Are there any emulatorchads on Yea Forums?

Are there any emulatorchads on Yea Forums?

Attached: rpcs3.jpg (1280x720, 199K)

Other urls found in this thread:

psdevwiki.com/ps3/PS2_Classics_Emulator_Compatibility_List
youtube.com/watch?v=aeAxp9UAF7o
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Mednafen
mega.nz/#!8xowEYYA!HFgkPRky27ZvlIlnLkh7fS6g6QlSbjk4OsO8cMGt1Vw
youtube.com/results?search_query= i5-2500K rpcs3
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How beefy should my PC be to emulate ps3 games without much worry in the way of performance?

Attached: 1543740098405.jpg (840x700, 368K)

/waiting for vulkan backends to stabilize/ reporting

nope

It's easier to boot up a game thanks to the latest version but I'm trying to figure out what configurations are optimal for smooth gameplay in persona 5.

>not cfwing your PS3

What PC do you have now?

RPCS3 is at the point where it can play games at 4k and at 60fps, even for games that were locked to 30 on PS3.

we 60FPS 4k now.
>tfw emulating a last gen game is a better experience than the real hardware

pretty beefy

I have a i5 4k~ and can run shit like Hardcorps Uprising fine but Demon's Souls is unplayable.

Compatibility in Yuzu gets worse with every update. What on earth are they doing?

HOLY SHIT
METAL GEAR 4 WHEN?

i never get to see that movie

I tried emulating Demon's Souls and it was a complete stutterfest the first time you go anywhere because the shit is constantly "compiling shaders." Second time and onwards it's smooth though but still, barely playable in that state.

SRW emulated just fine though. Played it from start to finish.

Can anyone spell G.I.R.L?

performance varies by game, as some are more optimized than others

>mgs4 booting

it begins

Attached: Demons I tell ya.png (1920x1080, 2.46M)

Can I use my PS3 save files?
It's already hacked.

yes, i started playing chrono cross yesterday

Attached: 1542523310747.jpg (758x644, 64K)

How gpu bound is it. I've got a 6700k cpu, but just a gtx 970.

Unless you use Ice you aren't a real emulatorchad

Attached: Emulibrary.png (1865x797, 2.12M)

>PCSX2 is still a huge piece of shit
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
why the fuck cant this work as smoothly as Dolphin

Attached: img-dragon-ball-z-goku-turns-super-saiyan-3-for-the-first-time-1080p-hd-939.jpg (640x360, 16K)

>emulating ps3 version of minecraft on pc
genius, actually

Attached: 1562779224783.jpg (526x500, 92K)

That's just the PC version. That screengrab isn't 100% emulation, it's like 85%.

Why not just buy and mod a regular PS3? You can get a super slim model for dirt cheap, and they're all vulnerable to the latest exploit.
Besides, there aren't many games on the PS3 that cannot be found on PC now, since most of them got porter (especially JRPGs).
Btw the PS3 can emulate all older consoles pretty well up to the PS2 and PSP too.

Because even if you can keep the hardware functioning indefinitely (you can't) who wants to have like 9 consoles connected to a TV at once? It's a clusterfuck.

lmao imagine not being able to run all games on pcsx2 in current year

i bet your computer is a complete toaster pedro.

This.
A launch ps3 is the only console i'd consider buying, as it can play ps2 games natively and emulate ps1/psp. X1x also seems great with 360/xbox emulation at higher resolutions.

>Why not spend money on decade old hardware that can die at any moment to play games at sub 1080p and janky framerates?
That sounds so much better than free, 4k, and 60fps.

I play Z3.1 and 3.2
How was Masou Kishin 3 and 4 ,2nd OG and Moon Dwellers

Attached: srw3.jpg (1280x720, 200K)

>Why not just a console that adds clutter to your room, your TV / monitor set up and will eventually break the fuck down?
Being authentic is nice n all, but I prefer emulation cuz of reasons like above and since it straight up saves me a lot of moeny and effort.

>decided to emulate modnation racers since I completely skipped it.
>while performance is good, there seems to be wierd collision walls that appear on the start/finish line and in the modshop lobby, blocking part of it on one side.
Anyone got this issue?

Launch PS3 is loud and overheats a lot. You're better off buying a regular PS2 and a regular superslim PS3, you'd pay less. For Ps2 piracy you can track down a Swap Magic disc or if you have access to someone who owns a modded PS2 you can prepare the FreeMCBoot exploit on a memory card.

