How can you not like esports when it produces moments like this?

How can you not like esports when it produces moments like this?

Attached: Screenshot_20190806-200203_YouTube.jpg (2520x1440, 1.32M)

did he get shot?

which one?

I don't even know what's going on here.

Did bawling asian man win

Imagine considering Sonic Fox, a gay black furry, your main rival? How much self-esteem do you have to lack to think "yeah, this guy is my equal and I will feel ok breaking into treats if I beat him"? For fucks sake

The dude on the left shit his pants

yes

All esports except for fg's suck ass

Attached: catg.jpg (750x750, 43K)

>all those camera people
fuck esports

What does any of that have to do about considering someone a rival? It's a video game tournament.

>esports
that's FGC. The only place you'll see that kind of love. There's no teams to hold allegeance to. Everyone is there by themselves and relying on their own abilities. In that, everyone understands eachother and they are on the same level.

Is the ps4 controller any good for fighting games? Should I use the stick on it or the d pad?

what happened?

>Is the ps4 controller any good for fighting games?
yes

Pretty sure the SFV champion last year used a Dualshock.

If you beat the best player in the world, no matter who he is, that means you're now the best in the world. You're allowed to shed pride tears.

This was so cathartic. Definitely my favorite moment this year.

Go1 beat Sonicfox 2 times in a row, after recovering from a hand injury he suffered in the end of last year, and after losing to him in last year's EVO

if sonicfox can win tournaments with that i guess it is good

he was caught going pee pee in someone's coke so the black guy publicly shamed him for it

He's an autistic internet shut in.
He thinks the edgy shit he reads on /pol/ is how normal people think.

Playing on controller is fine. Use the d-pad since it's more precise. If you use the stick, you'll often input directions that you didn't mean to.

What’s crazy is he’d done Vanish yo finish off Buu with Goku it woulda been a Cinematic Finish.

>tfw your training will never pay off like this

Keep grinding, user.

Yes. I'm fucking awful at doing half circles with the dpad though.

This, but even I'm starting to not enjoy major fighting game tournaments as they stray farther and farther from thier grassroots origins. WSOE7 had some really fun matches but the stage looked like it was ripped straight from ESPN. 2 commentators+3 post game analyzers was fucking stupid. Markman looked like a tool in a suit. Having them cut to the "Dollar Shave Club" lockerroom was max cringe. EVO seems to be maintaining a good balance but I really hate the direction FGC is going.

That doesn't mean much for me. I'm a beginner while this dude, whoever he is, is clearly a world better than me.

Alright, thanks. The d-pad seems to be entirely on your thumb though. Sliding it across as you do circles and half circles. Won't your thumb get sore from long play sessions?

i'm just saying that whatever works for you if it works for others is good

My cat broke into his treats today. I chased him around the house until I was out of breathe

Does the wireless dualshock not have delayed inputs?

Nonexistant at this point.

It’s just totally a zoomer thing. I think it’s cool and I’m glad that video games are becoming more than just sitting on the couch and “wasting time” (although that’s all I do). Not saying that people such as myself who are in their late 20’s don’t do esports or watch it or anything, but we didn’t really grow up with it so it wasn’t something as saw as kids and wanted to do, especially in this day where kids and teens basically worship YouTubers and stuff. This is just my personal opinion though, and I may be wrong with my assumption.

if I'm watching some reports shit, it's for the high quality gameplay, not personalities.

You forgot to mention it was 2 of the most intense and close sets ever played in Fighterz. Go1 blocking everything for the entire duration of SF’s sparking was unbelievable. He probably broke down from the insane tension and adrenaline finally releasing when he won

I'm not into it that much, but I have to agree. Personal skill vs personal skill beats the fuck out of luck and teamplay any day of the week.

I wouldn't say it's exclusively a zoomer thing. Some of the most popular players are 30+ years old.

>Won't your thumb get sore from long play sessions?
Maybe. I used a controller for about a year or so and I had that problem after a while. I ended up buying one of the less expensive sticks and I prefer that now.
If you want to get a stick, go for it. But there are plenty of people who do well on controllers, so it just comes down to personal preference in the end.

The FGC isn't esports. Thank you.

this but unironically

I heard someone got so salty at losing in BB:CTB that he deleted the game from the console.

