A DUTY...... HONORABLY DISCHArged

A DUTY...... HONORABLY DISCHArged

Attached: Dow2_sm_dreadnought_campaign_portrait.png (184x208, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gX2FjJm2_YA
youtu.be/nb6cSEI1FLk?t=112
youtu.be/ioyLptGWKaw?t=231
youtu.be/JLLL0drCY8o?t=146
youtube.com/watch?v=bGjIVfUUx_w
youtube.com/watch?v=i7AC5M7F4ys
youtube.com/watch?v=J0RVf_511Eg
youtube.com/watch?v=IUhr77e8Eho
youtube.com/watch?v=-Fw99_ZTbvE
youtube.com/watch?v=NoXK2c665z4
youtube.com/watch?v=e1tCHVysyUs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I WILL PURGE THE UNCLEAN
DIE DIE DIE
BY HIS WORD

Name 1 army in any game that has a better and more fitting voice than the space marines in DoW 2.

YOU CANT

Attached: 1433987841589.png (184x208, 38K)

scout from tf2

Wazzup, Grandpa?

Attached: kd16p054lae31.jpg (750x742, 65K)

Since trading card games exist, can we finally PLEASE get a good turn-based 40k game that isn't ass?

greetings great great grandson

Attached: andrew-steel.jpg (548x623, 41K)

Is Chaos really that bland? I've never played MP so I only know how campaign units sound in 2.

Attached: 1449473357845.jpg (1598x1000, 395K)

I wish chaos rising and retribution were longer

dow2 eldar

what's the best army and why is it genestealers?

40K games will forever remain shovelware tier that's passable ish because GW doesn't want the games to overshadow the table top or else they lose a lot of their money, there's a reason why the games are always OKAY, even if they have a great idea or core gameplay they will never expand on it or put effort in it to make it a great game, the games are just there to advertise for table top and nothing else, with the exception of total warhammer if you count fantasy.

dawn of war 1+2, and space marine were great though.

the rest of your post is valid.

I want to blame Ward for this. Now I know how /pol/ feels against the Jews.

Mechanicus? It suffers from the difficulty falling out once you're over the first little hump, but otherwise it's good, if a little repetitive if grind missions.

>with the exception of total warhammer
That's only because GW nuked the entire setting so they don't consider total warhammer to be endangering the tabletop.

>DoW2
>all voice overs are boring
>space marines most fitting by default
well gee you sure showed us

Is this game good? How similar is it to Civ?

Attached: 18516ca8ab428529e58c73c72e10f14cb6a93f46.jpg (616x353, 42K)

Dark Eldar. They literally rape soul sisters, pretty based.

eh its alright. Needs a lot of polishing. Its just combat 4X and is pretty fun at times. Basically, just imagine if Civ's only victory option was domination

Its alright. If you know how to play civ then it won't take you much time to figure out what exactly you are doing. Its a bit more punishing especially in regards to the "not barbarians" roaming around but other than that the biggest difference is that there is no trade/diplomacy in the 41st millennium, only war.

CSM kinda suck but there are some good ones
youtube.com/watch?v=gX2FjJm2_YA

>Basically, just imagine if Civ's only victory option was domination
With how the AI is programmed to oppose the player specifically at all times instead of just do their thing, you don't have to imagine because that's what it always comes down to every time anyway.

waharblgarbl

Attached: td1.jpg (733x790, 164K)

I bought one of these Nemesis Greynigger Alien-Loader and I'm gonna stick an ork in it. There's a bunch of spergs where I play who masturbate over the lore constantly, so I'm hoping the resident greynigger player will get pissy over it.
>counts as deff dread

Attached: 1442582388521_5011921053582__36683.1512588119.jpg (1280x843, 453K)

Ah hell I'm just gonna post some of my favorites
youtu.be/nb6cSEI1FLk?t=112
youtu.be/ioyLptGWKaw?t=231
youtu.be/JLLL0drCY8o?t=146

DoW 2's voices aren't as memorable because of the sheer quantity of lines each unit gets. Watching a fight and hearing a very specific bark like "Enemy space marines near the pipes" or "Slugga boys flanking us" or the fact that every unit has multiple responses for seeing and attacking almost every other unit in the game gave me some newfound appreciation for 2.

youtube.com/watch?v=i7AC5M7F4ys

BACK TO THE EYE, SLAVE.

