Dota 2 just killed itself, press F

Dota 2 just killed itself, press F.

blog.dota2.com/2019/08/matchmaking-update-2/

Attached: dota-2-official.jpg (1191x670, 124K)

tldr?

>playing anything other than unranked all pick

had to be alive first to kill itself dotard

Forced meta roles in ranked matchmaking like LoL has.

>playing mobas

why are you in this thread

They get ignored in other threads

lmao

actually good change, normal ranked drafting was a shitshow everytime

what? that's nowhere in the update retard stop lying

>playing ranked

Literally read the link OP just fucking posted you retard

>make the game less fun to appeal to MMR wankers
>Actually encourage the retarded meta game theory like roles and positions
>Won't make an option to remove cosmetics
Valve have gone completely off the deep end

>2019
>playing asscancer

I have retard. I literally play dota almost daily. If you think having 1-5 roles is the equivalent of hard locking roles to force a meta you're fucking retarded. The 1-5 nomenclature has been in dota since its inception.

No surprise, its what the game became after meme backs. Anyone who was any good, had any brains, and wasn't making cash, got out then. Everyone else probably didn't even realize it happened until just now.

Attached: 1414971924170.gif (400x223, 621K)

Reminder that this only affects ranked dota

No it hasn't. It's just some bullshit a bunch of self important nerds invented.

ok dota 2 baby

But this is good news. No more idiot cores in every game.

It's more than 1-5, it's more specific than that and it controls your total team composition.
I just told you to read, why don't you listen?

Since years...

I've more hours in Dota than Dota 2. And I have over 10k hours in Dota 2. The idea didn't exist until league of legends. Nobody even said it in hon.

But that's wrong you fucking retard. It's literally 1-5.
1. Hard Carry/Core
2. Mid Core
3. Offlane Core/Soft Core
4. Soft Support
5. Hard Support

I always wonder how many steam credits gets the guy working at dota.

>game was good when i played game
>now i dont play game so game bad

>forced

Its not forced, you can pick all of them and get on as usual.
The more significant changes is as of course the separation between support MMR and core MMR.

Who controls what a support is and what a core is? Boy I love having less freedom

t.

Attached: D8wejqgU8AAchJ9.jpg large.jpg (1024x438, 48K)

Couldn't be any worse than the current obviously rigged matchmaking, where one team will most of the time completely shit on the other

How to actually fix matchmaking: make it true 100% random with zero factors taken into account.

Nobody
This shit is for those who know exactly what they want to do and gets appropriate matchmaking they desire.

For people like you, whom I assume, a lot more flexible on the drafting phase can always pick all the roles when you start your queue without any restriction whatsoever as usual.

Haven't played ranked in years sp this doesn't bother me in the slightest. Now if you'll excuse me, I have my 1000th game of techies to play

This, fucking coretards that throw the game of they cant be pos1 need to be permalocled to RU servers
t.pos1 player

1-5 literally just means farm priority you stupid retard. What you're listing there is far more specific than 1-5 and yes, that is a forced team comp meta. Dota is dead and you are retarded.

Yes retard, and that affects the roles. You absolute fucking dipshit.
How does that in any way affect the meta? Are you proposing some team composition that includes 0 offlaners, or 0 mid heroes, or 0 carries, and 3 supports?
fucking brainless idiot fucking kill yourself please

>How to actually fix matchmaking: make it true 100% random with zero factors taken into account.
I don't think that is a sensible solution, but adding an optional mode like that could be really fun.

those are the same thing retard, jesus fuck how are you redditors this stupid

>d-dota is dead b-because I say so!

who cares

>Yes retard, and that affects the roles. You absolute fucking dipshit.
No it doesn't you retard. Any composition will still have positions 1 through 5. The comp sets the positions, the positions don't set the comp. Dota is setting the comp here.

5 specific lane roles on a team is forcing a meta. That isn't how dota used to work, it was never that solved and rigid. You have no clue what you're talking about.

>i-i can't read!

I can definitely read and you saying the game is dead definitely contradicts reality

Okay, please show me a single professional match that did not obey the 1-5 rule.
Go ahead, I'll be waiting for the next 8 hours as you try to desperately cope and backpedal.

see

Attached: 1541524204494.jpg (720x543, 65K)

Farm priority? I play position 1/2 Dusk and Sky and position 4/5 Alch/WK and shit all the time. If your criticism is that you want the option to completely abandon the concept of farm priority then you're a fucking retard and your complaints are retarded.

>Okay, please show me a single professional match that did not obey the 1-5 rule.
That's not what I said. That's the opposite of what I said, I said that 1-5 is ALWAYS there no matter what the comp is. Learn to read you fucking retard. What I said is the 1 through 5 positions are not always the exact composition of lanes and hero types that this new matchmaking is forcing. You'll have more trouble finding pro games that DO fit into that locked formula.

I'm sorry that you don't know what "this game is dead" means, but you should lurk longer before trying to post next time

>experimental temporary addition
who cares

Attached: quue.png (465x466, 158K)

>5 specific lane roles on a team
But they're not "specific lane roles" you oaf. They're farm priorities.

Please show me a single pro game that did not obey the 1-5 rule.
You know why you can't? Because you're a fucking idiot that thinks the 1-5 team comp somehow forces a lane composition. Hint: it doesn't. Now stop embarrassing yourself and jump off a building.

>But they're not "specific lane roles" you oaf. They're farm priorities.
Read the fucking article.

Attached: 1547663909155.jpg (804x787, 126K)

Who controls farm priority?

>it's dead because the matchmaking changed and you dont have 2 roaming shitters who dont want to roll for their role every 9 games out of 10

>Because you're a fucking idiot that thinks the 1-5 team comp somehow forces a lane composition.
I'm literally saying the opposite of this. Read my fucking posts before you reply to me again.
What part of "the 1 through 5 positions are not always the exact composition of lanes and hero types that this new matchmaking is forcing" do you not understand?

Attached: 1548030990795.png (182x220, 34K)

And? Valve isn't going to be coming into my games to tell me I can't field that comp are they you failed abortion. They're literally including that to tell people who might not know what the 1 - 5 numbers mean. You can still play those numbers any way you want, within the boundaries of farm priority.

>You can still play those numbers any way you want, within the boundaries of farm priority.
No you can't, because everyone else in your match queued for a specific role and is expecting you to fill the one you selected.
Nobody can be this stupid

you're the one claiming this new system somehow forces lane compositions despite it being literally the 1-5, aka nothing changes

>Roles
Lmao what a cucked game, faggots like you have completely sucked the fun out of it.

>you're the one claiming this new system somehow forces lane compositions despite it being literally the 1-5
No I'm not, because this system is not the 1-5. That wouldn't even make sense because the farm priority positions are dynamic based on what heroes are picked in what lanes. Read the fucking article you stupid retard.

And how is that different from current matchmaking you goddamn troglodyte? Are you telling me before this patch your pos 5 double mid would have flown with the randoms you matched with?
Like I said Valve isn't going to ENFORCE it. If you could convince someone to let you do some spastic lineup before you can still convince them now.

it's only fun when it's competitive

you're actually hopelessly illiterate lmao

>how is one forced lane layout and team comp built into the matchmaking the same thing as going into a game and dynamically creating your comp and strategy with the party
Are you legitimately braindead or just pretending?

>no argument
Thanks for admitting I'm right!

It is competitive. You just want to play with your rules.

>Valve isn't going to ENFORCE it.
The people you're matched with are going to enforce it. I just explained this you stupid retard. People aren't gonna just bow to your ideas when you all queued for specific roles and lanes.

But it's NOT forced. That's the point. Nobody is forcing you to do dick? Are you seriously saying we will no longer see either 2/1/2 or 1/1/3 in ranked after this change as everyone conforms to a fucking blogpost? Fucking lmaoing at ur lyf.

the optimal rules followed at the highest mmr

When are they removing behaviour score?

>Nobody is forcing you to do dick?
I just addressed this two times. Either read or don't respond to me. A forced meta is a forced meta. You lose.

And as I said they were going to do that anyways if they're gonna do it now so this doesn't change jack shit. Holy fuck what's wrong with you.

trilanes and lane swap are still a thing nigger
went from off to mid in my first game after this patch

Wen r dey remoof behavor scor huurrr

>And as I said they were going to do that anyways
That's wrong though. You've never played dota.

Optimal for what? It's literally a meme, a fashion if you will. If you left the game the same for 5 years the idea of what is optimal would change completely

Teams will match up against solo queues now.

Well Dusk and Sky didn't have carry points on that tab beneath the hero select when I play them in higher positions. I guess Valve FORCES me not to use them in those positions, right? Because they wrote some nonsense about them not being cores?

>People aren't gonna just bow to your ideas when you all queued for specific roles and lanes.
>Q as Core
>Match filled with appropriate roles
>IMMA GONNA BE RETARDED AND PLAY 4th POSITION
>hurr durr

Neck yourself.

