Untitled

Attached: pac-man-smash-ultimate-625x352.png (625x352, 277K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1wnnv5zySAk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

oh shit
here comes pac-man

Feels like he's the 3rd party that made the smallest splash. I sometimes forget he's in the game.

Attached: Pac & Kirby.jpg (688x387, 123K)

would you fuck it?

Attached: 6 inches.jpg (1280x720, 165K)

I mean it could be that getting results with him requires tons of extra effort like Ryu

>announce Pac at a close event with only some selected people
>meanwhile the character they announce at e3 is Sakurai's shitty waifu

Anyone else had to search who he was when he got into Smash? Never saw Pacman before that

>*drops a hydrant*
>"BRO PAC MAINS ARE 700IQ MADMEN HOLY SHITTT"

Attached: pacyoshi.png (1274x700, 1.13M)

Gxycd

Who is "it"? Pac, Olimar, or one of the Pikmin?

Yyhhddhhddrtsg

This. Sakurai's ego and pride for his own shitty game got in the way as usual.

PAC MAN

Attached: Manny Pac-Man Pacquiao.jpg (679x452, 27K)

Yyhhddhhddrtsg

Still waiting for that echo, Masahiro.

Attached: MsPacman2.jpg (174x278, 14K)

>Sakurai's shitty waifu
Which one again? Paluntina was in 4... was it Inkling?

Sakurai's head was not right during Smash Four.

Pac-Man was the reason I brought Smash Four and even he couldn't save the game for me.

>Sakurai went into more detail about custom moves during the closed doors event
>reveal custom moves: the character during the direct instead
What the fuck was he thinking

Is it me, or does nintendo just not care about amiibo anymore. Like, the WiiU had dozens of cosmetics and such for amiibos, while I can't think of a switch game that has more than 10 amiibo with unique functionality

Pac-Man was from Smash 4, so yes, it was Palutena.
Isn't Ms Pac-Man tangled up in an ownership mess? I know for sure that it isn't solely Bandai Namco that owns her as a character.

I feel like, at least in the West, Hero generated by far the least amount of hype of the 3rd parties. Everybody knew a DQ rep was coming but nobody besides hardcore DQ fans were excited over it. When the reveal trailer dropped, everybody was on the "muh generic anime sword fighter xD" train again. Nobody gave 2 shits until we saw actual gameplay

Attached: Final-Fantasy-Erdricks_Grave_NES.jpg (1200x1050, 869K)

My favorite third party inclusion of the series still. They've got two more chances left in the Pass to top Pac Man for me.

Hope you like Dark Souls

Doomguy or The Prince are the only things I can think of that would potentially top Pac Man for me. Banjo would have done it if I didn't expect them no matter what.

She is not or she wouldn't be in the Pac-Land Stage. That was cleared up decades ago.

Attached: 1534135080091.jpg (1280x720, 135K)

Wrong, I never played dragon quest in my life, but I watched dragon quest dai no daibouken and has toriyama's art, godly music too. When I saw the trailer I was hyped as fuck, characters that made no hype were bayo and joker

No, that was situated in the 90's. She wouldn't have appeared in the Pac-Man World games in that case.

>No Pac-Man World or other Pac-Man games Music besides Pac-Mania, just Namco medleys and remixes (while not bad, they should have picked pacman music, that's like putting the belmonts and only having twinbee and parodius music)
>Only Pac-Man World moves are his flip kick from world 2 and the pac-dot chain
>Pac-Land is the worst stage ever and Pac-Maze is stuck on 3ds forever
>4 only had trophies for shit like the ghosts, the fairy and the fucking fruit (and all of them in 8-bit), no ms.pac-man, no prof.pac, no jr.pac, no toc-man, no spooky, no pal, etc...
>same shit with spirits

Because unlike other third parties where their Smash representation is a glorious autistic love letter to the series, Sakurai seemed outright embarassed to have the Pacster in Smash. His moves and trophies reference three games: Pac-Man, Super Pac-Man, and Pac-Land.

... Forty years of Pac-Man history and that's ALL we get.

According to a piece way back, Miyamoto suggested Pac-Man in Brawl and Sakurai was confused as to how his in-game sprite would work in Smash, almost as if he never saw his actual artwork from the cabinets. You'd think with how busy he says he always is, he'd have time for a short arcade game which would fit in his busy schedule.

Attached: 1380170406496.gif (167x172, 12K)

His moves also reference other NAMCO classics and World in Up Air as Bicycle Kick
He's a legacy character 100%
Also no one even gives a shit about the World games, lets be real. the only memorable thing from those is that they spawned the current Pac Man design

YO YO YO YO YOOO

>nobody cares about world games
Bitch every kid i met loved pac-world 1 and 2 and they sold very well, and they actually bothered with making Pac-Man a character in world (specially 3) instead of just being Namco's mascot.

Sakurai doesn't hate Pacman, he hates modern Pacman. That's why his presentation is as retro as possible.
Sakurai even said that if Namco had forced him to use the modern design, he'd have cut him.

from what sonic game is that?

Yeah I’m thinking he’s based.

He has the Flipkick from the World games

>the only memorable thing from those is that they spawned the current Pac Man design
nigger what

Attached: pac.jpg (480x360, 41K)

>Also no one even gives a shit about the World games, lets be real. the only memorable thing from those is that they spawned the current Pac Man design

Attached: 1484958479763.gif (320x240, 493K)

Sonic Dash, the same game that has Hello Kitty, Angry Birds, and the mascot for Android as playable characters.

This made me laugh

Because Pacman is fucking lame. It's like they just gave the spot to him out of pity because Namco begged for it.

Attached: pac.jpg (1920x1080, 119K)

They definitely eased up, particularly after amiibo Festival. But Breath of the Wild had a ton of them too. They probably figure they have too many of them out there now, and if they're gonna do something with them, it should work with at least some of the ones they made already, with one or two new ones.

Personally, I'm thankful. Characters like Link got way too many figurines. He's getting yet another one next month for Link's Awakening.

Breath of the Wild is on Wii U

True, but it got like 13 amiibo, some in mid-to-late 2017. Hopefuly BotW2 makes good use of them because I bought almost all of them.

Wrong Stevefags were also excited because every "insider" said both Steve and Erdrick were in

I would argue that palutena needed the e3 boost since KI isnt as well known but then I dont get why he didnt just put pacman in the direct too

Or reveal him at the invitational's end. Now that would have turned heads. That whole event was fun as fuck watching it with Yea Forums.
youtube.com/watch?v=1wnnv5zySAk