What the fuck even is Stardew Valley?

What the fuck even is Stardew Valley?

Attached: ss_4fa0866709ede3753fdf2745349b528d5e8c4054.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 940K)

shitty harvest moon clone

Probably one of the best harvest moon clones, given how it's even more popular than harvest moon in the west.

A twisted fucked up waifu simulator in which all of the girls have some irredeemable flaw

Better question is... Who is best girl?

Linus

Harvest Moon for zoomers.

this, but he forgot the bit where it's a shitty waifu/husbando dating simulator as well

What, you mean like real people? Incel

Based Hobo Fucker

Attached: Capture.jpg (834x503, 44K)

A game.

>What the fuck even is Stardew Valley?
The best Harvest Moon clone you're ever gonna get made by a humble man who doesn't attention whore and cause drama. He tweets about his game then disappears to go back to working on it.

Also everything is moddable.

Willy

>dualityofman.jpg

Mediocre Harvest Moon for people who don't know what Harvest Moon is.

You'll never know if the new game you bought is garbage until you post Schrodinger's Thread

Harvest Moon on steroids

Don't be mad that you can't fish, just git gud.

Also Harvest Moon doesn't even exist anymore, it's Story of Seasons now and has been for years.

A mostly enjoyable but flawed game. More popular with women than men based on some user metrics I saw once. Worst trait is the complete lack of any content past the first two years, and the generally barren second year. There's no real goals or anything to grind towards after finishing the bundles and getting married so any run ends shortly after that. Another major flaw is the size of the town, which is obnoxiously large for no real design reason other than to intentionally waste your time to reduce your efficiency. The pixel graphics are lazily done in several areas, see the rotating sprites and puke.

I enjoyed it the first time I played and got 80 hours out of it, but I don't think it is something that should be recommended. It's an awkward game.

Harvest WHAT? Never heard about it. Did you mean... Story of Seasons?

Attached: qbrm42lg2z231.png (332x440, 195K)

In what way is it on steroids?

How is it on android? Got a new phone amd wanna try out games with it

It's the best Harvest Moon ever made

Instead let's discuss this.

>they went back to single title farming instead of 3x3

Attached: 332b944068dbcdda2599ad44bc24bb58b145a107.jpg (600x348, 49K)

how about
>they removed popuri

Where'd you get that idea?

I don't understand

Attached: medium_popuri1_thumb.jpg (354x600, 48K)

lol

Cringe. Kys incel

Can I marry ANYONE I want with a certain mod?

I don’t know but a lot of girls (real girls) play it.

STARDEW VALLEY
0.5 MILES
I WILL KILL YOU

Oh, I like girls

Yeah pretty much hit the nail on the head. It's a game that begs you to keep playing endlessly but also tells you to fuck off after the first year.
Now that I think about it, it's pretty ironic how the game basically ends after you get married and theres nothing left to do but grind cash.

Anyways it just blows that theres not a better game despite its massive popularity and profitability. Everything else stinks so I guess we have to hope SV2 fixes the content blackhole (although I dont know why there needs to be a second game since everything about SV can be fixed with some good DLC/Expansions to fill in the content gaps).

Also a shit rune factory clone.

Well it's the only Harvest Moon clone most people know about so it makes sense.

>Harvest Moon doesn't even exist anymore
remember that these abominations exist
how about them going back to the godawful style of Sunshine Islands and whatnot. God why.

Attached: Shot_3-1050x600.png (1050x600, 694K)

Indie Harvest Moon Ripoff but with more of a Emmerdale/soap twist do it and a SAVE THE COMMUNITY CENTER FROM THE MEGACORP plot.

theres something heinous about that old man

has the same vibes as the animations on those indian youtube channels for kids

>80 hours
>shit game wouldn't recommend
modern gamers

It's a game for NEETs and autists

I'm sold

bad western art: the game

Haley, no contest

It's actually missing a bunch of features that Harvest Moon had. Stardew excels in streamlining everything, and pacing. They included all the quality of life features that Harvest Moon should have had. But it's actually lacking in many features, and the endgame is soulless automation.

someone you can't romance like always.

Attached: Evelyn_(RF3).png (211x340, 37K)

A super overhyped indie game that gets boring as shit fast as hell, unless you have a vagina

A game where the 1.4 update is never fucking coming.

Harvest moon ripoff, but its a really good ripoff.

Attached: nice8.jpg (1024x993, 101K)

Marnie.

A thoroughly comfy game similar to the good old Harvest Moons, with some simple action RPG and gay romance thrown in.

I dropped it when I realized it's one of those sandbox games with no point. I guess it's fun for someone who wants to waste their fucking life on a video game.

How can it be comfy when the village is filled with crazy people and dysfunctional families?

She stole my heart, I don't even like blondes.

Attached: 37199827_808619716015519_7102189815092740096_n.jpg (640x640, 70K)

the fruit of not being a console exclusive and having very low requirements

>Sane people exist.
Everyone has a problem user, some are just better at dealing with it than others.

