dropbox.com/s/fhlhzvvsyzkjadt/Bigfatties.zip?dl=0
starbounder.org/Category:Removed
youtube.com/watch?v=CcnnVjTW00I
youtu.be/epIsi3GqkXk
youtube.com/watch?v=Wj0fhBt2mIg
youtube.com/watch?v=UxqUA4Onjuk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Shit, what didn't go wrong?

Do I really have to talk about the fat mod to get answers?

Attached: 1558126966060.gif (279x350, 2.31M)

Didn't the game expand so much that the depth into everything about it was essentially meaningless and the 'endgame' or whatever was garbo?

shit endgame and diaperfags

Attached: MUSHU.jpg (220x244, 13K)

They got paid in full before the work was even halfway finished.

90% of the budget went to marketing, 10% went to actually programming the game, that's how Chucklefish rolls

Attached: 66927928_2885816411459972_4713386209726955520_n.jpg (712x704, 26K)

removing everything

Attached: EGTyKAt.jpg (816x540, 294K)

All content is pointless and the sense of progression is garbage

God damn, You know what I want to do? I want to make a game like Starbound but with an INFINITELY superior crafting system. Think the Tinker's construct mod from Minecraft. Would make the game's progression way better since its not "Look for better items in a chest", instead you actually make the weapons.

It's next to impossible to fuck NPCs on furniture because they never use it

and of that 10%, the majority of the work was fucking around making more and more pixel art with the same fucking functionality as the last hundred furniture items of the same type

I'd love to see a starbound/terraria style game but with smelting taking actual time, with automation available.

>smelting taking actual time, with automation available
So go play WoW and see how fucking dull that gets when you've put some effort into finding ore

Why was there only a single dungeon/village design for each race? These fuckers were so god damn fucking lazy they couldn't even spend a single hour making new dungeons for each planet type?

Attached: chucklepup2.jpg (1285x1222, 405K)

WoW lets you set up smelting factories?

Devs focused all their efforts into making the game cute instead of making it fun. They knew modders would pick up the rest of the slack.

Attached: 24iLwWy.png (87x92, 2K)

How can Chucklefish take care of a puppy if they can't even take care of their own game?

almost everything was randomly generated
without the polish of human taste, everything is just bland as fuck

The dog died, so

they couldn't, pupper died

>Starbound is terrible and the guy responsible for it is a huge dickhead
>Starbound's most popular mod is terrible and the guy responsible for it is an even bigger dickhead

It's like pottery

Attached: happy-man-looking-at-computer.jpg (640x435, 28K)

I just want a good space exploration game. Fuck why is that too much to fucking ask?

One of the tranny artists who worked on Starbound is working on a new space exploration game with some goons, it'll probably be terrible but who knows

Just play No Man's Sky bro

Attached: 20190807035212_1.jpg (1920x1080, 472K)

You have Freelancer for that

He said good, user

This may be vaporware, but playing a fiddle in a igloo during a snowstorm with your mates listening is probably the most comfy experience I ever had in a game.

They didn't know what the fuck they wanted to do and the planets have less the depth of a single biome in Terraria

And I said No Man's Sky

Attached: 20190806062208_1.jpg (1920x1080, 454K)

Empyrion

yes
The fat mod is literally Starbounds saving grace at this point.

Attached: 1533748254550.gif (500x372, 196K)

I honestly prefered it when the gameplay loop was just a cycle of beating bosses, unlocking starmaps and finding better ore to summon the next boss rather than all this forced story stuff they tried to add.

It's really funny how every new game they make adds an option to disable dogs dying. Guess that is still a sore subject with them.

Attached: Chucklepup.jpg (600x800, 89K)

The sprite art I think

I can't find any sources that prove this claim

What mod?

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO HER
HOW DID SHE DIE

Attached: A13A5A07-251A-4853-AEBE-0C30AA35B9B6.jpg (750x649, 80K)

Frackin' Universe is basically that.
Get to building.

>putting a puppy bed next to live electrical cables
Because dogs don't chew on things

Look at where her bed is.
See anything... Shocking?

Flower girls, that's about it.

robot waifus but they were really underdeveloped. like most things in this game.

>announce they have a puppy
>nothing about it for the longest time
>announce they have a new puppy
Yeah I'm sure she's fine

Its because every fucking sandbox-spacedev takes Star trek as an inspiration, They can't look past it. I'm not saying its a bad thing to make something inspired by it but god damn at least innovate a little.
Realistically, Space would be more akin to the wild west. You're incomprehensibly far from large scale civilization, The law and anyone with minimal medical knowledge can't find you. Towns are rickety 7 building messes where the inhabitants can't fend for themselves and need someone with actual expertise to help them incase of a lawless Son-of-a-bitch decides that today's a good day to die. And god help you if you accidentally get stranded in the middle of nowhere with no map, since the elements will take you faster than anyone could find you.
Plus, People don't understand the brutality of space. Magnetars can rip out the iron from your blood, Kessler syndrome can rip your space craft into shreds if you get into a particularly "dirty" orbit, And there's always the once in a literal lifetime chance that a Gamma ray burst can collide directly with you. Its terrifying, really.

Attached: 1546656154131.jpg (556x544, 223K)

Realistically, space would be populated by groups prepared well in advance to live there, precisely because every settlement would have to be self sufficient from the start

So cut the "muh realism" crap when you're arguing for a world where space travel can be done by any group of idiots who think it sounds like a lark.

Post tour starbound stories
>Bought the game for the vore mod when it was on sale
>Played with that mod for maybe a day before trying out multiple different mods
>Hours later I am now a necromancer that wears the flesh of old gods
Not what I was expecting but playing as a Necromancer/Wizard wolf that goes around the universe killing random people and gathering things for mad science was nice

Attached: mythical_beast_master_cerberus_by_yugi_master-dbl1a6w.png (721x536, 1.83M)

Retard

Pretty much, really.
next update when.

Attached: 1548480383756.png (156x135, 22K)

You are, yes, but luckily they don't discriminate here

Fuck off chucklefish.

The waifu potential is pretty high across all the races. Plants and stars are the top tier amongst them, though.

>autism

Source me the fuck up.

Attached: 1562984489980.png (436x414, 302K)

nowadays who isn't?

dropbox.com/s/fhlhzvvsyzkjadt/Bigfatties.zip?dl=0
(Made by @ShyDispatch on twitter.)

You got some pictures to go with that, champ?

>ShyDispatch
Then made bank off stardew valley and never looked back.

Thank you based user.

Attached: 1517991702593.png (152x254, 40K)

I always played Starbound with Frackin and had an amazing time.

Never knew without Frackin its this Barren.

Too many idea with bad execution.

Fuck if I know, but I remember it literally becoming less fun as time went on. Like, at some point the game just randomly became clunkier and more annoying to play.
Kind of impressive that they managed to take n in-development game and make it worse than its beta builds.

In a bit.

Get a cute tubbo hylotl over here you coward

i still play it but only with mods and when listening to something else (podcasts/music/etc)
it's still a mess of a game though

Attached: shame.png (253x116, 28K)

You are like little baby, watch this

Attached: help.png (272x117, 40K)

you are beyond help

Designing the initial donation page like a kickstater page, then acting surprised or confused when people were mad you weren't treating it like a kickstarter donation.

