deserve it too.

It's apparently a farming sim but you wouldn't know that from the absolute shit marketing.

I never even heard of this game before this shitshow.

This. I can't stand types like that and I was looking forward to it but I'm not using Epic and I have no interest in doing so.

Attached: bingo.png (633x341, 365K)

Or maybe you know people are sick of working extra hard for one or two years while living on donations instead of 50k salary job with bonus and paid software license just to make a game that please few gaymers that aren't sucking it to the new big twitch trend. A lot of them realise halfway sometimes that they are wasting their lifes with those projects.

Attached: kek.gif (500x360, 450K)

Big fucking deal I've been working on my game for 3 years of the back of the money I made working in a cake shop.

Entitled people talking shit about entitled gamers. Pottery.

>i does it even for free because i love video games
This is exactly what is killing this industry.
Game dev are seen as some form slave that work for passion and some magic fandom points meanwhile the executives and investors make sure to get the maximum profit with microtransaction.
You don't see movie actors working for free or low salary no matter how their love their role right?
Did you ever see a singer making concert for free or low cost just because he love his job?

It's not like taking Epic's laundered money is any problem. No one genuinely cares about that. Wanting a security blanket as a game developer is even understandable. Particularly for indies. Publishers are assholes that will just steal your money and there's no assurance people will buy a product just cause you made it.

People may get mad but they'll get over it.

What these devs did is no better than what a common conman does to steal money.
>Oh sorry, you already paid us but we decided you don't get the game cause it's only on this platform. What do you mean REFUND? Get out!
It's just common theft at that point. Then they mock you for being stupid enough to get stolen from. No shit people aren't going to ignore it.

Attached: j8srkbca.jpg (380x380, 26K)

Heres something the likes of you and a fair amount of indie devs dont understand. You are not going to make the next World Of Warcraft as an indie dev, it just wont happen, keep your scope small and achievable, you are not important, your game is not important, as an indie dev expect your game to actually be liked by under 100 people, you are not making the next tent pole title that will be a household name, you are making a fucking indie game, keep your reach within reason.

The indie game Kenshi is an example of actual life altering amounts of work put into an indie game, is it a househild name? No. Is it even liked by general audiences? No. Did they start grand standing about how it took nearly 10 years of constant work to make and so people need to take it easy on them? No. Does it matter that it took that long for the final product? NOPE, NOT AT ALL, if you knew none of this stuff how does the actual game fare on its own, how is the actual game, it doesnt matter if you took fucking 5 years to make a single feature and get it perfect, if the result is that the game mearly works noone fucking cares, OOblets is a fucking indie game through and through, it is not a special product that should be praised because the devs worked hard to make what amounts to pokemon for tumblr. What the fuck is this participation medal bullshit, get back in the booth, take a ritalin and try again, unless, of course, you never liked videogames and it was all really for the money and fame.

>It's not like taking Epic's laundered money is any problem. No one genuinely cares about that.
Wrong. It is a problem and I genuinely do care about Epic buying exclusivity and bring shitty consolewars to PC. However you're right in that not being the reason why this blew up so much, since plenty of other devs have done that.

The op I was replying to said that they were unable to buy the games not that regional pricing wasn't implemented yet.

Some countries actually can't buy it, like south africa.

Because the money was directly used to fund the creation of the game. Only a greedy prick would split hairs and say that doesn't mean you bought the game.

I'm just enjoying the shitshow.
Something tells me they did this for free attention. Any negative repercussion is Tim's problem anyways, since shit's already been bought and paid for.

>Devs had a legit reason to take the epic exclusivity deal
they did this after collecting patreon money from thousands of people while telling them the game would be available on steam

they essentially stole a lot of money from the people who supported them, made a retarded decision to take a lump sum of cash instead of actually selling the game and doomed both of their careers in video games for some short term $$$

I don't know about this studio in particular. But i get why indie devs are always angry and jump of sponsoring/investement offers like crazy.
> under 100 people
Do you know how much it cost to have 10 person in dev?
Even if you work as a slave for free , i doubt that your friends or workers would do the same.
For average that will be like 400k per year for 10 people. 30k for offices.At least 10-15 k for computers . An other 5-10K for softwares if you are going for cheap ones.
This is around 450k per year. And we didn't even count marketing nor .
You are supposed to afford this for few years until your game is out which won't be fast because few people.
Then watch your game sell like 50k copy for 20$ if it didn't flop

>Support game on Patreon when devs need money in hopes of getting backer benefits
>Devs suddenly get the money to fund their project in a deal that screws a massive amount of their backers over
>"Fuck you all, we don't owe you guys anything."
What an absolute cunt

Attached: 1540943613998.png (594x365, 170K)

A daring sneedhesis

There's something upsetting to me about trying to make a cutesie game while manufacturing controversy for publicity and attacking people for making legitimate criticisms.

Why would anyone want to buy something from such two-faced devs?

