Why do developers keep spamming shitty asymmetrical multiplayer games? They all die within a month

Why do developers keep spamming shitty asymmetrical multiplayer games? They all die within a month.
Why not instead give us a replacement for Team Fortress 2?

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.11M)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/731620/Hide_Or_Die/
steamcharts.com/app/731620#All
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What game?

They look at DbD being a huge success and think they can replicate it, it's kind of a smaller scale version of studios chasing the most recent trends like ASSFAGGOTS or BRs

>They all die within a month.
uh no

Attached: EAFlAvNUcAAeGUt.jpg large.jpg (1650x1000, 183K)

What are the numbers of the biggest ASSymmetrical game right now?

>DbD being a huge success
In initial sales maybe, not in current playerbase.

The player numbers are pretty consistent and it's very successful when you consider how many collaborations/crossovers they are doing with numerous franchises, I doubt they'd do those if they were running out of money.

store.steampowered.com/app/731620/Hide_Or_Die/

I miss F13.

I thought that was oblivion from the thumbnail

steamcharts.com/app/731620#All
It will soon die. Was there any marketing at all for this game? Never seen or heard of it.

>asymmetrical multiplayer games
What? I thought you where complaining about the shitty aysmmetrical maps that devs love to make nowadays and was gonna agree, until I reread your post. What the fuck is a aysmmetrical game? You mean left for dead clones?

Games where the opposing forces arent symmetric by game mechanics core design, are the big words hard for you?

So left for dead clones? Gotcha.

yeah, dead by daylight, evolve, and witch it are all just like left 4 dead
you utter buffoon, fuck you

>Dead By Daylight is successful
>great initial sales and a steady player base
>tons of licensed tie ins keeping interest up
>a bunch of talentless hacks want a slice of the pie when the pie isn't even that big to begin with
>gets a big push on release as people pick it up to try it out
>quickly they realize that Dead by Daylight is doing the same shit better so they just go back to that
>rinse and repeat

I find it really strange since DBD is so niche. Like I got it when every dumb faggot started trying to rip off Overwatch, but how big of an audience is there for this type of game that they really think it's worth prying in to?

It's been fucking forever since I played L4D multiplayer. In infected mode, is there more than one infected against the other 4 players? I'm not him and I don't know the game in OP, but I was thinking more along the lines of shit like Dead By Daylight, Friday the 13th, Slenderman, and that game where you play as a monster that flopped for having some of the worst microtransactions ever. Meaning 1 v X

Evolve died so this could take it's place...
Sad. I liked the monsters design

>posts Siege
I don't think you understand what Asymmetrical Multiplayer means retard

Attached: 1516821893240.png (960x1200, 421K)

>asymmetrical multiplayer games
>They all die within a month

Attached: Starcraft.jpg (1200x800, 216K)

alternatively, NS2 as an example

Attached: ns2.jpg (1920x1080, 685K)

it technically is, having different ops and different objectives

I really enjoyed Depth. It was fun but the game never gained a lot of traction.

>every dumb faggot started trying to rip off Overwatch,
Who did? The only one that comes to mind is Paladins.

it is possible to get into NS2 as a noob anymore?

They need to make the monster a smart bot instead of a real player, thats what kills these games.

You are mentally disabled.

Damned came first and is less repetitive than DbD, It was also made by a single dev.

wow kill yourself my man

>and that game where you play as a monster that flopped for having some of the worst microtransactions ever
Evolve

well if you consider that theyre just copying only the tank in pvp mode from l4d then yes

I miss it, bros.

>completely ghosting the Mercs with them never even seeing you the entire mission
>sniping a Spy out of the rafters in Warehouse
>actual dedicated button to talk to the enemy over voicecom as you were choking them

Attached: 1511137743354.png (768x576, 400K)

No, it flopped because it was a boring as fuck game, literally a running simulator.