Hello fellow anonymous. Boomer here. I missed the whole nintendo gen from gamecube to wii u...

Hello fellow anonymous. Boomer here. I missed the whole nintendo gen from gamecube to wii u. Should I just get a wii u as most are on sale. I really want to play nintendo titles after I played kirby with my daughter it brought me back to the snes and n64 days. Or should I just go for the switch?

Attached: 1565122997414.webm (640x360, 1.69M)

Get a Wii or a Switch, skip the Wii U, it stinks.

The Wii is an amazing console if you softmod it, which is super easy. Not only do you have access to the entire gamecube library, the wii had some pretty decent games too. Not to mention nintendo is ironically the best at making n64 emulators so the virtual console n64 games you get run fucking amazing. Plus you can get project M.

It's a great console tbqh

Unless your PC is as old as you are you can pretty easily emulate every GC and Wii title, you'd just have to make custom binds for motion controls and use the mouse as the pointer or something.

plus there's virtual console exclusives that you can't get anywhere else for some dumb reason, like a couple of castlevania and contra games

Source is Melonpan. Millionaire Swiss banker and ascended weeb.

OH HESTIA

wii u plays gamecube to wii u and most switch games

Why do you type like a cop?

I wish I had lots of money.

Ive seen what a pc can do but my daughter has to have ease of use. So not messing with drivers and all that.Lou

Wii U is a Wii, you can use to play Wii and even GC games, both with their respective controllers. And the cherry on the top of the cake is that you can play Wii U games too. You also get virtual console, so enjoy n64/snes/nes(...)

The Wii U is already hackable, so enjoy emulators and homebrew. The Wii U is the perfect retro compatibility Nintendo console you can get.

But, if you are interested in the fresh stuff, get the switch. I would wait for more for a PRO or more games but remember, the Wii U will always become cheaper as the times goes on.

Attached: 1564230997880.jpg (265x408, 19K)

If you go this route you need to kick it back into wii mode to do the virtual console stuff, otherwise they put this weird dark filter over everything and it looks like shit. So you need to use your wii u to emulate a wii emulating an n64 game.

As a Linux user, I've done worse to get running the games I want.

also I don't think a wiiu has gamecube memory card slots? That probably isn't a deal breaker for most but my wii has problems saving shit to my usb drive so I like using the memory cards

Oh it isn't a huge hoop to jump though, I just think it's amusing what the wiiu has to do to make some games run

Didn't he get fired from his banking job and now works for DHL?

He got fired from DHL like next day

You can remove the dark filter now.

Fug. Any idea of what he does now, because I haven't really been paying much attention to him for a while

Well hot dog that's good to hear

for snes and n64 you can just download some emulator it doesnt take any computer skills to use one

Not sure, but he still has cash. Hes going to Japan in fall