Earthbound thread

Earthbound thread

Was anyone in game other than the protagonists actually aware of Giygas's invasion or anything going on at all? Everyone in the world just seemed so carefree but the intro to the game made it look as though humanity was waging a full scale war with extraterrestrials

Attached: Screenshot_20190806-184935_DuckDuckGo.jpg (1080x796, 589K)

Did you forget what happens to Onett at the end of the game?

I'm saying during the game no one really seems to notice what's going on

The invasion of Onett happens "during" the game, just near the end. The rest of the events are just more subtle, like the abductions of various people in Stonehedge Base, the takeover of Fourside Mall, etc. No one notices what's going on because that's deliberate, it starts out as manipulation and influence in various places at first before turning into full blown invasion at the end. The whole point of Buzz Buzz going back in time was to warn you about what was coming in the first place.

I want a 3D Mother game. Wouldn't that be cool?

Occasionally people would mention UFOs and shit, but I don't think the majority of people knew aside from those directly related to Ness's party.
There's even that dog in Onett post-Giygas that says no one else has really realized what you've done.

I liked that aspect of the game. Giygas wasn't really a tangible villain, just a nebulous force of "evil" that corrupts those around it. Giygas doesn't even truly exist in the current time period, he's in the future (and/or past obviously as the end of the game shows).

Do anons prefer Earthbound or M3?

>M1 not even an option

Personally Mother 1 is my favorite.

Attached: ninten party.png (600x600, 385K)

Did anyone else think the cover was Ness controlling a giant robot at first?

I'm a big pleb who hasn't played it yet, sorry anons

Damn user you unironically just blew my mind. I have thought Ness was piloting a Starman this whole time.

earthbound is still my favorite.
I know that the people who did the fan translation for M3 did their best, but it seemed kind of mean in some places.

Mother 3 is great and probably in my top 10 but Earthbound is perfect for me.

So how would a non jap go about playing Mother 3? I know emulation is a thing but where would I get a translation?

type mother 3 fan translation patch in google
step 2: ???
step 3: profit

Attached: 1287871489429.jpg (570x506, 79K)

Not him but I tried that exact thing and it installed a bunch of viruses on my pc. I'm not computer savvy at all I just wanna play damn video game that I know I'll love

I should know this being as far in the game as I am, but I play this game very infrequently. What the fuck do I do to restore PP?

>Get snes mini
>Never played EarthBound or mother before
>Play it for the first time a week ago
>Can't put it down

What the fuck have I been missing out on

Magic Butterflies early on, PSI Magnet with Paula. Actual PSI restoring items are rare until later in the game. Poo can drink water to recover it easily.

i honestly think you're so fucking retarded that you don't deserve to play mother 3. a child has the common sense to find a working rom

I have a friend who actually bought a GBA cart with a fan translation of mother 3 on eBay or something. He said he played all the way through and it was fine.

>on 4channel.org/v/, the video game board for autists
>doesn't understand the difference between mother3.exe and mother3.gba
Here's a hint, don't run the exe.