Anyway this is the compat list for hacked PS3 compatibility with PS2
psdevwiki.com/ps3/PS2_Classics_Emulator_Compatibility_List

Hopefully, actually building the functionality of the system up instead of hack-patching shit together to get one or two specific games working like the CEMU devs did.

>who wants to have like 9 consoles

The PS3 alone can replace most of them and also replace your dvd player and media center if your'e into that sort of thing. The emulators are pretty damn good and when it comes to media the PS3 is probably still the best on the market.

I have a 2060, 16gb ram and a i7 8500h, it's enough to run demon's souls?
I'm fucking retarded and I gave my ps3 so now when I want to replay it I can't

My PS3 can't play games at 60fps in 4k.

I'm still a azed that emulator ended up being worse than the PS3 emulator, like what the actual flying fuck.

Just tried Demons Souls with an i7 8700K and a 1080ti. Got consistent 30 FPS at 2K with very minor graphical problems occasionally

neither can RPCS3

It's probably nothing some compressed air and fresh thermal compound can't fix. I replaced the thermal paste on my launch 360 and blow some compressed air into it once in a while, and it still runs fine.

>The PS3 alone can replace most of them
I currently emulate:

NES
SNES
Genesis
Game Gear
Game Boy
Game Boy Advance
PSP
PS1
PS2
PS3
N64
Gamecube
Wii
Wii U
and am trying (and failing) to get Switch up and running.

which of those can the PS3 actually replace?

Which one, CEMU or Yuzu?

Yuzu I get, it's super-new. CEMU it's just because all anyone did with it was break everything inside out to get Breath of the Wild working, to the detriment of essentially every other game on the WiiU, and then they spent years basically undoing that damage.

This is what patreon bux do to emulator development.

Tell us your specs so we can laugh at you

Cfw ps3 is pretty comfy but resolution is just so low in most games. Recently bought a 4k TV and 720p just doesn't look good on it.

Talking about CEMU.

All except N64 and later Nintendo systems.

It'll be about 3 years before PS3 emulation is a viable option in the same way PS2 emulation is

emulation chads, please help. I have $600 and have decided on 2 buying options to upgrade my PC for ps3 emulation.

1. $199 3600, $130 x570, $70 16gb, $180 rx 590 = about $600

2. $329 3700x, $130 x570, $70 16gb = close to $600 but no cash left for gpu upgrade

current gpu is an rx 560 and I won't be able to upgrade it until around next spring. is it worth it to go with the stronger cpu and just wait till later for gpu, or just grab the 3600 w/ 590 and work with that.

Attached: 1563855269287.jpg (210x240, 14K)

ok

Attached: ArNos-040.jpg (5388x3031, 2.08M)

So... the idea is I should buy an old PS3, and then hack it, so I can emulate a bunch of systems, but not all the systems I emulate, and this is... preferable to just emulating the PS3 in addition to everything else along with my entire PC library?

Not sure I get it.

How stable is it now? is a unlocked fps mode on the table?

For emulation CPU bounding is way more common. That MAY change when the Vulkan back-ends are all up but right now emulators use as much or more CPU than any modern game.

The only things that use CPU more are real-time audio editing and CAD processing.

Imo it's not worth it to deal with PS3 emulation right now, that's why you're better off buying a PS3 imo. If you have a monster PC then you may want to emulate the PS3, but from what I can tell most game still have poor accuracy.

There aren't that many PS3 games I want to emulate, mostly indie garbage like Unfinished Swan. I got Skate 3 working well, I'm happy with that.

I wish InFamous 2 worked better but I can wait.

Second option. Emulation is all about the CPU so the beefier the better. Also lower end Navi will be out soon and will shit on the 590.

>lol i can run this game with specific speedhacks and online patches this emulator works

thank you. I'm lucky enough to have a microcenter nearby, so I'll go grab the 3700x package this weekend.

>speedhacks set to safest
>no online patches

yeah your just a retard with a shit computer, try growing a brain

>lol I whine about having to do 5 minutes of work in exchange for a free game with stable frame rates and perfect image quality

Varies by game. afaik a beefy CPU is vital to emulating. I emulated P5 with a somewhat middle of the road CPU but it's very well optimized.

Hell, most emulators these days come with config .inis that flip those necessary hacks on automatically when the game is loaded unless you tell them not to.

It's fucking plug and play for basically everything.