>DoW2
Oh come the fuck on, DoW2 has the most BORING voice lines fucking ever. After playing DoW1 you can tell they got PUSSIFIED and didn't imprint the zeal, the fanaticism and the SOUL in the game.

>emorable because of the sheer quantity of lines each unit gets.
They're shit because they had no inspiration like the first one. You can tell where they were having fun with scripts and how DoW2 wasn't fun at all to do.

I blame an executive order to make SM all good boys like. Fucking stupid.

You fucking what? DoW2's lines surpass 1 by a mile. DoW2 even has your fucking funny quiplines you redditorial retard.

>Drive me closer! I wish to hit them with my sword.

Sorcerer in 1 is vastly superior to 2. Not that user, btw.

>DoW2 even has your fucking funny quiplines you redditorial retard.
>
>>Drive me closer! I wish to hit them with my sword.
Oh how cute. I will take notice of it in my I don't give a fuck book.
DoW2 was the beginning of the end. Relic was too good for this world and they got only into decline.

Probably one of the very very few good voices in DoW2 while DoW1 had more zeal and soul to almost every character.

>Start Chaos in MP
>youtube.com/watch?v=J0RVf_511Eg plays

>youtube.com/watch?v=IUhr77e8Eho
>HERE IS A SPLENDID CATHEDRAL OF PAIN AND BLOOD WORTHY OF A BLACK CRUSADE!

The only voice I wish remained was Eliphas in DoW2. Steve Blumias is okay but I prefer the old Eliphas. I guess he got his vocal chords re-arranged in the basilica of torment even though the Daemon Prince fucking atomized him into a pool of blood.

>A hostile Sorcerer must now explain is failings to Tzeentch

kino

I came here to post mecha papashka

Attached: 1559946406220.gif (512x512, 313K)

>youtube.com/watch?v=-Fw99_ZTbvE
>DON'T HIT ME... but dat won't work.
>Can't be done. NOT MY FAULT
>We gotchu wunna dem POWAH NODEZ
>DA ENEMY JUST SEPARATED OUR MEKBOY FROM I'Z OWN 'EAD

Attached: 1543544836200.jpg (682x1024, 200K)

Initiating construction

IT IS THE DUNEBUGGY

>EY, BOSS, WE LOST... um... DAT TING!?!
>OOH, BOSS, YOU'RE SO KUNNINGLY BRUTAL

HEY GUYS, ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO DOW3?! I MEAN FUCKING HELL, IT'S GOING TO BE GREAT, THE PREQUELS WERE TONS OF FUN.
NO FUCKING WAY DOW3 IS GOING TO BE A DUMPSTERFIRE!

Attached: DoW3.mp4_snapshot_00.41.876.png (640x368, 241K)

AK-47S FOR EVERYONE

cute

>>A hostile Sorcerer must now explain is failings to Tzeentch
"Not like you didn't see this one coming"

Anyone else played Martyr? I have mixed feelings.
The inner space ship environment is cool too bad you wont see anything from it bc you just hig trough the level for your next shiny gear drop. The other levels are so mediocre it hurts. Characters look okay but some of the dialogues are so uninteresting and lack feel.
There is also a cower system which I never used, i just grab my hreatsword and jump in the middle and hack away.
Also I think this arpg does not match with w40k. Why do I even play this game?

Attached: Untitled1800x1200.jpg (800x1200, 180K)

Nigga what?
youtube.com/watch?v=NoXK2c665z4
youtube.com/watch?v=e1tCHVysyUs

Both are great, but if you think the one in DoW is better than McNeil's ham, you're outta your mind.

THOSE WHO STAND WITH ME SHALL BE MY BROTHER

It's shit, we wasted our money, get over it.

Attached: 1554610506218.jpg (800x1123, 263K)

Is the imperium looting gear from the orks now?

Attached: plague_marines.jpg (850x940, 79K)

WHILST THE ENEMIES OF THE EMPEROR STILL DRAW BREATH, THERE CAN BE NO PEACE.

Marneus Calgars gauntlets were looted from a dead chaos champion (maybe even a demon champion) so now that Rowboat is awake I doubt they have any qualms about taking what works.

