Will it be worth buying ?

Attached: fag.png (625x352, 169K)

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@jemware/what-we-know-so-far-about-panics-playdate-712d81e54eac
youtube.com/watch?v=urYo3TVlF7Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Probably not but I'm getting one anyway.

Aaaahahahahaha
No.

Yes. For $9.99.

i dont even know what it is

It would be okay if they allowed people to develop for it, but their business model is too limited for it to be anything other than a novelty.

This will be the 3DS of handheld gaming systems.

Attached: 1559869257309.jpg (320x300, 22K)

Yes but people here don't have incomes or an appreciation for video games so the playdate's appeal is lost on them
what do you mean? they have openly invited people to develop for it

>Playdate will cost USD $149.
150 bucks for a shitty gameboy color with less games that you have to crank.

no

>Keita Takahashi made a game for this instead of giving us a new Katamari

It's way too fucking expensive for a cute gimmick thing.

It's already forgotten.

Is this the hipster environmentalist game boy color?

Attached: 20190804_180318.jpg (343x343, 75K)

the fuck is this?

better question, will it make a profit? Keita Takahashi is a big name and it seems the sort of faux retro people spend money on. but manufacturing hardware is expensive.

Looks uncomfortable to hold. If only they put the crank up a bit.

Not even joking
Its a walking simulator playing handheld where you move by using the crank

lol
let me guess it retails for 80 bucks?

It will be a collectors item like the Vectorx

Wrong, $150.

3ds is great with a huge library of 3ds and DS games. It is hacked and is a great value even if you didnt hack it. This shit is gonna be games as a service garbage, it is very over priced, and it is all gonna be gimmicky shit. The crank is neat and all, but this is a hipster handheld and that's it.

>Bing Bing Wahoo
>WRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

74mm x 76mm x 9mm
black and white only LCD, 400 x 240, 30 Hz, no backlight
ARM CPU, 16MG external RAM, 320KB onboard RAM, 2GB SSD
games run at 30fps, OS UI at 50fps
USB C charging port, external controllers may be possible later
Wifi, bluetooth, headphone jack (supports microphone)

source and more technical info here
medium.com/@jemware/what-we-know-so-far-about-panics-playdate-712d81e54eac

>no backlight
The fuck?

Attached: AceStare.jpg (639x574, 217K)

>no backlight
Now that's fucking inexcusable.

youtube.com/watch?v=urYo3TVlF7Y

>150 freedom bucks

Attached: ShiggyDiggyDo.png (437x575, 271K)

>no backlight
Why? Have we just regressed 20 years? The other specs look completely shitty too, how the fuck is this thing $150?

your loss
costs $98 to make

Attached: bingbingwacrank.jpg (1536x2048, 331K)

>30hz no backlight
>at a price above 100 dollars
what the fuck are they thinking

How the fuck does it cost so much to make when the specs are literal dogshit? A fucking crank isn't worth 80 dollars.
This would be the kinda thing that would be neat to get for 50 bucks, but anything above that is just for retards and those who have way too much money.

give me a 4 button color version that lets me emulate from Gameboy through GBA, and gamegear games

the firewatch devs are enormous cucks.

unless you have a time machine to release this back in 1989, it looks fucking stupid. I'm sure kids who grew up with iphones are going to trip over each other racing to get one.

No, it's just a novelty toy for hipsters.

>30 Hz
>OS UI at 50fps

Attached: 1364165364147.jpg (288x499, 24K)

all video games are by definition toys

There are all these Chinese portables like the bittboy but they are all fucked up in one way or another. Get a PSP or Vita.

why do you even pretend to like videogames with this much equivocation? do you think putt-putt saves the zoo is the same as chess if they're both games?

I only said that because I don't know why you're putting down people who enjoy the same thing as you

>It has a CRANK?!

Attached: Soyboy Wojak (44).png (560x548, 18K)

I'd be worth $40
no reason for this shit to cost just $50 less than a switch lite

No it has a crank FFS

>console costs $150 to buy and $98 to make
>$52 remain to be split between 12 game devs, and the playdate devs too
what's their angle

Attached: where's the money playdate?.png (602x330, 48K)

>Wifi, bluetooth, headphone jack (supports microphone)
why
what fucking purpose would wifi, bluetooth, or a microphone serve for a piece of junk that plays gameboy-era shite games

Well, best of luck to them

Attached: 71b6b8a4-e1eb-48c8-9fb6-f5c50d4ebbc0..jpg (428x603, 38K)

>seasons
They're probably gonna pull a drug dealer move, first ones free, then you gotta pay for each subsequent season. Assuming this shit doesn't die immediately and they drop it.