The one dev posting code questions on reddit after posting on twitter about the digits in their salary (For context iirc it was more of a "Like why do I even get paid this?lol" kind of post)

the fucking hug box forum

Bad mouthing your audience who you totally lied to about the state of your game when you released it

"I dont answer, stupid, obnoxious questions"

Refusing to find a middle ground between the idiots who said "YOU CAN'T MAKE THE RACES DIFFERENT THEN PEOPLE WILL BE FORCED TO MINMAX HUAUHAUUHA" (Even tho mods rendered all of that moot) and people who wanted uniqueness in the races

Office dog

>Hey we're publishing this game even tho we said we're working fully on Starbound! Well it doesn't take much to publish a game so it's NBD! What do you mean 'what do we if it doesn't take much'? This is getting off topic, thread locked.

Coming onto Yea Forums or having the hugbox come on Yea Forums in an effort to attempt to damage control / change opinions.

And then the updates, trying to please Yea Forums and their hug box they had, what, 3 different versions of the game you could play at one point? Test, Unstable, Stable?

The hug. box. forums.

When they were going to stop associating with the guy who made the first big gun mod, when he outed them by showing people the contract they wanted him to sign. Said contract would have made the mod their property and if they wanted to add it to the game as a feature, credit or even payment free, they could. I kinda stopped paying attention around then

>the guy who made the first big gun mod
oh shit i remember that
i thought i dreamt that up or something

I always immediately start playing games with mods and pointless bloat as well

Oh speaking of the hugbox forums, did you know they had a secret section that only goons could post on where they talked shit about everyone else on the forum?

I remember that, but iirc it wasn't anything other than two or so people jerking each other off.
Still, that was some hilariously infuriating times

frakin

>tfw only recently broke 1k hrs in terreria
I mean as much as I hate CF they clearly tapped into a certain autism.

This is the lowest level, Just a little tease.

Attached: starbound_kx1nV5STi5.png (336x282, 26K)

Game was only good for one thing.

Attached: 1551797527781.png (585x419, 43K)

Is it not okay yet, with updates?
I was thinking of booting it up again for another try, I've only done tried to get into it twice, first time was really early and I just got bored, second time I got turned off by the new story/tutorial.

Attached: 1407795371227.jpg (640x640, 174K)

lewd mods and rp server when i want to force my big futa floran dick into some poor sparefarers business

i'm mildly interested

and nobody fucking DREW ANYTHING FOR IT
GOD

good luck trying. last starbound group I was in hardly played until I left until 1.0 dropped and even then, there wasn't a surge in players. the /vg/ threads remained dead.

Attached: 1408627020318.jpg (600x480, 72K)

Is it compatible with the vore mod?

yes but that mod sucks so why bother?

Not so sure, though the creator is hinting at incorporating vore in the next update, methinks.

It was hyped as being a superior replacement to Terraria. When they finally did release it for people to play, everyone quickly learned it was boring, empty and lifeless. Not even the latest updates fixed some of its fundamental problems. What is infinite planets when they will use prefab settlements and dungeons? What is NPC radiant quests when they are all generic and offer generic randomized reward? Not even mods could address the emptiness of this "infinite" game. It's like No Man's Sky. You essentially have played the game without really having to delve so much into many planets. There are only a tiny number of characters and they are hollow. The mods horizontally expand the game's problems rather than fix them. Fracking Universe is shit.

It just a shame there's no good alternative to how you play frackin. too many quests

>spoiler
You know what, if he does that and manages to make it interactive, then it might as well replace the current one for everybody except the most hardcore of furfags who need their OCs in the mod like the current one has.

Some of the budget also went towards moving all their employees to the UK so they could work more efficiently

Well there's no popularity which doesn't really incentivize anyone to draw more.

Attached: 1551811519037.jpg (714x1000, 311K)

I know, and I WISH that these morons had as much effort put into this game that ape did with Stardew, at least then with an artist that could program as well as he could make things look pretty, this game could function as well as it looks

Attached: 1469619532597.jpg (732x1080, 71K)

Good.
Go further.

starbound general was fucking terrible anyway, and i was there until the day it died

They were too busy killing puppies bought with donation money than to work on the game and make it something decent.

Attached: 1560450217213.jpg (480x794, 121K)

I'll just post this here.

Attached: 1562820711402m.jpg (1024x370, 62K)

Man why are Floran so damn cute?

Attached: 1551811242884.jpg (1000x723, 138K)

How bad was it? It can't have been more cancerous than the average roleplay server

based

You're a faggot

Attached: 1448076000624.png (2800x1012, 859K)

What's the problem nigger?

It's funny because even though Starbound was gutted at release and its updates are underwhelming, it is way better than Terraria.

>473253940
>way better than Terraria
Not even going to dignify this awful bait with a (you)

Attached: 1559922880255.gif (400x287, 1.04M)

You could just say "bump" you know.

Sorry if the truth hurts your feelings

got any actual arguments to back that up champ? or are you just gonna go THING YOU LIKE BAD THING ME LIKE GOOD

Starbound's only saving grace is degeneracy, but even then it's only good for about 10 minutes, or if you're a furry who spergs out because he has to play a human.
As an actual videogame, Terraria is better in every way.

Attached: gasball.png (93x152, 5K)

I haven't played it but I've watched a friend play it. What's so bad about it?

Attached: hand.jpg (1536x1024, 166K)

Similar question,
My friend conviced me to buy it when it initally released as early access saying it was a better terraria. Haven't touched it since. All I remember was it having very bland flat worlds and convulted crafting system that was very steep and hard to progress without grinding for hours. How much has changed?
also does the fat mod have weight gain/feeding

Attached: 1549130248716.jpg (467x440, 25K)

Lot of the content was gutted throughout early access, It's an absolute hollowed out husk now.
and yes the fat mod has a wg option, plus a feeding gun thingy (i don't know how it works though)

the tldr version is that they made too many promises and kept almost none and removed game features instead of polishing them to the point the beta had more content than release (and quite possibly even now)

yes

>tfw did watersports ERP in this game

Attached: 1552113639877.gif (398x444, 494K)

How the fuck does a developer REMOVE features and get away with it? Surprised I didn't hear about it being a shit show earlier.

Attached: 1549226255310.png (313x266, 161K)

not defending chucklefuck but the puppy was probably weak and was going to die anyway

If I play it now for the first time will I notice?

sometimes (rarely) removing a feature is a good thing
see: hunger mechanics

Remember when you could just travel to dangerous planets at level 1 without having to go through a handholding upgrade tree?

Remember when the game actually had survival mechanics like hunger and temperature?

Remember when this game started out kind of good and seemed like it had a future?

Attached: 1460069319678.jpg (848x454, 64K)

Outer Wilds
Go ahead and pirate it, Tim's got you covered.

what said
I'd pirated the beta and was like
>Wow! this is cool! Survivng alone on a deserted
planet? This sort of hopelessness is new to me!
>Is that a motherfucking temperature system? I actually get COLD from standing in the rain? This is awesome!
>Fucking HUNGER mechanics in a 2d game like this was new to me
>years later, decide to pick it up for 15 bucks
>they removed the temperature system
>hunger got removed
>all sense of survival was out the window
>now have a backstory as do all the other races
>fast forward to 1.0
>everyone has the same backstory
>you gotta SAAAAAAAAAVE THE WOOOOOOOOOORLD instead of surviving and thriving and maybe eventually boning everything out there in the stars
>planets boring as fuck
>used to be you could go and mine moons forever to get as much fuel for your ship as you needed
>they went and threw some "spoopy" ghost bullshit to keep you out of there
>it's never explained WHY it's there
>used to have a moon base with NPCs deep below the surface of one but now I can't rebuild it
There's a bunch of other shit that'll make older backers angry, but i'm a babby compared to them and that simple shit pissed me off the most.

