No save feature

>No save feature
Honestly justify how you think this game is better than Mario World

Attached: super-mario-bros-3-db-title-card-375x375.png (375x313, 20K)

>too retarded to use the save feature

*gulps*

why didn't it have a save feature anyway? if you're not using warp whistles it's probably longer than SMW from start to finish.

just leave the game on bro

1. Game isn't very long
2. All Stars does exist
3. It's better because it has a better art style, better power ups is harder, has better music, and has better worlds

I don't.

just save state at the beginning of the world and after every fortress/castle

Bruh the game is like 2 hours

Infinitely superior map design and gameplay, mostly. World is kind of the worst 2D Mario outside Lost Levels. Even the NSMB games have more going for them.

Attached: 1546324692885.png (497x732, 634K)

NES games were generally designed to be playable in one sitting. This is a big reason why it was sort of a "teaching" game, to get you ready for later stages and even to make it easier for you to breeze through the early ones. World 1 shouldn't really take that long once you're good at it and are just doing the mandatory stages, and that's assuming you don't simply grab both warp whistles and immediately jump to World 8 that way.

i like the mechanics of SMW more (spin jumping and shell throwing are massive improvements that open up a lot more movement tech), but SMB3 has overall better level design, powerups, and overworld and secrets

As long as you keep the game on it "saves" your progress. Stop being a baby.

YI > 2 > W > 3 > 1

>more level variety
>more varied soundtrack
>wider selection of power ups

>muh aesthetics

Seriously though, I know it's almost entirely subjective in every case, but I just generally prefer 3 over world. World's music mostly being different arrangements of Athletic just bores me. The cape allows you to break the game more than the tails did in 3. Everything about World seems like it was done to make the game easier, Yoshi is literally a crutch which makes using him less fun.

I like 3's worlds over worlds...world. It felt like more of an adventure, flying to different islands, encountering shit like giants and the world where all the stages loop and you have to jump off screen to appear on the other side of the screen. That shit was imaginative and cool. World is just exploring one island with a some caves, some outdoors, and castles. It's not as exciting. 3 had shit you could interact with on the overworld maps, hidden stages, minigames, moving enemies, hidden coinships, chasing down airships. World had what? Some secret exits and a 'dead end' forest?

tl;dr 3 feels more like an adventure to different worlds. World feels more like trekking across an island.

Attached: 1538664902288.png (911x585, 781K)

SMB understood that the maps is also a part of the game, and had items that very specifically just for the map.
The hammer, the cloud, the music box, the anchor, the whistle.
Never since have Nintendo used the overworlds in this way and they are just using it as a transitional element between levels which renders that part of the game meaningless.

The people designing games at Nintendo should study SMB3 and understand all aspects of it.

Dancing bushes

SMB3 did the overworld differently than later games. Because SMB3 was intended to be played through fresh every time, and not revisit worlds after they've been completed, it was fine if you were able to "skip" over stages and lock yourself out of access to earlier stages. You'll also notice that stages are eliminated once completed and cannot be revisited. It's because SMB3 has a similar design concept to SMB1 in that regard: you are intended to keep moving forward rather than hang back. It doesn't matter if you can't access World 3-4 anymore because you're headed towards finishing the World and not being able to return anyways.

SMW and later Mario games instead used a perpetual save and free access to all the worlds you have access to. As such, locking yourself off from the earlier levels by bypassing a stage would cause more problems than it solves, especially if the player cannot complete the bypassed stage or the current one. It would force a game reset. That's not a concern with SMB3 (where it's assumed you start from scratch every game) but losing all your game progress in SMW, or especially something newer like NSMBU, would drive a lot of people away from the game. They don't want to replay all the stages in the game just to get back to a tricky point.

We would need to have another game like SMB3, where the stages are short with specific challenges, as opposed to the longer stages intended to be played once and maybe replayed, but otherwise just keeping progress as you play through the game.

NSMB is such a bastardization of the idea. 3 had randomized items so every playthrough felt a little different. Meanwhile NSMB just gives you so much shit you'llhave 3 of every item by the time you get to the first castle.There's no secrets either, that would be too much for the kids with ADD to handle, just """one""" spot in every world where you might run into an enemy. No worrying about a hammer bros using up it's turn on the world map to ambush you no siree.

SMB3 reminds me in many ways of one of my favorite games from back then, Little Nemo The Dream Master, which is in my opinion, a very solid game that captures the platform ethos of the time perfectly.
When SMB3 came out it was so different from many of the games at that time because of the overworld map. In SMB2 the transition between levels is just a screen informing you of which level you are in. In the gameboy version of SMB they also added in a map of sorts but it also just exists as a way of informing you.

The closest I think they did to implement the SMB3 overworld was in Galaxy with the Star Ship, which Miyamoto of course hated and demanded removed and retooled for Galaxy 2, where again there's little purpose for the overworld.

Attached: file.png (640x560, 437K)

Galaxy is just a glorified selection screen (Though to get power to different parts of the ship you have to beat the Bowser level in every dome). I guess the comet system is neat, I forget what triggers them. As far as I can tell 2 just removed the middleman of being booted back to the observatory.

bruh just use save states

Play the All Stars version moron.