Starsector worth buying?

Just how much of a (((merchant))) can you be in this game?

Attached: merchantguild.jpg (1600x900, 1.21M)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/18438120
strawpoll.me/18428854/r
twitter.com/AnonBabble

is this game single player?

yes

I regularly create mass shortages of food and other goods by hunting all trade convoys to a given port, and then sell all the cargo at a grossly inflated price, make huge profits by arming terrorists, if I could get another faction to subsidize my stolen clay it would be the ultimate ((chosen people)) simulator.
Yes

Op here, is there a way to be full on Israel and just sit in your hyper-influential, rich base while causing chaos on the outside using only money and politics?

yes because the modders are fine with space kikes, just dont go space krauts or you'll get banned

Once you've got a top-tier base you're practically untouchable, and you can bribe other factions into fucking off and leaving you to your super-illegal AI research and use. (That probably destroyed a lot of humanity).
You're gonna have to take out terrorist bases though, those pricks will just keep sneaking in an snackbaring if they're supplied, and they can't be bought off.

Terrorist bases? You mean the Palestinians made it to space?

More or less, they drive oil tankers of peace and call you infidels and heretics, and infiltrate in tiny cells supplied by ramshackle bases in shithole systems nobody wants. Saudis are there too but they can be reasoned with and bought off.

Just remembered i got this 6 years ago, was there an update recently?

Hit 0.9.x recently and had a meme-laden review that crashed their site.

No, worse. Eceleb made a video about it.

Based.

I played this last 5 years ago, and only learned of the update from the meme eceleb.

The last update was months and months ago. The reason you didn't hear about it was because the threads have been moved to /vg/ and they die rather quickly nowadays.

Sseth is great though
>doesn't try to make shit about himself
>his vids inject popularity into a game and get discussion going for it
>usually discusses older or more obscure games (admittedly he's been going to the Yea Forums 3x3 games a bit too much recently)
>will actively suggest pirating shit and has linked downloads for games/emulators/bios if you're not completely sold on a game
>despite being a meme spouting retard, doesn't come off as an edgy tryhard (t. CrowBCuck)
>Is a successful Med Student IRL
Unless you're still butthurt about the SS13 greytide that he caused I don't get why you wouldn't like him

I don't mind some faggot making videos for jewtube, I mind underage b&, newfags, tourists, and plebbitors shitting up Yea Forums whenever it happens to such a point that the level of shit rises to my waist when it's normally around knee-level and tolerable. Piss off, turboqueer.

give me some meta builds

Ok that's enough buzzwords see you next Summer

Attached: 1468386717950.png (633x651, 943K)

Paragon with 8 phase lances
gg game

Fuck off, we are discussing a game here

No, you're not.
Summer hasn't ended in years, go back to whatever craphole spawned you.

paragon with 4 tach lance 4 grav beam and the rest pd. Roll play the deathstar killing rebels.

and what skills?

Is it viable to play the game with a lone ship just doing odd jobs?

Range, ESM, and then whatever else you want lol
Having high points and lots of vents/caps helps too.

Whats the general progression when colonizing? Should I just completely ignore everything about 150% hazard rating or is it worth it if its got a lot of resources?

>Should I just completely ignore everything about 150% hazard rating
Yes, unless it has ultrarich volatiles. Then you turn the planet or gas giant into a fuel production powerhouse and install the antimatter production increasing powerup on top of that. Enjoy having the largest fuel market share.

Round 2:
strawpoll.me/18438120

Round 1: Winner Independents!
strawpoll.me/18428854/r

Attached: neutral_traders.png (410x256, 29K)

what the problem here? its a niche game i would like to read some information about, still better than 9999x shitpost threads we see here daily about dark souls or nintendo shit

don't reply to him he's just trying to fit in

Because the forum faggots show up to do damage control and their half-ass attempts at running gay ops are insulting. Stop running gay ops.
Pic related.

Attached: epson-1450-projector-mainfrontmemglow.jpg (1500x1000, 109K)

what?

Attached: ss.png (1119x391, 358K)

Trading in the easiest way of making money

I would love to buy it but its not on steam. I ain't giving my payment info to some random site. Release it on an actual platform and i would check it out no problem.

Might pirate it if the itch to try it out won't go away.

Attached: 3a8.jpg (2560x1440, 1.69M)

popularity = BAAD
obscurity = GOOOD

I’ve got about 600k saves up as well as a decent fleet . Should I focus on getting a colony with a Nanoforge or focus on upgrading my fleet and getting s capital ship.

I've never once used anything in the combat tree.
Get the skills that lower maintenence, fuel, add flux capacity and ordnance points.
The rest depends on whether you plan to colonize or use carriers.