What is the most "skillful" FPS game? I don't care about how fun it is or how dead it is just how much skill

What is the most "skillful" FPS game? I don't care about how fun it is or how dead it is just how much skill.

From what I can gather it's either QuakeWorld or Quake 3/Live. A lot of the most skillful FPS games (Painkiller, Reflex, Warsow, etc) seem to basically be just be clones of these.

Some games people will post that definitely aren't as skillful:
>CS
>Fortnite
>UT
>TF2

Attached: file.png (432x523, 323K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ql.syncore.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=XdkDjsBiO58
youtube.com/watch?v=a-lbS7-odJ4
youtube.com/watch?v=_j8otmne9nU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

UT 2004

Quake Live duel. CPM movement dumbs the game down but increases the mechanical skill ceiling, so if you're interested solely in mechanical skill then I'd say Reflex or CPM would be the most skillful.

>UTfags can't even read

You think CPM is more skillful than QW?

>quake
>skill

be sure to get your last few shitposts in before mom says its time for bed

>grab heavy, beat guy with mega
>get free map control the rest of the game
wow so skillful and hard

compared to other FPS games it definitely requires a lot of skill

yeah but you'd never win that first fight against a good player since you have no skill which is why you're salty about Quake kek

stop trying so hard quakeniggers, no one cares about your tech demo series.

Every FPS game where the same person/group consistently ends up winning.

>quakenigger missing the point
not surprising. it's like in chess if you lost the first piece and then were automatically at a very severe disadvantage; no one would want to play such a flawed game.

Easily quakeworld. At a high level nothing even come's close. There's going to be some butthurt q3 nu-boomers that disagree but they legitimately dont know what they're talking about.

Attached: 1563412201917.gif (671x673, 29K)

if you die first it's your fault and the better player will win regardless most of the time, you obviously know very little about Quake if you think first frag is random and decides the outcome kek

how well someone plays out of control is what separates the top pros from the rest

Not that user, but you can say that about every game.

>implying random spawns dont decide who gets the first kill
sorry sweetie, your game takes as much skill as mario party

Except QW and CPM pros get raped by Q3/QL pros.

user, just because you can't come back after giving up the first frag doesn't mean it is like that at higher levels of play. Cycling yellows and making your opponent delay will shift the balance to your favor most of the time.

Why does Quake trigger casual zoomers so much? I remember 10+ years ago everyone on this board liked Quake or at least admitted it was high skill.

Is it just baiting?

stop trying to make everything into a zoomer/boomer thread

nah, whoever gets the first kill is decided by spawns. and if you cant maintain that massive advantage then youre just a choker. and yes quake "pros" choke a lot. if there was an actual prizepool then there would be real talent that wouldnt choke that would show what a joke the game is.

It’s aim heavy. There’s little to zero room for casuals. At least in other games with high TTK you get leeway.

Whichever game is most popular has the largest prize pool, and thus takes the most skill since you will face the fiercest competition. Prove me wrong.

Counter strike 1.6

And no, CSGO is not the same, it got casualised.

Attached: Dskp-xBWwAEYS7x.jpg (640x480, 33K)

UT2003

you're literally retarded

Instagib UT2004

If it’s just about aim and reaction skill.
No team , every hit is a kill/death

No they don't.

because you retards can't stop shitting up other retro fps threads.

>quakenigger cant even argue properly
not surprising

You're objectively correct

Actually makes me want to play if it didn’t look like Half Life.

>Counter strike 1.6
Hmm Quake is too difficult. What if we...
>slow the game down
>nerf movement
>make the game team based
>make the game round based
>remove all the pickups
>allow players to buy the weapons
>remove projectile weapons
>make TTK so short that anyone can frag if given enough luck
POPULAR GAME!

And then the cycle always continued from card games to battle royales. In an attempt of trying to invent a product that as many people as possible can consume.

Twenty years of the series that turned skill based FPS games into crouch+shoot hitscan weapons with le epic headshots. The fortnite of its time.

CSbabies still can't refute this.
Your game was always hated.