Why do i always see people complain about how shit the ps2 emulator is, when i have ran every single game perfectly on my potato computer?

are these people just computer illiterate?

Attached: 1473527986236.png (307x462, 11K)

Man GPUs are fucking worthless. CPUs are all that matters

how am I just now learning about this

Attached: 1564184326782.jpg (1280x591, 190K)

>it totally works bro

Attached: Untitled.png (271x123, 5K)

I mean, you've been able to add non-steam shortcuts to Steam and assign images to them forever. The SteamBanners booru has banner images for like every game ever.

Ice just macros them in. Honestly I don't even use it anymore, I used it to add my library of ROMs/ISOs, nowadays when I add one game to my emu library I just copy-paste the launch string from another game and change the name since it's faster.

But in the beginning, yeah, Ice is cool as fuck.

because it's not perfect straight out of the box. I was able to 100% p4 and p3 w/ upscaled resolution-60fps, with hardly any frame drops. and this was on a 3.2 i5-4570 w/ 7850.

maybe some games don't perform as well, but the 7 or 8 that I played were practically flawless.

>Finally we can play old shitty PS3 games.
t. nobody ever, 2019

Seriously, name one (1) worthwhile PS3 game that isn't on PC or re-released on PS4.

>Perfect
Oh no, not that improperly dithered alpha fade! The game is now unplayable!

Look, realistically, I understand why getting emulation perfect is desirable, and I'm glad that autistic folks like the ones behind Higan or Dolphin continue to work on it long past the point of "anyone actually cares", but come on.

A game not emulating perfectly and a game being a poor playing experience are VERY different. Fuck, Project64/GLideN64 do a better job emulating certain N64 games than Nintendo's own Virtual Console releases did for fuck's sake.

but it does?

Attached: c036d5e54645a7df86ea9b72583062a7.png (252x77, 5K)

Skate 3.

>playable with a bugged sky, FPS drops during the menu, artifacting all over the screen and bugs
>BUT HEY IT WORKS RIGHT?

For reference, "Playable" means you can play the game from beginning to end with no issues or sudden crashes.

that looks great, what game?

Usually those are flagged as "in-game" or something similar; it works, but it doesn't really work well.

I mean, there is a line and it can be unclear. Bayo 2 can be emulated but it does suffer from bugs that are pretty annoying, for instance. I don't consider Bayo 2 "there" yet. But I consider Goemon's Great Adventure "there" even though the texture mapping that controls underwater refraction-warping effects is kind of janky.

you are seriously underestimating how far some issues run in PCSX2 and how alot still have no resolved issue
im not going to lie it did the job pretty well when i played the more famous PS2 games (Ratchet and Clank, Gran Turismo 3) but i just wish there where more games that worked on that quality

>Cfw ps3 is pretty comfy but resolution is just so low in most games. Recently bought a 4k TV and 720p just doesn't look good on it.
Eh, It looks fine if it's scaled properly, it's the Wii era all over again desu.

99% of the time fixed by using software renderer which is still a smoother experience than the actual console.

Name some you're having problems with and what those problems are. Not for argument's sake, I'm just curious.

I also find that I like to blame emulators for bugs introduced by improper emulation, especially resolution upscaling. I know that there are situations where the game developers hacked in some functionality (usually with Gbuffer writes) by assuming a resolution and then some rendering aspect breaks when the game is made to operate above that resolution... ditto for unlocking framerates. It feels like the emulator should be able to fix that shit for them, I dunno.

Ar Nosurge. Don't be fooled, it's a Gust game through and through.

Attached: ArNos-029.jpg (2880x1205, 730K)

That's what the per game hacks are for. The PS2 is a shitshow of a console, it has like 12 different chips that all have to work together and there was fuck all documentation or it was all in japanese so every developer had their own little trick or hack to render the game. So when talking about PCSX2 being made up of patches and hacks is because the games are developed with shitty hacks and patches.

