Why cant it render 4k at 60fps?

Why cant it render 4k at 60fps?

Attached: images (9).jpg (526x583, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.fr/amp/s/www.eurogamer.net/amp/digitalfoundry-2017-every-native-4k-ps4-pro-game-tested
youtu.be/5-Fy4IXYskw
youtube.com/watch?v=1iDQEf5CHrU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

4K 30FPS? What do you need checkerboarded 30FPS for?

Why would it? 24fps is literally better than 60fps

Attached: order 1886 dev defends silky smooth 20fps.png (1153x1083, 322K)

It can, easily. How is that not obvious??

>PS4 PRO and XBONE X are essentially even more retarded versions of SEGA32x yet people at it up willingly
Sorry SEGA but you were just way ahead of your time

It doesn't even render games at 4k, it's fucking checkerboard and variable resolutions, the games are blurry as fuck.
Same shit with the ps4 basic, many of the game are variable and run at sub hd resolutions, 2019 and games are running only slightly higher than games from 15 years ago.

it can, faggot devs just want muh grafix rather than muh performance and don't let you choose for yourself

Because it's a £300 box. Why cant a £300 PC run REmake 2 at 1080p 60fps like the pro can?

It can, dumb switchfag

Because it's console shit.

Attached: Daily reminder that consoles are holding back video games.webm (718x404, 899K)

Because you kept violating your mother in her sleep for the last four decades and now the slants are punishing you for living out their weeb milf fantasies.

Attached: bz-5cdcd13a224515734896357467 anime rebel flag incest sign.jpg (927x606, 172K)

But the average wigger say it 4k yo?

No game runs at 4k 60fps

Im kind of fucking furious with the marketing of the PS5 so far
>whats that? 1080p 60fps locked is all you want?
>NAH. HOW ABOUT 8K THOUGH. YOU GUYS ALL LOVE K RIGHT?

it 100% can do it

but it won't, just like the PS5 and 4K@120fps

no game runs at 792p 60fps on switch

thanks for the conversation and proving the op right

Because Sony never said it did 4K, they were honest and even on its announcement conference they were very clear about upscaling. We've also known the CPU is the same as base PS4 but overclocked, so it can't do miracles.

So there's no helping retards, the information has been out there since day1, it's only your fault to wonder why it can't do more than what it promised, at the year it came out, at the price it came out at.

PS5 is literally just stating what hdmi 2.1 supports (4K120fps / 8K60fps).

Don't think they've made any statement as for what they'll make devs do (like they could force them to do 4K on every games, which will result in 30fps everything most likely -- even if you set it to 1080p since it'll just downscale rather than be proper settings)

*upscaled 1260p 50-60 fps on low-medium settings
*300 britbucks used/limited time sale only

>no more consoles
>pc that could do that costs tons of money
>people don't want to spend it
>demand drops
>I becomes a niche market
>stagnates
or
>people buy cheap PCs
>games are less graphically intense because market calls for it

Ultra high end PC gaming is a niche market. The vast majority of users have console or low/mid tier PC builds.

That was for him.

REZ infinite is 4k 60fps

Wipeout HD
Bound
Persona 5 Royal

Its on the fucking box you cultist.

>Persona 5 Royal
But Persona 5 doesn't do that.

so this is the power of working with an underpowered APU

There is more ps4 owners then there is people on steam that have a PC that is a ps3(yeas 3) equivalent. In fact there is more ps4 owners than there is all steam accounts.

Yes and it's true. The output signal upon upscaling is indeed 4K.

Because its hardware was already 5 years outdated on release day.

>game from 11 years ago
>who
>30 fps like p5 on ps4 and p5 on ps3

There is more sub 100iq people than 100+iq people.

>the games are blurry as fuck.
The hell games are you playing? Yeah not shit if you play some retard game from 2013 it'll be blurry, but games like RDR2 looks better than real life.
Pc gamers are fucking retarded.

What's the point of doing shit like this? Why even make shit like this up when everyone knows what google is? I don't understand. Are you an underage who just can't grasp certain concepts with your undeveloped brain?

>dude it's more realistic than real life
What does that even mean? If it doesn't look like real life then isn't it objectively not 100% realistic?

You can literally google the current active steam accounts and it's 90 million 10 short of the number of ps4s tho.

Is this the new "the human eye can't see 30 fps"?

What? You didn't say active steam accounts, you just said steam accounts. And comparing the number of active steam accounts to the number of ps4s sold doesn't make any sense, because you have no idea how many of those ps4s are actively used.

Playing judgment now, it runs at 60fps with occasional drops

Pretty much all ps4pro games run at 1080p

If consoles didn't exist, developers would have to make PC games, and they'd be forced by market pressure to accommodate as many toaster builds as they can. The standard graphical fidelity would be lower.
Why?
Because right now the PS4/Xbone provides both a graphical lower bound AND a known market. They can then make a PC port with the detail turned up for the TINY TINY segment of the market that will pay $1000+ for a gaming PC. Take away the consoles and people aren't going to spend that money to put a GPU in the Facebook machine they probably wouldn't have bought over a better iphone anyway.

