How is Torna? Is it worth getting along with the main game?

How is Torna? Is it worth getting along with the main game?
And what's with this boy wearing a skirt?

Attached: __lora_xenoblade_2_ogon_no_kuri_ira_and_etc_drawn_by_saitou_masatsugu__28ddd3d9ac538c095e8b8870f3c01 (759x1185, 677K)

>prequel DLC
>being worth it
Pick one. Prequel DLC is bottom of the barrel, LCD trash that's basically free money for developers, because they don't have to put in any effort to write anything or make anything that has an impact on the main game.

Fuck you

What, is he going to wear pants over that... leg armor?

Torna is probably better than the main game, gameplay and storywise. Not that the original is bad or anything, but Torna is fucking kino.

I'd personally advise alternating playing chapters once you complete chapter 3 of XB2. So XB2 c3> Torna c1 > XB2 c4 > Torna c2 etc etc.

Can you play the DLC without the base game?

What an autistic opinion

Besides Lora being as well written and interesting as a plank of wood. Jin saves the fucking dlc.

You can buy it separately i believe, yeah

yeah, but the best order is main game -> torna -> main game
9.5/10 and lora is best girl

That fucks up everything you dumbass.

The way the game was supposed to go was.

XBC2 Chapter 1-7 > Torna> XBC2 Chapter 8-10

Better game play than basegame
Mandatory padding sidequests

I liked it better than XC2 to be honest. Preferred the combat, characters, and the lack of the gacha was nice.
Unfortunately never finished it because I cannot be bothered to do side quests. Terrible decision to force them onto you.

>Mr. H said he saw a female that looked like a fighting game character!

She's in bros.

God forbid the game makes you play it.

>Please go beat up these enemies/get me this item
They were better than XC2's side quests, but I still didn't care for them.

Why would you though?

Why he wearing skirt?

Torna was a mixed bag for me, but I still enjoyed my time with it. The sidequests really flesh out the otherwise undeveloped cast, so do as many of them as possible. My biggest complaints are the number of lore inconsistencies with the main game, and the chaotic combat pacing. I found Torna's combat faster than the main games, however, the flow of battle has lost its rhythmic feel and each character feels like a separate party thanks to the new blade system. The main game is slower, but the way it uses timing and rhythm elements makes each fight feel like a genuine team effort. My biggest positive for the DLC is the subtle development towards the duality of Rex/Pyra and Jin/Lora and how similar these characters, and their respective arcs, are at their cores. I do believe it's worth playing after the main game IF you can handwave any inconsistencies in the writing.

Attached: 1554742037551.jpg (846x592, 98K)

Protagonist reminds me of pic related

Attached: 1531410722654(2).png (1920x1080, 2.31M)

who?

this boy is super cute i love him

Not this specifically, but I tend to enjoy prequels simply because the characters tend to not be generic plot armor heroes.

I think it's worse than the main game but worth it. It's better to have different combat than the same since the base game explores everything it could with the combat system with the battle arena. Story is worse though since almost nothing happens

Basically this, the story and combat are better than the base game, but they really dump the side quests onto you, which are required to progress at some points. Felt like they had trouble tweaking the experience curve or something so they just supplemented it with loads and loads of side quests. They don't really serve any practical purpose except to add fluff and character interaction to an otherwise very short story