FUCKING NINTENDIES YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO PAY FOR THAT
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1471441662739.jpg (920x900, 193K)

what is upscaling

You are handed a 10-inch thick stack of manuals written by Japanese hardware engineers. The first time you read the stack, nothing makes any sense at all. The second time your read the stack, the 3rd book makes a bit more sense because of what you learned in the 8th book. The machine has 10 different processors (IOP, SPU1&2, MDEC, R5900, VU0&1, GIF, VIF, GS) and 6 different memory spaces (IOP, SPU, CPU, GS, VU0&1) that all work in completely different ways. There are so many amazing things you can do, but everything requires backflips through invisible blades of segfault. Getting the first triangle to appear on the screen took some teams over a month because it involved routing commands through R5900->VIF->VU1->GIF->GS oddities with no feedback about what your were doing wrong until you got every step along the way to be correct. If you were willing to do twist your game to fit the machine, you could get awesome results. There was a debugger for the main CPU (R5900). It worked pretty OK. For the rest of the processors, you just had to write code without bugs.

Primal still runs like shit.

On the other hand, the console only runs at a specific framerate and resolution, it's not like the end-user has control over it, so it's a fair assumption to make when engaging in those sort of hacks. It's not REALLY the developers' fault that years later, someone developed software that would allow the game to be run at arbitrary resolutions and didn't account for their specific hacks.

Try playing some of the more niche games any you'll see the results.

If you just want to play Disgaea like me, even a basic i5 can run it fine.

>are these people just computer illiterate?
Yes. pcsx2 isn't as straight forward as Dolphin, so redditors can't figure it out and just say it is shit.

>60fps
>Says 37.40 fps right in the picture

Can't make this shit up.

Attached: 1317042564888.jpg (252x240, 7K)

I figured out the trainwreck that is N64 emulation, everything else is a nap, honestly.

Its a console.

It doesnt really make much sense without the tittle of the video.Its not implying the games are running at constant 60, just that heir now able to get up to 60.
youtube.com/watch?v=aeAxp9UAF7o

PCSX2 is probably the best emulator out there in terms of enhancement, accuracy and sheer quality of library that it can make playable on PC. Criticism of it immediately outs a person as a brainlet who doesn't know what he's doing.

I have Ryzen 1600x. can i emulate RPCS3 properly with that processor ? especially Persona 5

if you overclock, yes

Because everyone downloads 1.4 as that is what is on the official site. The 1.5 builds are way better.

So where are the most demanding area in Persona 5 ? Just tried it in the beginning it was around 28-30 fps all the time

I got a 6700k and a 1070. Persona 5 runs at 4k/60fps. The Vulkan support they added is really great.

school or the subway, i'd assume

Did you add the 60fps mod?

Attached: Too_Late_Nintendo_2.webm (960x540, 2.59M)

Well i past in the subway and it was constant 30fps and 28-30fps in town maybe i was good to go i guess. I have PS3 but sounded like a jet engine when playing games maybe i just play on PC instead.

Anyone know how the Sadamitsu CWcheat for Tekken PSP works? I tried mapping a 10 string combo using just a single button and it doesnt work.

Also, what the fuck are these shaking legs

Attached: images.jpg (739x415, 22K)

Nope. Im fine with 30fps though

Im using 1.4 and theres almost 0 problems

You should give it a try. I can only get around 40-50fps with Breath of the Wild - a Wii game - on Cemu, but the PS3 emu runs Persona 5 at 60fps no problem.

I think the difference is the Vulkan support. Cemu is supposed to add that in 1.16, so hopefully that'll bump the performance up.

>i7, 32gbram, rtx2080ti
RPCS3 has performed perfectly in every game listed as playable that i've tried. 60fps in every game that doesn't break if set at over 30fps. I get better frames and performance with rpcs3 than I do with WiiU emulation on the CEMU.

Even with i7 and rtx2080ti and even after the hundred updates to cemu to try and address performance issues with BoTW, I still don't get more than a fluctuating 40-45fps at 1440p on many places in the overworld. Have to play with 30fps cap to avoid slowdown. At least I get constant 60+fps playing xenoblade X

i7 by itself doesn't mean anything you brainlet, an old i7 can be beaten by a newer i5

9th gen i7 9700. Didn't get the K version because I don't really care about overclocking and I was spending enough money on the upgrade already.

Have you put in the proper settings for the emulator? It can make a huge difference
Bsodgaming, although a numale, has some good videos on it

Anyone know how I can change the display resolution on Mupen? In the config it only lets me change the window size but not the actual resolution. It’s confusing, would this option be set in the Mupen config or the config for the graphic plugin like rice or glide? I don’t see the option anywhere.

What's an i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz going to get me in terms of emulation?

Attached: 1549452499614.jpg (975x600, 272K)

how about you try it out for yourself retard

It doesn't come until tomorrow, and the rest of my parts don't come until Friday. It's a new build

If emulation is important to you, perhaps you should have asked the question before you purchased.