Attached: file.png (3406x1672, 2.14M)

>what if we made it so you had to think
truly the quakenigger's worst nightmare

>Team bases as if that makes the games easier
Lmao, Quake fags are just nostalgic losers

>QW
>quakeworld
OOF
YIKES
you sure are superior for playing the unrefined version of the true competitive game

you are the 1.6 or even 1.5 faggots of Quake

how is quake skilfull? literally
>memorize item locations
>get random spawned (lol)
>click on the bad guy
whoa... truly a high brain activity game..

Attached: 1485316168828.jpg (1024x576, 59K)

Wolfenstein ET and COD2 funny enough

quakeniggers think counting, COUNTING, to 30 for item spawns is a hard skill that only they can master

I think it looks not that bad , like half Life looks now. And we are just talking about fps skill .

Like I said , it’s hard to tell what skill.. for me it’s reaction and aim . Today its more about camping and teamplay

You mad cus you went in, burned whole ammo on full auto from machine gun, killed nobody and them got killed by single headshot from someone with AK-47.

It's obvious to everyone that was present in the quake scene from 96-99 that you don't know what you're talking about. Quit larping nu-boomer. Go play some halo.

1.6 was literally a casual fest.

>defending QW's obvious weapon and spawn unbalance that results in map control being far too simple

Feels good to be a CSchad.
Also UT, Tribes> Gayke.

UT99

Anyone asking this question on 4channel isn't going to ever play at a level where it matters anyway.

>CS
>UT
>TF2
all these games are better than quake.

Quake live has been nuked by bethesda so not that lol
ql.syncore.org/
Buy more skins in quake heros goyim

>defending baby's first quake

Go enjoy your slow casual game q3 baby.

>cschad
>stares at corner for 30 mins until somebody pops out

Attached: 1563920267040.webm (1280x720, 2.98M)

stay mad your game is dead.

quake is a reddit fps.

Meh. It's only dead because weak wristed nerds with awful motorskills are the majority and need slow games to be competitive.

quakefags are so autistic that they fight each other over which tech demo is better.
or maybe because it was never good.

based

I think steam server browser is down for all games

I don't know about that game but I have to say Quake Arena has some top tier boxart. I mean just look at that pic anons.

I want to get a poster of it but afraid it might be too nerdy for me

cringe.

CPM is faster and better than QW, I don't even consider QW a real Quake game (no railgun)

dilate cstranny

youre the biggest faggot in the thread

have sex quakecel.

is this bait? you don't literally count to 30 in your head you just look at the clock and add 30 lmao

fucking zoomers are so retarded and clueless

and item times are +25 and +35 in Q3/QL i.e. the good games but of course you only know about QC being a retarded little casual

>UT
>Not skillful
May I ask why you think that?

Halo 3: the pinnacle of Arena FPS and FPS in general.

Attached: file.jpg (256x325, 72K)

youtube.com/watch?v=XdkDjsBiO58

the difference in skill between Quake and other shooters is truly astronomical, there's no other gene where the gap is this big

quakefags are delusional.

autistic quakenigger missing the point again

he didn't say not skillful he said less skillful than Quake

>movement is much easier and slower
>weapons are spammy with gimmicky alt fire modes
>being able to spam dodges in fights makes it feel more random
>the duel mode is less cerebral
>every UT after UT99 is even more casual

no im not

why are you obsessed with "skill"?

the best gun in the game is a hitscan sniper rifle that invalidates all other guns

UT requires just as much skill as Q3, if not more so. Speed does not equal skill. Both great games, but don't be dumb.

timing 4-5 items to the second is definitely a skill though which is why only a few players can do it well while most only focus on timing 1 or 2 to the second, you've never played Quake so you have no idea how hard it is to do that while you're also trying to keep track of where the enemy is, how much hp/armor he has, what guns he has, etc

Yeah quake is cool, I play live occasionally and will pick up diabotical day 1
The problem is champions is fucking trash and you defend it
Until you trash talk qc I'm going to write you off as a shill for a really shitty game

this

/thread

ut requires significantly less skill that quake because of the incredibly busted sniper rifle

>Speed does not equal skill.
Not on its own, but easier movement to master and slower (easier) targets does make it less skillful.