If consoles didn't exist PC hardware would be way cheaper.
lrn2economics retard.

>If consoles didn't exist, developers would have to make PC games, and they'd be forced by market pressure to accommodate as many toaster builds as they can. The standard graphical fidelity would be lower.
implying any of this is a bad thing

At that point the price would jump so high that you'd rather buy a pc instead.

>demand going up would lower prices
im not sure about that

why would i want to play at 4K? its literally snake oil
you didnt buy into the 4K marketing meme right user?

Attached: nignog.jpg (575x323, 20K)

PC hardware would be mass produced and since there would be more available they'd be sold at a lower cost because everyone would own a PC.

For some dumb reason developers are looking at higher resolution before we get a damned reasonable stable framerate. They will regret it in the end and wish they had chosen differently. Reso is nice but can't be enjoyed at a low framerate.

No, they wouldn't get appreciably cheaper. Consoles are cheap because of a dodge where they can sell them for next to no profit and make it back on the games. nVidia, AMD, Intel, don't make money on the games, they have to make profit on the hardware.
And when that initial barrier to entry retards sales of gaming PCs, games will target the hardware that exists and not upgrade.
Look at 1990ish PC gaming. How many games started up with "Press 1 for monochrome, 2 for CGA, 3 for VGA, etc."? You always had to accommodate the toasters. Takes time and effort and prevents you making the high end better, just like consoles, isn't it?

film isnt games, and i liked the hobbit@48, well as much as one could, they are shit compared to lotr

What the fuck am I reading? Is this bait?

Attached: 45689867645664.jpg (1440x1440, 582K)

he said better than, not more realistic

real life looks like shit

LOOK THERE'S A NIGGER! HE'S A NIGGER!

It can. The dev just has to target that. Most devs do not.

Sony could easily change that though, it wouldn't be the first time they enforce some aspect to be like they want it to allow release on their platforms or confer some advantages (been doing that since the PS1 where they're the main reason there was such a huge push for 3D even though it sucked on PS1)

>Why cant it render 4k at 60fps?

It doesn't matter, Even base model os ps4 offers better graphics than anything that ever is , will be on pc in the next 10 years.

Attached: not possible on pc.jpg (1920x1080, 1.38M)

What the fuck would a PS3-equivalent PC even be? The PS3 was a weird piece of hardware with 256 MB RAM and a 7-core PowerPC-CPU. The only thing comparable to PC hardware was the GPU, which was basically a GeForce 7800 GTX.
And I doubt that ancient GPU is even faster than modern integrated graphics. It's still a DirectX 9 GPU, some shitty Intel IGPU will support modern APIs and at least be able to start modern games, a 2005 gaming GPU won't.

PC can't even catch up to console from 2013 yet, what will happen to overpriced, irrelevant pc once ps5 hits the market?

Attached: ps4 standard.webm (954x536, 2.95M)

>wall of text from literally no one
>movies and games are the same thing

Last of Us 2 will rape, irrelevant pc gtx whatever overpriced trash people are calling it, into oblivion.

Attached: 1565102156035.jpg (1920x1080, 508K)

It does.
All the sports games are 4k60fps.

Lmao. This isn't even true. Just because someone has made a prototype doesn't mean it would be applicable in a video game engine. Besides, consoles are doing all the legwork in the graphics tech department. Without consoles there would be no bottom to how shit the toasters they would have to support. At least with consoles we have some games that gets to tailor their tech 100% to the hardware.

Still better console than the cuck-box. You can not argue against this.

Attached: 1545771330054.jpg (675x1200, 162K)

I only read the first tweet in this pic and got mad as fuck. More information is always better and 60fps looks closer to real life.

It does in simpler games like rez infinite or mantis burn racing. Its gpu has 36 compute units, but runs at around 800MHz, so it's pretty much a heavily underclocked rx 480, which is a very capable gpu for 1080p, can do 1440p but doesn't quite cut it for 4k in modern games. With checkerboard rendering and other smart upscaling techniques, it can deliver a pretty convincing 4k presentation. Memory bandwidth isn't much higher than on a stock ps4, so that's also a limiting factor, not as much as on switch though. I think the biggest bottleneck is the CPU though. It has 8 of amd's low power jaguar cores, which were the only viable CPU they had for a console at the time, the only other option being their 125w housefire fx processors on the desktop. It runs at a very low clockspeed and has IPC about on par with a mobile ARM chip. Since ps4 doesn't have the bloat of something like windows to deal with, it can deliver pretty good results, but only to a point.