>Q as Core
>Match filled with appropriate roles
>IMMA GONNA BE RETARDED AND PLAY 4th POSITION
>hurr durr
Wait so you're agreeing I was right then?

I don't know what you think you're talking about because this has nothing to do with selecting roles in matchmaking

Can I play as Sven support? If yes then there is no issue.
If no, then that is the time when we can call the time of death for this piece of shit.

But till that happen, it doesn't fucking matter.

Report me bitch

you still can

Does this mean they're ending forced 50/50?

Attached: 1511250856864.jpg (800x800, 90K)

I CAN'T BELIEVE VALVE *FORCES* YOU INTO PLAYING SPECIFIC HEROES IN SPECIFIC ROLES THIS GAME IS FUCKING DEAD REPORT VALVE REPORT

Attached: VALVE KILLED IT REEEE.png (1338x367, 642K)

Really loving all these people who have their own personal meta where farm priority doesn't exist and gold is spent evenly throughout the team. Must suck to be one of those people to have Big Valve come here and force the meta on them.
Almost like the time Valve forced the carrying-a-TP-meta onto them.

Really loving all these retards who can't read and think this is about farm priority positions.

It's a good change

Really loving this one baby who's not even brave enough to > me

Retarded or baiting?

CAN'T YOU READ? VALVE LITERALLY FORCES YOU TO PLAY THOSE HEROES IN SUPPORT ROLES, LOOK AT THE WRITING THEY PUT

But valve doesn't force you to carry a tp

In this system, you can, but it isn't very viable.

lane swaps still exist
trilanes still exist
flexibility is still there as a smart core will let a support get more farm if his powerspike is crucial in the game

Ranked Roles being apart of the base game is a massively good change though, and maybe now the Solo/Party thing will be cancerous for Solo Ranked games but it will likely be fine in 6 months. Plus Solo has Solo Strict which is only affected if that trash 2k friend you carry to a high Party MMR decides he really IS 5-6k.

You don't know what's viable.

NO
*NO*
AS *SOON* AS YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT TRYING TO DO THAT VALVE WILL SHUT DOWN YOUR GAME AND SEND GABEN TO *PERSONALLY* SHUT DOWN YOUR ENTIRE STEAM ACCOUNT. DOTA IS *DEAD*.

itt 1 retard redditor chimps out after not understanding farm allocation terms that have existed for at least a decade. you dont know what your talking about dumbfuck, you dont play dota. just go back to league since thats all you can think about.

Attached: 1513889910802.jpg (415x400, 21K)

>Ranked roles
Actually sounds pretty good, because everyone loves to fight people for lanes. So many times you have someone fight you for your lane and then they are bad at it or pick a specific hero to do that role and get countered, sometimes they even pick into a counter.

kill yourself

see Read the fucking post in the OP, the roles you select from aren't pos 1-5

GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU FUCKING LIAR
STOP SPREADING FUCKING LIES YOU STUPID NIGGER LOLSHITTER
FUCK OFF

Can I sell the TP I start with?

I pick into counters to make the game more fun. You think you get to tell me I can't? Suck a dick

Read the post, that's literally what it is

You are retarded. The system doesnt lock heroes for the role you queue. You technically can still pick lion mid or Dusk offlane. You mark the lane, not the hero.

I dont care what people do, just dont fucking die a shitload of times.

I'm pretty sure that was satire user

they are you chimp, they're the same fucking thing. 1-5 is carry core, mid, off core, soft and hard supports respectively and always has been. outside of sometimes pro teams giving farm priority to mid over carry. please fucking shutup, you dont know what your talking about.

Are you serious? Because getting matched against immortals in ancient is already so fun

I want to go back to 2012

Attached: 1531799316096.jpg (400x400, 19K)

Play the game once before spreading lies

Or maybe you just have real brain damage. In that case, im sorry for you and yelling to you.

>Pick support I wanna carry with
>Pair with carry
>Just steal their farm
>Me carry now

Attached: 1559475441690.png (664x520, 177K)

>1-5 is carry core, mid, off core, soft and hard supports respectively and always has been.
No it isn't. 1-5 simply refers to farm priority. You can do any lane and team comp layout want and it'll have an ideal 1-5. Valve isn't forcing 1-5, they're forcing a specific one of those lane and team comp layouts.

reminder that you are not choosing lane, you are just choosing farm priority.

It doesnt force you to do dual lanes, or trilanes, or having a jungle, or go trilane agressive, or having carry support in mid.

based

>Play the game once before spreading lies
Read the fucking post
It literally says it right there in the dota blog post
You are legitimately retarded

Attached: 1563212015211.jpg (338x300, 11K)

>reminder that you are not choosing lane, you are just choosing farm priority.
The post literally says shit like "So if you like playing Mid or Offlane, you can select those two" you fucking retard

Attached: 1548187400384.jpg (362x328, 11K)

none of the is talking about lane layout you retard. valve isnt forcing anything you fucking clown

Hell no, and paid subscription will still affect matchmaking.
But this is a good change for dedicated support players. As you climb up, there should be less people, who perform bad on core roles.

Attached: 1552668964186.jpg (600x600, 51K)

>none of the is talking about lane layout you retard.
Valve is. The post talks about picking lanes. Actually read the fucking announcement before you try to talk about.

This is a actually good.

LIterally braindamaged. If you actually played the game, you'll notice that going mid or choosing "mid" doesnt necessarily means you are going mid.
Do you know what changing lanes means? agressive trilanes? junglers? no? of course you don't.

You literally are thinking that a dude that marks mid, pick sky to get countered by brood isn't going to ask his lina support to go mid instead of him.

>been playing actively since 2011 and now playing on a smurf cause my main is banned for behaviour grinding
this update is actually not that bad, team ranked mmr always meant shit and getting rid of it was always a necessity, now combining that with the solo ranked mmr and having solo queuers play against premade stacks is probably not the greatest idea. As for the core vs support mmr division, that makes a lot of sense actually, there are tons of supports out there with inflated mmrs, at least these scrubs are gona play at their own level now that they have a separate mmr :)

Attached: 1493695691471.jpg (1000x1000, 124K)

>implying mid is always the same spot on 1-5 farm position.
They're forcing a meta. Anyone who can't see it is fucking stupid and has no clue how Dota is actually played and is probably a LoL convert.

offlane isnt a lane pick retard, its a role. valve isnt enforcing anything. what is the thing you want to do that you now irrationally thing valve wont let you?

What lane does "Soft Support" go to? The 1-3 priority almost always means Safe Lane, Mid, Offlane. There is no hard restriction where your locked into being on a lane or your open to reports. REPORT SOFT SUPPORT FOR ROAMING REEEEE

I'm aware, and this changes nothing. You are fucking retarded. Valve is trying to force lanes into farm priority positions which isn't how the game actually functions.

No, they are forcing people to pick competently

BUT THE PLAYERS THEMSELVES SEE IT AS FARM PRIORITY AND NOT LANES IT S JUST BECAUSE NEW PLAYERS WOULDNT UNDERSTAND THE 12345 SYSTEM
FACTUALLY, WHEN YOU ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME, EVERYONE THINKS THEY RE 12345 AND THEY ARE NOT STUCK IN THEIR LANE

SAFE LANE LIFESTEALER SEE RAZOR OFF??? HE SWAPS WITH OFFLANE PHOENIX!!!! MAGIC!

Why?

Stop pretending you play dota, dude. Nobody is falling for your pathetic baits.

>The 1-3 priority almost always means Safe Lane, Mid, Offlane.
And that's not how the game works. Sometimes position 1 is mid, sometimes you do 2/1/2 with two equal core/support lanes, you can't just write off one set of roles and positions because that's not how the game functions. This isn't LoL and there's no defending this.

I'm sorry that you can't read

have sex

holy shit the loltard projection in these posts. what is it you want to do that you think valve wont allow?

Thanks for admitting you were wrong!

>sometimes position 1 is mid
it is never mid you fucking wanker

Just go to /vg/ for good discussion. Half of the people here don't play dota.

>people regularly dont pick supports
>frequently 4 cores is a thing
>people fight each other for farm all the time

I guarantee thar if you pick Medusa or Arc mid, even in fucking 1k, people will treat you as pos 1

have smex

>please keep arguing with me!! reeee

this

Attached: 1518454458055.png (478x465, 368K)

Still waiting for a counter argument. Valve is forcing lanes with attached farm priorities which is not how the game works.

It literally is
Watch internationals

>Sometimes position 1 is mid
In what wolrd would you put a lane where it's almost impossible to actually secure farm as the designated lane for hero who requires it?

