Best Silent Hill coming through

Best Silent Hill coming through
I am so depraved of Silent Hill content that I constantly post on Yea Forums because I want to talk about my favorite game series. Please respond. This is all I have left.

Attached: silent hill 4.jpg (220x284, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZhCPd1WnqCs
silenthill.fandom.com/wiki/21_Sacraments
youtube.com/watch?v=8PZq---4nmU
youtube.com/watch?v=a7-HrspiKfY
youtube.com/watch?v=Ffqre27h_0c
mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk
mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8
mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE
widescreenfix.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/
youtu.be/fFVwI487ORo
github.com/elishacloud/dxwrapper/issues/6#issuecomment-402207990
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE
mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc
pastebin.com/6B3qZs4S
imgur.com/gallery/hKjzz
youtube.com/watch?v=MovNH7mBhGc
youtube.com/watch?v=hSkR9HXAeAk
ebay.ca/itm/Ultra-Rare-Silent-Hill-4-PC-Big-Box-Complete-Authentic-US-CAD-Release/223474987790?hash=item340825b30e:g:XcgAAOSwjr5cqnd2
youtube.com/watch?v=XF3xCifQ290&list=RDMMXF3xCifQ290&start_radio=1
youtube.com/watch?v=2NGDwfDGBrM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You know what to do, user.

Attached: noose.png (640x385, 209K)

*devoid
I fucked up my bad

Make your own Silent Hill.

Yeah, whatever
I never finished it because I got filtered by the ghosts

this ngl should b easy especially with resources w have to day only thing thats hard is the actors
composing is piss easy just get afew samples ez pz
dozenas of free sound effects online+ anims +6 guie to make models
u just need a good writer too desu
nigga just run past them

>this ngl should b easy

Attached: pepe laugh.jpg (251x242, 10K)

>I got filtered by the ghosts
Did you actually try to fight them? You are supposed to run away from them. Once you have the Sword of Obedience, though, you can show them who's boss.

Attached: sword of obedience.jpg (230x219, 4K)

who is the best silent hill girl? I choose Eileen.

Attached: sh eileen.jpg (1000x1580, 147K)

none
all of them look like dykes except that spanish bitch
she cute ngl

for me, it's cynthia

Attached: cynthia.jpg (1024x564, 40K)

Based ngl poster

With how obsessed Yea Forums is I'm surprised there isn't a wojack edit of this game's cover already.

I know, but I never got that far either. I just got tired of them cornering me while trying to explore the subway

origins doesnt count

Attached: lisa.png (297x400, 135K)

for me, it's corset Cynthia.

Attached: cn.png (1920x1080, 2.06M)

He did nothing wrong

Attached: 619191-walter.jpg (552x640, 41K)

he was just angry about getting circumcised

this
i couldnt care less about eileen or thewhatthehellman i was glad that i got the """bad""" ending

Is it cheating to say Heather?

Attached: 1423967396471.jpg (1024x768, 105K)

I don't blame you. The subway section can be annoying if you don't know where to go, especially with the escalator sections.
Every time I want to replay it, I remember the subway part and lose all motivation.

Attached: escalators.jpg (290x218, 11K)

I really tried to like 4 and expected to as I have a history of liking weird entries that aren't popular, but I gotta say 4 just doesn't click with me at all. It's kinda ugly, the pacing is weird, the combat sucks, there's only one good monster. The sound effects are kind of bad too at least in regards to some monsters. Those hospital enemies make stock burp noises every time you hit them like what? I know this post is an unorganized smattering of stuff that came to mind, but that's kinda what the game feels like too.

how is it cheating?

It's been a while since I played SH4. I remember he treated the room as his mother, and his corpse was hidden in the room. Why did he kill people again?

Attached: heather smile.png (1394x865, 705K)

for some weird ritual to "awake" the room or some shit. didnt make much sense

to revive mother or somethign?
who knows i forgot honestly

>Those hospital enemies make stock burp noises every time you hit them like what?
Oh boy, I had forgotten about the burping nurses.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZhCPd1WnqCs

aha found it bro
silenthill.fandom.com/wiki/21_Sacraments
not sure if you can trust SHwiki trannies tho

Is Walter the craziest character in Silent Hill canon? Nothing he did or believed made any fucking sense.