Because it uses laptop hardware from 2014. Next question.

im currently playing pes 2020 in 4K 60 fps and HDR

im not sure your pc can do it faggot

Attached: 27D76D69-0EDF-4BEA-9934-41C4946425C1.jpg (1125x1146, 362K)

I know that > literally who
but knowing that someone, somewhere is deeply passionate about having all his movies and games at 24 fps sickens me

Attached: EA1e2YMXoAQThX-.jpg (553x464, 23K)

google.fr/amp/s/www.eurogamer.net/amp/digitalfoundry-2017-every-native-4k-ps4-pro-game-tested
actuallt it can reach 4k in plenty of games
you just choose to ignore it because you cant cope with a $300 console ouperforming your $2000 PC

ignore this post and keep coping

Attached: 51EkbuqGoKL.jpg (394x500, 63K)

>A port of a PS3 game that already ran at 1080p60
LOL

Yeah, i'd expect ps3 games, povertyball games, top down racers, barren indieshit and stuff designed to run on the average potato to render at 4k on a $400 piece of hardware.

youtu.be/5-Fy4IXYskw
MERRY XMAS Yea Forums
This video comes out today

The graphics are improved and it runs at 4 times the resolution AND it is in VR.

Don't worry, i feel like it's comming next year with lackluster lunch titles except last of us part 2 and $420 price tag.

persona 5 r is 60fp

Attached: nnual_Conference25_.jpg (620x342, 24K)

>The graphics are improved
The obnoxious bloom ruins many tracks IMO
>and it runs at 4 times the resolution just like every PS3 -> PS4 port then?

You realize you aren't making any point here right?

Because it's a $300 machine. For a PC to do the same you need a lot more money.

$500 soon due to tariffs
based trump

My point is that it's not impressive to have a 4x pixelcount increase over a last gen port, and it's outright disappointing to ruin that image with shitty lighting effects.

Oh. Well then you are just objectively wrong. No PC can do that on a PS3 game.

>No PC can play 7th gen games at 4k
Is this what you're saying, or did I just misread?

The thing is so loud I'm impressed it hasn't been memed into oblivion because of that.
I would advise buying it only for people who want jet noises for more immersion while playing Ace Combat 7.

PS3 exclusives.

>pcs don't play console exclusives
no shit?

At this point I'm not even sure the PS5 will. Remember all the promises that the PS4 would run at 1080p60?

Because snoy cheaped out on the hardware to the point of putting in a hardware accelerated checkerboarding chip since they knew it wasn't enough

It's funny how people kept falling for the same fucking lie over and over again. OG PS4 promised 1080p 60fps when just before they kept telling you on PS3 that 30fps is so much better than 60 and only losers cared about fps anyway. Then PS4 - supposedly more powerful than any PC would be for years - can't get 1080/60 so they announce PS4Pro (th-this time f-for real...!) and it fails at 1080/60 for most games and even its 4k is just fake.

>and it fails at 1080/60 for most games
actually the PS4 Pro is pretty good at hitting that target. Games like Ace Combat 7, Redout, Shadow of the Colossus perform really well on the PS4 Pro when targeting 1080p60.

It only turns to shit when they start aiming above that target. PS4 Pro is a great 1080p console, it's a garbage 4k console.

>uses shitty mobile CPU with GPU equivalent to a radeon hd 7850, a mid-range card from 2012 and a 5400rpm mechanical drive
>more powerful than any PC would be for years
Consolefags really fell for this?

I remember a shitton of (((game journalists))) bringing that exact talking point to the tabel and their readers and plebbit ate it up.

>Consolefags really fell for this?
both consoles were underpowered garbage, but the ps4 slipped under the radar because
>wrong ram
>always online
>more expensive
>mandatory kinect
was vastly easier to shitpost about

>750ti still routinely beats a PS4
It's that bad. And that's with Nvidia being jews and fucking over older cards.

>brown out fucked my console’s hard drive & I need to initialize to play again
>never payed for P$+ so I have no Cloud Saves
>will lose all my Yakuza 100% progression progress, all my Extra Battle SFV costumes, and all the Gravity Rush online content nobody can access anymore
>on top of having to spend hours redownloading everything all over again
I’m so goddamn angry right now, and I only have myself to blame for never making a USB backup.

Attached: 35A19A8A-3F8B-42DD-AA75-3C375D8F0DF1.jpg (616x617, 256K)

The PS4 Pro is garbage compared to the Xbone X.
>half as powerful
>no freesync
>no no 1440p output option
>not much price difference any more

Didn't xb1 have 32mb of faster ESRAM supposedly here to make up for the slower memory like the 360 did?

Judgment is not 60 FPS, Dragon Engine games are locked to 30 outside of PC, you can't go higher even on a Pro, and performance in 4k is worse than at 1080p with Judgment so the fact you're somehow getting 60 FPS when it has framedrops into the mid 20s at 1080p is interesting.