It wasn't, really. I've just seen the thread and wondered

Do I have to solder shit to it? I ain't doing that mate.

Looks like a cherrypicked vita port.

RPCS3 can run plenty of games at 4k/60 fps if your PC is up for it, stop embarrassing yourself m8.

I wish Vita Emulator exists

Attached: pa.220519.9.jpg (497x633, 184K)

How do you convert epsxe saves to mednafen?

scroll down to transfer
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Mednafen

At some point RPCS3 dev added basic emulation of Vita but quickly got rid of it because they decided to focus on PS3. For now, Vita3k exist but nothing really works on it.

I tried doing that, Memory Card Manager didn't detect my save file

I think you can rename the memcard file.
Then try it again, but don't forget to backup.

Bump ; _:

last year i've tried to emulate demons souls and it was unplayable

have it got ane better now?

i have a i7 4790 3.6ghz and a 1080TI

It runs 30 fps with a few minor glitches on my Ryzen 1600 and Sapphire 290.
You should be good.

Besides Persona 5 and Demon's Souls, what other good console exclusives run great on RPCS3?

Looking to expand my library.

Friendly reminder emulation is and always will be inferior to the real thing. The best way to play games is to back up load games on original hardware, always and forever. Emulation is a third world solution where hacks of varying severity are always put in to use to make games run better, but not correctly, causing all sorts of issues that change the experience in the end.

Emulation is great if you're poor, underage, live at home, or live in a favela in Brazil. If you have the means though, the real thing is always the best thing.

Sorry it hurts you so much user

nice

gonna try again then

any words about Nier and Drakengard 3?

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (Undub) is perfect

ever heard of YOUTUBE you dumb reddit spacing retard?

wwww

Attached: Blacku Rocku Shoota.jpg (1440x816, 261K)

The fact it looks like such shit is proof enough; better on original hardware.

no, not really
it's time to let go

Ok how do I load games on original hardware? I already have a 9000 PS2

Pretty unstable./

What is this program user?

Says the poorfag who cant afford PC to emulate PS1/PS2/PS3/Wii/WiiU/Switch/etc games

wwww

Attached: awful.png (85x161, 29K)

still better than on original hardware, that is the point of emulation

>still better than on original hardware
worse
>that is the point of emulation
delusional

keep crying faglord

it's true user, it's time to let go

user...

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

>worse
Post proof.
Wait, what you gonna say is, i cant.
BTFO, troll

>Realise I already played the games I wanted to on emulator
>No reason to set up a PS2 with hard drive shenanigans

Were you in the tutorial area? Anyone can run that shit. Try getting to 1-2 and beyond.

why would you want them to play on ps2 in the first place when emulators exist?

Why would you emulate a Tony Hawk game when THUG Pro exists?

What game

Never played them on original hardware, but software mode is the exact same so yeah who gives a shit

You can't experience Project 8 on THUGPro.

>Why would you emulate a Tony Hawk game when a Tony Hawk game exists?
hmmmm

It's funny, I think all 3D games should be played at resolution that's upscaled to native whenever possible, even if it means "hacks", but when it comes to sprite-based games I really love using autistically-modeled CRT filters because it feels more authentic.

it's perfect only a couple visual bugs

Black Rock Shooter on PSP
Pretty repetitive but with speedup it's way more bearable
Remember to use maps for golden disks/dawns each time you do free hunt maps if you want the bunny outfit without replaying them

Does Last Raven work well yet?

let me know when we have rock band 3 with all DLC and custom track import

Attached: 1556057308391.jpg (593x422, 209K)

This.The other PS emulators are next in line. Dolphin is really good too but it has few games.

>I don't really care about overclocking
You are making a huge mistake. Buying high end non-K's is literally wasting your money.

This is the only notable bug.

Attached: LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE.webm (770x420, 2.84M)

VC on PC just never looks right, I like emulating it.

Attached: CD2338A6-8C27-4EE8-9418-4950724B21B1.jpg (1024x576, 67K)

>K @ 3.7GHz
what the fuck are you guys doing

Attached: RPCS3 2019.01.08 - 03.12.36.32.jpg (1920x1080, 290K)

The Vita emulator dev only seems to care about P4G so eventually it will work.