If I had a drink I would've spit it out the first time I fought one dude. I couldn't believe it.

Ever played Afraid of Monsters, or Cry of Fear? They feel pretty similar to SH.

No matter how long I live, I will never not laugh when I remember that shitshow.

Attached: 1430452786109.png (379x416, 181K)

nah, but ill try them now. thanks user

I've been thinking about getting an SH tattoo for years, should I go for it?

you shouldn't
unless it's Robbie the rabbit on your ass like Cynthia

I can't blame the guy as he had the shittiest life possible.

Most of the time people want a tattoo but later they regret it because they are no longer infatuated with something. If you've been thinking for years then maybe get it. Dont make it too vidya related though. Make it subtle, so if you show it to anyone they think its cool instead of "that loser got a vidya tattoo"

Oh, right, the 21 sacraments. I recall Henry was the last sacrifice to complete the ritual. Not gonna lie, the part where the former room inhabitant descends from the ceiling and Henry's room is no longer safe was silly, but the last part where he keeps repeating "kill" was pretty good.
youtube.com/watch?v=8PZq---4nmU

if I'd go for it, it would be probably the halo of the sun symbol on my arm somewhere, people probably wouldn't know what it's about and might think it just looks cool
the reason I've been thinking about it for so long is because I basically grew up with the series and it reminds me of some of the best years of my youth desu

Glad I finished SH4 but I had to read a guide for the second time back to the city area, shit was starting to drag on

sounds good. Im no expert though, think long and hard about this decision.

thanks m8 will do

looking at this pic reminds me of Jennifer Lopez another inspiration from Tarsem's The Cell?

My favorite parts of SH4 were when you got to explore your apartment in first person. It was really comfy until things around you started going crazy.

Attached: silent-hill-silent-hill-2-1s-silent-hill-3-silent-39229928.png (500x655, 173K)

Attached: heather gang.webm (1920x1080, 1.14M)

what did i miss, it sounds so familiar

>Owns a gun, always prepared
>Short tempered, no time for bullshit
>Beats perverts on a daily basis
>Recognize Walter's fucked up even though he's just a kid and STILL confronts him about it making him shit his pants
>Zero fucks given
>Flirts with Eileen despite her being half his age
>Probably banged her regularly before Henry
>Classic slick hairstyle
>Exquisite taste in ties
>Business casual outfit indicates he's employed and a contributing member of society
>Even though he gets killed by a hippie hobo junkie, he becomes the only ghost to walk AND teleport aside Walter, proving he was way more powerful than he appeared to be
Lads, I believe SH4 focused on the wrong protagonist.

Attached: Richard Chad Braintree.png (370x434, 191K)

youtube.com/watch?v=a7-HrspiKfY
tldw: Top mod of the Silent Hill wiki edits Walter's page to say that he may be crazy because he was circumcised. Other mods and users call the top mod out on this because it makes no sense. Top mod goes on a temper tantrum about circumcision.

>walks on sewer water

Are any of the post-4 games worth bothering with?

Attached: 1411436299133.jpg (500x334, 80K)

I wish they wouldve distorted the voice for the last part, like when something is running out of battery

But damn, the sounds and music in SH4 give this game so much more fucking athmosphere

>tfw no eileen gf

Attached: sad pep.jpg (488x550, 35K)

Anyone has the "just a joke" webm from SH3?

Attached: 1561147418236.jpg (1130x1524, 503K)

a lot of people like origins because it plays just like the previous SH games, but honestly it's trash if you ask me, shits on the lore real hard and has dumb mechanics like carrying around 30 tvs and 50 toasters in your pocket you can throw at enemies

some even say downpour is not that bad and has good stuff in it, but even if it has some, there are too much shit to enjoy any of them desu

honestly, I'd say shattered memories might be worth it, it is the most different from the original SH games, it's basically a reimagination of the first game and only has the names from it, but at least it's interesting and you don't feel like it's a rushed, broken piece of shit like most of the other games post SH4

a .gif

Attached: 1509660532832.gif (245x200, 974K)

tattoos are fucking gay, if you want to show your love for something toil away by making something of your own or share the love with other people. tattoos are just signs of vanity.

Why is Frank so goddamn weird?

