Anybody else feel like the story is rushed?

Anybody else feel like the story is rushed?
We don't really get a lot of character interaction and exploration
Sothis is just kinda there before her big sacrifice and you get your super power up that just makes your sword stronger
Jeralt is almost a noncharacter and then just fucking dies
The actual main antagonists are only really a thing for very little of the game
I mean it's still fun as fuck but I feel like I'm missing out on a ton of story that should be taking place inbetween chapters

Attached: 1545010887226.jpg (1280x720, 251K)

Nah

The story is spread out between all three routes

You're meant to play all 4 routes, user.

I am
Currently nearly done with GD, finished BE and BL, then gonna incest it up with mommydaughter
But the first half still feels rushed even so

Humanity. An immortal lizard should not rule our lifes.

Because humans ruling over each other is working out so great in our world.

Just wait until the story DLC next year :)

Fodlan is ruled by literal lizard people, the head of which ACTUALLY wants to fuck her mom so hard that she made a religion out of it with herself as the Jesus figure
How is that better
We're equal

I agree. Definitely felt that there was substantial content they weren't able to elaborate on, especially with TWSITD. Also, part 2 in general feels rushed even with consideration of all the routes.

Yes. Humans die and government change but immortal lizarda who hate humans are eternal.

That's because of how many routes there are. Part 1 felt much more focused than any version of part 2 honestly.

It honestly feels like a lot of story was simply cut out
I feel the opposite so far
Part 1 does have the benefit of consistent bad guy presence but then it just falls off with Cronya and Salon dying soon after they're introduced and Thales showing up out of nowhere only to disappear

Most manaketes are good guys and end up taking hundreds of year long naps anyways.

It's not like Seteth and Flayn go around demanding tribute and virgin women. And guys like the Windcaller just want to be left alone

Attached: Seteth_Portrait.png (1000x1000, 503K)

How did you get the hat on Byleth? I wasn't even aware this game had any changeable clothing of sorts.

Buy the expansion pass like a good goy and you get an alternate costume for your MC.

When is IS going to tell an actual good coherent story with enough character development for meaningfulness? Jeralts death came so sudden it was whiplash and I didn't feel shit for him

And other dragons start going crazy like Duma and Mila.

You have to the win the magic tournament with Dedue without getting hit 5 times in a row and then leave the console on for 24 hours.

Is the second half better? Just got to timeskip and not feeling the story. Feels like everything is rushed. Villains don't seem threatening because they come and go so fast. Dads death happened to sudden, etc...is there more build up?

I actually think the first half is perfect, but the second half the pacing becomes insane.
Have done BEdel and GD routes, almost done with the BL one. I think in all routes they always give you hints of secondary plot points (what's Claude up to? have you heard of the slitherers? who is Rhea really?) but never really concludes on them since the expectation is for the player to play a different route to explore more on what piqued their interest.
I actually think the DLC should be all paths combined. Byleth doesn't exist in this path and instead you cycle between all three lords and see their stories unfold that way.

When they stop tying character death to losing the unit for play
Extra characters suffering permadeath is fine but a Soren situation where if they die they become unusable would be better so they wouldn't have to write a barebones story to account for a potential lack of cast

Second half is loads better because it zeroes in on a goal at least
The first half is setup for all four other paths so it's stretched thinner than usual
Just don't expect a lot of the threads from the first half to be resolved
The second halves focus on the house leader's personal goals rather than the overarching story

If you want character development and interactions play blue lions just be prepared to completely forget about those villains no one gives a shit about

Do they actually fully explain everything about the story without major plotholes? I've only played one route but it feel like it wasn't much of a whole story

What's funny is that it's a fact that humans dont live long enough to create lasting change, because inevitably someone down the line will change things or fuck them up

I mean in America for example you have a president for like 8 years max and they try all this bullshit to change the country, the entire fucking country. But then their implementations get undone 8 short years later and we're back to square 1 again with some other jackass trying to do the same thing but in a different way, from scratch, it's so asinine and shortsighted. There is no longterm planning in place because the average human doesnt give a fuck since they figure they'll be in the grave by the time shit hits the fan, and thenactual bad part is that they will so it's entirely justified