>we don't need the money, but you guys can still donate to our Patreon though.

Wow. This man *embodies* the Jew.

And now he's crying that it's everyone else who is a big meanie.
Fuck him, he deserves all the shit he's getting flung at him.

How come it's always cutesy games made by insufferable assholes?
It was the exact same shit with Phil Fish and FEZ
Absolute loose cannon asshole of a person, but the game is some of the most chilled out stuff ever.

Reminder that people like this also browse here and talk this same talk whenever anyone complains about a game, dev or director/etc. Anytime you pay money for anything, that makes you entitled to the very best. Anything less and you are required to address it. How did society forget this #1 rule in business and economics?

Attached: playboy.gif (285x254, 499K)

How is a fucking game that clearly for preschoolers generating controversy?

one of god's chosen people made it

After days of backlash they responded with the typical "but I won't apologize" apology.

What game is this even?

You know, you have to add some information to your threads. Not everybody knews every fuck game.

You can tell the guy is jewish just from his picture.

>exposure immediately means $$$
Its highest rate of exposure $$$ came from its presentation at E3, when it had a small semblance of comfy. Rage exposure is only good for news outlets to make outrage $$$ and for shitposter $$$ on Yea Forums.

Read, nigga read!

This. The presumption that devs are entitled to consumption, and that consumers are anything other than the ultimate decider's of any commercial sucess, is a grave logical error.

it's proof PCtards are no better than Console Warriors

Ditto. Those whiny bastards who always complain about not having enough money always have enough to buy water, mortgage, and all the food they need. They're just salty because they want to buy way more and can't budget for shit so fuck 'em.

Devs are learning that they have to deal with the consequences of their actions.

>most

Citation needed. Or are you going with a vague "feeling" here? Because it sure as hell sounds like you are just preaching the image of an enemy that does not exist in the way, to the extent or has the importance you are making it out to be.

>You don't see movie actors working for free or low salary no matter how their love their role right?
Indie actors work for free or peanuts all the time just to get their face out there, and many actors work in the low-paying world of plays because it's work and they aren't able to get into TV or movies yet.
>Did you ever see a singer making concert for free or low cost just because he love his job?
Good god, you don't go outside, do you? You think musicians playing at your local nightclub or bar are making big money? They are making roughly $200 a night to split between them.

People entering into "creative" fields don't make the same money established names do. No play actor will think he can demand the same salary as a well known movie star. No guitar player will think he can demand the same salary as Steve Vai. You can't expect to charge $60 for your first indie game and expect it to sell well.

>>exposure immediately means $$$
It was considering hardly anyone had even heard about this game before the epic outrage. Now they get whatever Epic paid them + free publicity and sympathy buys from game journa bootlickers who read about how the devs get death threats, etc. for taking an epic deal.

This would make sense, if the internet didn't exist. Indie devs are perfectly capable of working together over the internet, it's why shit like github is so popular. They don't need a fucking office. If your artist can't supply his own tablet to work on, look around for an artist who already has the right gear who wants in.

Indie dev is meant to be done in your spare time, in the garage or bedroom, like indie games have been made since the 80's when it was called shareware. It's thanks to shit like Patreon and Kickstarter that these "I wanna be an indie dev!" types think they can do indie dev full time without a job to fund it, because idiots will give these unproven dreamers money for the promise of a game.

>It was considering hardly anyone had even heard about this game before the epic outrage
We all heard of it, it was literally just forgotten. Unless nobody watches E3 anymore. This one might stick around longer, considering how well Egg McMuffin and Phil Fish stick out.

>Unless nobody watches E3 anymore.
I don't remember half the shit announced at E3. What an underwhelming display that was this year. They got a 1 minute plug during an Xbox panel that was already the company people least cared about. Even after this shit with Epic their trailer on youtube hasn't even broken a hundred thousand views.

you are still ignoring the people pay.
>Indie dev is meant to be done in your spare time, in the garage or bedroom
> called shareware
or shovelwares
There is no way for a rational person to become full time indie dev. And this only means that we can't complain about the shitty quality and cheap clones.

So instead of just pissing off some group of tards that were going to get pissed either way they decided to actively and aggressively piss of absolutely everyone.

>We all heard of it
not defending the devs but i literally have never heard of tumblr artstyle unity game #453235 until this shit with epic.

You probably did, but didn't care until the shitfest. The devs are probably trying to ride on this as well, which is why they intentionally made fake screens to cash in on "hate crime" controversy.

>Wojak poster
>is actually right

Attached: Continue.jpg (480x480, 20K)

>you are still ignoring the people pay.
See
Any indie dev trying to pay fresh out of college programmers with no work history $50k a year is a goddamn retard. Hell, look at all the programmers out there who can't get a job in basic software dev without a portfolio. Rather than go work on an open source project(protip, very few open source programmers actually get paid) and build their portfolio, they just keep applying and wondering why no one wants to pay them $50k a year with no experience.

even if i did (i didn't), does it really matter if the most interest i've ever had in this game stems from it being shoved in my face constantly by Yea Forums and journalists?

