Let's have a spicy Souls thread

>favorite game
>favorite boss
>favorite OST
>favorite weapon
>DEX or STR
I just got my Demon's Souls emulator working again. Gonna play it for the second time ever. I pretty much forgot everything from my first time through, so it'll still feel fresh.

Attached: ds8.jpg (1280x720, 139K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/UIX_-AMuAhY
youtube.com/watch?v=NIAQY2xwXPc
youtube.com/watch?v=gAsMkZrpoxY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Dark Souls 1
>Tie between Slave Knight Gael, Orphan of Kos, and Black Dragon Kalameet.
>Slave Knight Gael's battle theme
>Halberd (Not DS2 halberd)
>Dex

I haven't played bloodborne or demons souls because I do not have the money to buy playstations. In summary, am poorfag.

>Souls 1
>Nameless King
>Sir Alonne
>Drakekeeper's Greathammer
>STR

I suppose I should post, considering I made the thread.
>tie between DS1 and BB
>don't really have any specific ones, but I love Sinh, Velstadt, Oceiros, and Laurence
>I adore DS1 and DS2's menu themes; as for boss music, Father Ariandel, Nito, and Armored Spider are great
>maces, because I love the paladin aesthetic + a fat greatshield
>STR
Just emulate Demon's Souls. It works great.

Attached: 8md7vesw6pe31.jpg (2340x4160, 336K)

>Dark Souls 1
>Orphan
>youtu.be/UIX_-AMuAhY
>UGS in Dark Souls 1 and 2
>STR but not in Dex Souls 3
Fuck 3. God, what a shit game. Good soundtrack though.

I didn't like DS3 at first. I couldn't stand it. Nearly everything in it was annoying to me.
Playing it again recently, though, has been fun. I don't know if I just needed to view it with fresh eyes or something, but I like it a lot more nowadays. The same thing happened with DS2 - hated it at first, but love it now.

>Tossup between Ds1 and BB. Both great for different reasons
>Gwynn, Abyss Watchers, OoK, Artorias,
>Gehrman fight, moonlit butterfly
>Moonlit Greatsword, Zweihander, Pyromancies in general
>Dex

>favorite game
Bloodborne.
>favorite boss
Great Shinobi Owl. That singular boss is the whole package, everything is perfect. The difficulty is just right, movements are well telegraphed and transparent but still hit like a truck if you aren't on your toes, thematically relevent unlike SS Ishiin, and the fucking death dialogue.
>favorite OST
1. Great Shinobi Owl
2. Sister Friede
3. Prologue DS3
>favorite weapon
DS1:
Vanilla lightning greataxe, highest damaging weapon in the game
Claymore
Balder Side Sword
DS3:
Hollowslayer Greatsword
Giant machete that the cage dudes use
Scythe
Bloodborne
Cleaver
Kirkhammer
Ludwig Holy Blade
>DEX or STR
Str

Attached: 1558726820460.jpg (424x457, 39K)

Moonlight Butterfly OST is great, and the DS3 remix is also amazing.

Shinobi Owl is fantastic, and nobody talks about him over Father Owl. Easily my favorite fight in the game. Fantastic music and really unique fighting style that's more than just attacking you with the sword.

I mean, it's shit and will always talk shit about it. But I still put over 1k hours into it.

I don't see how you can play a game for a thousand hours and dislike it. I only put about 800 hours into my favorite game ever (Dark Souls 1).

Attached: 1564719498857.jpg (631x658, 38K)

>Dark souls 1
>Ornestein and smough
>One who craves souls
>Great club/black knight halberd
>STR

It's me or dark souls 3 feels like a complete stepdown from dark souls 1?
It's not 2 and it has all the things to be an improvement over the original (outside of magic) but it just feels colorless anfd bland, especially considering to overly linear early game.

Seriously dude, Shinobi Owl is an absolutely superb boss from his moveset to the frantic banjo in the second phase. To my dismay most soulsfags are difficulty-whores and like to rever the hardest as the best, although there are some genuinely good hard bosses like Orphan.

Shinobi Owl is the only reason I even bother replaying the game, and it's reason enough.