Yeah and it was just a little too small to be ideal. Just like it was on the 360, just like the framebuffer was on the Gamecube.

I'm considering getting an x1x before my launch 360 red rings on me. Do all 360/xbox games run at a higher resolution, or only specific x enhanced games?

i should have clarified sorry, people didn't fixate on the esram. the comparison at the time was the type of ram it used - both have shared memory for the gpu/operating system etc, but the ps4 uses gddr5 while the xbox one is ddr3 with a lower possible transfer rate, and that number (gb/s, i forget the numbers) is what people latched on

They all get downsampled if at 1080p and run at 4k native if at 4k. The games also hit whatever framerate target they originally had with no drops. Keep in mind only certain 360 and Xbox games are compatible and a lot of games in both libraries don't work at all, and if you want your saves from your 360 you have to pay for Gold and then upload all your saves to the cloud.

I don't know who this nobody is, but they sound fucking retarded. Films aren't games, and if you do anything competitive, 24fps isn't just garbage, it's a hindrance.

that's a dev on order 1886, that ps4 werewolf moviegame

>Do all 360/xbox games run at a higher resolution, or only specific x enhanced games?
Only X supported titles. The vast majoirty of the library therefore runs at those painful OG Xbone resolutions.

No big deal, 720p scales perfectly to 4k. Shame xbox games don't get a big resolution boost, but i can understand. The artwork probably wouldn't hold up above the original resolution.

The guy you're quoting clearly confused Xbone games with 360/Xbox, all BC titles have resolution upgrades to 1080p and 4k, they even redid stuff just so they could run at those resolutions which is why they have to go through a bunch of effort to release them in general. Xbone games are the ones that play at their regular release state just with more stable framerates (Essentially a system-wide Boost Mode from the PS4 Pro) unless they are X Enhanced titles (Everything after its release are). So this means that a game like Assassin's Creed Black Flag runs at 900p because the OG Xbone ran it at 900p, you don't jump up to 1080p like the PS4 has because the default resolution on OG was 900p.

That's not a beneficial credential. That game sucked, and was reviewed as such. He is definitely not someone to listen to.

I know there are a bunch of 360 games that get a 9x increase in resolution to native 4k on x, but the rest simply render at 720p as they do on the regular xb1.

How bad is Ace combat 7 on a PS4 slim?

dumb thing sounds like a jet turbine. my cat tries to sleep behind the dang thing because of how hot the thing runs

that's the joke

youtube.com/watch?v=1iDQEf5CHrU
about ~972p with unstable 60-50fps

Gotta put it in docked mode

Attached: images (6).jpg (600x350, 18K)

I don't know if it's only in the slim, but this fight was shit in the fps department.

Attached: valefar.jpg (1280x720, 160K)

Attached: 547687564358654.jpg (1440x1440, 572K)

Nice.

Try gt sport or wipeout omega and I think maybe resogun does 4k 60fps.

ps3 ports? impressive

Are you for real?

Gt sport and wipeout omega aren’t playable on the ps3 resogun is on ps3 but that wasn’t Op’s question he was asking about games in 4k60fps. Take your meds

I applaud

oh that's right, omega isn't a ps3 port, it's a vita port. my bad. that makes it better lol

>That fucking sońygger from yesterday having a meltdown again
Lmao

Attached: 1564415417289.jpg (1920x1080, 577K)

It has remastered content from those games how are you failing to understand that.

GT Sport doesn't render at 4K, since PS4 can't output 4K.
It output UHD, which GT Sport doesn't even render at anyway.

Go dilate fag

Dont argue with mentally ill trannies.

Wipeout is native but GT Sport is 1800p checkerboarded and downsampling gives a native resolution of 1230p (Which is reconstructed for checkerboard). Framerate sucks in that mode though so better off using 1080p mode instead.

Are you ok? I was joking about the take your meds thing but maybe you should get some help. Why are you freaking out about a console you don’t own?

>those resolutions and framerates
jfc what the hell were the devs doing
>Unreal Engine
of course

>only runs at 1080p60 on xbox one x
>ps4 pro runs at the same setttings, with better performance
jap coding I guess

Hot

>resolution doesn't count!!!

lol

Attached: Grand Theft Auto V 8_5_2019 9_48_14 AM.jpg (3840x2160, 1.58M)

>Are you ok?
Are you?
>I was joking about the take your meds
You haven't made a comment to me, that was my first comment in this thread. But since that's the level of where your argument is, then you should probably share the meds with the person you seethe with.

>Why are you freaking out about a console you don’t own?
This doesn't need to explaining since the above sentences explains this.

Attached: 59FCA23B-FE62-4BA3-AE70-1DEEE23F7B94.png (280x336, 10K)

Sorry, I didn't know you had autism.

Carry on then.