Attached: 1441949947923.jpg (468x423, 25K)

Trying to fix what wasn't broken gameplay-wise and focusing on fucking storyline in a motherfucking sandbox game.

Attached: 1556114414716.jpg (717x402, 32K)

>mfw i actually fucking preordered starbound
>mfw i watched the game get progressively worse with every release
>mfw they slapped in a shitty excuse for a story with unskippable cutscenes and dialogue every time i want to start a new playthrough
>mfw i think about starbound

Attached: 1510464955997.gif (264x320, 1.48M)

you'll notice every race is sucking up to human cock without due reason due to their species-specific storyline being missing at the very least
otherwise you'll definitely notice the "dig for ore, make armor, new planet, dig for ore, make armor+1" gameplay loop getting very stale very fast
or the completely empty worlds

>tfw trying not to remember how bad it got

Attached: 1547956583382.jpg (824x579, 85K)

Enraged Koala is the best version of the game.

>implying I'm gonna bother writing a thesis for some anonymous guy on Yea Forums just so he can call me retard and ignore my arguments altogether

Stargate is better.

i'm not even that user but if you're going to say 'x is better than y' and not give a single reason then you're just a faggot and need to drop the delusion that your opinion holds any significance

so you have none
gotcha

And yet no one in this thread has stated his reason for why he likes Terraria more than Starbound. Therefore, this thread is full of shitposters with worthless opinions.

Thanks for proving me right.

You have to prove something before you can be proven right (or wrong, for that matter), my underaged friend.

Attached: 1537023232385.jpg (600x673, 83K)

lol. probably named the dog SPARKY haha.

No she is absolutely fine look she's all grown up and it's not suspicious in the slightest that now she's a completely different breed!

Attached: 1540469814091.png (806x809, 589K)

Why did Chucklefuck name their updates after retarded animal feelings instead of 1.0 number like a normal game? Stupid shit like enraged Koala and happy giraffe tell me nothing.

Attached: 1548246619849.gif (448x344, 1.6M)

more climates and fantastic areas to see and explore

either pretending or legit retard

>Spread out content across zillions of planets
>99.9999999% of planets are literally barren
Most of what little content you could find is so lame and lukewarm that even when you did find "anything" it was fucking nothing. Finding something interesting was outright impossible.
Every planet should have been as dense and content-packed as a Terraria world, with multiple biomes on a single planet.

there's nothing fucking in them. there's not a single piece of uniquity below the paper thin surface of any location in starbound. there's is no significant progressive hurdle in starbound whatsoever, at any point

and i bought this stupid fucking game for myself and a friend when it was still in beta. for a lot more than terraria was, at that

>And yet no one in this thread has stated his reason for why he likes Terraria more than Starbound.
k
>gameplay loop nowhere near as stale
>no forced cutscenes to tell a halfassed AN ANCIENT EVIL AWAKENS, YOU AS THE CHOSEN ONE MUST STOP IT
>world doesn't feel barren and devoid of content, there are a lot less biomes but they're actually filled with content, especially biome-specific loot and enemies, instead of lonely scattered chests
>doesn't rely on soulless procgen to make the entire game in the developer's stead, from loot to enemies
>much better armor and weapon variety
>fishing

there are multiple biomes on a single planet

>there's nothing fucking in them
weapons, decorations, enemies, resources, comfy places, endless caves to explore, villages, quests are nothing?
k den
guess Terraria world is empty then too

How would you have made this game better Yea Forums? First I'd get rid of the retarded random generated galaxy shit and condense it to a hand crafted galactic arm that's main hyperlane out is cut off from unknown anomaly.

Attached: 1563983507820.png (609x460, 532K)

>there are multiple biomes on a single planet
and all of them are completely empty save for a couple scattered chests with a procedurally generated weapon in them and a random biome furniture schematic

Attached: 1563311624398.png (237x218, 128K)

Ok, so where are your arguments?

>presents generalized aphorisms as arguments and expects to be taken seriously
Try again

>Ok, so where are your arguments?
I didn't make any statements. Burden of proof is on you.

Are you autistic? Do you need an /s at the end of a post just like on reddit?

OP made the claim that Starbound is shit. I don't have to do shit.

>Try again
So (you) can dismiss everything I said again without even reading it? No, I don't think I will. Take your meds.

Starbound being shit and Starbound being better than Terraria are not mutually exclusive statements.
Back. Your. Shit.

Thanks for agreeing with me lol

hypocrite

Keep the random generation but flesh it out with lots of unique by-biome mini-dungeons, structures, loot, etc
Scrap the shitty story and replace it with a separate storyline based on your character's race, it wouldn't be necessary to do to progress but you could learn more about your race's lore through it
Keep that one guy on who made a shitload of gun variants, have the existing power bar used for energy weapons but also add normal bullet guns that use different types of ammo with reload speeds and firing modes
Personal energy shielding replaces your armor for most of your combat purposes, armor provides defense when your shield is down but is mostly used for environmental protection ie heat/cold/radiation
Monsters and bosses get redesigned with better attack variety, add lots more biome-specific static monsters and minibosses, randomly generated monsters still exist but become the minority rather than the majority, often found in Apex labs as experiments or on planets with heavy Apex presence as escaped experiments
ship customization as a base feature, with racial-specific parts if you want to make a ship befitting your race
Basically just increase the gameplay variety by a fuckload and improve the combat

By your logic, you are the one that needs to explain himself. Where are your arguments?

I'm not OP though. Let me refresh your goldfish memory: I've made no statements.

>there are multiple biomes on a single planet
No there are not. Every planet is a single Desert or Temperate or Flesh or Swamp or Whatever for the entire length around.
Nobody wants to dig through the mostly nothing ground at random with the hope of finding some goo plant biome with nothing except a single treasure chest in it containing a few Flares and 18 Pixels, all the while having forty different colors of Dirt filling up their inventory on the way down.

>Every
Not every. Some planets have a single other biome on the surface, like Tar in Desert planets, which may or may not be there after 10 minutes of walking in a single direction, and may or may not have a chest with shitty throwing weapons and the same blueprint for the Tar bed you found last time you found a Tar biome.

>300 hours
>299 are exclusively in the beta version
I have never seen a Dev actively remove shit and make the game worse with each update until Chucklefuck

Attached: 1564695749531.png (997x697, 1.39M)

I think multiple storylines based on every race would be a bit too much. Instead of the horrible fucking one we got it should be about a total war between Human and Apex over territory disputes and the ship you play on jumps right into a vicious space battle between the two taking damage and crashing on habital planet below.

Attached: 1537541145583.png (500x450, 146K)

>would be a bit too much
and you'd be right, because chucklefuck dev team was just artists and ideasguys with only one person doing actual programming

I just don't see how every individual story for every race would really play out, would probably be better to just condense it but not a shitty way like Chucklefuck did being power rangers finding the Chaos emeralds to stop the hentai tentacle monster. Galaxy at war would be so much better.