But yes, if a Medusa goes offlane, and a Slark goes safelane, I THINK the players will realise that the Medusa needs to farm over fight more than Slark, and there's NOTHING stopping them from doing that going forward.
The same way Valve CALLS Rubick a support here yet there's NOTHING stopping you running him position 2 core.
You fucking
DUNCE.

answer the question, what do you think valve wont allow you to do now?

Give me a counter argument or you're admitting you were wrong.

You're looking at one very specific and fluid scenario. This system forces lanes and roles for all five positions.

>37 IPs
lmao this thread is just a bunch of third worders arguing about a game no one cares about. DIE.

lmao you literally haven't managed to convince a single poster in this entire thread

Thanks for admitting that Valve fell down to Riot's level and is trying to force a meta!

This system has existed for like 2 years but apparently when its made public now its Valve totally forcing shit on the players

Attached: 1538425492498.png (1800x1578, 199K)

your blatantly incorrect statements dont merit "counter arguments". now answer the question you fucking kike. what exactly do you think valve wont let you do now? What dumb ass thing do you want to do that you think your team would permit but valve wouldnt?

>This system has existed for like 2 years
A few parts of it have existed in a separate temporary event queue.

Attached: 1550861081884.jpg (400x398, 38K)

dota is for white males

Attached: 1538282435230.jpg (1080x1080, 116K)

>tfw my friends are all coming back to play cause party ranked means something again
we have a dota date scheduled later tonight

Attached: 1555332320680.png (1023x692, 1.42M)

>south america
>white

>your blatantly incorrect statements dont merit "counter arguments"
Concession accepted! Thanks for admitting I'm right.

>now answer the question you fucking kike. what exactly do you think valve wont let you do now?
I've said it four times now, why can't you fucking read? The fact that everyone picks a role going in means you can't do anything fluid because everyone is already planning on a set position and is planning on you to fill the other others. The only way you can break what's built into the matchmaking is when you do a 5 stack which is outside the context of the system.

tfw 5k support player can finally get recognition

Attached: 1546658758515.png (898x790, 387K)

>The game currently overly emphasizes playing solo and establishes a strong social reward mechanism for this, which causes many players to prefer playing alone than with friends.
is Valve retarded or is it like 90% of the playerbase who unironically believes this? I could never fucking stand playing this game alone.

Attached: literallywhy.png (291x286, 9K)

>Hard support invokers and Legions
based

the vast majority of TI winners are white males from the US of A, EU, and surrounding areas

Dota is a white man's game

Attached: 1557581458162.jpg (600x400, 29K)

Considering the validity of any of your opinions were based on solo mmr? Yes

>mfw last match was in 2016

feels good not being autistic anymore

actually based update

Attached: 1552846291002.png (640x960, 990K)

>Update is actually really good
>"Hurr durr Dota 2 is ded lol"
Huh

>update brings in 400k extra people in a single day
>dead
this update just gave dota more players than the last 10 AAA releases have players combined

This is a TI winner
when he says the update is good, the update is good

Attached: 1563448769991.jpg (1936x2592, 1.39M)

so you're upset people are going to have the same expectation of you they always had, you really are retarded. nobody is forcing things on you dumbfuck. do you just mash random and walk around to various lanes saying you're "playing fluidly"? you really are impossibly stupid so i bet thats exactly what you do. thing is valve wont even force you to stop doing that

>the same expectation of you they always had
That's wrong though. You don't actually play Dota. This isn't how the game works.

actually a good update holy shit

Attached: 1542122625364.gif (500x281, 608K)

the projection in this post. everyone always has expectations and ideas when the enter a game. if you dont you're probably a game ruiner. is that what you're scared of? valve getting onto you for your "quirky innovative XD" style of play? i still dont know what you think valve is going to stop you from doing. you probably wont say cause you're just some dumb shitposting loltard redditor.

the leaguelet always runs to make dead game threads when threatened by superior dota patches

Attached: 1541440074453.jpg (406x720, 60K)

based 2gd

Attached: 1543873351311.jpg (890x839, 341K)

>everyone always has expectations and ideas when the enter a game.
People don't go into a game knowing they're getting mid and knowing that everyone else is going to plug into four other consistent slots because they were specifically matched into them. Fuck off you stupid retard.

oh man shoulda waited a day to play ranked

Attached: 1553095165282.png (995x897, 243K)

yes the fucking do. people go in wanting mid, wanting to play something specific, if theres a conflict they either work it out during picking or probably throw the game. this goes for pretty much any core position, and sometimes even support. you'd know this if you actually ever played the game.

>playing anything other than turbo or ability draft

I prefer playing alone.

Because your friends are a certain sort of person. The sort of person who plays DotA. And for the most part that person, unless they're just incredible fucking people, isn't going to take any advice you give them. Playing DotA is like going to the gym except they fucking aren't exactly getting good at something physically impressive like a sport or outdoor activity they're just really good at doing some basic fucking motions. Because at the end of the day, any fucking person can use a machine or the free weights, this is some basic hero shit like builds; but what is actually difficult and what most people don't fucking understand is the complex shit about how a hero functions like their matchups or the niche applications of certain items in those matchups or simply recognizing that just because you're fucking Mid doesn't mean you Position 1 because you scale like shit.

In Solo Queue there's an advantage to the coldness and stubbornness. Everyone doesn't give a fuck about a personal connection so when someone picks up the reigns of leadership or try-hards, everyone can fucking get behind it because at their core, they want to fucking win and if this stranger wants to actually put some fucking effort in, they'll just do it. Everyone just wants to fucking win and we'll god forbid COOPERATE. And for some fucking reason I don't get that in groups; in some groups I feel like they think it's okay to waste my fucking time picking horseshit like Techies or Pudge or some worthless meme bullshit because they know we can't/won't report them. And don't get me wrong, I don't mind funny plays but you have to give and not take all the time.

I like playing with my friends but they've been playing the exact same DotA for the hundreds of hours we've played together. They won't fucking improve. They consciously use the time with you to fuck around instead of trying to grow with you.

There's a huge and important difference between "wanting to" and "going to." The point is the latter inhibits people from forming a strategy at select because it's already been done for you and you're guaranteed to get the position you asked for.

Is it really this hard for you to accept that you were wrong? You don't even need to admit it, you can just stop posting.

based dota hardass

Attached: 1530664575058.png (262x233, 57K)

THERE'S STILL
STRICT
SOLO
QUEUE

what else would people complain about
it's literally the same shit but people won't take your lane

thats the same thing, but you've done it slightly sooner, and you dont have to fight with some dude over mid. again, nobody is forcing you to do anything.

>thats the same thing
No it isn't. Not at all. The former forces you to create your own strategy, the latter does it for you and doesn't allow you to create your own. Nobody can be this stupid.

If you like Valve forcing a meta and resorting to this LoL shit, just say it instead of trying to pretend it's something it isn't.