Attached: FrankSunderland.png (350x398, 153K)

Someone posted a webm of this a while back, thanks anyway fren

Attached: qt.png (206x328, 158K)

Maria

Was he a neet?

Attached: HenryT.jpg (209x242, 6K)

What can we do to save silent hill? we need another games please answer me.

Honestly let it die

Cynthia always reminded me of Doris

Attached: doris.jpg (210x240, 8K)

You forgot

>Doesn't shake Henry's filthy hand, keen awareness of hygiene

but yes, we need more of this guy

Richard has all the qualities of a good protagonist, but just because he can do the job doesn't mean he'd do it better than Henry.

>resourceful, can make weapons just from random objects in his apartment
>completely unflappable, gives no emotional response to even the most bizarre sights
>master of hand-to-hand combat, doesn't even need guns
>can invoke super armour at will
>impeccable grooming discipline; looks and dresses like a model even after five days without human contact
>Walter had to kill him last because if Henry were a ghost no one else would have survived long enough to serve as the Receiver of Wisdom

Attached: NOT SO FAST, MOTHERFUCKER.webm (480x360, 1.27M)

>stupid 3rd person slow walking simulator with shitty combat, and randomXD japanese incoherent horror made solely for weeaboo hipsters
no thanks

he looks like Veruca Salt's dad

Attached: Rupert Salt.jpg (480x316, 18K)

ebin post friend XD upboated

>randomXD japanese incoherent horror
I know you're just shitposting, but come on now, at least try

Which is your fave Yea Forums?

Attached: 1506374759101.jpg (2092x3560, 1.95M)

make it so you can play the first 4 in virtual reality somehow

EU or JP
americans got jewed hard

Only on 3 and 4 I think. I like 1 and 2's.

There is nothing that can be done. We already dodged a bullet with Kojima being fired before he could retroactively destroy every installement of the franchise with his cringe. Let it rest in peace.

EU by far

You need to hit the lever
youtube.com/watch?v=Ffqre27h_0c

NA SH1 and EU the rest.
JP looks cool but also dirty and disgusting.

EU by a longshot. JP is acceptable, but surprisingly dissapointing, especially SH2's

Japan's 2 is by far the worst because it's literally a spoiler for one of the most interesting moments of the game.

yeah US sh2 is the only one i even like.

He would have stayed in his room if he was a real neet.
I know I would.

ONLY Wii's SH:SM.

>implying kojima could ruin the series any further
I literally never even played any of his games and I still believe he couldn't do any worse than we've already got, plus PT was cool and got pretty much everyone hyped for a new silent hill game

It has the best setting/premise, even better than SH2. The twilight zoneish aspect of being unable to leave your apartment is top tier. However everything else is terrible. Clunkiest gameplay in the series, limited inventory, forced level repetition etc... I'm glad I played it but I will never touch it again for as long as I'm alive, unlike literally every other entry. I even replay Homecoming and Origins every few years, they are fun horror games on their own if you can suspend the >lore autism.

SH4 is just tedious as fuck. Shame because it has some of the most kino moments in the series, like when you breach the wall in your apartment.

That's not SH: Origins.
That's not Silent Kino: Shattered Memories.

>I am so depraved of Silent Hill content that I constantly post on Yea Forums because I want to talk about my favorite game series. Please respond. This is all I have left.

Pretty much me, even the stuff that hasn't died has turned into something that confuses and scares me. Even Zelda is dead to me now.

All of them.

PS2 version has less annoying controls.

The fact it has a PS2 version is news to me.

PS2 version runs and looks WAY worse in every possible way. The key element of the game, the ice, looks like painted cardboard on PS2. It even hinders some cutscenes, since most of the transparency and shine the ice is supposed to have is completely gone. Even the PSP port looks a tiny bit better.

Besides, the controls were part of the experience. They may come across as mere gimmicks, but answering to your phone by listening to the Wii-mote's speaker is pretty cool.

This. Played it on Wii, and it never bothered me and the controls felt very deliberate catered to it, the only hilarious exception being the house-coloring segment, which just adds to its charm.