Attached: The_Combine.jpg (1280x1024, 881K)

A game entirely about florans fucking everything up for everyone else when

Attached: pants.jpg (2250x4250, 919K)

>Lose the story, add in Terraria-style progression that might need you to jump between some planets
>Make race relevant in fluff and crunch
>Planets as more than just mono-biome entities on the surface that have the latest and greatest kind of ore underneath, where all planets look samey
>Systems are distinguished by being in either controlled or uncontrolled space, with varying friendless/hostility found in each so the universe doesn't feel fucking empty of civilization but not without a sense of wilderness
>Revamp augmentations to be more useful beyond walljumps
>Energy is used exclusively for augs, make melee and stamina use other sources
>Guns have actual gun mechanics and use all kinds of ammo
>Bring back some alpha/beta stuff
>Add incentive for the player to create settlements, bases, etc
>Proc gen quests more involved, but with extra worthwhile rewards
>Weapon and ship customization
>Mechs as not irrelevant side content
>Crouch walking

It doesn't have to be EVE in 2D but come on. This game has more than a laundry list of problems, and for something in goddamn space it doesn't fucking do anything meaningful with it and that's a lot.

I just started playing it recently and it seems fine. What IS wrong with it?

It's okay, you're an unimaginative hack. Don't try to write any videogames and you should be fine.

Novakids
>Burns your dick off

So are there any good lewd mods?

>make better aesthetic blocks and furniture to build with than Terraria
>give you zero reason to build anything on planets because there's no reason to stay on them after you're done looting and everything functional belongs on your ship for easy access

Attached: 1548703132276.gif (448x252, 1.99M)

That depends on your tolerance for the same 6 animations over and over with some ridiculous porno "dialogue" popping up while watching them

I got better imagination than the entirety of Chucklefuck though.

that isn't placing the bar very high

>What was expected
Terraria but in SPESS
>What was made
An incredibly bland game with no real direction in spite of effectively being a sandbox.

It'll start innocently but it mainly distills down into a more repetitive loop that doesn't change.

Same as all procedurally generated sandbox games, adding a fucking ending is retarded. A main story means the game can be completed, which is completely counter intuitive to a genre attempting to be open and infinite in scope. Once you complete a game, you lose the urge to replay it because of the concept and feeling inherent in the word "complete", "finish". This along with creating the game to ride on the success of Terraria reveals that the devs have no soul which is why it was sub-par, art can not be created by someone who seeks the material, something as base as wealth, can never make a good game.

Attached: 3148565 - Hylotl Nopon Starbound Waldo Where's_Waldo Xenoblade Xenoblade_Chronicles.jpg (1024x1707, 622K)

Well alright. But why?

Attached: do i really want to fuck that.png (321x322, 24K)

>That one night time song
You know the one. Not much is good about the game, but listening to that while sitting in a cozy cottage on a winter planet during a snowstorm is pure kino.

Attached: 1558306141899.jpg (1024x834, 205K)

Thick and fast.

Attached: Starboobs.png (910x198, 56K)

Everything, I even roleplayed in this godforsaken game, not even the lewd art is good because only one image catered to my fetish

>furgins
Yikes.

Reminds me of Fabsol for Terraria
>makes Calamity
>the entire setting is some edgy 16 year old's writing and the mod is horribly imbalanced
>rips off content like the piss sea biome at one of the oceans from Thorium
>brony
>regular meltdowns because people do what he doesn't like, has turned his discord into a hugbox
>made a ton of small updates that people had to re-download so he could claim his mod reached one million downloads

Going off the earlier THICC posting, does this just mod the clothing or what?

Where there's a will, there's a way.

Attached: yeehaw.jpg (1024x1177, 182K)

just turn your dick into the sun its not that hard (but you will be)

Has anyone made a skaven mod?

Attached: 1564170935102.jpg (1280x1280, 268K)

How do we save the races Bros? Chucklefish wasn't good for much but they did make some fucking great races. They don't deserve to be in this shitty game. How do we get them out and into other media?

Attached: 1558312898374.png (1423x2653, 877K)

Easily, because "plant human", "monkey human", "robot human", "fish human" are not revolutionary concepts.

>they removed all mentions of alcohol
for what purpose?

Attached: 1560127654773.jpg (309x309, 58K)

3/10
Would drink soda again

I will fight to protect that smile

I've been playing star sector for the past two days since I was shilled it. It's got everything I wanted mostly

muh ESRB ratinge

>censor two tits on the last panel
>but not the third

bold strategy user

No shit, but seriously. Should I pick up /the/ and add them to scifi campaigns? Start writing? Maybe lern tu code and make mods or something.

Added a story element to the game which was filled with tutorials, basically removing the element of surprise and exploration from the game completely.

Does not seem like a different breed to me. Also are you autistic? Do you realize sarcasm is not exactly suited for written text.

>take shitty starting sword into endgame
>get best weapon in the game
nice fucking sandbox you coons

>Does not seem like a different breed to me.
ok so you're just blind then
>Do you realize sarcasm is not exactly suited for written text.
If "it's not suspicious in the slightest" wasn't enough to tip you off then you're beyond help.

Kinda, yes.

Character sprites look like total ass.
Most cosmetics you find are meme shit.
Species have insanely negligible differences, aside from having entirely different ships meaning that if a species you like has a type of ship you don't like you're SOL because you don't actually get to choose your ship or customize the layout in any way (unless you mod but we're talking about the base game).
Weapon system is your standard "infinite weapons!!!" dogshit where there's very little actual variety and anything you find lying around is going to be objectively superior to anything you can craft.
Uses a shared "energy" system for movement options, "science magic", gun ammo, and melee special attacks which is just awful design.
The majority of the story is just mindlessly scanning planets for pregenerated buildings and zipping through them to scan shit, with the missions generally being bland as fuck with pretty mediocre bosses.
Side quests given by NPCs are either fetch quests for basic resources or escort missions. That's it.
Mechs are completely arbitrary and dont actually add anything to the game, if not making the game worse because for whatever reason enemies in space and enemies on the planet have entirely different health scales so even the starter mech weaponry is capable of absolutely destroying any non-space enemy in the game, with further mech weaponry making any opposition an absolute joke.
Also space enemy variety is pretty sparse for how much you have to fucking grind for mech parts. Trying to craft mech parts is outrageously tedious for how little it actually adds to the game.
NPC ship encounters via the mech are completely identical and boring as fuck.
NPC space stations are also identical and the supplies trading is completely pointless given how much more money you make just by raiding a planet and selling what you find.
Player-made space stations cost an absurd amount of resources and are pointlessly restrictive.
And so much more, but Im out of room.

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.gif (480x345, 3.45M)

It's not vaporware, actually.
It's just really bad.

Attached: zz.png (949x948, 955K)

Are you the Starbound equivalent of the Terraria guy who has the game open in multiple windows and writes a story for all his characters and then runs them simultaneously to have them all in one world?

The main selling point of the game, massive universe to explore, is the main problem I and many others have with the game. Planets are just pit stops to acquire resources and forget in short time. They should've made the game take place in one star system with evolving colonies and frequent invasions, thereby incentivizing the creation of fortresses and space ports. As of now the only reason to build a fancy base is purely for aesthetics.

Also

>Make a space game
>Don't include random invasion that range from space pirates to interdimensional incursions
>YOU the player have to go picking a fight with hostile aliens which only furthers to dissuade the player to build proper bases
>Space combat is purely done whit mechs and generic fighter craft rather than use the large ship you use for travel

Chucklefish, do you even scifi?

