So are they ever going to update this or

so are they ever going to update this or

Attached: radar.riskofrain2.GearboxPublishing.jpg (1200x900, 442K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/RiskofRain/status/1158802606573182979?s=20
mediafire.com/file/blp9ifd6hmjmy9r/ModLoader.zip/file
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nope

Attached: 1381355956831.jpg (292x292, 10K)

Why would they? The initial sales boom is done, updates would only bring in a decreasing amount of revenue so why should they work hard when they have your money?

that makes zero sense retard

September, probably near the end.

It had an update already you fucking mong

RoR2 already had a successful release boom, that's sales already made. Subsequent sales only drop off naturally over time from that point, as does revenue.
Developing updates and further content requires a team, which requires wages. At a certain point it becomes unfeasible to dedicate full development time to updates because the potential income is outweighed by development costs.

They already have your money, do not expect updates for long.

Randy is busy drawing funds from it for borderlands 3

...Scorched Acres?

>Money is constantly draining so it's not worth it to work on a game
Niggers like you say this, failing to realize that if money is a constantly draining resource (it is) and you just abandon the game, you use up all your goodwill and will never get decent sales again under the same studio names.

>g-g-goodwill NEVER dries u-

Blizzard's stock got raped because goodwill dried up. Kys, nigger.

or

Attached: RoR2.jpg (1200x675, 159K)

Did risk of rain 1 get content updates past 1.0?

Wrong, this is how the early access scam works. People just allow it, too... sad

Loader, Chef. Artifacts iirc

Still no fixes for shit like barbed wire disappearing forever, or game crashing

Ten man in half an hour.
Not surprising. RoR1 is an absolute mess of code. It's amazing it works at all.

Host when

They did fix Chargefield generator though.
Used to crash the game if it got too much bigger than the screen so they put a cap on how big it could get.

>people bamboozled that there's no day-1 patch

Even buggy ass hoopo turns out better stuff than million dollar AAA studio efforts

Attached: 1561933957149.png (1212x916, 88K)

i just wish they would add more than just a shitty new character every year

brainlet

I really wasn't a fan of Rex, I hope one of the next characters is a returning character rather than something new to be honest

Attached: 1489364698860.png (665x663, 1017K)

It's all but stated to be HAN-D.

Attached: CHA-D.png (768x1024, 22K)

Ten man Risky 2. CTRL+alt+~, connect 47.147.73.118
>Sacrifice (only for equips. This was to solve an enormous rift between Engineers and Mercenaries. This is a LOT more balanced now, and every character is now viable)
>Bigger Bazaar, base prices are 25 for white, 36 for green, scaling upwards with player count
>Anyone can join at any time
>A low amount of printers (to avoid lag during late loops), and printers have instant printing enabled for no waiting
>Red items have a 1.6% chance to drop from teleporter bosses
>Shrines of orders are enabled for Rallypoint
>Enemies with items starting from stage 2
Hosting for two hours, maybe three if there's a crowd.

Attached: AHEM.gif (324x624, 168K)

2/10

Attached: 1561740694592.gif (500x506, 149K)

3/10

Attached: Titan.gif (400x360, 51K)

5/10

I swear every fucking run I have ends at like stage 11-12 where I suddenly get one shot at full health out of nowhere even with defensive items. Also fuck getting elite zerg spawns as bosses. They're worse than the actual real bosses.

Wiped, open.

5/10

They updated it constantly when it first came out and then just did a proper content update last month. They've stayed right on track with their roadmap so just look at that. Has anyone here even played the game? it's like when Yea Forums's early predictions were proven wrong everyone just stayed in a reality where they were right.

They did you tard.

A shitty character and map that people played for 1-2 days then got bored. That's not an update. I really want my money back.

plenty of people here play it
the only reason risky threads are so slow is because a good portion of the people in it are playing lobbies hosted by other anons. the modding community is also very promising for a game so soon into early access

Attached: 1563059570271.jpg (636x452, 155K)

None of you have even bothered looking at a changelog much less played the game. They do update it regularly. Don't be such faggots about one of the only good early access releases.

4/10

5/10

YES

Wiped. Open. At this point the goal is to make it to stage 7 to obliterate.

5/10

6/10

Attached: 1486073354433.png (239x239, 4K)

I want to help Artificer lose weight!
or maybe put on some muscle mass

Honest question, so you have autism?

It's just shitposting

No, I just love her!
Stop pretending to be me!

Attached: Artificer5.png (921x1200, 699K)

>5
Post the rest

Only because I love her!