BB
-Dragonslayer Armour, Ludwig the Accursed, Sihn The Slumbering Dragon,
-Queen of Vilebloods, False King, Vordt of the Boreal Valley
-Mirdam Hammer, Lifehunt Scythe, Stone Twinblade, Loyce Greatsword, Velka's Rapier, Hollowslayer.
-DEX, but not a particular fan of curved sword or katanas

Attached: 54ea4cc64977073df7b21bd7423c93bd.jpg (2328x3008, 1017K)

Damn, I forgot to add the Church Pick and Burial Blade to favorite weapons.

That was probably series burnout. Same happened to me. Dropped without finishing it, came back to it recently and I've grown fond to it.

I just got a slim with 2 controllers and 17 games for 60 leafs. Are that poor?

As far as atmosphere, I don't think anything compares to Ds1. The horror-gothic medieval high fantasy setting was complimented by the lack of direct narrative to be revealed through seamless gameplay, and punishing but rewarding mechanics. Dark Souls was already a sequel, or at least a game within the same vein of another, in the sense that Demons Souls predeceased it, but wasn't nearly as highly acclaimed or well-selling, and was effectively a second attempt at a semi-unique for the time genre. The developers took extra care with some of: *cough*Izalith*cough* it knowing how much they'd be pushing for marketing. By the time FROM got around to counting to 3, they had their combat mechanics formula down, and only made slight adjustments to flow and pacing for "QoL" purposes. The world, although pretty, didn't carry that same charm of fantasy-plausible, and surely didn't have the same interconnectivity that was so awe-inspiring about Ds1 and Bloodborne. Looking at a 3 dimensional model of the Ds1 game world from a perspective of totality, you can see just how much time was taken to design the multiple areas to fit seamlessly together like pieces to a jigsaw puzzle and still retain narrative plausability in the areas positions relative to one another. Bloodborne made a couple cracks at the same concept, but fell a little shorter in the amount of wide hallways leading to dead-ends with boss fights (Hemwick charnel, bergenwerth, Old Yarnham, etc). Ds1 was well designed, felt satisfying to play and employed a setting with properly harrowing dialogue to accentuate the mechanics it was built around. The sequels are just variations of a masterpiece. They can be enjoyable in their own right, but will never stand up to the emotional expression the original did, like any form of art.

As much as I love the O&S visual aesthetic and music, the Adjudicator theme music is so fucking memorably. Shit sounds like one of Burzums prison records.

youtube.com/watch?v=NIAQY2xwXPc

I discovered Demon's last, at the beginning of this year, grabbed a used PS3. Really, really liked it and beat it a couple times, so it's still kind of got the "new toy syndrome" to me

>favorite game
Dark Souls
>favorite boss
Blue Smelter
>favorite OST
youtube.com/watch?v=gAsMkZrpoxY
>favorite weapon
Bastard Sword, in all the games
>DEX or STR
I guess more Str but I like some Dex weapons too

>tfw never got the Balder Side Sword
am I really missing out that much? It seems to be everybody's favorite sword.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 53K)

Bloodborne
Dragon God
Demons Souls
Spiked Mace
Strength

Demon's Souls music is really unique. As the series has progressed, the music has gotten a lot more fast-paced and orchestral - which isn't bad, but stuff like Old Hero, Idol, Adjudicator, Nito, Pinwheel, Chariot, Rotten, etc. will always be great. Sekiro had some stand-out music that was more melodic and less in-your-face, like Great Shinobi. We'll see how Elden Ring sounds.

Honestly you kind of are. It's a full blown dex weapon but hits like a str weapon.

>Bloodborne
>Kalameet
>Cleric Beast
>Ludwig's Holy Blade
>keep HP low and level up all the rest of my stats
I actually prefer most of the bosses in Bloodborne over Kalameet or at least the concept behind them. They all have their little quirks that i love but none of them are very interesting to fight.

>DS1
>Ludwig, The Accursed/Holy Blade
>BB OST
>Lothric Knight Sword
>Both

Attached: Bloodborne.jpg (960x540, 95K)

> 3 because of playing it with my friends, 1 is generally better though
>Iudex
>Ludwig's Theme
>FUGS
>Strongth
I should play Demon's Souls, but I don't feel like going through the effort of installing it.

Definitely do it. Download that shit, post haste.