Yes and D-pad

But if you're a retard like me, you might find something else more comfortable for 6 button games

I get what you mean, but the guy thats crying in OPs picture is 31 and married. The collective age of the top 8 placing players for Samurai Shodown was over 800, a lot of these guys are oldheads. The only young players i saw this weekend was that one kid from Japan that plays DBFZ. The rest i saw were from smash, which makes more sense as its the target demo.

Yes, against gay nigger furry. After being cheated out of said win last year. That's why he's crying. Because he knows gay furry nigger ain't shit.

You’re right. I suppose I’m mostly thinking about the audience for these things. Might be wrong about that too, who knows.

I wonder if as part of their contract that crying gets you a bigger paycheck?

So now they allow Nazis in evo the more you know

Attached: EBMGLfXVUAAsGp0.jpg (388x417, 51K)

>fighting games
>money

Attached: bbtaglmao.png (590x260, 23K)

>prize pool: $22,000

Attached: 1564960557305.webm (450x598, 2.83M)

>tfw trained too hard
>get carpal tunnel syndrome
>never be able to play on a competitive level

>people such as myself who are in their late 20’s don’t do esports or watch it or anything, but we didn’t really grow up with it
I'm 28 and I was watching WarCraft III tournaments for basically my entire teenage years, and before that I was watching horribly grainy koreatime StarCraft videos on goddamn dial-up. Maybe you never paid any attention to esports, but that doesn't mean that it wasn't around when we were kids. I'll grant you that esports is a much larger and more visible scene now then it was back then, however.

Attached: 1280px-World_Cyber_Games_2004_Auditorium.jpg (1280x960, 267K)

It's staged and theyre actors, they get a paycheck.

Did you beat the little prick?

This

cute!

Anything that's not 1v1 is shit. I can respect the autism in SC but not the gay team shit

Attached: 1555737868687.jpg (497x497, 46K)

I switched from dpad to stick. For the first few months you will have to re-learn your muscle memory on the stick. But after awhile your inputs will get precise. Also, it’s fun playing on the stick. If you do decide to get on, make to sure get a decent one because cheap ones will give you a bad experience.

I've got not problem with fighting games, but if you can't enjoy other esports as well then you're either a fag or underage.

Attached: sophisticated adults.png (401x395, 161K)

What with all the evo champ and finalists or just general amazing performers on pad? You think their inputs are not precise?

Attached: 21C2C70B-885C-48E6-9B2E-3EEB61ABFCAB.jpg (817x613, 42K)

Honestly newer games are so lax with inputs it doesn't really matter. Once you teach yourself how to play again on a controller there's little reason to use a stick unless you're already used to it. I'm too lazy to get it out every time I play so I just use my controller. If I was going to play for hours at a time though I'd definitely get the stick out because eventually you're going to get tired.

With enough training of course their inputs are precise. In Tekken, I had to bust my balls to just do electrics mid combo with a dpad and said fuck it, I got a stick. After a few weeks of training, I could comfortably do multiple electrics out of sidesteps/mid combo. Inputs are easier on a stick for me. However, in the end it’s personal preference. I’m not saying stick is better than pad. I just like stick more because some moves are just easier on a stick.

Because electronic children's games are not a sport.

>Captainzack was blackmailing Ally into match fixing his matches
Dust off that tinfoil buttplug and show it way up there because we are going deep user!

I'm confident that in SF4 daigo was colluding with other players so that they could get sponsorships.

Funny you say this but Go1 did have carpal tunnel just last year

Paquiao does crossdressing?

It would be great if it was until that part with waving hands, but SF cant control himself. In the cerimony he did his best to keep the spotlights on him

GO1 was already by far the best player, even without GT Goku's bullshit. SF only got back for Evo after all the beatings that made him say"fuck it, I will play MK11 for now until someone gets better than me, then I get into another game and repeat"

They mod their pads.
People like to forget that L2 and R2 buttons are way too sensitive for fighters, and the dpad worns out damn quickly which forces to change controllers often especially if you go into tourneys. The analog stick feels loose and only feels right with a sponge ring

Maybe I have Alzheimer's but I find dashing much easier on the dpad than on the stick.

Is that a filipino cosplaying the filipino fighter?

Is that the guy who made mario?

Why do you disrespect el grande GO1