Attached: 1559481193575.jpg (750x544, 35K)

Chucklefucks decided to remove content for reasons unknown and fucked up the LOOOORE, among other things
I also dislike the fact that all starting planets are now the same, I mean its for starting out, I get it , but it isn't as memorable as your first world being a toxic hellhole and such
Did they ever explain content removal?

Attached: 1561120699092.jpg (1068x1200, 88K)

>Chucklefish
>Explaining ANYTHING
Excellent joke.

>Did they ever explain content removal?
Why would you need to bother with PR when you have an army of furries disenfranchised from the competitor who PR and damage control for you?
Fact of the matter is that one programmer and an army of artists don't make a good game.

I am secretly hoping the Puppy didn't die and was given off to someone else as a gift.
The idea of a Puppy dying this way absolutely kills me.

Attached: rage of a hundred suns.png (500x500, 296K)

Not that user, but it could be the same breed.
Those puppies start off with short hair and then grow longer hair.
I could be proven wrong, I am just hoping the puppy isn't actually fucking dead because that would put me in a living state of comatose rage.

He's definitely dead. They probably tossed his body to some park at midnight too.

DON'T DO THIS TO ME user.
I NEED PROOF DAMMIT.

Attached: Guts Rage.jpg (1024x772, 216K)

I mean there is no photo of the puppys dead body but if he's alive, how come the chucklefucks suddenly stopped posting him on their social media?

>7 artists, 1 coder
>ruining jump/dash techs for whatever brainfucked reason
>focus on art, furniture and cosmetics
>being dreamers rather than realists with their game design, and by this I mean not focusing on just one set solar system and designing around it rather than having some procedurally generated universe that amounts to nothing gameplay wise
>not listening to the proper community, but rather they listened to the hipster sjw faggot leddit crybabies like the furries, retards, and rainbow mohawk multiple piercing beer gut degenerates.

No seriously tho, that last one. They took criticism like they were being shot anytime someone questioned the design of their shitty game. Starbound is a fucking harsh lesson in what happens when cucks design a game.

Attached: avgn scowl.png (972x700, 919K)

Again, he could've been given away or maybe one of the team members liked that dog so much that they decided to adopt him instead of making him the mascot, who knows?
I hate Chucklefuck, but this idea of a dead neglected puppy would make me ask the Pope to form a Crusade against them.

If one of the team members took him they would still put out pics of the puppy on their social media and If he was given away they would announce that they had to give away their mascot. Instead we got this puppy that got memory holed. The only thing that makes sense is that these indie assholes killed that dog and given that this game heavily panders to furries I hope they just killed him.

BIRD TITS!

Trying to be and do too many things at once
also, 7 artists and the graphics still turned out like trash

patrician taste

Attached: 1560433621773.webm (854x480, 571K)

didn't they remove all the tits in an update because MUH SEXUALIZATION

no. every female, glitch included, still has a more pronounced chest
and it's staying that way because armors have a male and a female one-size-fits-all shape

And it has some amazing music.
t. Made some of the tracks myself.
Starbound is shit, though. endless wasted potential

Jesus Christ.

Story mode ruined the game. It went from alright to shit.

What do you think of MoonQuest?

Attached: image.jpg (1920x1080, 137K)

What did they remove? My friend refuses to believe they cut anything, and Chucklefuck seems to have scrubbed all mention of former content from the internet. Even just a bullet list would be good, I need something to spray into his face.

>Chucklefuck seems to have scrubbed all mention of former content from the internet
starbounder.org/Category:Removed

And that's just the tip of the iceberg

"We can do better than Terraria... IN SPACE!!"

>every lava planet has some dipshit community with wooden buildings that immediately start burning down as soon as you arrive

Nothing today will quite match the impotent rage of /sbg/ when Starbound was in “beta,” it was a good time.

There was some good porn of their community manager (molly?), sadly I wished I saved it.

Temperature mechanics are easily the most notable, it was in the earliest beta builds. Racial stat bonuses were scrapped but this was supposedly more due to their shitty forum community who wanted them to be equal, and proper gun mechanics were another thing planned but never added.

You'll see what user linked had a lot of older progression items, which is more of a product of the devs having problems sussing out a progression system. They spent way too much time dicking about doing that.

>Poison atmosphere
>Native life forms are not resistant to poison in any way, they just walk around ticking damage until they drop

I agree with you that that's the most likely scenario, but if the puppy died would they really get another one? No one with any semblance of responsibility would do that. And of course the obvious response to my post is "well it's chucklefish they have no semblance of responsibility" but that's beyond even them.

Lag.
Stuttering when 2+ enemies are on screen is kinda silly.

Attached: 38d2072fed9733af4ee93e04d7008fb609375c96ccaf942876b04aa60d57755c.jpg (508x508, 89K)

>No one with any semblance of responsibility
Would let a puppy die in an office in the first place

Animals die, user. Even humans die for stupid reasons out of nowhere. It is a fact of life. This is especially true when an animal has no one owner solely responsible for it, like a conventional pet, but rather a group of people, such as a corporation's mascot. All sorts of things can happen to that animal.

Which responsible people would not let happen. Nothing stopping irresponsible people from getting pets, or accidentally killing them, or getting a new pet

Any screenshots?

thanks for the suggestions already enjoying myself infinitely more with these games than Starbound.
I hear No Man's Sky has gotten better is it worth it yet? I thought they had another update in the works

FU's developer? From what I can tell the guy is blunt as heck and liable to blame you for whatever problem you're having, but at the same time it's often like an IT scenario where the person complaining legit forgot to plug in their computer.

There are some issues that you'd consider bad design. He recently added a new item for crafting and I had to check the github to find where to craft it, and the tutorial is like fifty quests just to cover the basics.

But come on, he's definitely not like a Fabsol bitch. I'm not even 100% sure Fabsol even does any real coding or implementation. Fabsol seems more like the retarded ideas guy killing his own project with bloat and bugs.

I have talked to him several times. He's really blunt, yeah,.but he's also a decent fellow. He changed and added things according to the feedback comments. That's already better than most Mount and blade modders.

as a normie who isn't too critical of the games he plays
>sandbox environments in starbound are fine but once you've seen a certain planet type there's no reason to visit that same type of planet again
>random gen dungeons are nice but there's little variety in the surface level towns
>combat isn't anything special
>only the unique weapons are fun to use, like the gun that shoots worm tentacles or the gnome gun
>the gear grind is obnoxious and arbitrary, and i hate being locked out of certain planets because i dont have a special backpack
>the story is completely forgettable
>side missions are annoying
>furniture variety is really cool but as others noted, it's wasted because your ship is really the only thing you need
all in all i got a few hundred hours out of it. enjoyed it for what it was. if anything went wrong in my opinion, it's that they forgot to make the sandbox part more interesting, and extremely unchallenging

The biggest problem was that they removed all the main features That modders improved and expanded on. There was a mega man mod, star wars mod, DBZ mod, Metal slugmod, RPG growth mod, Riddick mod...
Most of these lost features or got outdated Because the devs left them to rot. Even if the game was barebones, it would still work. But it's not. It's less than that with no room to actual improvement.Hell, Even adding an animation, it's hard as fuck.