Attached: Artificer3.png (1250x560, 893K)

Is that lasercheese?

yes

What, like 5 items, all either varying states of op or trash, one shitty overtuned character, a single map and boss that you are unlikely to see during a run?
And then some of the most garbage balancing I've ever seen, only Blizzard is comparable.

Yeah those are updates you could put out monthly, not fucking quarterly.

Guillotine needs to be reworked, not just made rarer

because everyone just uses the risk of rain modloader. it fixes most of the bugs and recently got multiplayer support.

They're gonna show the next update at PAX West.

twitter.com/RiskofRain/status/1158802606573182979?s=20

What needs to happen to it?

Nice!

Sick

5/10

Not be only useful when stacked on a single person and a complete waste if someone else picks one up
Not only literally cut the hp elites, have some kind of effect
Not steal Artificers gimmick for free
Not be by far the best item in the game, worse than stickies (RIP) could ever hope to be
Not have literally no audio or visual effect

Will there be more "I LOVE HUNTRESS!" than actual game discussion again?

Closed. Thanks to all who joined.

Haha what? Why make such an obvious lie? The game had like two updates before scorched acres, even the most simple and game ruining things took ages to be fixed, eg blazing and merc cd bug

No. It'll be "I LOVE ARTIFICER!" instead.

A full team probanly.
3 guys in a basement? that's the expected speed.

Host, here. To anyone who has joined, what sounds more appealing: Quick, pick me up games where things get hellish real fast? Or something closer to vanilla pacing that picks up at the end?

Attached: 1562456159287.gif (246x382, 1.38M)

How the hell. Did this shit game. Get a Sequel.

A single person could put out more.

It sold well and they wanted to make another one? What a stupid question.

Feel free to point out examples where this was the case.

you're an actual retard with zero grasp of how any of this works
they literally have a roadmap you idiot

I can do you one better. Modanon.

Just because it shows a fucking quarterly update schedule does not mean it's not a fucking slow schedule.

>moving the goalpost
retard OP asked if they were going to update it at all, I never said it was frequent you faggot

Wasn't there half a dozen modanons doing a bunch of different things? Only a couple of them have actually stuck with the game?

No, it was one modanon with his pastebin.

I thought that modanon stopped? Or is the modanon who's doing hosts that modanon.

No, pastebin modanon got bored. The modanon that hosts just put together a modpack from thunderstore, I believe?

>Developing updates and further content requires a team, which requires wages.
the game was made by 3 people
who are they going to fire to save money
the only way not working on the game would be profitable, would be if they're working on a new game instead
and if they dont keep their promises with this game, good luck selling another early access game
not to mention anyone who bought the game can still refund it, because it's in early access

They already got your money so why bother?

Correct.

Someone host.

because they can get more you dumb fuck

Opting for a more vanilla balance and enemies with items by loop 2 for next time. Enemies with items early feels too strange in its pacing.

Attached: Shrine of chance.gif (218x350, 1.84M)

From what?

the fuck do you mean "what"? consumers, what else? are you seriously implying EVERYONE already bought the game and there's no more money to be made?

they also have a publisher deal with gearbox, you think they'll just let them go?

Post your face when you didn't fall for the early access scam and pirated the game instead.

Attached: 1519918415773.gif (700x704, 295K)

Unless you are one of those basedboys that buys the game again after each update then no, they can't.

what scam?

see

What's your playtime?

the initial and biggest sale boom has already happened, they got the bulk of what they wanted, whats's left are just droplets usually not worth the investment.

So yes, In the eyes of the company everyone that is their target audience has already bought the game.

Think there'll me another "buy on get one free" event at official release?

how?

are they going to lock content behind a paywall so you have to buy it again?

>they got the bulk of what they wanted
I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about, none of these claims have any proof and you're just pulling them out of your ass. more and more people are going to buy it as updates come out, and they're going to earn a massive sum when 1.0 rolls out and it's plastered all over steam
>usually not worth the investment
proof?
nigger NEW people are going to buy it, how dumb are you?

>new content gets released
>people get interested in the game again
>more people buy it
Just look at terraria

>WAAAHHH, I BOUGHT AN EARLY ACCESS GAME AND THEY DON'T PUMP OUT SHITTY UPDATES EVERY DAY, I'VE GOT TO WAIT FOR QUALITY UPDATES WAAAAHHHH I DON'T LIKE WAITING GIVE ME EVERYTHING NOW WAAAAHHHH
That's what you sound like you fucking twat.

Attached: 1563838935202.gif (224x178, 1.37M)

>NEW people
???