P4 is better though.

hey emulatorchad, how's red ded redemption running on rpcs3?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 15K)

For most of those games it just doubles the in game speed instead of properly running the game at something similar to a native 60 FPS.

look up Clone Hero, my guy

Vulkan backend for Yuzu when? I'm sick of getting 4FPS on it.

I just hope they dont over-advertize it like RPCS3 with Persona 5 before.
Just keep it under Atlus radar until P4G is fully playable

Is software mode on pcsx2 really that intensive?

i hope you use the english patch for the japanese version and not the actual undub for the burger version

Yes.

buy an RGH 360

Xenia is closer to playable but the sound bug which stops the game from being playable(quests freeze since no dialogue during missions plays) might never be fixed, there's no sound coder on the team afaik. RPCS3 RDR runs like shit still and RPCS3 has some crashing issues for most games even the playable ones.

You'll probably need a future top of the line CPU for RDR on RPCS3, I can't imagine the performance boosting that much. Xenia on the other hand runs a lot better and probably can improve.

Atlus can't stop emulation they just had RPCS3 remove mentions of the game on their site because they were using it as the poster child of the new and popular emulator. And the game was brand new. They won't care or be able to do anything about P4G emulation.

I did do that

you’d have to be less than a brainlet. im playing MGS 2 and 3 with basic settings - i hardly changed shit, and they run perfect for me

let me clarify bc pic was unrelated: i only play the drums

Attached: p4u2korean.png (1288x747, 1.31M)

user why

Attached: sedfavze.jpg (1295x762, 210K)

There's an option to let you use more cores for software mode but yeah it's pretty demanding in any emulator. AMD can't into it.

Out of curiosity, would it be litreally impossible to make a ps1 or 2 emulator that didn’t require a separate BIOS file? IE being able to just run the game file like in dolphin or n64

i bought it cheap on ebay and wanted to see what i could do with it. you can hack it to load japanese DLC but you can't hack it to run in english, might be missing files. not sure how you'd mod in files because it never had updates to hijack.
it looks for P4U1 DLC in the folder for european blazblue continuum shift rofl

Attached: 360.png (1280x720, 585K)

you can make a homebrew BIOS replacement but these usually have poor compatibility. you can't do without any BIOS at all.

Theres an undub mod for japanese psn version in wsr recently. You can search the archive

not legally, no

is there a rap for it now? i know how to do the hack myself

Attached: RPCS3 2018.12.07 - 07.02.14.46.jpg (1920x1080, 336K)

i found that post but my retard brain skipped over the word rap, thanks for making me read it again

why emulate this version desu

to see what it's like

Attached: No More Heroes Paradise 2019.02.03 - 00.11.51.01.jpg (1920x1080, 262K)

this isn't /g/. his mom probably bought it for him, and considering he couldn't just go on plenty of youtube videos, observe performance and check the descriptions for their specs to make a comparison instead of asking on Yea Forums, he likely knows nothing about hardware

even dolphin requires data dumped from a console for some things like using correct fonts

Hey /g/ frens, is an i5-4760K @ 3.40GHz shit for emulation? Should I upgrade?

you're missing margaret because you aren't on the latest patch, if this thread lives a while i can probably make an english patch for the latest digital japanese version

it finally got to the title screen 8 days ago, might take some time to be fully playable.

Do it user

The Undub was lost in time anyway, Go for it, user.

Attached: Dolphin 2019-02-08 01-24-46-75.jpg (1920x1200, 555K)

Hows Switch emulation anyway ?

Thats not true.
Stop spreading misinformation

I have a quad core I5 3450 i believe, managed to play Nier Gestalt fine.
Also played Drakengard 3, but don't do it if you have cpu like mine.

>that's not true
Yes it is, try doing this on Demon's Souls for instance. It does nothing except double the games play speed. If the game is hard capped at 30 FPS, just increasing the vblank rate isn't going to give 60 FPS without some kind of drawback.

You can get a free trial of playstation now and stream it on PC. In case anyone actually wants to play it.

How do you get Ape Escape 3 to run perfect in PCSX2?

>tfw overclocked the fuck out of my cpu so the game's audio wouldn't desync during the final boss

Attached: sweat.png (240x312, 76K)

Is it retarded to overclock a cpu using the stock fan?

redpill me on RPCS3 Yea Forums, is it just shitposting or is the emulator finally in a decent enough state?

Attached: 1561882607960.jpg (537x534, 75K)

I tried RDR 1 and got the intro then blackscreen..

