Digital is a mistake, physical is much bet-

>Digital is a mistake, physical is much bet-

Attached: xb73dbainzg21.jpg (3024x4032, 845K)

maybe take better care of your things, retard

Sausages for fingers

>Keep disc in original box on shelf for 20 years away from humidity or sunlight
>TAKE BETTER CARE OF IT
Show me your cryostasis chamber for your big box PC games

>digital is the future!
>game gets delisted
Oops
>game gets patched/changed/digital version lacks some features early physical revision had
Ouch
>digital game gets region locked, no way to get it legally
Yikes

>away from humidity or sunlight
I don't believe you

Why dont they get rid of the circle in the middle of the disc? surely you could fit more graphics on the game that way?

I have CDs that are older than most people on this board and they work fine.

I'm a Britbong we don't have sunlight or humidity here. Some of my older discs are still absolutely fine and they're stored in the same way, I'm sure it was the way certain games were pressed that causes the problems.

Literally none of my Sega CD or Saturn games (or any of my disc based games) look like this.
That image is 100% take better care of your shit.

>works on my system

>GameCube
>makes the discs smaller
WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

>posting r*ddit images and pretending it's you
Let's see a proper timestamp, OP.

Just back them up on M-Discs bro

>>>/reddlt/
you seething tranny

Only retards think physical is better than digital.

just checked my oldest on hand cd battlefield secret weapons of ww2 and apart from a few scratches 9 year old me inflicted it is as new

>pirate/emulate it
problem solved

>If you complain about physical media having manufacturing faults you must be leddit! Stop wasting threads I could be spamming my epic wojak edits in on vidya discussion!
Neck yourself my man

>we don't have sunlight or humidity here
yes we do, just last week bruh

>SURELY EVERYONE ELSE HAVING WORKING DISKS IS NOT INDICATIVE OF THE QUALITY, BECAUSE MINE LOOKS LIKE SHIT

nice disc rot faggot

If your disc deteriorates my disc will still be fine, if a digital service goes tits up everyone's fucked.

>Keep disc in original box on shelf for 20 years away from humidity or sunlight
Yea, try doing that.

checked my oldest cd game from '94
aside from some very light scratches it's as good as new.
stored only in a jewel case

It's humid as fuck mate. Were you not here for that heatwave a week or 2 ago?

Welp, works for me
Too bad for you

that's just the reflective coating

Printed discs are perfect.
Some of them aren't sealed properly and will deteriorate over time.
Some of them just come out warped and won't work at all or just fuck up at the exact same point over and over.
I hace a copy of Emperor: Battle for Dune on PC that never worked because you could never install it since one of the install discs is warped.

*aren't perfect

It really depends on the quality of disc. Theoretically data layer should be very well covered and protected - but some manufacturers used to cheap out so the disc label is the data layer. These are very prone to destruction.

DRM free digital>physical>digital

>Physical games can rot over time if not taken care of properly
>Digital media can be removed at the whim of the developer or digital distributer and never be seen again

Attached: youyou.jpg (1920x1080, 278K)

>falling for the discrot meme

Attached: 1476421418897.jpg (1200x840, 249K)

As long as you take care of your disks you can play those games awhile. My day one oblivion disc still works fine and so do my other xbox360 games. You just suck ass or dont give a shit about what you buy. Not to mention even if you buy the game digitally they can take it away from you at ang point in time. You are renting it while i,a smart tentitive individual,own my video games.

maybe try don't be black gorilla niggerman?

>Family Guy: The Video Game in the baackground

Digital is the future, but many people don't know that "digital" actually means "git and git accessories"

I thought the meme was that it's constantly raining in Britain?
when the humidity index is 100%, it means it's raining, and vice versa.

>not even the edit

Attached: 1543326578381.png (279x327, 153K)

>blockbuster logo next to it

Attached: 1523205601516.png (1200x840, 690K)

>rainland
>no humidity

Are you by chance retarded? I've only had one disc break, 360 Fallout 3, laser-burn, if I recall. Fuck Todd.

Outside of that, I have games around 15 or more years old with no damage.

He's just reposting pictures from reddit for ebin (You)'s

Yeah I'm gonna have to call bullshit. I have PS1 games and audio CDs from 20+ years ago and they're all still in perfect condition.

You don't own the product with digital, you're renting the ability to play it.

That's legit gay.

Me too, except for one of them, which could have been avoided if I was allowed to back up the data myself. I have climate controlled storage for instruments that I also keep my old games in, and that still wasn't good enough to prevent my copy of Ape Escape from dying on me. Luckily I can just download it off the internet nowadays because somebody else backed it up and shared it at the risk of legal repercussions.

Same with physical copies these days.
It's all legal bullshit to cover the publishers ass.

as a youth I used to buy old CDs from pawn shops and I have never personally witnessed disc rot. I still have stacks of shit from the 80s that just works

I hope no one actually steams games.

You own it just as much as with physical
With digital you:
>own the storage medium the data is contained on
>but you don't own any rights to the data itself
>you just have a license to use it

With physical you
>own the storage medium the data is contained on
>but you don't own any rights to the data itself
>you just have a license to use it

The only difference between the two are that
>one uses an disc/cartridge as its storage medium, the other uses a SSD/HDD
>one puts the data on the disc for you, the other makes you do it yourself

Only time that digital is better is with handheld jap-scrap that has an internal battery.

You should steal those products.

Hey, want to sell me one of your steam games?

I was really upset when my Pokemon Silver's battery died. The time stuff was cool at the time but I was pretty upset as a kid and didn't understand why it didn't save anymore.

Not true.

As long as I have a system, whatever that is, I can play my disc, the push for always-online will change this, but as of now, that's physical benefit.

Digital is reliant on a third-party not fucking my ass. I despise that concept, any moment "my" games could be gone because the host decided as such.

>handheld jap-scrap that has an internal battery
So pretty much no modern game or system.

No, and I don't want to sell you any of my Playstation games either.

If you have a physical copy with online drm (such as steam) that copy will cease to function if that drm system goes down or blocks your key.

Hard drive master race reporting. ISO + patch + crack ftw

that's a rental copy asshay

Yeah, as I said, the push to have some online connection mandatory is meant to leave you fucked whatever you buy.