*deliberately catered to it

I have nothing to contribute, but I'm about to start playing this series for the first time

>not a single one of you tried to claim laura as your huggy-fu
its like you guys are TRYING to be faggots lmao

Attached: And then one day out of nowhere hitler etc etc.jpg (1080x1335, 171K)

Hey, good luck. Great times. Don't play 3 on hard puzzle for your first playthrough.

are you gonna start with SH1 or 2? it's fine if you don't bother with emulating SH1, but you miss out on one of the greatest horror titles of all times desu
if you have a ps1, you HAVE to play it, but as I said, you're gonna be fine if you start with 2, it's the favourite of the majority of SH fans (mine is SH1 though), SH3 is also great, but it's connected to SH1, so there's another reason to not skip the first game, but it's really good on it's own anyway, some of the most beautiful games ever created if you ask me, especially knowing it was made for the fucking PS2, they did an amazing job
SH4 is still good, but much weaker than the first 3 if you ask me, anything that came out after is up to you if you want to play them, but don't expect anything that makes the original series great, some of them has nice horror stuff in them, but they're like a different genre

I'm playing them in order so I'll start at 1. I'm going to stop after 4 though because I heard the series is awful from that point

cool, I'm sure you're gonna have a great time, try and play them at night or in the dark with headphones if you have the chance, all of them has great sound design and are really atmospheric

Attaboy!
SH1 is still my very favorite after all these decades, and definitely one of the spookiest experiences I know of. The OG trilogy has tons of replay value too, so don't ditch any of the games after a single playthru'.
And yeah, you really don't miss a thing by stopping at SH4. The only later game I would check out would be the Shattered Memories on Wii, with the disclaimer that you should not expect it to be a "survival horror" game.

BTW, I did not see the SH PC Guide ITT. Let's fix that:

SH1 NTSC DDL:
mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH2 torrent:
mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE

>SH2 PC fixes site:
widescreenfix.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/
>tl;dr how to install this shit video tutorial + bare essentials pack:
youtu.be/fFVwI487ORo
>SH2 Audio Replacement:
github.com/elishacloud/dxwrapper/issues/6#issuecomment-402207990

SH3 DDL:
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH3 torrent:
mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c

SH4 DDL:
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

Mount the ISOs of 2 & 3, and then run their installers like always.
DON'T use W10's own virtual disc app! Don't install under C:\Program Files\ !
The SH1 is a PS1 rip that you gotta emulate.

All the info & links you'll ever need:
pastebin.com/6B3qZs4S

Follow the SH2 widescreen fix site's instructions to the teeth, and you should be fine.
For 3 & 4, check the Guide.

>Protips:
Play the games in release order, and don't play on Easy mode.
Multiple playthroughs per game is very recommended.
Lower the in-game Brightness, crank up volume.
Turning OFF flashlight helps a ton!

Attached: SH PC Guide MAY 2019 v2,3.png (1281x5183, 1.92M)

>you're gonna be fine if you start with 2
I will never ever agree with this.
It was not too long ago when some newbie-user was cursing himself for not playing the games in release order, and essentially ruining both 1 and 3 by playing the latter first. Contrary to the popular claims, playing SH1 first does benefit SH2's experience as well.

EU covers

Attached: IMG_20180711_175017.jpg (1833x1415, 897K)

>that many Playstation console games in one picture
>no black guy's hand visible
It's mandatory

>It even hinders some cutscenes, since most of the transparency and shine the ice is supposed to have is completely gone.
This little affects only one scene early in the game. It's otherwise extremely solid.
>Even the PSP port looks a tiny bit better.
No it didn't. The PSP version is a technical marvel, but it is drastically downgraded from the PS2 version. The texture quality takes a massive hit, scene geometry is often very different (simpler), and it's generally just downgraded across the board. It's actually kinda crazy how different the three versions are. Something as simple as Kaufman's office has a different bar with different bottles, different lighting fixtures, different colour scheme, etc across the three versions.

>The PSP version is a technical marvel, but it is drastically downgraded from the PS2 version
just like PS2's is from the Wii

Attached: SH-SM Wii vs PS2.jpg (720x960, 60K)

So does the sword actually disable the ghost for the rest of the entire game? I didn't have the guts to leave any ghost impaled because I was afraid they would just come back and I would lose a sword in the process.