>tfw my potato can't emulate ps2 games on more that 20% speed

Yeah but you can do it anyway if you're careful

depends entirely on the game you want to play

So do emus like P64 and dolphin use their own homemade bios?

You need fairly decent cpu to have any hope of playing anything. There's quite a few games that are playable from start to finish now with minimal hiccups. The games that do work are capable of running better than on actual PS3 hardware if your PC is good enough so it's worth investing a little time into if you have something you want to play.

dolphin uses free fonts and their own DSP ROM if you don't dump real ones from a gamecube/wii
the N64 only has extremely basic onboard software to boot games that isn't useful to dump for emulation, so technically you could say P64 made its own but that's overstating it

>streaming games
lmao

i still have my PS3 with CFW installed, no reason to stream shit

I am too stupid to figure out how to dl demon's souls. It is the only game I care about and it is locked behind some weird mega dl limit.

Persona 5 and nier runs at 60fps currently,they couldn't find a way yet to make demons souls runs at 60 without breaking the physics,I remember that the same thing happened to botw

No one has made a 60fps patch. The current one is just an address from the debug version of the game.

Hows Persona Q emulation right now ?
Does the game good storywise ?

Pay attention to temperatures,if your chip is good it will ask for less voltages to achieve higher clocks,generating less heat

And also do not set the mb over 1.35v to not try the chip

Demons souls,yes,but persona 5 and recently nier runs at 60 just fine

I already have a modded PS3, though.

Attached: 1399586853784.jpg (400x400, 25K)

Nope I'd be surprised if you could run runescape on that rig

>720p

Let me know when the ratchet and clank games are playable.

My PS3 is dead lmao

That's fine.

Attached: 1360168526156.gif (752x752, 58K)

Call me when RPCS3 can play Yakuza 4 and 5 flawlessly.

Even 3 is still performing horribly

Call me when a PS3 can.

Boosh.

Buy a new one lmao

Some emulators just "hardcode" the bootstrap process by initializing the cpu structure like the BIOS would do it.

>MK4 and Trilogy
Based and actually decent portpilled

I have an r5 2600 with an rx 580 8gb, that's a little bit better than a xbone x and I got it for a little over 600 bucks. I can play Demon's Souls at 4k 30fps just fine. I've seen people emulating RPCS3 just fine on a 2200g which is an entry level cpu+igpu.

sorry pals, that rap posted is invalid and can't decrypt the game, which i figured when i saw it was uploaded in 2014 but every PSN database didn't have a rap for it.
that means i can't decrypt the digital version of patch 1.03 to edit it to run in english. for the latest patch in english you'll have to use the physical version, which doesn't have the encryption.
i still have canzah's patch for the physical version:
mega.nz/#!8xowEYYA!HFgkPRky27ZvlIlnLkh7fS6g6QlSbjk4OsO8cMGt1Vw

It'll be fine user, don't expect help from hardened redditors.

I'm at the final day or whatever and everything was running fine until it got gimped in the velvet room wtf,,,

Attached: file.png (726x623, 741K)

get pranked

waiting for sly 2 to be playable

I can run sekiro on ultra, will I be able to run demon souls? Y/N

I just watched the latest RPCS3 youtube video and they implemented MSAA. Does anyone know how to enable it?

>I can run sekiro on ultra
That's not saying much. At what resolution and frame rate? Also emulators use cpu much more than gpu.

1920x1080
60fps

Yes but what cpu and you most likely can play it at 4k 30fps just like me, I have

I got a 1070 same cpu and r&c hd collection was 40-60 fps very unstable

>always inferior
I bet you're one of the retards who bought a super nt/mega sg

Attached: cycle.png (1008x563, 132K)

When are they gonna make the dynasty warriors Gundam games playable

They hated him because he told the truth.

>Friendly reminder
More live overdefensive display of your own insecurites after spending thousands of dollars on plastic crap kek
You 'purist' are such fucking faggots, jesus christ.

I'm trying to emulate Dragon Quest VIII (PS2) properly but sometimes a cutscene will occur and I'll hear the audio, but the cutscene will just be blank.

Don't care it free

Are there any versions of Citra that actually work well on AMD builds?

Could you emulate ANYTHING from PS3 with i5-2500K @ 4.6GHz?

youtube.com/results?search_query= i5-2500K rpcs3

I'm new to emulation how do I emulate a ps3 game that I already own physically?

it's enabled by default

>Persona 5
>running smoothly
>2 fucking years ago
Holy shit, my good ol' 2500K might not be so shit after all.