It's diablo in the 40k universe.
The cover system is more for ranged classes but even then I barely use it.
The funniest thing is that you play as a lone Inquisitor but you can kill entire companies worth of chaos Marines by yourself every mission along with hordes of demons and cultists. Even fight a great unclean one and win all by yourself.
If this actually happened in the lore, they'd proclaim you a living saint.

AN OPEN MIND IS FORTRESS WITH ITS GATES UNBARRED AND UNLOCKED.

>The funniest thing is that you play as a lone Inquisitor but you can kill entire companies worth of chaos Marines by yourself every mission along with hordes of demons and cultists. Even fight a great unclean one and win all by yourself.
So it's just a story about one of the people you find in Wards codexes or the pulpier black library books.

The latter just sounds like a glorified cultist, my man. The one in 1 fucking radiates power. POWER, MOTHERFUCKER.

Attached: All_Is_Dust_by_MajesticChicken.jpg (384x708, 156K)

>GW doesn't want the games to overshadow the table top or else they lose a lot of their money
That's some stupid fucking reasoning and you're a moron for parroting it. They're two different markets and they could benefit from both.
The fact is that AAA developers don't see the franchise as something with potential to sell millions of copies, so it's not worth the investment.

Fuck year, rape is based am I right fellow centipede? So epic.

If anything, they'll probably find the idea fun
t. lorefag.

show me on the doll where the slaneesh player touched you. you can point at multiple places.

I think it's more likely that AAA devs would want more control of the IP
if they can make a game that sells a lot why would they need to piggyback on this IP?

>That string of lines in the DoW II video starting at 4:03 and ending at 4:18

THROUGH DEATH TO DAEMONHOOD

DoW2 is one of the best games ever made.

not close to the top in warhammer games, not close to the top in real time tactical games. you're either looking for (you)s or you've got a limited scope

Gretchin are too pure for this world.

>not close to the top in warhammer games
It's the best Warhammer game.

This, if anything they'll be impressed someone went through the trouble of buying and kitbashing the figurines.

CAN NONE OF YOU KILL MMEEEEEEEE!!?

Attached: ChaosDreadnought.jpg (960x598, 91K)

Chaos Gate or Dark Omen were better and preceeded it.

>were better
Nah. Not saying that they are bad, but DoW2 is almost perfect. I'm still playing it after 10 years.

fair enough. I have to admit I love how they portrayed Tarkus as the epitome of a marine and Bludflagg as a tru freeboota despite my other issues with the game, which aren't worth repeating.

>CAN NOTHING CRACK THIS SHELL?

Attached: kys.jpg (900x599, 56K)

>space marines voice in dow3
>dreadnought voice in dow3

Attached: 1495856957204.png (1025x756, 822K)

I hardly even remember characters from campaigns. Last time I played them was in 2011 on the release of Retribution.

kek, i've never played DoW III but i still have my 50% discount ticket for that game on steam (bought the complete DoW I & II in a steam sale 2 weeks after DoW III release and received that shit just for that)

Mechanicus is ok. The feel is incredible, but the gameplay itself gets a bit lame after you kill the first 2 bosses.

Ironically better than the Dreadknight.

It's fine.

>Ironically better than the Dreadknight.
So is stepping in dogshit, slipping over, landing on your dreadknight, crushing it, and just not ever admitting to owning a dreadknight.

I don't own a Dreadknight. Not until they remodel it.

>I don't own a Dreadknight
No one should. They should be melted down, turned into a giant plastic middle finger, and sent to GW so they can forward it onto ward.

But hey, what are conversions for? There are some that turn the darn thing into something actually good looking.

Just a friendly reminder that AoS is the superior setting.

Attached: Soul Wars.png (970x545, 893K)

Superior in what? Absurdity?

True.

He sounds so depressed and angry litterally me

Interesting factions and lore, is constantly updated with new stuff and, due to being a "new old" setting, can still include the best stuff from the Old World without being constrained by the established rules of that setting.

Attached: Nighthaunt.jpg (1000x735, 135K)

>AoS
>Interesting factions and lore

Either bait or pure pleb tier opinions.

Attached: laughing frog and lizards.png (1000x666, 1.18M)

the entire primaris range is dumb and overpriced

>because GW doesn't want the games to overshadow the table top or else they lose a lot of their money,
Ah, the Konami philosophy

Tell me, how much have you read into AoS? Or are you perhaps one of those retards who took a quick look at the Stormcast and started spouting "SIGMARINES LMAO", without even giving the setting a chance?