>So does the sword actually disable the ghost for the rest of the entire game?
yes

Impaling disables a ghost 4 ever but you don;t have enough swords to pin down all of them. Luckily there's an item that allows you to minimize that stupid migrane effect allowing you to focus on impaling the world specific ghosts.

Holee shit I played the wrong version of Shattered Memories for sure.

>Stores some kid's umbillical cord for no reason

Seems pretty normal to me

Oh wow that's helpful, I only really care about impaling the world specific ghosts anyway since they all come to harass you at the end of the game.

>SH1 first does benefit SH2's experience as well.
how? they're unrelated.

NA, JP, EU, EU

Attached: 86456453123.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

>the Sword
there are like 5, you should only use them on the most annoying ghosts

False. SH1 establishes the premise for SH2 and explains how any of the things that you see in that game are possible. Snobs who only play SH2 and think that everything in that game "was just a metaphor" is the reason why we got all of those shitty western SH's that tried rehasing the plot SH2 in increasingly hamfisted ways.

The point I'm getting at is that contrary to popular belief, the PS2 version is VERY different to the PSP version visually. It's basically:

Wii >> PS2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PSP. It's a rather impressive game on all platforms.
imgur.com/gallery/hKjzz

I feel ya user. Silent hill 1-4 is legit my favorite game series of all time, and 3 is my favorite game ever.
The silent hills situation seriously still gets me sad everytime i think about it. Definitely gonna buy death stranding to cope.
What was the scariest moment for u guys? Mine is the red light chase scene in the haunted house in SH3, because i had a lot of traumatizing nightmares about that exact concept when i was younger, and they came back after playing that part of the game.
I seriously nearly had a panic attack because of that part. Thats the most a videogame has ever affected me mentally, emotionally and physically
The announcer talking didnt help either. For some reason the way he talked felt like he was personally talking to me and it freaked me out a lot.

Attached: nightmare.gif (499x347, 1.22M)

>explains how any of the things that you see in that game are possible.
Yeah, cause that's somehow important for SH2's story.
>Snobs who only play SH2 and think that everything in that game "was just a metaphor"
you're just being silly

I tried asking my neighbor to please come over for just a sec to take a picture with some video games, but he just shut the door in my face.

2:40 in this video. Watching it again at nearly 3 in the morning is really scaring me so ill just leave it here youtube.com/watch?v=MovNH7mBhGc

amazing, i hate that segment with haunted mansion, it was such dumb shit after turned hospital, it ruined game for me.

I love the whole series. Homecoming is my favourite and for some reason people like to shit on that which is fine. I have never heard a good argument explaining why the game is bad except story wise and even then it has references from Jacob's Ladder which I also adore. I don't know how many times I've replayed this game and I cannot wait until October hits to get myself in those comfy autumn nights.

Attached: happyanyway.png (600x410, 344K)

yea, the game did feel like it was trying a bit too hard after the hospital, but that part scared me more just personally, not as a general scare.
and yeah. That mansion with that narrator is pretty dumb.

Literally just finished replaying SH1 for the second time and stumbled across this thread. I finished SH1 and 2 like 5 or 6 years ago, but never completed 3 or 4, so I'm trying to get through them now.

I have to say, 1 is still really spooky and tense. I was surprised at how many times the game's got me scared or on edge even though I remembered most of it from my first playthrough. The PS1 graphics also enhance the style of the environments and help blend everything into this very particular and consistent look to all objects and textures. Such a stellar game. I love the look of later games too obviously, but in my opinion smoother graphics completely remove that special mood of the first game. Still, I'll be starting replaying SH2 later today.

Attached: Silent Hill (1).png (1543x1079, 849K)

It is actually because it's not a coincidence that the game takes place in Silent Hill. The lore of Silent Hill indicates that it is a place near Hell or like purgatory and that some of the Old Gods are beings who revel in the punishment of crimes. It's why James is experiencing the shit that he does in Silent Hill and not Springfield.

It's kinda weird how the PS2 version has the same cabinets as the Wii version, but it's missing the light fixture on the left. But the PSP version, which has a completely different layout, has the light fixture.