>not forming a team that plays at your skill level with the same play schedule and appropriate distribution of roles
casual

~~~ATTENTION~~~
Being able to select position 1 through 5 does not force any roles or meta on anyone. In a match of dota, if played intelligently, will always have a heirarchy of who deserves the available farm on the map. This is where positions come in. If you see your position 1 trying to farm, you leave the immediate farm around him free to do so. This is generally because he scales better with items and levels than other heroes in the game.

This is the smartest update valve has ever released. STOP TOUCHING MY FARM APES I'M POSITION 1 YOU'RE POSITION 2

>what is sniper mid
>what is medusa mid
>what is alch mid

>Being able to select position 1 through 5 does not force any roles
You don't pick position 1-5, you pick roles. Read the blog post.
>So if you like playing Mid or Offlane, you can select those two

what strategy numbnuts? you still wont say after a fucking hour? do you go into every game and try to convince your randos to offensive trilane? BECAUSE YOU CAN STILL DO SHIT LIKE THAT, NOBODY IS STOPPING YOU.

what the fuck if you're anywhere at a good mmr people know that the roles and positions are interchangeable and you let others below you take farm if they're close to an item that gives you a timing

I'm assuming only low skill retards complain about this?
my mid/safe are pos1/2 depending on how they draft
my off is pos 3
and my last two are pos 4/5 which will be supports since they're getting the least farm out of the map

who the fuck doesn't understand this and believes this is forcing anything? the roles are already set in stone at high level play because after millions of matches people fell into specific roles for a team

>what strategy numbnuts? you still wont say after a fucking hour?
I shouldn't have to fucking spoonfeed you like this. I've explained it at least half a dozen times.

What heroes you pick, what lanes they go in and in what layout, and who gets farm priority. If you ever played dota in your life you'd understand there there are endless ways to do that and that's the entire point of the game. Having you pick a slot in one set strategy totally goes against the spirit of the game.

>what the fuck if you're anywhere at a good mmr people know that the roles and positions are interchangeable and you let others below you take farm if they're close to an item that gives you a timing
Irrelevant. Building it into the matchmaking forces it at lower levels and trains people with the false ideology that there's one "right" way to build a team and distribute on the map like it is in LoL. It's a slippery slope.

Dont mind me, just posting the most based support

Attached: images - 2019-07-31T100659.090.jpg (256x144, 6K)

fucking list them. list out your quirky little stratgies you think valve is stealing from you. you can still offensive tri, you can still have the 4 roam, you can go 2-1-2 or 1-1-3. you better not have a fucking jungler though cause thats fucking dogshit now. nobody is stopping you from doing anything. having an idea of what role will be expected of you dosent change that you fucking lolbabby.

literally the best fucking change i've ever seen

dota 2 is now unstoppable

Go watch a bunch of TI games. I'm not spoonfeeding you, it's common knowledge that Dota isn't this rigid.

if they just changed it to position queue and changed them from 1-5 it would appease all the autist and serve the same purpose

t.

Attached: 1564885151679.jpg (1078x1360, 156K)

this doesn't impact pro play this only helps those who want to imitate the big dogs the opportunity to do so and to do so with the chosen position they want to play
everyone is happy and dota grows cause now party queue matters which means 5 stacks might actually become good enough at dota to compete with higher skill teams that have dominate the scene for a near decade now

it's only healthy for both the game and the pro scene

dota is for white males

Attached: 1545313625798.png (601x601, 455K)

Thanks for admitting I'm right!

>dude valve is totally gonna shut out my specials strategies by TOTTALLY ENFORCING A META!!!
"what strategies are they going to eliminate, heres some the certainly wont."
>GLUUHH IM NOT TELLING YOU! JUST TRUST ME DUDE! WATCH TI MY 2K PUBS ARE LIKE A PRO LEVEL TEAM! VALVE IS TAKING MY FREEDOM!
ok sweety, at least you admit you're wrong

Concession accepted!

based

Attached: 1545266755889.png (820x547, 803K)

tell me your strats valve wont allow you to do. if you can do that you lose worse than you already have, loltard.

will this change finally help our boy ice3

Attached: 1563881261078.jpg (1024x576, 54K)

I've said it seven times now. Read the thread or you're just admitting you have no point and you just want to shitpost.

This actually may make me play the game again. Separate MMR for core/support is quite nice.

finally my friends want to play dota again

Attached: 1557708074611.webm (1132x636, 1.75M)

if you cant lay them out in bullet points and illustrate why valve is totally destroying them you're eternally btfo, loltard. going "muh strategy" without expanding on it isnt an argument. put up or shut up.

anne frank never died

I already did. Try clicking some backlinks, I've explained it in detail at least twice now.

>loltard
Why the everloving fuck would you think someone who hates the LoL system and is upset about Dota moving closer to it would be a LoLtard? How is it physically possible for anyone to be this stupid?

Attached: 1560824116459.gif (250x141, 1.31M)

1-5?

>chosing to lose
Really stuck it to that meta huh champ?

you're retarded, if you have even 1k hours on dota i'd be surprised

>I already did. Try clicking some backlinks, I've explained it in detail at least twice now.
should be really easy to copy paste then huh? remember bullet point them and provide specific explanations for how valve is destroying them or you fucking lose even further tardboy.
>Why the everloving fuck would you think someone who hates the LoL system and is upset about Dota moving closer to it would be a LoLtard? How is it physically possible for anyone to be this stupid?
because you dont seem to know how dota works. your painfully low iq shitposting bears all the the hall marks of a lol player

You're fucking retarded. In EVERY competitive game there are three cores and two supports. Sometimes the pos 4 balls out and becomes a core. But it's still pos 4 to start. Are you talking about jungling? Because lvl 1 jungling is fucking garbage and always has been. Jungling later, trilaning, rotating mid? Well you can and should still do those things if the game calls for it.

It means farm priority, position 1 is the hardest carry who needs the most gold and position 5 is the pure support who doesn't need gold at all.

t. lol tard

Should be really easy to read then huh? Remember to scroll up and respond to them or you fucking lose even further tardboy.
The ball is in your court here.

>because you dont seem to know how dota works. your painfully low iq shitposting bears all the the hall marks of a lol player
This doesn't make any sense. A LoL player is the kind of person who wouldn't see an issue with forcing a meta like this.

>In EVERY competitive game there are three cores and two supports. Sometimes the pos 4 balls out and becomes a core.
And where they go and which ones fall into which farm priorities is not set in stone.

1-5 has nothing to do with position but has to do with importance of gold/exp. For example, a balanced team is a 1-2-3-4-5 which mathematically equals 15. So 15 is an 'average team'. If you had a team consisting of a 1-1-3-5-5 you'd still have, in theory a balanced team.

1-5 is just a numbering system used to understand in broad terms the proper way to build a character for a match. Anti-mage is always valued at "1" since he is literally unusable without massive amounts of gold and exp. Shadow Shaman is 4-5 since he doesn't need a lot of exp and gold to function.

This core/support MMR separation gets really murky for 3rd position which has in theory been really flexible. We've seen metas where the 3 position has been a glorified support (against aggressive trilanes that prevent farming for example) but we've also seen 3 position blossom into solid cores due to their opponent being too passive.

So which role (core or support) is the 3 position? The answer is that it is base on the current meta. If tri-lane is still common then the 3 position is a support. if its a 1 v 1 then the 3 position has the opportunity to be a core.

Attached: Antimage.png (674x674, 352K)

No shit. Do you think they are set in stone now? Why do you think that? You can still do whatever you want if you start as pos 4. People are still going to farm as pos 4. People will still sometimes farm hard and carry as pos 3. It will just depend on the game like it always did. You are just being retarded.

>Do you think they are set in stone now?
Yes

>Why do you think that?
Because the blog post literally talks about selecting specific lanes in matchmaking you fucking mouthbreather

It gets further muddled when some characters like Chen essentially occupy a 3-4 position, despite functioning fully on 5 due to adding resources to the early-mid game.

>Should be really easy to read then huh? Remember to scroll up and respond to them or you fucking lose even further tardboy.
Uh oh sweety, thats another dodge on the question, guess you lose.

like i said, you dont seem to have any idea of how dota works, so its pretty easy to assume you're just some loltard shitposter. And lets be honest, thats entirely correct isnt it?

ur so dumb

this was a good update

Attached: 1541192719231.png (855x605, 35K)

>So because of that, and because of our abiding love of having multiple MMR numbers, we are adding a new concept of Core and Support MMR numbers. In order to achieve this, we need to know what role you want to play in advance of the match being formed. So for this experimental update, we are moving the Ranked Roles feature to the base Ranked matchmaking and expanding on its capabilities. Now when you matchmake, you will have the option of selecting roles from position 1 through 5 (Safe Lane Core through Hard Support), including multiple selections. So if you like playing Mid or Offlane, you can select those two, or if you like playing Hard Support and Mid, you’ll be able to do that as well. You will be matched based on either your Core or Support MMR.

>Each MMR type will also have its own leaderboard, and for the purposes of this short experimental period the existing rank will be applied as the initial rank for both Core and Support. If we end up keeping this feature in the future, there will be a separate calibration phase for each one.

BEST FUCKING CHANGE IN HISTORY OF DOTA

I only sorta agree. As someone who plays position 3 which do I pick? I guess I pick core... this meta?