This makes for a good defftread

Age of Sigmar literally has an ongoing story that keeps getting updated alongside new releases and campaign books.

>Interesting factions
Not!Space Marines, Not!Squats, Chaos Warriors that aren't metal vikings are interesting for you? OK, will give credit that the Sylvaneth have nice looks.

>Interesting lore
The lore is bullshit. It's like trying to combine He-Man and The Masters of The Universe with Norse Mythology. It's too ridiculous, too fantastic and it also smells like how WarCraft is now.

>can still include the best stuff from the Old World without being constrained by the established rules of that setting
So where are Tomb Kings and Bretonnia?

You mean Blood Bowl

I tried to get into it when the Sylvaneth came out (I love me some treepeople) but found the lore to be extremely fucking dull and boring, especially with how every fucking "realm" was basically just some abstract, infinite elemental plane with basically no fixed locations or anything around which you could form a coherent idea of what the fuck the place your dudes are supposed to even be fighting for is.

Superior game, but the setting is .... limited.

No one respond to the age of smegmar shill

>A fantasy setting is too fantastical!

Way too fantastic. Warhammer Fantasy at least had some grounding. That and normal people capable of fighting Chaos instead of not!Space Marines.

>especially with how every fucking "realm" was basically just some abstract, infinite elemental plane with basically no fixed locations or anything around which you could form a coherent idea of what the fuck the place your dudes are supposed to even be fighting for is

That's wrong, though. Every realm is stablest at its center, which is where most settlements and cities are. The further you venture from the center, the more pronounced the effects of the wind of magic the realm is associated with.

>Normal people fight against chaos
>Chaos wins and blows up the fucking planet
>Sigmar thinks to himself; "Well shit, better not let that happen again" and creates his own juiced up warriors to contest those of chaos
>This is bad because it interferes with my HFY fantasies

>Chaos wins and blows up the fucking planet
CHAOS WON BECAUSE GW WANTED IT. The End Times were filled with so much skub writing (especially the fucking part with the Elves was rage inducing), that very well people ignore it.

No, it's bad because you can't have underdog humans fighting against the big bad guys. That's like a staple of any fantasy world featuring humans. Also End Times was a GW shitpost epic, and anything that happened was EXTREMELY forced
Not even the guy you're replying to btw.

When the maps given for each realm look like this shit your post smells like just an excuse for the abysmal worldbuilding.

Attached: Age of sigmar map.jpg (1540x2000, 863K)

That's the center of Shyish. And Shyish is a poor example to dig up because, as GW puts it;

>Consisting of a series of underworlds, the geography of Shyish is incomprehensible to mortal minds, each of the races of the Mortal Realms interpreting it in their own ways and after their unique customs.

>IT DOESN'T COUNT BECAUSE I DIDN'T LIKE IT

The absolute state of WHFB fags

Nice excuses

>IT DOESN'T COUNT
Ah, you're retarded. Nevermind, I thought we were going to have an actual discussion. I forgot people that like sigmarines are retarded.

don't buy it
its utter shit

If the only reason you can give as to why the End Times and AoS are bad is "I don't like it", there's really no argument to be had there to begin with, now is there?

If "I don't like it" is all you get from my post, then you definitely are retarded.
It's ok user! Retards can get jobs at walmart nowadays!

Are you or Oh wait, it doesn't matter because both posts claim that the End Times were forced with absolutely no backing arguments for such a claim. And I'd like you to back up such a claim in the first place, that the author of a setting somehow forces changes in the setting they have full creative control over. What they did was take the story and setting in a direction you do not personally like, and you try to paint it as an objectively bad move because you cannot cope with that fact.

Pushed balance too far aside for "this is fucking awesome!" the same kind of thinking GW moved away from when they neutered 2nd ed 40k ironically which was herohammer, pointsink armies and gretchin overwatch.

I do honestly wonder if every rule book and codex they make is in a vacuum because the amount of times they repeat the same mistakes with a different veneer is odd.

What balance issues specifically does AoS have?

you'll find all my complaints on

Seems like a convenient dodge. Surely you can mention just one glaring balance issue the game has?

>Surely you can mention just one glaring balance issue
Not without derailing further and getting the mods onto this thread.
taking the shitpost +4 invulnerable save here