Attached: SM_VS1.jpg (640x1095, 91K)

The silent hill james is in is different from the one in 1 and 3, its more personally for him and canonnically has nothing to do with the cult

>It is actually because it's not a coincidence that the game takes place in Silent Hill. The lore of Silent Hill indicates that it is a place near Hell or like purgatory and that some of the Old Gods are beings who revel in the punishment of crimes
None of this shit matter. This explanation makes everything dumber if anything. Also, James isn't punished for anything in sh2, it's all self-inflicted.

1 (And 3) establishes crazy boring Hell shennanigans prettty early. Thank fuck they half retconned that into Alessa just imagining God as notBaphomet because of her religion because god what a boring twist having Silent Hill just be Hell or possibly Harry tripping balls.

>they're unrelated.
wrong.

no.
This is why I loathe SH2-secondary babbies

>wong
at least, try explain why

>Thank fuck they half retconned that
They did not "retcon" jack shit. You people just misintrepreted everything that happened in SH1 in the most generic and American way possible.

SH1 and 2 are VERY similar in their overall execution. Only the perspective of how you experience the events is different.

reading the stalker's diaries in the hospital and feeling like any moment I could bump into him in the corridors. that was some creepy shit

i admit its one of my favourite silent hill because it was unique as hell, the environment is strangely comfy, there's no other game come close as disturbing and weird as the room imo, the downside of it is maybe Henry himself, he's boring ass fucks

Attached: OssbR7e.jpg (5616x3744, 1.07M)

There's already plenty of explanations ITT and on the net.

The tl;dr version would be that SH2 would literally not be possible without SH1's events, and there's plenty of imagery of the occultish stuff in 2 to prove that the "cult" is not some eeevul devil worshipping club but the main RELIGION of the area, heavily based on Christianity at that, and it was Dahlia's own group of whackos that decided to hasten the arrival of the apocalypse with their magic tricks.
This left the whole town area's natural powers "cracked", resulting what could be summarized as automatic psychic projections through anyone who passes through the area.

Now, ignoring the story content, there's also the fact that SH1 is vastly superior GAME, with better pacing and overall design. Going through it first can greatly help new players to sit through the agonizing beginning of SH2, as they can then expect shit to truly hit the fan later on, like it does in 1.

>SH1 and 2 are VERY similar in their overall execution
no, they're not.

do you have SH4 on torrent?

fuck i played it on ps2 when it came out

>SH2 would literally not be possible without SH1's events
it doesn't matter, sh2 isn't about town, it's all about James. It's like claiming what you need to know how New-York was built before watching any movie set in New-York.

>Now, ignoring the story content, there's also the fact that SH1 is vastly superior GAME, with better pacing and overall design
What that has to do with with anything, can you focus, ffs?

Attached: 1529923333200.jpg (540x490, 33K)

>it doesn't matter, sh2 isn't about town, it's all about James.
On the contrary. 2 is WAY more about "the town" than 1 in total, which is pretty much the Alessa's personal tale seen through a (relatively involved) 3rd party's view point.

Sure, you can go and check out 2 on its own, but it will ultimately just spawn endless queue of misinterpretations, not to mention that absolutely annoying fanaticism that tries to separate SH2 into a spinoff of some sort.

>what that has to do with anything?
Is English even your 1st language?
I thought I was being pretty straight and clear:
SH1 is a superior introduction to the series, and potentially helps you slog through SH2's weak beginning, all thanks to learned anticipation of things going wild the longer you play.

I have seen countless rookies drop SH2 within the first hour or so, which is quite understandable: the game does not get interesting before long after the Apartments. Meanwhile, SH1's first steps are already legendary, and are sure to captivate even the most cynical players.

Skipping 1 is a travesty. Once you get past the blocky human models the game looks great, like a pixelated ps2 game.

Plus I like the little niceties that got lost when the series decided to go full rust and gorn. Like how ritzy and bright the hospital was.

sh 1 jap cover
sh2 eu cover
sh3 american cover
sh 4 jap cover

>2 is WAY more about "the town" than 1 in total
well, yeah, sh1 is more about cult and their shenanigans than about town, while sh2 has some silly notes about indian burial grounds. But anyway, sh2 isn't about town.
>it will ultimately just spawn endless queue of misinterpretations, not to mention that absolutely annoying fanaticism
Talking about fanaticism, lol

>sh2 isn't about town.
Nor is 1 about ''cult and their shenanigans''