Alex.

Attached: 1547501772749.png (256x256, 86K)

Rate my farm I put a lot of time into it
I'm a girl

Attached: Farm.png (1280x1040, 1.52M)

>Mixing your animals leading to super diseases
>Hiding Grampa's monument
>Bad well position
>Ducks not near either pond
2/5

Any complaints about the game? I have 2 main ones that bug me maybe 3. First I wish prices of goods fluctuated so the best crop isnt always apparent. Ide like if it were possible to even lose money on crops but its cool if they all give profits just varying amounts. Ide like fro animals to actually be worth it. Finnaly completing the muesam is a lesson in pain.

Also I love the Emily dance I almost married her just because of the way she dances it's really cute

Fucking super crops.

bump

The best farming simulator since Farming Simulator 2014

Except Haley, who grows as a person an overcomes her initial shallowness.

It's shit and none of the NPCs are good.

ConcernedApe is pretty based
Bought the PS4 version to play with a friend but we only realized after the fact that the PS4/Xbone versions were actually behind the Switch/PC versions and didn't have multiplayer yet (despite the boxart saying otherwise). Tweeted to him about it and he literally just hooked us up with digital Switch codes for the game and apologized about the update delay

Also I have 100 hours played

>all of the girls
every person*

combat update when?
Im so fucking tried of swinging your sword around like a dunce and having the slingshot be basically useless

Sebastian doesn't really have any flaws, he has a nigger stepdad but that's not his fault.

Good Guy Eric.

What are these flaws? If you're list a bunch of /pol/ shit then save us both some time by not responding.

>Sebastian doesn't really have any flaws
>WAAAAH NO ONE UNDERSTANDS ME. I LIVE IN MY MOMS BASEMENT AND I HATE MY STEP DAD. I'M A SHITTY EDGELORD WHO SMOKES CIGARETTES. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE LIKE MY SISTER MORE THAN ME.

>What are these flaws?
not gonna list every character in the game, just the waifus:
Abigail: self-indulgent shut-in. obsessed with having a cave adventure, pisses herself before even starting. her gimmick is overshadowed by Maru who is one of the potential NPCs who rescues you if you "die" in the mines. goes full NEET when married, dropping out of her online classes.
Emily: hippy obsessed with shiny rocks. very awkward. maybe autistic to some degree?
Haley: literally stacy. egotistical, very shallow and not very intelligent
Leah: obsessed with her ex to an unhealthy degree. every other interaction with her is about her ex
Maru: mary sue. capable of making sentient, spacefaring robots but is perfectly ok with being a nurse (and watering crops for the rest of her life if you marry her).
Penny: lives in a trailer shackled to her trashy mother.

Somewhat fun game, but waifu selection is small and the waifus that are available are bad, husbandos are decent though and the artstyle is hit-and-miss most of the time.

>NEET
>farm

Attached: Floridaman of Disbelief.gif (200x293, 1.73M)

Game is boring. Not even in Winter of the first year. I just water my crops, I talk to someone and they will repeat the same line they have been doing for weeks, sleep, repeat

And Haley is the only one who improves herself as your relationship with her grows. Goes from stuck up bitch to a loving wife and mother.

helping you water your crops once a month (which. chances are, were already watered by sprinklers) does not a job make

harvest moon but with shit sprites

She sucks your cock so you don't have to.

That's how it works in real life, it's comforting to know everyone has problems like you, it's humanizing. The only people who don't know that are autistic kids who grew up on Japanese ideas of everyone but you being a flawless archetype NPC.

I bet you complain about scaled worlds and compressed time in video games too.

Penny also cheats on you and Abigail has slut genes from her whore of a mother

Haley is the only character with an arc you dunderhead.

Attached: 1552373298496.jpg (857x1202, 251K)

if you're going to make a big deal out of shit and make flawed characters because "muh realism!!" then you're damned right i'm going to bitch about the other shit that breaks realism

If this game had content post-launch support on the level of Terraria, it would be fucking amazing. Doesn't even need to come with free updates, paid expansions would be great too, just as long as there's shit to do. I expected the desert to be a much larger part of the endgame/post-endgame and it has like an hour or two of actual content, when the game need adventures, quests, new characters, items, and crops, new purposes etc. Establishing a new farm or even village somewhere else and more difficult would also be a good addition, it could give meaning to all the money and vast resources you have at the current "end".

the dev is still working on another update isn't he?
>on the level of Terraria
that's too tall an order for your average game developer

I was debating between Haley, Emily, and Abigail. It seems like Haley seems to be the objective favorite among these threads though

Yeah ConcernedApe tweeted that between trying to get the PS4/Xbone versions up-to-date with the rest of the others, he's working on a new general update. He was bague on details, but I'm pretty sure he mentioned a new map type being one of the features

A game for girl gamers or autists who want to live farmer life but have no idea how hard and boring it is in real life

>t. somewhat live in a farm and working in this shit is boring and hard work

Move to the city then if it's so boring.