Unironically, why is this allowed?

Unironically, why is this allowed?
Not even gonna mention that the more expensive one is an inferior port.
>gamestop
Not the point, this is just an example. You can easily find this pattern replicated elsewhere with other games.

Attached: butwhy.png (1209x693, 218K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f5uik5fgIaI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>licensed anime garbage

They make less money from switch carts than they do from selling discs so publishers are passing down the costs to customers

Pisstendo greed

Attached: nintendo-crash.jpg (1376x321, 124K)

soulless vs soul

It's the Nintendo Tax. Google it

Basically, carts are a lot more expensive to make than discs, so cart games will cost more because of the added expense. Then the eShop has to keep parity with the physical version, so the digital will cost more on Nintendo's store as well.

It was 25 dollars at Target and Walmart. Probably Amazon too.

Whatever you need to say to justify that Nintendo cum going down your throat.

MK hasn't been soulful since DS, you fag.

That would explain a couple dollars there is no way it costs $10 more to mass produce than a bluray

Nevermind, 44 on Amazon

>mario kart ds is good

Attached: 594AAF78-A983-43CC-A72B-87FD011E56AC.jpg (438x520, 46K)

Because carts are most expensive to produce than optical discs. That’s why optical discs where the standard for so long despite carts being superior in every other way.

>Mario Kart DS
AAAAAHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You underestimate just how cheap discs are.

meanwhile on Steam

Attached: dbz.jpg (631x371, 51K)

mario kart is the most sterile, safe looking series nintendo has

Didn't it come out much later for Switch? It's a newer title on that system.

Nintendo didn’t learn there lesson did they? Cart costs is what turned people away from the 64 and they did it again. Fucking WOW

Attached: 0451B244-21CD-4A36-9C98-C1D9D3923635.gif (500x143, 25K)

It's not that simple. $10 at retailer doesn't represent $10 in the publisher's pocket. Only about a third goes to them. Another third goes to Nintendo, and another third goes to the retailer. So if the cart cost you $3 extra, and you want to recoup that vs the other versions, then yeah, you need to charge about $10 more.

You underestimate how cheap mass production is

It depends on the storage space on the cart, larger games are more expensive for publishers. This is also why some publishers don't include the full game on the cart and force you to download the rest of the data to your Switch in order to play it at all. Also like the other user said you have to take into account the retailer's cut.

The game regularly goes on sale both on steam and key sites. I paid less than half of that for the switch version and less than $12 for the current season pass.

Why do you think Shitch has near-zero third party support.

Just buy digitally user, it's like $14 on the nintendo eshop

*for the PC version i mean

It has more third party support than any of their disc-based consoles

You could play with 7 friends using one game cart.
That shit was fucking dope back in the day

Sad we live in world where consoles are cheaper than PC. I got DYNASTY WARRIORS 9 for 14 bucks on ps4, when it's 60 on steam. Wtf

It's newer.

Yeah but carts cost a good amount more than discs though.

Sorry $18, not $15

Attached: Capture+_2019-08-06-23-30-14.png (1374x846, 2.11M)

But if I wanted to play it right now I'd have to pay 60 fucking dollars for a nearly 3 year old game.

Steam has the worst pricing of all the major retailers and platforms and like you said, the only way to circumvent it is by using shady keysellers or waiting possibly months for a sale which is an absurd position to put your customers in.

Because it requires more effort than unchecking a few boxes like PC-PS4-Xbone "ports"

>not $15
Dammit user, I was so set on getting it. 3 dollar isn't so bad and I do get paid tomorrow, but still.

Or you could just wait a few weeks and buy it when it's on discount. And DBFZ isn't even 2 years old yet, it came out earlier last year.

>Steam has the worst pricing of all the major retailers and platforms and like you said, the only way to circumvent it is by using shady keysellers

lol

Its $23 on amazon right now for the switch.

Its $17 on the eshop, weird.

The Switch version was released last September, that isn't even a year old yet.

publishers are being jews again and trying to put the extra cost of carts on the consumer

Oh damn, I'm getting it. Wait, is this game even worth it? Maybe I should get Bayonetta 1+2

oh boy I'm sure glad digital is the future

expensive cartridges, a fanbase who won't buy or play anything other than bing bing wahoo, and toy tablet hardware that can't run modern games.

No he's talking about the Shitch, which uses CDs. It's the Switch that has cartridges.

Slimy jews trying to pass the extra 2 cents for cartridges on the customer.

>*29.99 plus microtransactions

Have you been living under a rock m8,the switch has a MASSIVE library of indie games that could rival PCs from five years back

>but I could play those on muh PS4 or Xbox

Can you take your console on the go with you on a 12 hour flight?