>furniture variety is really cool
It's been like two years since I last played but didn't they remove like a shit ton of furniture?
Like the ore related ones?

yes

The FU dev, Saytr, is a complete twat.
> micro-updates everyday without testing
> the updates are full of bugs, have numerous unfinished ideas, and no progression documentation
> he refuses to maintain a wiki on how to progress through FU
> people with FU subscribed on Steam have their game changed and post asking why something that was working previous day doesn't work anymore
> spends most his day making derogatory remarks to them for "not figuring it out themselves"

Seriously, this guy is a grade-a chucklefuck. I wouldn't be surprised if he was Indian tier the way he embraces micro-updates. No shit people are going to complain when you're on this development implementation. Oh and his magnum opus is adding a Lovecraft-ian story to Starbound. Gee, how original.

Attached: 1490379762490.png (420x457, 57K)

did she died?

>there will never be a space exploration game inspired by Firefly

>there will never be another season of Firefly

Attached: sap.gif (500x282, 1.52M)

You've never had a dog, haven't you?

A lot of status effects would be nice. You are in a frozen planet? add a status effect animation where you become a block of ice,Or a block of stone or a burning guy with flames all around you, Or mushrooms start popping from your head Or whatever you want to add.

Why not add bot augmentations And body modifications with some drawbacks. It's the future.

Why not have invasions and catastrophes that you can generate or enable? every planet is the same. All the planets have trees and mobs. you never dig too deep. You never piss off the natives. You never get invaded by space raiders or tentacular panspermia. Nothing ever happens, and it's boring. Your world is never threatened. Your ship is never threatened. you don't have death star corridors to explore on your ship, Or many geniuses trying to take over the world with an army of robots. Or climate change causing the world to give you a big fuck you.

Finally. mobs are boring. You'll never find someone always hunting you. or stalking. or buried underground. You never find A creature that hates light or that likes it.You'll never find any cosmic horror that truly fucks with you in a non literal sense.

And grinding is terrible. Going to a different place is not going to a different place. It's going to the same place and having to farm Because they one-shot you.
The worst of it all is that all these and more could have been

Isn't that like natural shampoo or something?

Imagine fucking a plant, haha

The first one is a downscaled image for phones.

Play SPORE

Attached: flyingpenis.jpg (274x250, 14K)

It still hurts. It will never be OK to talk about this.

I'd probably start by improving map generation. It's not something you notice if it's working well, but a bad terrain generation algorithm can ruin any procedural game.

It still baffles me how a game with so many promises and cut content still managed to an unrepeatable masterpiece. Imagine if they did deliver it with all the missing phases and whatnot.

Never even heard of it. Shill it to me, user.

Making it easy to implement animations.
Creating retard proof dev tools. Imagine you create an item or a monster or a mission, or a dungeon and can easily uploaded to steam. Then you simply have to Subscribe to it and it will appear in any biome you wish. Now imagine you can easily edit monster behavior and skills, including your own. I would create the warcraft 3 editor of 2d platformers.

There you go, unlimited content.

>intrigued by pic
>look it up, find it on steam
>12 burger tokens, early access
>le epic CalArts promo material
>still looks better than Starbound
Mite check it out

My german shepard is an entirely new breed, because when he was a puppy he has floppy ears and black coat. Now he has cropped ears and a black/brown coat. GOD DAMN IT, CHUCKLEFISH!

got any arguments for the reverse? the only thing I can think of is the music and world events, but other than that FU improves upon everything else.

>Office pet
How would you even get any work done with a dog running around.

What does FU actually add, when a friend asked me to buy starbound so we could play together he told me to install FU and a bunch of other shit, so I've never actually played without it.

Don't worry user, the puppy's living on a big farm now and she's very happy.

got this game for free and still haven't checked it out at all, is it even worth it?

if you got it for free yeah, it's shit without mods though

>tfw no Star wars mod that adds faction wars and a quest to find holocrons.

He also stole content from other mods and subsumed a bunch of mods into his own mod, explaining why it's a fucking mess in the first place. It has no clear vision or point, it's a clusterfuck because "more = better"

Moreso factorio id imagine

Starsector

>Since you got it for free you might as well check it out since i costed you nothing to obtain. Be warned that it's not that good as a base game and a few mods will improve the experience.
There is that better phrasing for that statement for you faggot?

Is there a bigger faggot then Cozur ? I remember dude got so salty that nobody liked the retarded stumble mechanic that he removed an option of disabling it.

They embezzled their kickstarter funds to become an indie publisher instead. After they were a success they knew the least profitable thing they could do is use that money to actually make a good game.

Man, it adds...

Well it makes Starbound an actual game, for one. Like with gear progression and stuff? And dungeons? And just all kinds of things.

In base Starbound, there's six tiers of equipment and you can finish progression through the game within a few hours on "softcore" mode, or whatever. Just dig down to the center of the tier [x] planet, mine up a bunch of the ore there, craft the next back back, then move on.

Base Starbound's story is just retarded, featuring some cosmic good vs evil nonsense an a villain named "Umbra Nox" who gets her ass obliterated in the second story dungeon. Absolute jobber with no threat potential. Supposedly there's some creature named "The Ruin" that blew up Earth, but afterward does nothing and threatens nothing. The protag quest-giver, Esther, is holding on to the "Master Manipulator", but like an asshole doesn't hand it over until the final mission, and the prep for previous missions is scanning random-ass shit laying around. You scan a Hylotl lamp post, your character says, "An unremarkable lamp post," and Esther says, "Interesting, this supports one of my theories."

What theory, bitch? That the Hylotl have discovered fucking electricity? They're a space-faring civilization!

With FU, all the short-cuts are removed, old content that was taken out for no reason is put back in, there's more tech, and there's more reason to do anything at all. In my opinion Starbound is not playable without Frackin Universe.

Depends on what else you could be spending your time on.
If there's something you want to do, some game you want to play of anime you want to watch, definitely do that instead. If you're just trying to think of something to distract you from the agony that is life, to waste some time and bring you a few hours closer to the sweet release of oblivion, then you might as well play Starbound. It does have some redeeming features. Building houses is kind of fun, even if the game doesn't incentivize it much.

Attached: sisyphus_not_happy.png (671x501, 118K)

It breaks most multiplayer servers

I don't know about dedicated servers, but I've played multiplayer with it among friends and have had no issues.

How's it break servers?

Most popular servers don't have it and iirc will ban you instantly for having FU because it fucks hardcore with world generation and the like

Don't you mean Moonman?

Attached: moonman.jpg (268x268, 18K)

I miss starting in random planets. having to adapt to different situation every time. The barebones mechanics had this. Now we have to repeat exactly the same over and over in the same safe place.

Well. Yeah. It adds a bunch of new planet types and changes the extremely strict tier rules of stars so that you have to look around for the stuff you want - you know, exploring - instead of just going gentle, radioactive, icy, hot, whatever. Planets also have different ores in FU instead of the tier-specific ore.

I would imagine that logically most vanilla servers are not compatible with mods. I'm not sure how this breaks servers, unless you're pointing out that modding and planet-generation is player-side rather than server-side, in which case it's not really FU's fault that players can fuck up world gen on a dedicated server.

It is (big shock) entirely subjective user. They have certainly added more stuff. In my personal opinion it still suffers from exactly the same problems a lot of people had with it: You can essentially do everything there is to do and see 90% of everything there is to see in one fucking system, in about five you will guaranteed seen 100%.

I don't mind it, but I would be stunned if even one in a thousand players ever got out of the first galaxy. There's not much point.

But it also you can get killed in one hit by the higher tiers. It's not that the monsters get smarter, they're just regular shitters with higher stats. I wish we had proper space battles.