Did you forget about the Quake railgun?

the railgun doesn't 2 hit / 1 hit kill

>another quake circlejerk thread
pathetic. bet you faggots never played it.

most top quake pros have admitted to only keeping track of mega and heavy, which isnt hard, but ok keep pretending

Movement meta always makes games feel more skillful, so Q3 usually tops those lists because that's all the game is. Time for weapon spawns, bunnyhop, click good on bad guy until bad guy clicks good on you, respawn.

OP here I didn't even mention Quake Champions because it's so shit, still more skillful than CS though

>which is why only a few players can do it
based retard learn to read
rapha, agent, etc all time 4-5 items in Quake Live, QC is dumbed down so it matters less

It does in Q2.

>Q3
>bunnyhop
yikes

and what game is op?

How? You yourself are also a slower (easier) target. That makes positioning even more important. Not to mention learning when to jump and when to dodge. Then because of the secondary abilities, you have more variables to factor in. I'll give a "maybe" to the sniper rifle being a little OP, but that's doesn't mean the whole game is imbalanced or takes less skill than Q3. It isn't like Q3 doesn't have balance problems.

Q3A's railgun still 2-shots, and you don't even need to aim at any specific body part.

>How?
Easier movement means you can't make yourself stand out against other players nearly as well, and slower movement in general means that everyone can be a bit more lax with their aim because they don't need to track as well.

okay but in ut the sniper will 2 shot someone with a shield belt, the railgun will not do that in quake

In Quake Live it literally takes 5 rails to kill a fully stacked opponent, and he has time to pick up health and armor in between them.

The railgun definitely isn't any more OP than the rocket launcher or lightning gun. You probably just get raped by railgun more than other weapons because you're a retarded shitter with zero skill.

i was trying to explain that the sniper in ut is way more op than the railgun in quake

So all it does is shift the balance from "know where everything is, when it's going to be there, and get to it as fast as possible" aggressive tactic to a more defensive, thought-out, pre-planned tactic. Both require skill, just in different ways. Quake fans usually equate skill to reflexes and memorizing item spawns. Those are also important in UT, but because it's harder to run away, you have to not only think about how and when you initiate contact, but also be ready and able to do so, even if you didn't plan for it. Both are great games, so it's really a matter of preference. No need to argue about which requires more skill.

Overwatch and Apex legends

lmao look at all these dumbfuck kids saying quake doesnt take skill but will refuse to duel anyone in qw. i havent touched quake in years and i could still easily shit on any of you fucking zoomers who pretend that quake is a low skill game while playing garbage like fucking overwatch and csgo

No one plays your boomer trash faggot. Fuck off

Diabotical when?

tribes > ut > beta cs > cs 1-1.6 > quake

no offence but I don't think anyone cares about the opinion of someone with no skill

Haven't bothered to read the thread yet but gonna assume the schizo obsessed with shitposting about CS is here.

correctlook at the ip count,embarrassing.

>no offence but I don't think anyone cares about the opinion of someone with no skill
but im not a quakefag.

Wonder what causes people like this to exist.
You have others like Nubi who is obsessed with shitting up every tekken thread he can.

csfags can't defend their game

Quakecucks can't revive their game.

playing vs bots in Q3 is more challenging and intellectually stimulating than playing CS professionally

It's CPMA, a quake 3 mod that is designed to be as appealing to hardcores as possible.

youtube.com/watch?v=a-lbS7-odJ4

You know in the several hours you obsessively post about CS. You could've played a bunch of Quake.

playing vs bots in CS is more challenging and intellectually stimulating and profiting than playing quake professionally

Imagining still seething over a fucking hl mod 20 years later. Lmao.

Would you count technical tactical squad-based shooters (American Army) as skillful?

CS was always hated

Quake was always a mediocre tech demo. Inferior to doom and duke.

DN3D is the most overrated shit.

Quake is the most mediocre retro fps.

the campaign is overrated sure, Quake is all about the MP

The mp is overrated too.

youtube.com/watch?v=_j8otmne9nU

Anyone exited about diabotical with it's reddit overwatch art style? Will it be dead within 6 months of release?

I'd honestly want to play a multiplayer Receiver, despite it being the work of one who consorts with beasts I thought it was real fun.

alright im going to bed none of you fuckers even wanted to pretend to want to duel this time

I miss Q3 E+

Attached: 1531231364218.jpg (480x475, 51K)