Attached: 1530112830110.png (572x505, 92K)

thanks for writing this. this will be usable in future threads.

Attached: it's not about ooblets.png (1814x647, 234K)

His house is on fire and all he has to douse it is kerosene.

>can literally see the artifact of someone editing this

im not saying that these devs arent garbage people but come on buddy

Attached: BwJGGz_CIAA9dTR.jpg (598x369, 21K)

Why has no one made porn of this yet? I'm sure the developers would love it

which is hilarious because despite its faggotry Tacoma is a billion times better than Gone Home, though still exclusively for gays, cucks, and masochists who play bad games just to see what all the fuss is about. I love that it flopped, Gone Home is literally student game tier and the fact that it was so widely praised was dogshit retarded

You idiots just had to get the pity turnabout by sending them death threats, huh

You can't post the truth so unironically based like that on 4channel.

I went through some comments and some of them were defending the devs? Why?

>because you wanted more money
Needed*
And make up an excuse, and there you go.

That would work, only, but only if the game were to be released, let's say, next week.

If it gets pushed to November or more... no one will remember the game. And the ones who remember won't buy it.

Attached: 1537622449271.jpg (1280x738, 179K)

The most annoying thing is they had several chances to run this back but chose to double down. It is almost impossible to be empathetic towards them.

Attached: 1565183167341.jpg (1076x2048, 346K)

so what you're saying is Yea Forums doesn't care about video games and just politics?

Her face is just average, her teeth are yellow, and her eyes are creepy.

>I hope she divorces him

In your dreams mentally illness gaymer, stay buthurt and keep opening your ass for daddy Tim because this is not his last gag

Post ooblet dance gifs, they're cute. I don't give a shit about the game anymore, but I like the artstyle.

Attached: ooblet.gif (400x302, 1.27M)

>I like the artstyle.
>>tumblr

Somebody needs to do porn of this dude's profile picture. Taking dicks from all holes. And send it to him to his social media publicly.

>buying into the hivemind this hard
Form your own opinions. I won't be buying this game since I don't support Epic, but nobody cared about it until this all came out. All of a sudden it's the worst game ever made.

>"if you'd actually like to enter into ap roductive dialogue"
>proceeds to tell people who've given hundreds of dollars to the patreon they're not entitled to the game

If anyone makes a big fuss about getting death threats that means they didn't actually get death threats. You don't publicize you're getting death threats, you go to the police or FBI. They very specifically tell you not to do what every indie game dev does.

>Whenever I’ve mentioned that we, as random people happening to be making a game, don’t owe these other random people anything, they become absolutely enraged.

They weren't random people, they were people literally funding the creation of the game lol

contemplate the smell chambers

>I like the artstyle

Literally Adventure Time tier but soulless.

Attached: 1561811692274.png (380x467, 26K)

>When the fucking wojak posters shows superior intellect

Attached: 5483903895.jpg (550x467, 57K)

I worked for people like that, it was a childrens phone game that focused on puzzles. They didn't really do any work but had the money and that's fair, however they kept pushing for a subscription model for this game when we only had like 10 puzzles ready at launch! They just can't see why that was a bad idea despite everyone else in the team explaining it to them.

Failure was the best lesson as it tuned out.

The colour scheme is relaxing and I like the stiff twitchy mocap animations. They're expressive but don't look jarringly smooth for the graphical style. Think for yourself. You're all just parroting each other.

I like how the little not-pokemon look, I can't stand how the humans look and move though. Way too fucking bouncy and just ugly overall

Sound to me like your removing thought from your head in order to stay blissfully ignorant.

>said the NPC

>I like the colors and twitchy movements
Literally just described autism

Attached: 76809502.png (1280x720, 653K)

looks like low tier tumblr garbage made by an art student in crippling debt desu

The problem is that they need to release, like, next week to month, max. It'll lose the engagement if they don't.

>this thread
>all for that janky game

"Outrage culture" is accurate.

Indies nowadays are more like "startups".

we already had one
we already forgot

Attached: Screenshot_20190807-152518_Adblock Browser.jpg (719x798, 307K)

>we take control of the means of distribution out of the hands of bourgeiose gamers, and give it to the hard working developers
>wtf why are the developers just taking the money and shitting all over the place
socialism never works

Attached: SJW Creators.jpg (718x566, 99K)

>125x70

>shittalk your potential customers
>get bad sales and publicity
WOOOOOW HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN

Attached: 1555539756915.jpg (625x583, 45K)

>while telling them the game would be available on steam
Source?

i want to floss on the dead body of their unreleased, unoriginal shovel-ware title

Attached: 1560221299768.jpg (540x720, 46K)

Who is this mattress actress?

soulles.

Attached: 1560218279023.gif (831x474, 277K)

This cant be real