you'll pick offlane and you'll be considered a core for mmr

Uh oh sweety, you can't rebut the thing I've clearly explained multiple times now, guess you lose.

>like i said, you dont seem to have any idea of how dota works, so its pretty easy to assume you're just some loltard shitposter.
The irony of this is fucking staggering. One of the most significant distinguishing factors between the two games is Dota's freeform team composition, lane layout, and win strategy, so anyone who actually understands dota and plays it would be appalled at the idea of moving towards forcing anything into any of this.

>Replying to an inbred LoL player

Stop feeding them

Your explanation is a bit wrong.
Let's say, you have Skywrath Mage, who goes mid. He NEEDS alot of items FAST
Meanwhile, if you play Sky as 4 or 5, he doesn't need items. Because the composition is such, that he has heroes, that back him up, set up long stuns, so he can ultimate, and enemies don't have magic resistance or displacement abilities.
In other words, 1-5 number is not attached to a hero.

I only play starcraft 2 and I read these notes
they sound really good for a team game if you have to rely on public match making to find you a team

Attached: 1559373821796.jpg (1200x1796, 532K)

>kuroky
>white

Except there's been multiple points brought up against you and all you do is ignore them and then strut around and say you won. It's like debating a toddler. As has been said, Valve has differentiated heroes in terms of farm priority on the pick board for ages. As has been said, nobody is strictly enforcing this. Many things have been said. The only counterpoint you bring up is "THANKS4ADMITIWON". You're an imbecile.

I am correct. Skywrath -can- be played as a 2 position but its uncommon in this meta.

Remember when mid was played like a second 1 position? The literal location of the hero isnt as important as the philosophical design and the meta.

Earthshaker is typically a 3 but a lot of times falls back to a 4 but is virtually never a 1

i mean, no one ever really queues up for a pub thinking "i'm just gonna fill roles watever", they want to play something specifically. its good

Attached: 1553756164213.webm (914x534, 2.28M)

Nobody who plays video games is a member of the "Aryan race" Sorry OP but you are just a cuck like the rest of us.

Attached: 1564399924829.png (495x616, 493K)

>Except there's been multiple points brought up against you and all you do is ignore them and then strut around and say you won.
I've refuted every point brought up against me. Meanwhile you haven't refuted the fact that forcing lanes and roles into the matchmaking significantly reduces your ability to play anything else without a 5 stack which is a different context.

>it's not actually forced dude, nobody is stopping you

By that logic lul isn't either since any retard can just play whatever he wants wherever he wants however he wants

based update

Attached: 1533664297410.jpg (1900x1352, 963K)

remember to vote for void arcana

As has been said, the community already enforced those setups. How exactly has it been "significantly reduced"?

>As has been said, the community already enforced those setups.
As has been said, that isn't true.

Why is that bad? Seems like it prevents retarded games where everyone picks carries and you waste 40 minutes of your life in an unwinnable game.

i'm 100% sure if you act like a retard you will end up in lp with retards or a ban
nothing to it

I like the ranked roles but why does it separate core and support mmr? Queueing for a specific role is fine but I don't want separate mmr.

lol no. The only people who vote for void are pathetic failures who live in their mommy's basement. Get a job and a life and maybe you'll understand lol

COME TO D2G THE DOTA 2 GENERAL ON THE VIDEO GAME GENERAL BOARD

Attached: 1562895102559.jpg (317x339, 20K)

Explain how the community is no longer going to tolerate alternate setups then?

>before patch
>tryhard solo MMR
>lol idc party MMR
>after patch
>tryhard core MMR
>lol idc support MMR

Attached: 1561915504211.png (480x475, 351K)

good cause I queue support so then I get 4 tryhards at the least

because your skill might be very different on the role you play. Many players are not versatile enough to be good at all heroes.
I've seen good carries but god damn they are dog shit supports because they don't know how to play hero properly or simply haven't specific hero played at all. Seperating MMRs will lead to high skill mmr support queueing up with high skill cores and vice versa which is fine tbqh. I wouldn't want a 1k sup in a 5k core match.

That means i'll have to play twice the amount of games to try to climb with two mmrs

Already did like 5 times. I'm not wasting my time arguing with you if you can't read.

why would you want to climb two ladders of mmr ?
your highest achieved mmr in any role is your seasonal mmr

Oh, okay. It is kinda weird also to flipflop between pos 3 and 4 when in lower brackets the line between them is very ambiguous due to the other pos 3 or 4 being bad at taking or giving farm

No. You didn't. You made a stupid fucking statement and ignore any counterpoint.
Hence why, as has been pointed out, explain why Valve SAYING those are the roles and positions matters, yet Valve SAYING a hero is a support doesn't, as heroes designated as supports have been played as cores and vice versa.
So prove how this "doesn't allow you to create your own" strategy when all evidence points to the contrary you goblin.

explain how the pictured system doesn't allow for varied lane setup?

The only 'restriction' is that one person is assigned to each lane, but you always want a minimum of 1 person each lane anyway so this is non-factor. If you get bad lane match ups there's also nothing stopping you from just saying 'hey let's swap lanes this matchup is bad for me' then you continue as normal.

what is your problem

Did they update it so it doesn't crash my whole fucking PC?

yeah but it's just first change as they said in their post and experimental mostly
they give tons of update until it's all flattened out but the direction of ranked roles is pretty much set

Yes. I did.

Imagine not understanding farm priority in dota in 2019. I mean how is that even possible? It's like the most basic thing in drafting. You go into a game expecting to babysit someone or be babysat, and work together to win. This is the tried and tested way to win.

It's pretty good, but some people don't understand the difference between an offlane pudge and a support pudge, which is appalling.

This is pretty retarded, I'm a League player but this is what makes Dota diffrent the fact you fucking can do anything you want in the game.

explain how "position x - mid" and "position y - offlane" isn't forcing lanes and composition?

retard

>get bulldozed by russian boost squads every single game now
good JOB VALVE

>prefer... ...than
this isn't how english works

>So if you like playing Mid or Offlane, you can select those two
retard

This, memeback garbage killed the game. Remember when the jungle was a core resource you had to watch because a character fucking off into the jungle to farm all game was both vulnerable and a potential threat since there was money there? Now any advantage you get by farming

>Wooooow died once +5 levels for your team :)

Best update so far. If you think picking roles is a bad thing, you clearly have never played the game. The most annoying thing is desperately wanting to play your favorite role and not being able to because someone else already chose it.

>some people don't understand the difference between an offlane pudge and a support pudge, which is appalling.
here is where seperate MMR is very useful again in my opinion, because again people don't get it or are simply not versatile at all with hereos to comprehend what is possible or good / bad meta

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HOLY SHIT

When will they make it so that first blood + another = 10 gold and 1 experience point? Why don't first bloods mean anything in this game?

it's fake you retard

What is the problem? there have always been some limitations about "doing anything you want". Not every hero is good at being both core and support. You can pick weaver core or weaver support, but you cant really say the same for say a cm.

If you think picking roles is a good thing, you clearly have never played the game and you're just a LoL convert.

And how are they "expecting" it more than they'd be "expecting" the person
How weren't they "expecting" the standard layout when they queued regular ranked in the past?

Your entire point relies on people blindly obeying Valve for no reason when they've been shown to not do so in the past. YES people are going to enforce it, LIKE THEY ALREADY WERE DOING BEFORE THIS. You've done nothing to show that this changes anything other than say "but the queue has numbers" as if that fucking matters.

It's not fake its just a filter. Try to play the game before talking shit.

Why cant Dota beat league in popularity?

>Dota 2 just saved itself, press F.
ftfy faggot

depends on what you consider popular
league is dead in the west and is only propped up by chinese money behind the scenes

Attached: 1541035962313.png (1227x997, 928K)

what does this mean for someone who hasnt played since 2012?

Other than mid, offlaner and safelane are inaccurate terms. It's actually Utility and Carry, or Pos 3 and Pos 1 respectively. It has no bearing on lanes.

that it's time to play dota again

No way fag

my friends who haven't played in years are considering coming back
that seemed impossible to me so good job whoever or whatever valve is doing

>And how are they "expecting" it more than they'd be "expecting" the person
Because the new system guarantees that they get that slot and that all the other slots are filled by the other players
>How weren't they "expecting" the standard layout when they queued regular ranked in the past?
Because there is no "standard" layout and without the matchmaking forcing anything you aren't guaranteed a specific role, so a team and strategy is made on the fly

I seriously do not understand what you're not getting here, this isn't complicated at all

Do you really think DURABLE heroes are durable? Some of them melt instantly

It means if you want to play carry you can tick off the boxes that you are not going to play support when you queue

I mean it's fake that it's locked role picking you absolute stupid fucking retard

Attached: 1539158499400.png (403x448, 53K)

How do battlepass owners feel? Wasnt this feature exclusive to them? Bet they feel cuckolded or something

this games been shit since like 6.8 or something who cares

james going STRAIGHT for the tits

>Because the new system guarantees that they get that slot and that all the other slots are filled by the other players
