What is the most replayable game ever, and why is it dwarf fortress?

What is the most replayable game ever, and why is it dwarf fortress?

Attached: download.png (216x144, 9K)

it's essentially a fortress simulator, making it insanely open ended and ensuring that no two playthroughs are one in the same.

it's essentially a dwarf simulator, making it insanely open ended and ensuring that no two playthroughs are one in the same.

I'm a filthy casual, tell me what graphic packs to install to make this game playable for my stunted brain. Also any starting guides?

I just use default

it's essentially a simulator simulator, making it insanely open ended and ensuring that no through twotrhoughs are one in the same.

Simulator simulator simulator simulator, simulator simulator simulator simulator simulator simulator simulator simulator simulator simulator simulator simulator simulator simulator simulator simulator

Just use the lazy newb pack and be done with it. Don't listen to purists who at against anything that makes it harder for less spergy people to play

The Binding of Isaac begs to differ.

Thank you, based user

Df is too easy

TRANNIES GET OUT

Tetris

The Binding of Isaac is a gay ass idiot retard game.

If losing is fun then winning is boring. Needless to say your not really supposed to just wall yourself in a tiny fort with a still and plump helmet farm forever. You can but its not the point.

default is most aesthetic and playing any other way just feels wrong

This game isn’t that replayable
Eventually it get samey unless you are going out of your way to not be efficient for it
Otherwise you just make the same commie blocks over and over
You farm some mushroom make some wine dig some hope make some forge dig more holes found big cave doe to forgotten beast train more Lords kill some goblins kill some elves dig more holes flood your fort cause malfunction reservoir die to werebeast etc...
I even use different mods from /dfg/ modanon to keep it fresh but even that doesn’t last forever
Bless that guy tho he shits out mod after mods

I can't into ASCII

It's actually not ASCII

>Bless that guy tho he shits out mod after mods
seriously
he's truly an inspiration

none, if you can't get into ascii you probably can't get into it with tiles either. not that it's hard to get into anyways, just takes a tiny bit of learning, which is apparently too much for people nowadays.

Is there a mode where I can make a fort that's not with dwarves?

caves of qud

this. there's something about the ascii-style graphics that feels so comfy

What are you still doing here then?

Yes but it still play mostly the same
There is that weeb mod where you play as some weeb samurai Human

DF is hardly a deep game. Once you've played through at least one major fortress there's basically nothing else to see. It's more of an autistic greentext simulator than a game.

It's close enough

>unless you are going out of your way to not be efficient for it
I see that you missed DF's point. You are supposed to be doing that, user.

You underestimate my power

You can learn how to play Dwarf Fortress in one hour.
Try to learn Aurora4X.

I have never provided alcohol for my dwarves except for when I was learning the game off guides. I just give them well water and everything works fine

Minecraft does it better; is actually a game

Uhhh. You do know they move slower and fight worse if you do that right? Ive run out of alcohol before due to a mistake and I wanted to kill myself. Like seriously if you have a dry fort running right now I want you to pay attention to the speed of your dwarves then buy a truck load of liqueur and watch what happens.

I’ve played nethack so I don’t mind the ascii, I just can’t get around the fact that you need some kind of NASA supercomputer to properly run an ascii game.

too bad there is nothing to do after like 10 hours in meinkampf

I only lose around a quarter to half of my military during elf and gobbo attacks so I'm fine with their current combat abilities.

I learned Aurora4X in an afternoon. Its difficulty curve is as hot a meme as DF's. Only difference is where DF is ASCII, A4X is spreadsheets. Just download the tutorial pdf from the forum and work through it, just like playing DF with the wiki open.

Attached: 1515411816901.png (400x400, 88K)

but in practice they are actually all the same, more or less, unless you are super creative. As for me I always dig in basically the same pattern, use the same military methods, same entrance. Whether the megabeast spits fire or acid is basically all that changes.