>lol
pls go back

He needed to fulfill the 21 Sacraments For the Birth of the Holy Mother. It was ingrained in him by Dahlia that if he followed the ritual, he'd be able to reunite with his mother, but because he's autistic, he misinterpreted 'sleeping in Ashfield' to mean his mother was asleep in Henry's apartment complex. Here was the original plan
>kill the 21 people but have their souls stick around in his dream world
>impregnate a rock
>????
>paradise
But because Walter is fucked in the head and a mental child, he saw it as
>kill the 21 people but have their souls stick around in his dream world
>impregnate the apartment where your parents abandoned you
>????
>reunite with mommy, what does a world cleansed by flames mean

haha
>SH1 first does benefit SH2's experience as well.
turned into
>SH1 potentially helps you slog through SH2's weak beginning, all thanks to learned anticipation of things going wild the longer you play
but anyway many people finished and enjoyed sh2 without playing 1, so your point is just silly.

>Nor is 1 about ''cult and their shenanigans''
>sh1 is more about cult and their shenanigans than about town
not everything in one is about alessa, you know.

>plus PT was cool and got pretty much everyone hyped for a new silent hill game
People were not really hyped for a new SH game, it was more like people were hyped for a new Kojima game. People who like SH already knew the series was supposed to be over, and people who understood the finer points of its style and implementation of horror knew Kojima was going to fuck it up, the demo is proof of that with the fourth wall breaking puzzles, something never used in any of the Team Silent games because it makes what should be psychological horror not psychological, and takes you out and makes you realize you're playing a game. That's good for meta commentary like MGS2, but not for a fucking horror game.

>21 Sacraments For the Birth of the Holy Mother. It was ingrained in him by Dahlia
So, Dahlia and Claudia went through all those troubles with Alessa in 1 and 3, while they just needed one crazy idiot to kill 20 people to get their paradise?

Deepest lore.

Surprisingly well explained.

Walter was always the backup plan. Alessa was the easier way of bringing about paradise and was the plan that got more focus because it didn't involve harnessing ghosts and impregnating a rock, as well as turning a child into a serial killer that will kill himself so he can be a ghost that goes around impregnating inanimate objects.

you claim that understanding the lore + becoming more likely to forgive the game's flaws does NOT benefit SH2's experience ??

>not everything in one is about alessa,
it is just as much as everything in 2 is about James

>Alessa was the easier way of bringing about paradise
how is it easier? Especially with Alessa being against the plan. First she made them wait 7 years, after that 17, while Walter was able to do his shit just in 10 years. It's not like cult ever had a problem with finding crazy lunatics capable of killing people for the paradise.

Alessa was originally all for the plan but became disillusioned with the cult a short while before the boiler explosion where she split her soul.
Also, the Walter plan needed somebody who was basically a robot who could kill 21 people including themselves without getting caught.
The real reason why this is an issue though is because the Walter plan was retconned into lore.

>understanding the lore
Again 1's lore is irrelevant in 2.
> becoming more likely to forgive the game's flaws
Why would anyone forgive anything in 2, if 1 did it better? It's more likely for the player to ignore sh2 flaws, if they don't know what some other game did better.

>it is just as much as everything in 2 is about James
1 has segments about Kaufmann and drugs what actually has impact on the story about Alessa and Harry. There isn't anything like that in 2.

>Walter plan was retconned into lore
so, if you understand that why would you try to explain this shit, like it makes sense?

It's fun

i respect the multiple 2s and 3s, you need more 1s though

jp jp eu eu

SH3, when you visit Silent Hill it has the same map and assets from 2. It's not a different place.

youtube.com/watch?v=hSkR9HXAeAk
Thoughts?

Taxi Driver and Ghostbusters set in the same city, are those stories related?

people needs to move on. PT was great cause it was nothing like SH.

"there was a hole here, it's gone now" just above your ass

I love SH3 the most. The twist that it's a direct sequel is under appreciated, and it's one of the best direct sequels in gaming. The variety of locations helps the atmosphere immensely.

I love that Vincent Price haunted house part too. Ending is weak but I don't care, great game

Amazing how great her in-game character model look.

Attached: silenthill42013-04-1413yqt.png (2560x1050, 2.14M)

1 and 2 for NA, 3 for EU and 4 for JP.
3 and 4 for NA are fucking horrible.