Yes? And the old system guaranteed they got A slot, which they ASSUMED would be position 1 - 5 in the standard layout. People having their priority designated doesn't change anything about the game, it just cuts down on bitching within the game.

I don't understand what YOU'RE getting at here. Your entire point is that this changes something fundamental about how the games are played, that this change ENFORCES something, yet you've yet to say how ANYTHING has actually changed in regards to when you get into a game.

which rank is it going to take cause I'm not playing if it's an average ahahahha

Attached: 1540665555787.png (1421x779, 861K)

>playing dota

sorry im not a faggot

Yes you are hahahahaha

>sorry im not a white male
fixed

Attached: 1540141199431.png (434x579, 438K)

Asian males too

Attached: 1536006357404.jpg (2030x2434, 2.75M)

>im just in a dota thread because i don't play dota haha look at me the fucking faggot
kys

dota is the only game where chinks have souls

Attached: 1549964803431.jpg (960x540, 55K)

seething dotard faggot detected

Attached: 1554398663792.jpg (768x1024, 100K)

Hows anyone surprised at this?
Everything that people shittalked league for when dota released was added into dota 2.

They literally erased the jungle, yet people still think league enforces meta but not valve

damn dota truly hurt your soul it seems, get fucked

but what you've said so far is incorrect

but they have a point. you came into a thread of a game you don’t play, just to say you don’t play it. Why?

>Yes? And the old system guaranteed they got A slot, which they ASSUMED would be position 1 - 5 in the standard layout.
I already addressed this, see >Your entire point is that this changes something fundamental about how the games are played, that this change ENFORCES something
I've been explaining it this entire time and every single one of your replies was just some braindead bullshit that clearly hadn't even read my post. You haven't refuted any of it.

Like I said, I'm not wasting my time arguing with you if you can't read so bring something new to the table or I'm accepting your concession.

freedom of speech your game sucks queers

Yea Forums dota players are the worst

Dota 2 has been shit since post 2GD

butthurt autist spotted

hes not a dota player user hes a flaseflagging lolfag. notice how he never actually makes any argument and when you try to pin him down on something he types some shit like "read my other post" and screeches autistically. typical kike behavior.

Attached: 1560134857866.jpg (928x1920, 322K)

S. Hopefuly valve focuses on non-shit IPs

baste update

Attached: 1541299575248.jpg (1032x556, 123K)

like Team Fortress 3, Left for Dead 3 and Half Life 3 ?

>his support mmr is lower than 5k

Attached: 1562400641200.jpg (1200x900, 173K)

league is better

>Forcing meta
Jesus It really is dead Jim

Attached: 1563775580792.jpg (2048x1536, 579K)

Ricochet

league is for those who are not white males
colored
females
thirdies

if you're a white male you play dota though it's that simple

Attached: 1544595092300.png (700x350, 184K)

kek this is so ancient nobody knows what it is

Reminder that Normal matchmaking is for solo and ranked is for party.

Russians are not white

3 is core, so core.

>huge chinese, peruvian, southeastasian and not to mention slavic playerbase
haha good joke

>Earthshaker is typically a 3 but a lot of times falls back to a 4 but is virtually never a 1
But sometimes a 2.

>Core MMR
>Support MMR
This doesn't make any fucking sense, core/support is a spectrum in Dota. This isn't fucking LoL.
What is Valve thinking? What has Valve been thinking with anything they've done on all their games for the past 7 years?

nearly every millionaire made in dota has been a white man or a chinese man
but the vast majority are white men

dota is for white men

dota is for third worlders
basshunter also made a league song

dota is where thirdies go to challenge the white man on his ground
they fail every time

easiest wins of my entire career are when my white friends crush invading thirdies

Attached: 1546306230466.png (1074x620, 987K)

strict matchmaking

S
I hope this forces Valve to make a Dota porn game just so they can demean themselves further

>STILL PLAYING ASSFAGGOTS IN 2019

Attached: 1424631168335.jpg (662x509, 42K)

not him but I play hots and sometimes busting out the 5 split pusher comp is both hilarious and effective.

Teams completely shitting over each other mostly happens because of the nature of DotA's evolution to a strong teamfight meta. Laning phases break down very early and winning early teamfights is highly rewarded, so much so that the jungle and other catchup mechanics can't even compare. If you're losing the game now, you have no choice but to still engage in team fights and try to win at a disadvantage vs previously where early gold on non-carries didn't cause such a big power jump, mainly because supports didn't scale in power like they do now. This is fine from a professional standpoint because it's exciting to watch teamfights as a spectator when both teams are highly coordinated, but for beer and pretzels dota, it fucking sucks because it removes a lot of individual agency and forces a heavy reliance on teammates coordinating beyond what you can expect from players that are looking to goof off and have fun.

tl;dr DotA's meta evolution killed the casual scene as a fun game and focused entirely on the e-sport side, so now it's generally only something played between pre-formed teams at higher levels of skill and relegated to being a spectator thing for everyone else.

so nothing changes except pos 4 is encouraged more into "supporting" instead of doing whatever the fuck he feels like at a given moment?

Attached: 1536011017361.jpg (625x552, 69K)

>basshunter also made a league song
what

>please show me a game where 5 players can't be ordered by the amount of farm they get
aaaaaaaa

nothing is different at all other than the interface used to queue
you can queue for every role you can pick every hero nothing is different

it takes your highest mmr and now that's you
you can raise it with friends now so dota isn't so lonely

play with friends
enjoy dota as a team experience

very good update

The games Ive played so far have been fucking great. Looking good.

extremely obvious shill post

shill for valve? does valve pay anyone for advertising?

you can do core cm if you plan on having a short game

You've never seen a pos 2 CM?

Why do retards take everything posted here at face value?

Why would you not take an official statement from the developers at face value?

You can pick any hero in any position. Just because you queued as hard support doesn't mean you can't pick anti-mage or spectre.

is dota still free like you get everything for free still
only cosmetic stuff right

yes

Yes. Ranked roles used to be compendium/dota+ exclusive but that has been changed to free for everyone.

It's not about what heroes go in what positions you dumpass, it's about them forcing a layout of positions and lanes into the matchmaking.

No they don't. You can still roam/trilane/jungle.

good game:
>ME MID CYKA I FEED
>ME CARRY AJAJAJAJA I REPORT U
>I can only play mid even though I have 1000 hours in this game
>instalocking core position because nobody wants to play support

bad game:
>everybody plays what he wants/can play

>Each MMR type will also have its own leaderboard, and for the purposes of this short experimental period the existing rank will be applied as the initial rank for both Core and Support. If we end up keeping this feature in the future, there will be a separate calibration phase for each one.
Based.

Yeah if you can convince your team to actually do that instead of just playing what they queued for
Good luck with that

Yes, but the argument was that valve are somehow preventing you from picking certain heroes for unorthodox positions or doing uncomon laning strategies with the new ranked roles. Every game will have meta slaves no matter what. You can either play with a group or unranked if you don't want to play with those people.

He's a man of straight priorities.

>What is Valve thinking?
Now both sides of the spectrum have an "i'm carrying you retards" number to brag about.

lmao suck shit faggots
I have 1700hours and only play against the Bots.

the only loser here is you

>preventing you from picking certain heroes for unorthodox positions
Nobody said this

>or doing uncomon laning strategies
It does severely inhibit this

HoN died for this.

Attached: 1551767526604.jpg (720x514, 50K)

sounds like gay homo shit from LoL
actual dota players have never talked about this 1-5 shit.

>It does severely inhibit this
How?

>play support Lich, Witchdoctor, Jakiro or Winter Wyvern
>carry the game with 35+ kills, multiple rampages, most gpm and exp per minute
lmao get rekt casualfags

read the thread

I dont see how it affects "unconventional laning" apart from just abandoning one lane. Hard/soft support doesnt imply a lane at all.

iunno man
>no screaming brazilians, russians, chinese or teenagers in voice chat
>cant pause whenever I want to take a piss, get a beer or a snack
>can quit a game halfway through without being penalized
>i'm not bound or restricted by the """""meta"""""" and can do literally whatever I want, like "Invisible Radiance Necrophos that just follows the enemy around invisible until they die"
>dont give a shit at all about the meta, builds, updates and minor balancing to heroes that doesn't do anything (like -1 agility gain on X or +1 regen on Y)
Bots is the true patrician way to play, especially with so many custom scripts out there.

This retard(merely pretending) claimed they were forcing to pick heroes according to the meta. Unorthodox laning strategies depend on who you get matched with. If you don't want people bitching about trilaning nid then play as a group.

I read the post but where's the forced meta part? All I saw was the new MMR split and farming positions matchmaking.

this, plus the best part is no cancer cosmetics and hats.
pure vanilla the way the game was meant to be played without any gay shit

Now is this different from the heroes labeled as support or durable?

1-5 has been a thing since wc3 dota

Nowhere, retards just baiting.

am I missing something? Where is the forced meta?

Attached: 1555134259715.png (170x178, 11K)

How does it not? Can you not read? You have to talk people out of the lane they queued for expecting every slot in a set formula to already be filled.

I made that post. I didn't say anything about heroes and I don't even understand how you could have read it as that. It's about them having a set formula of lanes and roles that go into them and building that into the matchmaking.

youre not queuing for a lane, but a position

Which lane Hard Support and Soft Support are supposed to go to?

>45312
who ordered this