Not like Terraria would let you build anything worthwhile.

>imagine playing a clone where you're stuck in one planet.

Attached: g.webm (640x512, 1.84M)

what am i supposed to be seeing ?

youtube.com/watch?v=CcnnVjTW00I
This one user?

Wow this thread is still up from last night?

Attached: 1564285203489.jpg (350x598, 106K)

quick what are the best mods for this game?

Space niggers

Close, but it's the one that sounds very distant and only has a few piano notes before the song proper plays. I'll have to search it up later.

I don't really play this game anymore so I couldn't tell you honestly user.

Attached: 1563324452521m.jpg (778x1024, 57K)

elithian races

Have they finally fixed those mechs you could find?

Floran were the only thing to go right with this game.

Attached: 1562821276061.jpg (500x627, 36K)

A few years ago, you were supposed to see the potential of a gorillion of Terraria-sized planets with their own biomes, dangers and civilizations.
Now it's just a broken world generation that is just a bit more interesting (and possibly more buggy) than going back to the Title Screen in Terraria to visit a different world.

All the bugfixes and engine optimization mods. Even vanilla can get unplayable at times without them.

Exactly. That's why Chucklefish turned him into a chinese delicacy.

RPG Growth, it is fun and I like the amount of options in it

Tbh, i was willing to wait and see if they fixed the bugs but the useless nerfs and the sudden decision for chucklefish that Starbound must be baby difficulty with a rose tinted shitheap of a main story really lost my hopes.

The human lore sucks, they fired the main lore writer whose's stories were too adult for those fucks and reused the assets created for it in a botched way. I mean, humans did not want to colonize planets? WTF? The protectorate bullshit is even worse and the antagonist is just an incomprehensible edgy bitch.

god i want a floran to eat me

user at least wait until tomorrow

Don't be a vorefag.

Attached: 1552959325832.jpg (576x1024, 106K)

that's one thing i can give this game, its soundtrack is kick ass

>humans did not want to colonize planets
What? Is Chucklefuck that retarded not knowing basic human nature? The planets resources are being used up and population keeps growing, mainly from shithole third world regions so we're running out of space. Colonization is the only way to keep a homeworld stable and power running because resources will be used up, power will go out and violence will break out over the last drops of oil or Uranium.

Attached: 1563935142480.gif (240x180, 2.85M)

You don't mean the chick who was asking online looking for a man to use one of her dildoes, right?

didn't they end up adding it back in? havn't played in like 2 years so i may be wrong

The /vg/ thread died and along with it so did any wip porn mods.

Attached: 1525116892136.png (656x830, 550K)

Good, /vg/ is way too jam packed with autismos.

>Make sexy plant people
>Make them psychotic people-eating monsters with needle teeth
>Give them pheromones and behavior that people find 'cute' so they naturally let down their guard around the monsters
>Make them autistic tech savants that can use weird plant shit to hack, take over, repair, and replicate tech without really understanding it so some retards accidentally losing a ship on their world resulted in them spreading like a plague across the galaxy
>Cut or ignore 99% of that lore in the final product for the sake of making everything generic and 'friendly'
Even the Floran didn't escape unscathed. We can only count ourselves lucky they didn't get to do the redesign they wanted.

Attached: 1453870348952.png (253x200, 60K)

The game got watered down for sure, but don't pretend those survival mechanics weren't just a shitty chore tacked onto the game in the first place.

Pheramones or not they still look so cute.

Attached: 1559096759684m.jpg (753x1024, 97K)

How can you call something like this a monster?

Attached: 1552107309762.png (601x848, 359K)

This game and nomansky have tye wprst monster/enemy design i have ever seen seriously you want a good survival game just focus on the design of the monsters and tou are pretty much done with 30%of the game

Majority of "monsters" in Starbound look like failed pokemon sprites.

I know this furry who has over 16k hours, gimme a sec lightweight normie

>massive new update just dropped

So you're retarded AND stubborn?

It's mostly just "bounty hunting" isn't it? The first bounty is a dumb shmuck pays you less than the cost of fuel to arrest him while he's wearing a fake mustache.

The disappointment felt so on brand for the game. Like "Wow, this is as spectacularly underwhelming as every other thing".

No fucking wonder that dweeb had a fat fetish, jesus christ this game is far from saveable

>and diaperfags
?

Attached: 1563063046312.gif (500x281, 730K)

IT NEEDED CONTENT AAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: ooo.jpg (146x210, 4K)

youtu.be/epIsi3GqkXk
This is the one

Attached: 1564187151795.png (1589x1941, 937K)

The inspiration came from SPORE, there's no doubt about it

They tried to make a sandbox game have a proper intricate story, it's a good game but that just doesn't work as well as leaving things to the imagination

This

>redesign
My gut tells me that I don't want to know but go on user.

Attached: 1563319197843.png (1024x973, 868K)

first Human lore book, We basically became space hippies:

"A United Earth
Many centuries ago the Earth was governed in a seemingly endless tide of shifting hierarchies; empires rose and fell, nations grew to prominence and collapsed, and wary peace was established only to implode. This volatility spanned millennia.

The Earth we know today was forged when Humankind turned to the stars. At this time resources, once scarce, became abundant, and a shift took place: we recognised both our insignificance and our significance within the universe.

Instead of expanding our settlements across the stars, we began to look inward, to strive for balance and a sustainable way of life with the support of newly acquired resources, and to build a solid future for our beloved Earth."

I don't know who she was, i just know her stories had at least some catchy stuff in it instead of the crap we have now

>sweet release of oblivion
My God, has the human condition been laid low.

Attached: 1429941292.jpg (641x530, 25K)

>give you zero reason to build anything on planets because there's no reason to stay on them after you're done looting and everything functional belongs on your ship for easy access
I actually don't mind that so much because I love games where you can build a mobile base. Not enough games do that. Super comfy.

Imagine the smell

>build
too bad you can only refurbish it, not actually modify it
if you could build your own ship it would have been so much better

I don't have the pics anymore, but they were basically ugly bald people with blue skin.
Them being so cute while being a plague is the main appeal.

The title screen music

I really don't know how they messed it up. I use to be so fun just going planet to planet and just looking for things to kill. They added too much stupid shit and ruined it with QOFL changes.

Here you go anons.

Attached: ayyylmao.png (752x398, 26K)

Attached: 1527634100492.jpg (600x600, 60K)

Can't be bothered to read the thread, already wasted too much brain space on this garnagefest
Fact is, with the budget they had they decided the best way to spend it was to move to an office in London of all fucking places, that and the fact they hired a 1:5 ratio of devs to artists. Which is why the game is generally beautiful but has the mechanical depth of a walking simulator.

You know if the space station shit had proper atmospherics, it would've had a chance at replacing Space Station 13, probably.

shit if it had any mechanical depth in space environmental features, we might get somewhere

>tfw no florans in ss13
This needs to change.

Attached: Floran Wink.gif (250x220, 57K)

I mean if any of vanilla Starbound had any depth at all after they gutted everything, it wouldn't be so boring.

I preordered four fucking copies of it you can eat shit and die with me.

This will always amaze me. How the fuck does one make a scifi game with the creative freedom of Minecraft and conclude that it's better for the player to have an ship that can't be modified beyond the interior rather than give them the ability to just make their own ship? Literally anyone else would've seen the potential of this but unfortunately Chucklefuck was at the helm.