Anything can cost 98 dollars to make when you manage your resources like a fucking retard and probably get scammed along the way too.

Are they making it in America then? I can't imagine it costs that much unless they're handmaking each unit.

I'm buying one and I'm going to post it here constantly

Attached: 1530811385840.jpg (249x249, 41K)

>the most expensive part is a 400x240 30hz black and white LCD with no backlight

Attached: MYAAAA.gif (512x512, 510K)

lol no

In buyer's remorse threads?

It needs Wifi because the games are download only.

Sounds too generous. Most likely they'll resell the consoles but with a completely different set of games

>purchasing agent has to have been a former starbucks barista at most.

So it's $50 less than a Nintendo Switch Lite which two years in its lifecycle is going to have 100x games than this retarded thing will ever have.

>I intend to waste my own money in an attempt to make losers on the internet mad
Good for you I guess?

they are lying

>the screen, ironically....

What's ironic about a price shitty screen?

>150 bucks for a shitty gameboy
>color

Attached: 1565124694234.gif (286x258, 2.51M)

and they really expect it to sell? like at all?

Attached: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg (558x1774, 238K)

Are you actually telling me none of the games have any colors?
Lol, wtf.

It's an insult to the GBC to even think of comparing it to this hipster trash heap. The GBC has some fucking good games. This has ????????? BUT THERE'S A CRANK???!!!

"AHHHN A MATING PRESS IS A MATING PRESS!!! YOU CAN'T SAY ITS ONLY HAAAALF"

Attached: 1550187407058.jpg (977x1200, 124K)

His point is that the thing is black and white only

Not only do they not have colors, they don't have grays. The display is black and white only.

Maybe low volume? They're probably projecting

Not including power, the 3ds has 8 buttons, a touchscreen, an analogue stick and color. This thing has 2 buttons and a scroll wheel you use your entire hand to use.

Every unit comes with a vacuum sealed bag of farts produced by San Francisco baristas.

Attached: 1517974857843.jpg (601x601, 156K)

They should release a crank joycon and put their shitty games on the Switch. Would even be cool for fishing games.

>entire hand
More like two fingers, the thing is tiny

Ouya portable

>is black and white only
What the actual fuck? I refuse to believe anybody could be THIS fucking retarded. who the fuck is this being marketed to?

I thought you were supposed to jam the wheel up your ass and wiggle around to use it

cashed up hipsters, just like all the other kitch tech toys that get quickly forgotten.

Isn't the downwell guy making a game on it? I don't want any potentially good games gated behind an extremely expensive piece of fucking garbage that has worse specs than a handheld from two decades ago that was cheaper as well.

This would be great if the crank was used to charge it.

>I don't want any potentially good games gated behind an extremely expensive piece of fucking garbage
Now we get to the core of what the true appeal of the device is, namely the exclusivity of the experience. Of course if the games aren't good that won't matter lol

I'd like to think hipsters have at least SOME taste. You'd have to be a literal brain-dead retard to think this would be a good buy.

It wouldn't even be worth the storage space if you got one for free.

It better have the best fucking fishing game of all time or no deal

>inb4 20 dollar copycat ones appear on aliexpress in a year

This shit ain't even worth copycatting. If I had a gun to my head and had to buy one, I'd rather get one of those "$20, 200+ games" pieces of shit.

fishing kills living things, you fucking murderer

Is everyone copying Teenage Engineering now? Fucking hipsters man.

>$150
Haha, no.

Teenage Engineering is Panic's design partner in this project

>the screen, ironically
what the fuck do you call this kind of shady fucking PR? Millenializing? No its not funny or cute that your calculator-tier gameboy knock-off costs way too much to even make you dumb faggot

It's cute that you think this thing will be able to handle walking sims

They are either lying or they got ripped off by the chinamen selling the parts

I brought a big bang theory might anger /tg/ with

this. in 10 years you won't find one of these retarded things for less than $1000 new in box.

I don't think the crank can even charge the thing.

Handmaking each one would make it even cheaper

Absolutely not. The vectrex was a product of its time, looks retro like some weird 80s thing because it IS some weird 80s thing. This however will be seen as some retarded hipsters trying to create a "retro" thing but failing because they're making it in 2019 and just being retarded.