What could Dirty Bomb have done differently to avoid being fucked over enough to have to be bought out by Nexon and...

What could Dirty Bomb have done differently to avoid being fucked over enough to have to be bought out by Nexon and subsequently reamed in the ass by lootboxes?

Attached: csm_Dirty_Bomb_Video_image_47f30722c8[1].jpg (1200x628, 260K)

Not be called Dirty Bomb

Not sending half of their dev team to work on the gears of war during the height of its popularity, add an anti cheat

Nexon was the only reason it stayed alive though, it would have died long before it got remotely good if nexon didn't buy it out. They supported it until it got some players, THEN they added in lootbox shit. Otherwise it would have been where it is now, nowhere. Only a lot sooner, and before it saw anything close to enjoyable gameplay.

Maybe focusing on fixing and improving a game in fucking beta instead of pulling out an half-assed "competitive" mode that was a grindfest that nobody cares about.

They were too late for the good FPS fad and too early for the shitty BR fad. In my case, I never bothered with their game because I don't play F2P shit with shitty unlocks and/or lootboxes. A shame, since I probably have more than a thousand hours of RtCW + RtCW:ET played.

Your story is wrong. DB was never owned by Nexon, SD went into a partnership with them while retaining full rights to the IP. They made a really huge deal out of this around the last CB, which was when the partnership was solidified, because of what happened with their previous games. Nexon, meanwhile, pushed for them to enter OB long before they were ready, but aside from that the only thing Nexon handled were the servers, marketing, forums, and anti-cheat.
Lootboxes were also in before they even announced their partnership, and they affected fuckall. If anything, they were far better after the game entered OB because before hand bronze had 1 perk, silver had 2 perks, and gold had 3 perks. While the drop rates were higher, that meant you couldn't purchase cards with 3 perks and you had a small chance of even getting a card that wasn't ass.

Everything that went wrong with DB was SD's own fault. They threw Nexon under the bus towards the end of the game's life because nobody is going to bat an eyelash at people shit talking Nexon.

As for what they could have done better, a good start would have been never fucking adding aimpunch. They made the game specifically to appeal to the competitive community and then made an update that alienated everyone the game was supposed to be for.

Not have a retarded eceleb make a video calling the game shit for a made up reason.

who

I think the game is great. I think people have shit taste and the industry has gone to hell. DB made me lose my faith

Attached: splash-damage-adam-baines-resized4.jpg (1920x1080, 644K)

Attached: splash-damage-georgi-simeonov-gs-camden-attackersspawn-01.jpg (1920x1135, 404K)

The character/weapon unlock system is fucking stupid and ruined the game.

not releasing phantom

Probably shouldn't have abandoned the game for an entire year just as another class based hero shooter released and focused a little less on memes desu.
Splash Damage dropped the ball so hard, sure players were going to that new game because it was flavour of the month but they had no reason to ever go back to dirty bomb because they did absolutely nothing with it.

Then when they did restart development on it, they went about killing the game through bad decisions.

I love SD but they fucked up bad.

Probably talking about pissed pedro. He made a video when it came out and got turbo mad at the loot box system saying it was P2W.

>still play daily
>servers shutting down at the end of the year
>tfw absolutely no game to replace it
Overwatch is not shooter enough. Arena shooters have no sense of progression in the match like objective based ones. Every other shooter is a crouchy sneaky campy OHK shooter.

Enemy Territory remake with Dirty Bomb's wall and longjumps when?

SDK would go a long way with Dirty Bomb. The problem is the game is filled with third-party stuff that they legally can't give the reigns to the players.

People will still be able to host community servers, but I doubt those will be active. SD have a new IP in production so just hope it's a competitive FPS and they don't fuck it up this time.

As someone who went over to OW I can confirm it's not nearly shooter enough and gets less shooter as time goes on.
They finally added a hero with a burst rifle that feels good but the meta is filled with barriers.

I'd recommend finding a good battlefield rush server for BF3/4 etc maybe. Or just playing enemy territory.

meme potential is the only thing that determines the success of hero shooters
you need shippable characters and you need titty streamer bitches to get on your game

They have a few things in production iirc.
>Gears tactics
>Halo port
>unannounced project with world of tanks developer or some shit
>might still be responsible for gears multiplayer
I'm pretty sure the new IP isn't an independent one. I'd love it but they have so much going on that we won't see it for years anyway.

>I'm pretty sure the new IP isn't an independent one
It's not, but it's also not a contracted project. SD got bought by the same chicken company that owns Digital Extremes so they have an actual stable publisher now. That's why they were able to start mass hiring for DB, and those people are probably the ones working on the new IP while the same people that have been doing the contract work will continue to work on those.

I'm not sure what they were at prior to the acquisition, but they have 300 employees now so they definitely have room for multiple in-house teams.