>ever, 2019
Dumb, just dumb.

If you are having problems with RPCS3, try Xenia. Compatibility is a bit lower but I can play many games at full speed with my 8350. Same games were stuttering to hell in RPCS3

google it

RPCS3 will murder a 2500k.

It's possible to rip it from your ps3, but honestly why even bother? Just download it from some site, and follow a guide.

>Friendly reminder emulation is and always will be inferior to the real thing. The best way to play games is to back up load games on original hardware, always and forever.
Friendly reminder backup loading is and always will be inferior to the real thing. The best way to play games is to use original copies on original hardware, always and forever. Backup loading is a third world solution where hacks of varying severity are always put in to use to make games run, but not correctly, causing all sorts of issues that change the experience in the end.

Backups are great if you're poor, underage, live at home, or live in a favela in Brazil. If you have the means though, the real thing is always the best thing.

Attached: [DefaultFileName].04_37_18_45.Still023.png (1920x1080, 2.68M)

Yeah, I know. I tried emulating the JoJo All Star fighting game like one year ago. Fun times were not had.
Ran like absolute fucking shit.

Both of you are pathetic betas.

RTX2060
DDR4 16gb 3200mhz
Ryzen 3600
Can I run anything? Or at least yakuza ishin ?

>He didn't understand that other user was mocking him

Wares a good place to get games? I don't whant to have to join any kind of form group

no dude you LITERALLY cannot run anything in the double digits with this

lmao bro I'd be surprised if you can even run Tsukihime

>stealing games makes you a chad

Yes.
Recommend ROM sites btw

Wowroms

fuck off retard shadow of the colossus runs better on rpcs3 than pcsx2

>software renderer
>can't upscale

>which is still a smoother experience than the actual console.

wait WHAT
does RPCS3 run moon dwellers??

>hey it's something

Attached: nocturne.webm (960x540, 2.12M)

downloadgameps3.com

one of the best looking ps2

Attached: 1560359937943.webm (1920x1080, 2.67M)

Do you guys prefer to use BlastEm or Genesis Plus GX for Genesis emulation? What's the accuracy difference, and how else are they different from each other?

Why don't hardcore emulator fans like epsxe?

I think you need to play more PS2 games.

my taste is specifice

Attached: Capture.jpg (814x605, 106K)

>Ape Escape 3
Just a pair of Snakes huh

Attached: Speccy64_2019-08-07_15-49-13.png (523x417, 21K)

how close are we to 360 emulation so we can finally get skate games on pc

Play it on this fucking emulator.

this one meaning.... what the one in OP's pic?

Yes, for fuck's sake.

if you play a bunch of games with low graphics of course you'll think one of them looks the best

drops some names, these aren't the only ps2 games i tried.

Any higher budget jrpg for instance. Persona games models are barely even animated.

>DMC 5 runs consistently on 60fps on High
>Wonderful 101 runs like Crysis 5 on a Pentium II

life is suffering and so am I

Attached: cyrIpPJ.png (750x613, 458K)

Trades emulation accuracy for performance.

relax, faggot. 360's versions of the skate games had less bugs, that's why i asked. if this is all we have i'll look into it.

Dump the disc from a CFW PS3 or get a compatible bluray drive that can read PS3 games and dump using that.

or you can just pirate the games but you run the risk of getting a bad dump. I know there's a ton of bad dump copies of Yakuza out there that straight up fuck up in emulators or real PS3s.

Lost Odyssey is now barely playable on Xenia and that hypes me the fuck up because you know it's just a matter of time before I can render Ming's tits in 4k

This game aged so much better compared to blur and bloom color filtered shit that followed in the series. 60 fps too, what a treat.

Attached: pcsx2_2019_08_07_23_25_30_498.png (1920x1080, 2.43M)

whats the point of this? It just takes emulators you already have in your computer and just puts them in your steam library?

making 5 clicks to get to steam to play my emulators is dumb. It would take 5 clicks just to get to the drive and folder my emulators are on, this seems redundant.

because of your computer or configuration. I've never had a single issue with PCSX2 that couldn't be quickly fixed with a little fiddling. I've literally never had a game I couldn't play on PCSX2.

its for controller users

Is Xenogears and Ar Tonelico good?

What are some front ends to organize your emulators?