Attached: Sketch (89).png (1152x648, 652K)

I have no idea what you're trying to imply with that image. the initial boom happened yes, how does that mean people aren't gonna buy it?
>we're gonna earn less which is still a LOT, this means it isn't worth it
what kinda logic is this? it's their job, they're not millionaires and there's still tons of money to earn

again, from who?

There needs to be a product to sell and they already sold their product. Unless they are running a sub based service like WoW how are they supposed to get money from this?

As for the chart, you are supposed to show me where the "NEW people" that buy the game are because I can't see them. All I see is people leaving in droves after each month.

also, are you saying that all of those players are the very same that played since launch? became that's not how it works, the playerbase is constantly shifting and some people stop playing while others start

I think it's fair to say that there are far move people leaving compared to people starting.

Being fair, they've pretty much experienced all the game has to offer until a final boss is finally added. The updates adding new characters and maps is just slightly more variety to what will likely be a similar experience for a lot of runs.

>again, from who?
new players, I have no idea why this is so hard for you to grasp. this is why games like terraria survive, they're keeping a steady flow of interest through updates
I know, but they're still making good money. what would they do if they suddenly quit? they don't have the money to retire for life, they're young game devs and this is their job

Testing out a multiplayer session of the latest Mod Loader version for RoR1.
mediafire.com/file/blp9ifd6hmjmy9r/ModLoader.zip/file
That's my copy, which I uploaded and linked because everyone needs the same mods to play together. Included is a character pack, and artifact pack and Elite Spite, where spite bombs take on the properties of the elite that birthed it. Drag the unzipped ModLoader folder to your Risk of Rain directory, and launch RoRML_Launcher.

Mod Loader also allows one to copy/paste IPs instead of typing them in manually. Up to 32 players can join unlike the usual 10. I'll be hosting for 30ish minutes. This is only to see if those two game breaking bugs are still present, but I need people to test them.

Attached: 20190807030222_1.jpg (1600x900, 55K)

Looked up terraria since it kept coming up, and it seems like we are comparing dried up oranges to apples here. Terraria is apparently one of the most sold games ever and has an healthy playerbase that, as you said, keeps a steady flow of interest through updates, and that's not what we are seeing with RoR2 now is it? Or do you consider constant net loss as healthy?

The usual protocol for this is to leave a skeleton crew to provide on of life support and move the rest to a new project.

*end of life
as in software development cycle end of life.

>constant net loss
it's not loss, they sold an obscene about of copies during the first month and it's naturally slowing down. they're still making good money
you need to google what net loss means because that's not what's happening at all
also, they're in serious legal trouble if they suddenly drop the deal they made with gearbox

>skeleton crew
they have 2 coders lmao

how many in now?
joining soon

Zip. Euros at work, Americans asleep.

2/32

Vanilla pacing

Appreciated.

>you're an actual retard with zero grasp of how any of this works
Not him, but if we had a hypothetical situation where a game sold like 10 million copies and had quite small budget a loss if they didn't update the game after that? You already got money from those 10 million copies so no need to waste time or money on updates.
On RoR2 case, they made a long ass roadmap with the same fucking "dripfeeding" technique as AAA-games. So I played it like a week in a row with my friends, but then there wasn't any new content for like a month and a half so we moved to other games.
I hate roadmaps so much, why not just release stuff when you got them ready?

reminder that Hopoo abandoned Yea Forums, disowned it and is now chasing WokeBux.

It was probably the lewd mods

Game's community pretty much evaporated. That's what happens when you get greedy and release a sequel to your hit game in early access even though you had more than enough money to fund development for another year and release it complete.

>if
I don't care about "if", we're talking about ROR2 and the situation with that game specifically

That is very slow holy shit, the way deep rock did it is better.

they only have a couple of coders, they should really expand the team because this game has amazing potential

Hopoo games is two people.

And a few million bucks now

And one modanon BTFOd them in terms of productivity.

not if randy's grubby paws have anything to say about it

aw shit nigga wait for me.

We just wiped. Come on down.

didnt notice i was downloading fucking vermintide update and had abyssmal speed. coming soon

3/32

bump

>do a lot of work
>make the base of a game
>get a lot of money from release boom

>do a little more work
>finish the game
>get some more money from "actual" release

Attached: 1488052532432.jpg (500x313, 20K)

Did we all crash?

RIP

Attached: ded.png (222x67, 1K)

Shame. I'll report whatever the fuck just happened. Thanks for joining. Fuck worms.

Attached: Magma worm.png (1280x731, 118K)

Well it sold way more than it cost. Now they are dripfeeding content they have finished long time ago over next few years.
It kinda makes me sad, people defending shitty business practices.