How is this not the best Zelda game when from every objective angle it is?

How is this not the best Zelda game when from every objective angle it is?

Attached: windwaker.jpg (1024x768, 160K)

Because there're other better Zelda games

Attached: 1351487170531.jpg (1200x2979, 1.17M)

>bad dungeons
>few dungeons
>much padding
no wind waker is pretty poor tbqh

Mostly boring dungeons.

Even SS has better dungeons

>says it's the best zelda game
>doesn't put his own arguement as to why it is

Until Breath of the Wild I'd have said it had the best combat, I'd still say it's quite good, aesthetically it's my favorite (the original, I don't care for the bloom lighting of the remaster.)

I love the sailing, everyone complained at the time that it was monotonous but I found it a calming interlude between the larger set pieces, as well as giving the game feeling of scale and adventure that really leant into the swashbuckling on the sea theme that the game uses. It really is fantastic, top to bottom, the only thing I would change is adding an orchestral soundtrack over the midi score (though with how dynamic and quick to change it is it makes sense they went that route.)

It's my favorite but there's no way it's objectively the best. Content is pretty thin, and some dungeons feel incomplete.

I hope we get a finished mainline game in the same style one day.

I came here to post what this guy summed up. Out of all the Zelda games, I still have the fondest memories of WW. Then again, I liked Super Mario Sunshine a lot more than a lot of people on this board seem to. Don't really get where any of the hate comes from (I hear cut content a lot. What a fucking waste of time to judge something by concepts). Maybe I was just more receptive to happiness in the Gamecube era. It's definitely possible that it's a Rose colored glasses kind of thing. Either way, people claiming that other Zelda's were better, for this reason or that, really can't shake my preference and fondness for WW.

I struggled to like Sunshine even when it came out, the sunny summer aesthetic is fantastic but man it has the WORST and most frustrating controls and platforming out of any of the 3D Mario games imo

Wind Waker was just okay in my opinion. I can't judge because my favourite is Twilight Princess, which is pretty similar in a lot of ways and also not well liked.

I really liked twilight princess, but it doesn't have a unique identity within the franchise, it just feels like Ocarina of Time with a wolf.

>dungeons aren’t as good as OoT or TP
>combat isn’t as good as TP
>story and atmosphere aren’t as good as MM
>exploration not as good as BotW
It’s pretty good but the only 3D Zelda that’s worse is SS.

It has the identity of being the "gritty" Zelda, but I get what you mean. I just really liked the story and dungeons for some reason. There was something about that touch of maturity that made it feel cool to me.

SHIT dungeons

I'm not going to ignore the last third of the game where they expect you to just gather shards while paying Tingle to walk through an empty path to enter a half-assed final dungeon where you go through a shitty boss gauntlet in sepia tone. In fact, no matter how cool some of the bosses looked (the majority were piss easy) they didn't make up for the disappointing dungeons.

It's only not the best because muh sailing. From a subjective level I reckon it's my favourite. I have no problem with anything else people seem to dislike like the Triforce quest. Earth Temple is my favourite dungeon in the series, bar BotW Hyrule Castle if that counts.

Attached: 1547157096736.jpg (710x800, 349K)

>extremely long boring intro including rope swinging and forced stealth segment
>nagging guide rails don't come off until you're done with the 2nd dungeon, which is 40% of the dungeons in the game
>travel method is cumbersome as shit, have to play a song to change direction
>terrible grid-based world map that you have to fill in individually
>pointless reward-delaying treasure map system for every square of said map
>incredibly poor layout, islands are gated but often nowhere near the items needed to do anything meaningful on them
>shitton of copy-paste to fill in those 49 islands (every grotto layout is reused three times, eye reefs, watch towers)
>islands are almost completely devoid of meaningful content, most are tiny
>every island with meaningful content is part of the mandatory Triforce Hunt
>said Triforce Hunt is primarily gated by the hookshot so you can't do any of those islands until the end of the game
>dungeons are terrible, mind-numbingly easy, and the only ones that introduce new items are the first two
>both new items suck
>combat boils down to use item on enemy which is mind-numbingly easy
>dungeons are strictly ordered even when it makes no sense that you can't do them out of order (Earth -> Wind)
>only 5 dungeons
>one dungeon was obviously cut, pearl is just handed to you
>no real endgame dungeon, just boss refights in a game with the easiest bosses
>worst sidequests in any Zelda game
>worst sidequest in ANY game, the pictograph statues
>worst trading sequence in any Zelda game, involves going to the same 4 merchants over and over
>dumbest plot in any Zelda game, KoRL is a faggot and puts Zelda and the Triforce of Wisdom literally right next to Ganon's Tower

I actually really like Wind Waker, but this guy is right. I'd say the dungeons are average instead of bad though. Not bad, but not really all that great. TP had this problem too, which is where SS beats it.

Nigga, TP has some of the best dungeons in the series. It’s one of its two strong points.

>brown pirate tomboy loli
>bird loli
>princess loli
>impoverished loli
>thuggish super-loli
>fish ghost loli
Wind Waker really had it all.

Attached: zelda-wind-waker-laruto.jpg (400x550, 47K)

SS dungeons are absolute horseshit outside of 2 or 3 though

Triforce hunt

The dungeons suck
The bosses are too easy
Sailing isn't that bad, the problem is that islands have fuck all to do besides get yet another piece of heart or rupees
Blatantly unfinished
Tetra > Zelda
I wish another Zelda carried over Wind Waker's combat

I can't think of any. Zora Temple was ok, just because I like that theme, and the mansion was good again based entirely on its theming.

>TP has some of the best dungeons in the series
Snowpeak, Arbiter's Grounds, and City in the Sky are the only good ones

>dungeons cut out and replaced with filler
>moving around the world takes too long
>game too easy both puzzles and combat
It's a good game but doesn't reach the same level as OoT and MM

This. It’s a mediocre Zelda.

So BotW has the best combat in all Zelda games? If so, that's a huge yikes from me. That combat is trash.

Does his dick get bigger or smaller with the transformation?

Attached: Ganon_Artwork_(Ocarina_of_Time).png (1900x2471, 3.99M)

I can't really point out what made it this way but it's the only 3D Zelda I've enjoyed. I enjoyed it a lot actually, while I found most others really bland and uninteresting.

It is best Zelda and people saying otherwise are just looking other Zelda games through nostalgia glasses.

Proportionally? Smaller
Overall? Bigger

Yes, but that does make it the best Zelda game, because it's the most representative of the terrible things that differentiate Zelda from other games.