Man the hori hayabusa is truly a awful arcade stick...

Man the hori hayabusa is truly a awful arcade stick, every other major brand I have tried wipes the floor with it yes even those Korean Crown sticks.
What the fuck Hori

Attached: HORI_HHS_032_HAYABUSA__16623.1437069422.1280.1280.jpg (1024x1024, 93K)

Talking about the lever specifically? Because the Hori Hayabusa buttons are trash too.

They are manageable at least HORI should have just cloned LS-40 and pretended to be retarded.

Man I feel like I've been under a rock. I remember Hori being the hottest shit on the block. Now all I hear about is Sanwa.
What happened?

Hori used to use Sanwa parts. Now they don't.

??? Sanwa's have been the standard for many for a long time with Seimitsu's being the alternative. I haven't had a chance to try the Hayabusa buttons but I have the lever on my VLX and it's fine, just looser than my JLF

Attached: 1564173003630.png (500x556, 203K)

HORI in the past only used their own parts for their cheapest sticks. Back in the day it was all Sanwa or Seimitsu recently they farted out their own line of "fancy" parts the Hayabusa line and they kind of suck. Problem is they all shove them into their gear. Really annoying to buy a brand new arcade stick and pretty much instantly be forced to throw a bunch of shit.

I like the housing and button layout but oh man the hayabusa parts are awful

Attached: 0000000.jpg (1229x525, 103K)

>Using anything other than all Sanwa parts

Attached: Games - Hardware - FightStick Q4RAF.jpg (1500x1125, 483K)

I use L32 stick and sanwa buttons

I got my first stick a few weeks ago, the RAP4. It's nice, I can do any input with it, the buttons feel like shit even though I've never used another stick before.

Anyone use the classic arcade buttons with the indents? Those are what I want.

I want to get silent Sanwa stick and buttons, anyone got experience with them?

not worth the price imo

Concave buttons. They can get uncomfortable after long sessions.
Do Sanwa buttons develop sticking/de-press issues over time like hayabusa buttons do?

>Do Sanwa buttons develop sticking/de-press issues over time like hayabusa buttons do?
lol that's a definitive no. they're no considered industry standard for nothing.

I never had a problem with the HORI lever personally. The buttons suck shit, but when I replaced the lever with a sanwa i honestly couldn't tell much of a difference. I'm mostly using a crown now though for tekken.

cool i've been waiting for a thread like this, i was thinking about getting a arcade stick to use and was looking at the quanba obsidian is it any decent?

i have a hrap kai 4 but i hate how sensitive the buttons are and my cat has been chewing on the cord also

Attached: 1549326267907.png (188x212, 67K)

I love it honestly.

It's pretty easy to replace the buttons on a RAP4, and not very expensive either.

If you like the form factor of your HRAP just replace the stick/buttons with Sanwas (a 7 year old could do it, it's extremely simple), and slap a neutrik detachable cable mod on there. The neutrik is a bit more involved so you might be better off paying someone to do it, but no real sense buying a new stick just for those small issues, unless you just really want a new one.

i'd figure i'd was just going to go on and buy a new one which is why i asked about the obsidian

Some Qanba models have lag issues. Time and time again Qanba has had this as a reoccuring issue with their sticks. I feel like I remember them releasing a firmare update in at least one case to adress the issue, though I do not know whether it was successful in that. In any case that's a very expensive stick you're looking at there that only supports 2 platforms I believe? So definitely do some research to make sure it performs all its fuctions adequately or you might end up quite disappointed.

That being said, my only sick is a Qanba and I am very satisfied with it. I do not play competetivly however.

I have a 6 year old HRAP VXSA Kai. They made those with Sanwa parts and an amazing PCB for an entry priced stick. It's a shame Hori seem to be getting pushed out of the market now. Their new sticks aren't finding many fans compared to the various other competitors around now.

To be clear, this is NOT an issue with all Qanba models but SOME. They are absolutely capable of producing a good stick. Back in the day I read some people claiming their Qanba's PCBs just flat out died. Mine's going strong and I use it often.

Some of the later Razer sticks were pretty well received iirc. And they're made with modability in mind too? Not 100% sure on that.

qanba obsidian good

天安門廣場
天安门广场
六四事件
六四

fuck you roundeye

qanba + sanwa = we kill hori

Man those translucent Qanbas are nice. Shame they aren't made anymore.
Honestly I'm pretty disappointed with modern stick designs in general, most of them are pretty boring and/or have ugly button placement like the newer crystal colored q4raf.

I'm surprised Razer sticks ever caught on with their price tags and all the high profile fuck ups with their sticks at majors.

Highly targeted question here that I'm most likely not going to get the answer to, but I had to desolder several decoupler diodes on my TES+ because madcatz is a piece of shit that deserved to go out of business, is this ever going to cause me issues? I've been paranoid that it would somehow mess up my combos occasionally or cause polnareff or chun's legs to come out from one button press and I'd never be able to tell if it's my execution or the stick

just go into the training room and capture your inputs for a while

I don't trust new fighting games to not have systems in place similar to decouplers to condense multiple inputs in the span of a couple ms to one input, but I also don't trust older fighting games like HFTF to have them in either. Also don't trust training mode lua scripts to properly record those inputs since they already display weird things in certain circumstances.

Isn't there like a thing on windows where you can test and see your inputs? I remember doing that with my dualshock controller

Attached: Screenshot_6.png (389x449, 12K)

(I wanted to mention my b)

Would be great if it had a log of what buttons were pressed recently, but no way I'm going to be able to tell if I'm getting repeated

I still use this should I even bother with a new one?

Attached: 00000000.jpg (1600x900, 88K)

same here and i would also like an answer, feels like the my inputs are slightly off with sfv

Is the razer panther any good?

Why would you need a new one? They have really long durability and if any part is damaged just buy the part.

yeah if you don't replace the lever and the buttons on Hori sticks with some Sanwas you're gonna have a bad time

I dislike the housings ergonomics not joking.

hori may have used sanwa in most of their sticks though, and earlier their own manufactured parts for the cheaper models- all the way back to the 90s

in arcades it all depended on the publisher of the game and cabinet series and whether it was from neo-geo, konami, sega, capcom, even specific games and sequels used different sticks from both seimitsu and sanwa
infact sf3 third strike arcades are all with seimitsu levers regardless of cabinet

theres a lot of info on the differences between specific sticks and what theyre best for but most of it is incorrect even from people having used them and their reasoning on why they function the way they do is wrong
you'll have to REALLY research the subject and probably buy multiple to understand why what works best
even people in the community that have a status of being knowledgeable don't know shit and spread misinformation

this is true but its not exactly like you have some place where you can try out the entirety of Sanwa,Seimitsu etc array of arcade sticks & buttons

I have Hori Rap 4 Kai, hayabusa lever with kuro bottons (NOT hayabusa buttons). Are these parts bad?

>hori may have used sanwa in most of their sticks though, and earlier their own manufactured parts for the cheaper models- all the way back to the 90s
Sadly, Hori has been exclusively using their own Hayabusa parts for all their latest sticks and the construction quality is far from the Sanwa/Seimitsu standard. It's no wonder they haven't sponsored any FGC tourneys in a while.

>Show me your people /pol/
????

-

I've been using a hori RAPV (optical) for 5 years and it works fine imo