How the fuck would that be in any way related? Those are just descriptor tags for new players, they don't do anything or control how you're matched or anything. Half of them aren't even right anymore since the game is so fluid.

The blog post literally talks about queuing for mid and offlane.

>Where is the forced meta?
In your pic.
Are you blind?

So where are hard and soft support forced to go?

Dota still has retards fighting for mid even with the "forced meta"

>Those are just descriptor tags for new players, they don't do anything or control how you're matched or anything.
And "Hard support or "Soft support" somwhow aren't?

>who ordered this
You have to mind 80 IQ third-worlders who think
>I'M LOWER NUMBER = I'M MORE IMPORTANT

Dota is just trying more and more to be a copy of League at this point. Heroes have just been getting more and more generic, ranked now has seasons and ranks instead of a single score. Even heroes like Wisp or Chen have been dumbed down to be easier to play. Hell, there's a reason they moved Roshan to where Nashor is.
Honestly I cannot stand Dota much more. Valve is constantly nickel and diming you for anything that isn't balance updates. In League you have to grind, but I still consider it better than Dota where you buy battle passes THEN you have to grind. You pay for the CHANCE to grind. The only thing you don't have to pay for anymore is heroes. And I think that will probably change in the future. If your retard userbase is willing to pay for a $300 babby Invoker they'll pay for anything.
It's a shame League's client is so shit and doesn't allow for heroes like Meepo or Techies, since those are my favorites. But it's better than the shambling zombie Valve is making.
There's no lore anymore, no comics, no soul left. Just shitty cosmetics that surround your hero in gaudy particles.

Process of elimination says hard support goes safe lane with the position 1 and soft support goes offlane with some roaming. There are loads of viable comps that don't fit into this formula, not just in where the heroes go but also what types make up the 5 player slots. You can see loads of them in TI replays.

You select them pre-game and they control how you're matched you stupid retard. I don't understand how you think descriptor tags that do literally nothing is the same thing as that.

dota it's the best it has ever been and no one gives a shit what league does or where they put their garbage

How is this different from League? In League the roles are just mid, bot, top, jungle and support. It says nothing either yet you still consider it a forced meta.

>You select them pre-game and they control how you're matched you stupid retard.
Just as you pick heroes tagged Support 3 or Support 1.
What is your argument, friend?

no, some gamemodes like Siltbreaker have been battle pass only

>behavior grinding
What is this?

>comparing grinding for hats to grinding for characters
Here's your reply

I'm gonna give you a chance to read my post again and reply again.

Dota hasn't eliminated trilanes, positions and still has a level of roaming. Your pos1 isn't always safelane and players have more freedom.

Dota killed itself when they allowed community items to break established hero color schemes. I legitimately don't even know who the fuck is attacking me for the first 2 seconds after coming back from a long hiatus.

yeah I don't care about meme modes I meant the real game

Niggers botting matches so they don't get matched with other niggers.

Again, how is choosing hard support over soft support limits meta more than choosing Support 3 over Support 1 hero?
How does it limit your picks?

>dota is the best it's ever been
>one shitty new hero a year is the best it's ever been

>more heroes per year=better game

Attached: 1564932648536.jpg (1922x1280, 1.19M)

>Again, how is choosing hard support over soft support limits meta more than choosing Support 3 over Support 1 hero?
With the new roles matchmaking, you pick a role BEFORE THE GAME, and it matches you with people based on what you picked to the fill the other slots. What you're talking about are just meaningless descriptor tags on the heroes that have literally zero functionality.

I can't tell if you're baiting or just retarded

If you don't want to pick your role before the match play unranked

Thanks for admitting you were wrong I guess

I'm not the guy you were replying to.

Crusader support noobie here. What's the difference between hard and soft support?

>2012
>seasonal events like frostivus and diretide
>seasonal maps
>comics
>more hats than you can handle, drops after every game
>gift packages every level you gain
>attention to detail everywhere

>2019
>no more events other than wraith night reskins (except shit like siltbreaker) once every two years
>hat drops every 30 games (come now, goy! how can valve stay afloat if they just give out free hats constantly! buy a battle pass!)
>so much attention to detail that the rune spawn points don't even have markers anymore because valve forgot they existed (but goy, you can paint the river!)
>heroes like wisp and meepo being dumbed down so retards can play them
>new gamemodes like mutations and siltbreaker have to be paid for
based valve. I need to go play now. I have to grind those battle points, how else will I earn BASED babby invoker?

one is flaccid
one is a chad

one of them has a penis

Gift package was every 5 levels

>how else will I earn BASED babby invoker?
I'm pretty sure you can't grind it from level 1, so you have to buy levels or bundles or whatever

>Matchmaking involves various tradeoffs and our goal is to find the best balance between all the different factors.
All this means is if you are high skilled for your mmr you will get 4 absolute retards every other game you must babysit.

Hard buys more support items, stacks camps, and sticks to the carry like a leech.

So Hard is the Safe lane support and Soft is the Off lane support.

>You will be matched based on either your Core or Support MMR.
>Say I wanna play support
>get into low skill game
>actually play core and btfo everyone
Nice brainlets at valve

If you dont know that in 2019 just quit faggot.

What's the problem?

So you can raise your core mmr by lying about playing support and getting into a easy game

I see no issue with this.

People who defend this shit are retarded. This is baby shit for lol kids who need their hands held and only wanna play one fucking role

this

But I just started playing DotA

No you have to buy/grind shards to unlock heroes.

played a few games, everyone simply ignored roles.
since dota reporting is so pointless who the fuck cares ?
you can't make this work UNLESS you have a strict penalty system and Dota2 has none.

Attached: 1564269945589.jpg (1279x1920, 327K)

Somewhere far far away, clan_iraq sheds a single tear as he reads the update.
He doesn't play Dota 2 anymore, yet he can't help but feel sad at what Valve has turned it into.

>poke head in Yea Forums to see whats up
>dota 2 thread
>start reading arguments
>they end up just being feedback loop of ad hominems
>RETARD
RETARD
>RETARD
RETARD
>RETARD
RETARD
>RETARD
RETARD
>RETARD

Actual board of brainlet man-children

this is how arguments in dota 2 work, except usually they're not in English

it has eliminated any significance early game has though because the memeback is so extremely stupid
you can win for 20 minutes and lose it all in one teamfight, even 1 or 2 kills on a core with a killstreak can be enough to turn the game

it shouldn't matter in theory, but in reality you can still crush enemy morale in early game and that's half the battle

>morale

nice gameplay

gameplay is just the other half of the battle

Did you ever hear the tragedy of PSG the mad&bad? He abandons games a few minutes in when a teammate fucks up slightly, then buys another account. Over and over. He is far from the only one. Early game affects people's mentality. This doesn't work in pro games(they know it doesn't matter) or on chinks(they have no emotions), of course.

>only reason to gain an advantage early is to make the other team abandon
great

Dota 2 was never good

dota2 has the most broken match making I have ever seen. a good 8/10 games are horribly unbalanced it's either crush or be crushed, game ends in 20 mins.
I have two theories: it's either on purpose on the devs part to train people into having a slot machine like gambling rush every time they search for a game or the game's user base has simply reached a critical mass were the skill level of the players themselves is insanely unbalanced.

Attached: 1564918975064.jpg (680x832, 161K)

this, the MOBA genre is an unfortunate accident in the history of gaming which will take centuries to correct

This is literally a good thing though, no more one-trick core players feeding my games because they lost the dice rolls and had to play pos 4/5, which they're shit at.

It's farm priority, not roles you faggot.

"Offlane" is another way of saying Pox 3 and if you watched any pro dota you'd know they still call the pos 3 an 'offlaner' even if one team is doing an agressive trilane and the pos 3 is in the 'safe' lane.

party queue is a meme, you rank is capped at shitter levels and no one takes it seriously. Party MMR needed to be removed considering that at high levels it's turned into a cesspool of retards being matched with semi-pro and pro players who are there to fuck about and treat you like trash.

After 12000 hours of Dota 2, I agree.

>It's farm priority, not roles you faggot.
Try actually reading the blog post you faggot.

Don't even start the guy is mentally handicapped.

Sounds like you're admitting I'm right.

>every single problem dota had would be solved by regionlocking

Attached: file.jpg (400x398, 16K)

this shit is a good thing for lower brackets since they'll fight less for roles.

good, maybe now valve will give TF2 an actual update

Attached: miss_pauling.jpg (268x268, 20K)

Anywhere, remember Io Gyro mid?

dota is for white males

Attached: 1540767822615.jpg (1024x768, 179K)

Are u retarded? it´s a good change

fuck yourself LoLbabby

Except people are screeching their lungs hoarse without even understanding what the dev post is talking about. All it amounts to is a SUGGESTION on how to play, and it's not even a permanent one; thinking people are going to follow it religiously is as confounding as thinking people actually use Valve's retarded 'build guides'. I'm convinced people are shitposting at this point, because there is no way you can die on such a poor excuse of a hill.

based

extremely truthpilled

more like dota is for manlets, jesus christ all those cunts are like 5'8 tops

Most players don't know how to comeback from a losing position.

Attached: 1563662292278.jpg (682x1024, 423K)

What happened to Wisp?

Because as has been pointed out multiple times in this thread, the developers have many "official statements" on how to play. You are not obligated to listen to ANY of them.