>b-b-but mods!!?!?!1111!

Should've been in the base game

This can't be real. You have to be joking PLEASE BE JOKING

Attached: 1563136257419.jpg (530x298, 39K)

what's wrong with the crafting system?

In the past each race was supposed to have their own unique intro but it was scrapped in favor of everyone being part of the "Protectorate".
Floran
youtube.com/watch?v=Wj0fhBt2mIg
Avian
youtube.com/watch?v=UxqUA4Onjuk

Some people hated the removal whilst some were okay with it because the intros would describe the character rather than the player character rather than allow for some roleplay. In the past when you chose Floran the game stated you were a vegetarian whilst the the Avian intro stated the player was a atheist.

What in the fucking fuck

It was real, it was released without warning, as a preview for their race intros, and the community backlash was enough to get them to abandon the change

Someone gets it.

ayyy lamu :-DDD

>weren't just a shitty chore
Different food could give you buffs. Like Banana Bread.
And the temperature one was really neat. You had to either make warm clothes or warm yourself at a campfire every minute to cheese it.

>rather than the player character rather than

Godfucking dammit

Attached: grammar_nazi_skin_for_warthunder__by_nova29r-d7v0sar.jpg (1836x924, 1.3M)

Phew, at least it was retconned. However, if this is how the devs see Florans... oh god. Why remove the original, super vague introtext?! For fucks sake it was perfect because it left it open to interpretation and roleplay.

Not him but the game has changed enormously since launch. It feels pretty decent to play, especially if you have a nerve for a few chemical elements.

God, Why couldn't they add some sort of faction system at the character creation screen? Like have you pick between 2 racial factions and an obligatory unaffiliated option. It could open up to an actually decent story too, but NOOO WE'RE ALL JUST HAMFISTED INTO THE SPACE HIPPIES FUCK.

But user, how will the players connect with them if they aren't exactly like humans?!

I much preferred finding out the story through finding books and examining furniture and items. If you didn't inspect every piece of decor you found you played the game wrong

the devs just didn't know what the fuck they were making and it's just a mishmash of shit, the game world feels disjointed and unimmersive. There was far too much focus on minefaggotry and not enough on the sci-fi setting. These things might have now been added or modded in, but lack of high tech equipment like being able to scan a planet for a more general location of ruins or ore deposits and exact type just seemed retarded.

>build your own ship, with capabilities depending on the blocks you use
>stations have a drydock room you can park your ship in for easier building
>can land on planets, but you first need to construct a wide, flat landing pad
>ship-to-ship combat, your ship can be damaged if you fuck up badly enough
>commandeer enemy ships or repair derelicts to expand your fleet
>sell them, or assign follower NPCs to pilot them and assist you in combat
>call in orbital bombardment on surface targets
>ship cargo interface lets you instantly access every container on the ship
>if ship is landed, also every container in the immediate vicinity of the landing pad
>can quickly move massive amounts of goods to and from the ship, to trade with stations
Features that will never exist.
The fact that there are already mods for custom-built ships just makes it worse in my mind. It means the engine supports it as-is, and the Chucklefucks just can't be arsed to do the minimal work required to implement it.

Attached: space skeleton.jpg (600x904, 158K)

>You now imaging Starsector and Starbound having a baby

Attached: 1560440542508.gif (295x360, 237K)

If only we could have the art and sound guys work under competent coders and project leads. It could be fucking amazing.

Attached: 1469756975768.jpg (800x1041, 120K)

Fuck it, Why don't we all pitch in our ideas for a good 2d spess sandbox game?
>Faction system on character creation, Each faction has different quest lines that occasionally overlap and have you fuck with the other factions. Or you can go unaffiliated and try to investigate the deep mysteries of the universe.
>FTLesque space battles, you can also try to board and fight them head-on.
>Stellar phenomena, Spacial warping makes fuel burn quicker in its area of effect, Magnetars force you to take detours in your journey.
Don't say "but nobody will actually use our ideas", Its just fun to write them down regardless.

It probably would have been way better if you could build your own ship. Like the game starts with you floating on a platform with a shitty engine and oxygen producer in space with your matter manipulator and your space suit and you have like 3 minutes to mine some asteroids and build a rudimentary covering over your platform to trap oxygen.

Later on you basically get to build whatever spaceship you want. In terraria, you build your house your way as protection from monsters and as a place to store your stuff. They give it to you in starbound but theres next to no customization. They take all the fun out of it. There's no reason to build a base on some random planet when you have your space ship.

Holy fucking yikes. I can't see Florans looking like those abominations.

Attached: 1552103172903.png (800x1100, 393K)

IIRC after an uproar it was removed and it was really just one artist's depiction of it

biggest red flag, no sane developer would ever want to be in bongistan

There is less content now than there was during early access and the core gameplay has not improved at all

Why are florans so fuck-able?

Attached: kekyoin.jpg (387x452, 60K)

any porn mods?

PLANT
PUSSY

Because we've all rubbed flowers on our cock tips as children so we've grow to sexualize plants.

Its their plant pheromones, they're so strong they affect you through internet images like this, if you were to ever meet one face to face you would instantly be reduced to a dumb, drooling mess of boners unable to control yourself. Remember to always wear your gasmask around them.

Attached: 1529459399361.gif (512x512, 711K)

Whoa whoa, slow down there bud. Having factions? Ship to ship battles? That's a wee bit too violent for chucklefuck, ya'll be protectorate hippies, don't forget.

wow hey, a fat fetishist and a pedophile!
dont post that shit

?
Am I not caught up on some deep lore?I don't see how this is either fatshit or pedophilia. Just really thicc is all.

Pedophile? Story?

story mode

There are, somewhere.
I kinda still want a lewd server, but with new blood.

you forgot the fapfic false flag

the people who those characters belonged too are actually really bad people, the hylotls player was a huge faggot over everything

Doesn't the hylotl's player browse here?
Are you trying to bait out a response from them or something?

Attached: 1564887227542.png (234x278, 117K)

>Magnetars can rip out the iron from your blood, Kessler syndrome can rip your space craft into shreds if you get into a particularly "dirty" orbit, And there's always the once in a literal lifetime chance that a Gamma ray burst can collide directly with you. Its terrifying, really.

>People don't understand the brutality of space.

And apparently neither do you. Literally none of those things are plausible. Human blood isn't magnetic, Kessler syndrome is likely to be mitigated by any significantly spacefaring civilization, and you don't just get "caught" by gamma ray bursts at random.

magnetars can still fuck your shit up though, even if it doesn't rip your blood out it can still pose a threat against any spaceship that gets too close.

Aping the Linux distro version naming, I guess

The original puppy got given to a shelter, afaik

And if you have both the original mod and FU, they collide.
No, FU will not fix that, so the original mod is removed instead.

they might, or theyre too busy being a tumor in some starbound discord

It's just one mod! ONE MOD! How does that ruin a game?!

Nah, Satyr's an asshole. He has absolutely no concept of tact and every comment he makes has at least one thinly-veiled insult in it. That's extremely unprofessional and unbecoming for the author of such a popular mod. It is factually a legitimate character flaw of his, and something he needs to work on if he ever wants to make it in life.

Just reading his comments on FU's Steam Workshop page gives you an idea of his complete and almost humorous lack of self-awareness.

Satyr, if you're reading this, fuck you.

Attached: vwec.png (600x600, 383K)