What's the worst game that's ever recieved widespread critical acclaim?

What's the worst game that's ever recieved widespread critical acclaim?

Attached: Uncharted 4.jpg (1524x1899, 479K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/B90frJAHoB8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That one. Definitely the one you posted. Guess we’re done here OP

Of the ones I've played, Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword.
Also, every Call of Duty after Black Ops 1

It was a fun action movie. I'm a Nintendie at heart but I'm glad I played it

>fun action movie
The game was literally "no fun allowed", thanks to Neil Druckmann who turned the franchise into a Last of Us clone.

Bioshock Infinite.

The Last of Us, Skyward Sword, Brawl, Fallout 3, GTA3, Pokemon Sun and Moon, or Final Fantasy 7.

Uncharted 1-3. 4 was good.

Spec Ops: The Line
Life is Strange
Planescape Torment
God of War 4
Metal Gear Solid 4
Uncharted 4
Horizon Zero Dawn
Borderlands 2
Dark Souls II & III
Destiny
Metal Gear Solid 5
Grand Theft Auto IV
Every Fallout game
Dragon Age Series
Every Elder Scrolls Game
Pokemon X/Y
Super Smash Bros Wii U
Mass Effect 3
Every COD after Black Ops 1

Attached: 220px-Mgs4us_cover_small.jpg (220x254, 20K)

The Witcher 3, Breath of the Wild, and Super Mario Odyssey by far

Needs Final Fantasy 8 & 12

Super Mario Odyssey

>Pokemon Sun and Moon
Pretty sure Platinum got more acclaim, and it's a much worse game.

BOTW & Mario Odyssey are objectively 7/10 games. Witcher 3 is trash though, literally a Eurojank game with a large budget

Bioshock Infinite
The Last of Us
Red Dead Redemption II
GTAV
4 was ok, not as bad as 3, but the puzzle-only levels were far too easy to make up for the fact there was no combat in them.

LOU2 in a little bit

Take out Horizon Zero Dawn. It's a fun game that's earned its status.

>

>"Open world" segments just 3 branching paths that auto-save to prevent you from choosing the other 2
>Every enemy encounter is either another boring shooting gallery
>Or just some huge fucking tower you have to start at the bottom and climb to the top
>Rope added zero fun to the combat

Only things going for it was a decent story and visuals/animations. But we can already get that from real movies

Attached: 374808-fuckyou.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

>Planescape Torment
>mgs5
>elder scrolls

Sun & Moon are higher on ((metacritic)).
Platinum isn't very good but it is amazing compared to Sun and Moon.

Planescape literally isn't even a game
Metal Gear Solid 4 was a crime against humanity, somehow MGS5 was even worse
Bethesda has never made a good game, Skyrim was only acclaimed because of nostalgia since everyone loved it when it first came out. When you try to replay it now, you realize it aged like shit & wasn't a good game in the first place

Sun & Moon is the best Pokemon game, the only thing that held it back was the linearity & lackluster graphics due to GameFreak's incomptence

Agree with a lot of this list.
>Metal Gear Solid has always been awful and relied on gimmicks.
>Dark Souls in general is bad as it teaches you its game mechanics in a "git gud" way that wastes your time.
>GTA 4 was a major step back. It traded improved graphics for gameplay.
>Fallout 1 and 2 were good. Fallout 3 acts like it deals with moral choices, which is pretty laughable.
>Pokemon was decent in its original form but it has moved from gimmick to gimmick after instead of improving balance.
>Dragon Age: Awakening was the only decent game, though it had some problems as well.
I only really disagree with is Elder Scrolls, though I'm not defending every game in the series.

Also:
>Druckmann got Amy Hennig fired from Naughty Dog, so he took over and turned the game into TLoU.
>He added a brother for no reason
>Sully became a background plant
>Chloe got pushed into a DLC
>Nate had a child... and it's a girl.
>Nate gets beaten up 3 times by the Strong Independent Black Woman™ but somehow stops his brother from killing her.
U4 was the worst Uncharted game.

You could maybe argue Modded Skyrim deserves critical acclaim, but it still deserves nowhere near the amount is has recieved. It should be remembered as nothing more than a slightly above average game.

>>Nate had a child... and it's a girl.

Don't forget they even stated in the bts it was originally a boy until they realized they could score more socjus bucks switching it

>Bethesda has never made a good game
Assuming you just mean Bethesda Studios, Morrowind is rather overrated but it is definitely good.
>473222008
bait
>wasn't a good game in the first place
correct
>Skyrim aged like shit
Besides being annihilated by Breath of the Wild, how has Skyrim aged in any way at all?

Same person, would also add Witcher 3, Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy XII & Red Dead Redemption 2 to this list

You need 100s of mods for it to even be worth playing, that's how you know it's terrible. You can play Half-Life 2 without any enhancements at all and still get a solid 6/10 game. Whereas Skyrim drops to a 4/10 without mods

I know. Druckmann is going to kill Naughty Dog. I don't think they will ever make another actual "fun" game.

Critics review games not mods
Also, off yourself. Fixing a bad game with mods is impossible. Mods are for total conversions, adding additional content (ie new maps) and technical fixes. Even if you have the vision to flawlessly analyze a game and identify what needs fixing and have all the mods to do so at your disposal and they are all amazingly done, you still end up with a disjointed, unfocused mess of a 'game' with no interactions between any of the systems, mechanics, or content.
>DURR JUST FIX THE SHOVELWARE WITH SOME MODS
Is a complete Bethesda shill argument.
I said Skyrim was bad? Explain how exactly it has aged though? Did you just mean that you happened to be stupid enough to enjoy it in 2011?
>You need 100s of mods for it to even be worth playing
See above

Breath of the Wild by far

hooktube.com/B90frJAHoB8

Attached: 200.jpg (1300x877, 547K)

probably bioshock infinite