PC version had a fucking cool ass fan made mod, check it out

It makes it easily the best version.

ALESSA!!!

Attached: Alessa's thumbs up.jpg (801x596, 67K)

PS2's SH games are a perfect proof that good art-design > technical specs.

I agree completely. SH1 is such an amazing game. Though, I do hate those texture filters, together that clearly 2high Brightness.

Attached: sh1 epsxe emu - the door - alt school.jpg (1280x960, 114K)

Couldn't get past the first half of SH1, boring af, its all puzzle after puzzle. Then some trippy shit between 2 puzzles.
No thx. I rather buy a freakin puzzle from amazon.

Thanks for filtering yourself I guess.

it was a chore to play through this game

Because it was unfinished. And not like meme unfinished where the game is not exactly how people would like it, but literally half unfinished level design and the mechanics are all under baked. Konami gave very little time ofr this games completion, riding right off the heels of SH3.

>Because it was unfinished.
does that matter?

Looks like an SH ripoff with bad character models.
Also, it will probably be an SH2 rip off like all the Western games, and all the cult shit is just there for flavour.

cringe.

>bad character models.
nah, they're fine.

>all the cult shit is just there for flavour.
it's not silent hill, why would it even have a cult shit? And cult shit was central part, not just "for flavour" in HC and oranges and they were worst.

>nah, they're fine.
She looks worse than James' model mate, SH2 came out in 2001.
>it's not silent hill, why would it even have a cult shit?
The various symbols in the trailer lead one to assume that.
>And cult shit was central part, not just "for flavour" in HC and oranges and they were worst.
Based on your lacking ability when it comes to writing in English, I'm going to assume you're the developer of that game, and tell you to fuck off.

>The various symbols in the trailer lead one to assume that
>you're the developer of that game, and tell you to fuck off.
lol, develop a brain, you silly imbecile

I'm new to the SH franchise. Did people not know Heather was Harry's daughter before the game came out? That's pretty cool.

>lol, develop a brain, you silly imbecile
Sorry I don't feel like taking an ESL seriously. Your last sentence meant nothing, it was meaningless dribble. All I know is that you wanted to say something about Homecoming and oranges, and I'm not sure if you meant the fruit or the colour.
Yeah, her being the daughter of Harry is meant to be a surprise.

So can anybody explain what the fuck that giant eileen head was for and why it scared me so much?

you spy on Eileen in the apartmant and the head kinda mocks that i think

somebody with ideas and talent visited team b for a day and made them do it. But then Konami fired him.

I don't see the point of making videogames like this. Silent Hill already exists and it has 4 very good games. What's the point of investing so much into trying to replicate it 1:1 when it's obvious there's no way you will end up with something that comes close to the actual thing? It's great to take inspiration from other videogames and continue their legacy but this is plain untasteful.

How do I play this game in 2k19? It's not on steam. It's not on PSN.

HOW THE FUCK?

Attached: Art-50.jpg (858x1200, 241K)

here u go noob literally took me 5secs

Based retard?

I don't support piracy, 3rd worlders.

Attached: Iori_Yagami_XI.jpg (768x1024, 200K)

then u dont get to play it idiot

Buy it then
ebay.ca/itm/Ultra-Rare-Silent-Hill-4-PC-Big-Box-Complete-Authentic-US-CAD-Release/223474987790?hash=item340825b30e:g:XcgAAOSwjr5cqnd2

you don't support piracy by downloading shit.

What do you support then? Because you're not supporting the devs by buying a second-hand copy of the game.

Fuck I haven't played this series in like 15 years, might have to dig out the PS2

the axe has iframes making the wallhuggers and ghosts nothing

What's your favortie Silent Hill song? Mine is Waiting for You
youtube.com/watch?v=XF3xCifQ290&list=RDMMXF3xCifQ290&start_radio=1

>literal abandonware
>"piracy"
You moral guardians are just hilarious. Even more so when you also reveal yourself to be a filthy zoom-zoom by only naming Steam and PSN.
Apparently the idea of buying used copies never crossed your mind either, no matter how equally "harmful" it is as piracy.

Attached: Harry #1 Daddy.png (510x546, 15K)

youtube.com/watch?v=2NGDwfDGBrM