Just because OP is a spastic and thinks this and only this constitutes Valve making an absolute statement on how the game should be played while everything else Valve has in the game about how it should be played is only a prank bro doesn't mean his parents didn't fail to abort him.

alliance has a dude who's like 6'8" on the team

Attached: 1562315824544.png (1200x550, 902K)

Read the thread. Your arguments have already been brought up and debunked.

>the developers have many "official statements" on how to play. You are not obligated to listen to ANY of them.
see I've linked this post like 5 times now, I wish you retards would just read before posting.

The amount of 2k players in the thread that have never heard of farm priority or referring to positions as numbers 1-5 lmao I knew v was trash at games but damn this is basic Dota.

So valve Basically just told solo queuers to fuck off and find friends to play with if they wat to play competitively.
But that's good.
If you're that antisocial, you don't have enough friends to play full stack, go play unranked.

wrong retard

How is this not the opposite of that? It's an update that forces organized teams of solo players.

I'm divine, have 6k hours logged and have no problem with this update

same but 23k hours

I just read its wiki. What the fuck changed? She still tethers, has the spirits things and teleports.

Because you didn't say shit moron. It's been said to you again and again, just because the positions are named as their most common to help people doesn't mean you're forced to play them that way, the same way just because a hero is termed by Valve as their most commonly played position doesn't mean you're forced to play them that way.
Farm priority will ALWAYS exist in any single setup so this changes nothing. You're basically saying that the playerbase is suddenly going to treat a novel idea completely differently because suddenly there are names on the roles which everyone uses in the client, which is fucking retarded. Any point you make could be paralleled to some old feature and has been where it didn't matter for shit.

You're just a mouthbreather who is monkey saying because one time you heard that Riot enforces a meta and despite not understanding it you're repeating it to pretend you know your shit when this isn't anything like what Riot was doing.

Well clearly solo players here dislike being orginized, which means they will either cope and transform into team players or leave the game.

I only play party dota but this is a good change. One of the reasons I stopped playing solo was because of all those russian bitches crying when they didn't get to play mid and then they intentionally ruin the game or play some stupid ass roam pudge and fuck up royally.

fucking stupid cunt did you even read it?

Thanks for reminding me I had this shit cluttering my hard drive OP, uninstalling

Attached: 1529027238608.jpg (485x481, 35K)

Why are you brainlets so mad?

They don't list farm priorities, they list lanes and roles. Stop being a retard and actually read the blog post before replying.

cause they don't get these changes are amazing
I already have 3 different friends who came back and invited me to play from years breaks

And that’s beautiful.

>even more mmr wankery
The one thing the game didn't fucking need. Thankfully I cured my addiction a while ago and can now point and laugh at it.

By the time you'll be good at it it will be 2025 and dota will be dead sweatie

DOTA IS ALIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE again

this patch is amazingly good

Attached: 1540418893185.jpg (800x533, 79K)

thats the method shitters use when they know they arent good enough to win on skill alone. Literal manlet tier

AND
THE
HERO
MENU
LISTS
HEROES
AS
SUPPORTS
AND
CORES
BUT
DOES
THAT
MEAN
YOU
HAVE
TO
FOLLOW
THAT
?

Based

this.
>still best assfaggots out there so no alternative :(

If you're white and play Dota you are unironically a subhuman.

Attached: Steam userbase.jpg (1280x1232, 193K)

It's true... Watching my friends do the same garbage over and over again, or otherwise picking heros that they have no idea how to play, is the worst.

I will never understand how such a cucked concept as farm priority got so popular. Like, people unironically play cuck support whores who get 0 xp and 0 gold in order to feed daddy carry.

>Forced meta roles in ranked matchmaking like LoL has.

Now this is fucking funny.
How does that even work? Especially when it involves things like jungling or an offlaner that might have to jungle or anything else that is less rigid?

Attached: 1413114385981.jpg (386x494, 46K)

There is no way to make Dota 2's matchmaking non-toxic. The game fundamentally attracts "toxic" players. This is true as far back as the earliest versions of DotA. Valve is engaging in a fool's errand.

>That isn't how dota used to work, it was never that solved and rigid

What lineups and strats differ from this?

List at least 3.

Attached: hisoka.png (509x576, 457K)

>future mass shooter meet-up

>There is no way to make Dota 2's matchmaking non-toxic. The game fundamentally attracts "toxic" players. This is true as far back as the earliest versions of DotA. Valve is engaging in a fool's errand.

It's possible, but it takes more effort and work than Valve is willing to put in.
Things like reports or fixed roles won't do anything, but they're the lazy options Valve are comfortable with.

and that's my fetish

>Like, people unironically play cuck support whores who get 0 xp and 0 gold in order to feed daddy carry.
In competitive that can work because everyone is synced, really good and help eachother out.
This is suicide in matchmaking with randoms.

WE LEAGUE NOW

Top fucking kek.

yeah THIS is what kills dota

not reborn

not 7.00

THIS yeah

mhm

I like that party and solo ranked is finally combined, but rest of the changes are dogshit.

Yep, and even in ranked a lot of teams figured out that its not the best strategy. And often times you want your 5s to be more like 4s. Because that lets them even shit on the enemy harder if they have a 5 on their team.

Im fairly certain that user is talking about playing a hard 5 is suicide in solo que, not that this patch is suicide.

it's what happens when you for your brain playing easy weebshit that constantly praises you, then try playing actual pvp games

You can still do that though?
Like, you can still chat with your teammates and strategize.
They MIGHT have gone into the match exspecting "X", but honetly wasn't this always the case?
You start a game of DotA, go in expsecting to play Hero "Y" as "Z"-role, you tell your team and theyy either approve, dismiss or ignore you.
This is still the same, people simply no longer have to announce what role they WOULD LIKE to play, they still have to talk with you in this team game

I feel for OP having to explain such basic concepts to retards.
I think I would have given up.

I seriously do not see the problem with this at all.
It'd be one thing if people had to hard lock specific positions on the map, like jungler, beforehand. But this is just farm priority.

The ones that aren't good enough will never differ from the standard
>main carry, mid, offlane, 2 supports
And the better players are actually sensible and open enough to be flexible, despite the 1-5 farm priority slot.

This is a non-issue. If someone disagrees then I want to hear your brilliant lineups that are now impossible to execute with this change.

Attached: 1457275966924.png (420x340, 257K)

This is the saddest samefagging I have ever seen

This is my third post in the thread.
You're a retard.
Thread is dying, I have no reason to lie.

>the autist actually kept going at it for the entirety of the thread
lmaoing @ OP rn

Social engineering is a thing. If you have something written out plain in the open people will blindly follow it. It harbors bad habbits and a staler meta. Look at LoL. It used to be like dota, an anything goes game. Then tier lists started, after that a stale laning meta started and then eventually riot started locking shit in with mandated queing with preselected roles. Now its at a point where you get reported and cant even play tournaments with a non approved meta approach.

But im sure valve wouldnt make bad decisions, after all they are a massive company who keeps putting out great stuff year after year. Like dota underlords, oh wait thats a ripoff and worse than the mod. I mean artifaaaa oh nevermind that one. Lemme google what they put out recently. Counter strike 2? Maybe? In 2013? Actually same year they released dota 2, which funny enough isnt original either but a ripoff. Their last original game that was a success was portal, in 2007. 12 years of fucking garbage, thats what valve is now. And you actually think they have the ability of independent thought and creating something good?

Dota 2 is literally an amazing feat of a few people holding back the garbage decisions valve tries to push with it every singe year.

You have no reason to do a lotta things buddy but fair play to you you did them

You didn't answer my question
> If someone disagrees then I want to hear your brilliant lineups that are now impossible to execute with this change

This is the actual OP Or at least it seems like it.
You just refuse to believe that anyone could disagree with you.

That's a gotcha question.
If he doesn't come up with anything you'll argue they don't exist despite the entire history of DotA.
If he does then you'll just shit on all of them.
He shouldn't answer.

Aw shiet naw dude, im and i jumped into this discussion when the thread was already at around 300 posts.

That's why they're promoting playing with friends and establishing relationships with your stack you absolute retards.

If you play as a stack then the role shit doesn't matter because you can all then be more flexible regardless.

bugmen go home

Attached: o5njdn0avci11.png (628x733, 432K)

If he can't even give a single answer then his entire argument falls apart.
He's claiming that crazy shit can't happen, but after this many years he can't think of a single crazy and viable lineups that goes against this?

Massive hole in his argument. Making it moot.

its already happened with Offlane and shrines

game is dead. let it die. stop fucking queuing and uninstall for the last time like i did

Attached: dead game.png (274x108, 52K)

Unranked is pure suffering with 3/4 of the games filled with leavers.

But i just keep comming back to it. Its an easy source of dopamine. The hours i put into getting good at it man. Now i can just que and fuck around and still keep good mmr and that makes me feel good. Its hard to get into a new multiplayer game where i know i would have to put in another few thousand hours into getting gud again.

I fucking hate modern dota. Talents and mmr changes finally killed it for me. Thanks, I guess.

No user, thank (you)!