With so many other fighting games' success challenging Capcom's "only Street Fighter and Marvel sell" dogma...

With so many other fighting games' success challenging Capcom's "only Street Fighter and Marvel sell" dogma, might they finally revive one of their other previous fighting game franchises?

Attached: capcomfighting.png (584x566, 335K)

Power Stone all day

Darkstalkers or Rival Schools are the only IPs on there that actually stand somewhat of a chance to be revived.

Capcom probably won't bring back either though, they've lost their touch with fighting games.

I honestly don't want Capcom to make a new Darkstalkers because they'd fuck it up.

I want to see a sequel to rival schools/project justice

I just wanna see Kung-Fu werewolf again

I highly doubt that when Capcom's most popular fighting series start getting dabbed on, their first course of action would be to revive some shit nobody cared about 20 years ago

SNK managed to revive Samurai Shodown. Anything's possible.

Tech Romancer as a Gundam VS competitor.
Star Gladiator as a sci fi Soulcalibur clone.
Rival Schools as a proper "hyper fighting" 3D fighter (think closer to DOA or even Bloody Roar in speed and feel rather than VF or Tekken).

I highly doubt they'd be willing to invest in a proper new fighting game IP and Darkstalkers wouldn't be esports friendly.

Power Stone isn't a real fighting game.

More like not budget-friendly. You've got a cast of characters who can't go for half a second without shapeshifting and doing zany sight gags.

I want the entire right side back in some form, hell ill even take remasters or something.

Well that too.

SNK actually has people who worked on fighting games in the 90s like Oda and Neo G(he just left after Samsho came out though), and they don't have Capcom budget so they have no choice but to work harder on the gameplay

With TEPPEN being a thing I doubt Capcom will want to do a company crossover at the moment. Darkstalkers won't come back because it will 100% run into all the graphical problems that SFV had but be even worse.
SF is absolutely going to go dormant after S4.
Capcom fighting games have nothing else except reviving an old series (that's not Darkstalkers) or make a new franchise.

Samurai Shodown is one of like three SNK IPs that are even worth a shit. SNK literally went bankrupt twice and got bought out by chinks who gave them enough money escape pachinko hell and make a low-budget hail mary cashgrab game.

Street Fighter 6 is most likely set to be a PS5 release title. I think SFV has another season and 2021 SF6 will come along ps5

After how hard SFV got clowned on I really doubt Sony will want to be involved with SF that quickly.

Street Fighter needs to go into dormancy again for awhile, I doubt Capcom wants to try bringing back any old fighting game IPs too.

And with OP post it is proven that FGC are a bunch of cancer autists when a party fighter is a fighting game but not smash bros

But damn, a new Power Stone would be cash. Better not happening Capcom would ruin it.

So they'll just let their relevance in one of their most known genres continue to slip? Specially with the whole "Capcom redemption" narrative going on that I'm sure the company is aware of by now?