Attached: Switch Lite.png (1024x686, 452K)

>Shitch
Just ignore Ericposter.

No but I can take my laptop which lasts for 3 to 4 hours playing moderately intensive games with the CPU and GPU power throttled.

That's extremely cringe. Why would you ever play a game in public anyway?

Retailers don't take a fixed percentage though. If you can sell a PS4 disc wholesale to a retailer for 20 dollars (with MSRP 30 dollars, retailer makes 10 dollar profit), you could sell the "same" Nintendo Switch cart for 23 dollars (with MSRP 33 dollars, retailer makes 10 dollar profit)

>defending activision instead of based Beenox
Retarded.

>surprised by ninty tax

first time buying vidya?

On long flights it helps. This is the only time I'd actually play vidya in public.

>The game regularly goes on sale
Just like the Switch version. I found it at 20 USD. Only Swich games hasn't good sales prices.
>t.

Attached: 1565043676482.png (461x394, 64K)

MKDS was shit, user.

Have you never been on a train?

Attached: Confused Mouse.png (372x497, 243K)

Just bought it for $20 digital lolololol

Excuses! It will forever be cringe to play games no matter the context! It's excruciating pretending to be retarded, please stop me.

reminder that the charge you extra for what they consider to be normal levels of "consumer fraud" You have a moral obligation to defraud gamestop, it's literally a tax rebate. Trade in a broken controller as working or some shit and switch the boxes.

>buying switch games

Attached: buying switch games.png (803x671, 63K)

speaking of trades will gamestop take 3ds's with a slightly broken analog stick that stick's to the left if you push it too hard?

It's been collecting dust for years now & think it's time to just sell it to make some quick cash & maybe someone else will have a blast with it

Attached: Seagreen.jpg (1920x1080, 228K)

No one outside of japan uses trains or has a long enough commute to bother bringing a system along. Portability is a meme and just means you play it in bed. Most consoles can be thrown is a back back anyway if you really want to go away from home and play it.

>being a poor nigger

We get it, you download illegal copies of games.

don't tell them anything is wrong with it, the refurbish everything they get anyway. If you tell them something is wrong they give you way less than the chump change they already give, and regardless they refurbish it the same way.

Carts are more expensive to make than discs.

In part because they aren't mass-produced at the scale discs are.

>waiting extra weeks to pay to play games
maximum cuck.

The unfortunate part of digital copies. When a retailer buys physical copies, they are running a clock on getting the copies off their shelves so they will lower the price to get rid of inventory. But with digital stores they don't have to worry about it so the game just goes on sale every once in a while

I mean it's been close to three years since release but Zelda is STILL the original launch price,seems a bit excessive doesn't it?

Which one if the most fun for a first time player?

Attached: Zelda or Racing.png (789x405, 122K)

botw.

i paid 40 for it on amazon but i'd pay 100. it's great.

they do that with disc games too
they would kill themselves because the drifting hurt their fingers

You're so fucking oblivious to the world. Get out of your parents basement

but carts are better & slightly cooler then disk!

>shopping at walmart

Why?

Attached: even donny is freaked out.jpg (600x600, 397K)

heh guess all those t.v ads were fake huh

youtube.com/watch?v=f5uik5fgIaI

Attached: Switch Karen Advert.jpg (494x752, 34K)

>Inferior
It literally plays the same as the other versions.

It's like $18 on the eShop. Fuck off

The grafix are worser

if they make less from switch ports shouldn't they cost less then?

>>indie games
>(1)Behold the MASSIVE Switch Game Library!!
>(1)there's so many indie games, it rivals PC's library from 5 years back!
>(2)..but user....these are all $2- low quality indie games that ive either played on PC or literally dont want play.
>(1)you can even take these indie games on a 12hr flight! Betcha cant do that with a pc, ps4, or xbox.
>(2)...but.. i dont want to play indie gam..
>(1) BUY THE SWITCH YOU BIGOT. INDIE GAMES ARE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF NINTENDO LIBRARY!

Now imagine that dialog in a comic strip.

>quality goods cost more
Why are you surprised?

You know that's not what they were saying.

There're first time buying physical I assume

It's 23$ at Amazon

40$ at Gamestop or 25$ at Walmart? It's not that hard, think which one you prefer.

Doesn't even have anything to do with carts. Wii and Wii U games were the same. Nintendo shit is just more expensive cause nintendo fans will pay it. Its why Nintendo rarely lowers there prices below the original price.

It's 18$ on eshop right now BTW