8bitdo SN30 Pro+

Here's your controller, Yea Forums.

Attached: 41aV6wQdNgL._AC_SY400_.jpg (457x361, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nWQCp1vyVgE
mobile.twitter.com/RetroBitGaming/status/1156090022849740800
aliexpress.com/item/4000028622738.html?sellerAdminSeq=109705785&spm=a2g0n.search-amp.list.4000028622738&aff_trace_key=&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=872amp-Camy7mAZ42K9Rx5aQrD3cQ1565142093601
battlebeavercustoms.com/products/bbc-ps4-fgc-smartpad?variant=8103349387351
ebay.us/Wa9ufN
vocaroo.com/i/s0EkDdSP8xuN
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it looks really good and i'm very tempted

Get it either on amazon or aliexpress. Ali is cheaper but might take awhile but you get to use a coupon and pay no tax. Amazon releases this thing tomorrow.

I'm really tempted to buy this. It looks very solid and I desperately need a controller with a good dpad

>SNOYstation analog layout

That's gonna be a yikes from me

its garbage, i rather use a logitech f310 which is cheaper and more durable.
these threads are usually fuckers making marketing about these shit product.

what's the point of this?

no thanks I prefer the SEGA Saturn from Retro-bit.

For gripping+triggers

At least fucking try it before sperging about it.

Why you gotta hate man? By that logic, you can guilt anything by association

Don't bother with it, those idiots at 8bitdo still haven't made it so that it wakes the Switch from sleep. Other third party controllers can do it, they have no fucking excuse.

Anyone who owned 8bitdo products in the past, how is the latency issue especially when it comes to other controllers in proximity? Is there an update that fixes this when wanting to play a local multiplayer?

any way to just guy the grips as a shell? I already have an SN30+, it's just not very comfortable to hold.

> Other third party controllers have done it
Like which ones? Seems a little nitpicky to just focus on the wake up aspect.

>implying I would ever get a switch

>tfw they can also just make a grip attachment for the pro original.
Then again, they did improve the triggers. They did listen to some of the complaints based on the early reviews of the controller.

I'd fucking love 8bitdo to do an M30 Pro+ like this. Their Genesis pad is fucking solid, if not I'll be picking this up because it looks like a good hybrid. Reminds me of the PSX controller but with analog and a better dpad

>get SN30 Pro for android emulation
>analog inputs lag like hell over bluetooth
Frick.

How is it on the switch? What about when it comes to other controllers in proximity. Did you update the controller?

Yes, it's up to date. Don't have a Switch.

>D-Pad stops working after two weeks
no thanks

ok 8bitdo, I'll shill your controller to the mods.

Why does every positive post sound like it was the same fiver pajeet writing it?

>buying chinkshit

Attached: 1520990888557.png (500x500, 384K)

Been hoping to hear some response based on that.
Really? Did you at least use the warranty on that thing?

>ruins your dpad
nothing personnel

Attached: switch pro dpad.jpg (640x546, 209K)

I don't own one, but SMM streamers who bought the latest controller from 8bitdo all had issues with the D-pad. No problem detected with the same models of said controller that were issued previously, they must have changed manufacturers and now their controllers don't last.

Gay. I'm saving my shekels for pic related

Attached: OiNv8E3.png (1920x1022, 1.34M)

So they fixed the shitty d-pad?

8bitdo fucking sucks and is the only product I'm 100% convinced is shilled. Awful, awful controllers.

They apparently focused to work on the issue. Based on the early responses of the newest controller, they've fixed the d-pad. Any insight you speculate was the problem with the common complaint? Like the manufacturing you mentioned?

This was based on the early copies some of the people on youtube got.
Really? Did you have a bad problem personally?

I'm curious. When's the release date?

i have an older sn30 pro and its pretty good, great for android emulation and was cheap as fuck

Since their previous batch of similar controllers didn't have said issue with the D-pad, they definitely have changed something either in the manufacturing or the parts used. Glad to know they are inspecting it, I was considering buying one from them.

Looks like a bootleg Dualshock 4 for handlets.

8Bitdo isn't really known for their sticks, though. My SN30 Pro's get stuck if you let go in a specific spot in the top left. Did they fix that with this one?

You still got the warranty, if anything goes wrong. I've heard good things about their customer service based on some users. If you order on amazon, the customer response is best when trying to get refunded even after a month.

You've just got to click them in, they only get stuck if you pull them outward first.

Anybody tried out their fightstick? Is it any good for super casual games on PC / Switch?

Attached: iXaEFY6.jpg (1111x760, 108K)

t. 8bitdo

This one will be the ultimate controller.

Probably better the PS4 and Xbox One...

ive been using the older ones for over a year now for emulation.
never noticed anything personally and played everything just fine.
then again, im not a pixel peeping faggot. im not doubting theres any sort of delay but its never affected me.

I don't much, but I do know they have button and analog calibrations for the new one.
youtube.com/watch?v=nWQCp1vyVgE
The video in particular around the middle has some talk on the matter. For some reason, the program only works on windows atm but apparently, this was an oversight and the developers are working to fix it.

I wish. But I'm open for deliberations on the matter when it comes to the controllers.

It was supposed to ship in july, but that obviously didn't happen.

So does this work for the switch? Just asking. I want to know more info but navigating through the retrobit site is a little difficult.

Any price yet?

When is the Zero (2) coming back in stock?

FUCKING WHEN?!

Attached: DSCF1110.jpg (3008x2000, 1.6M)

I got a SF30 pro and the dpad is pretty shit

I don't know... but I really hope for a version compatible with PS4+gyros. So it'll be 100% compatible with Switch and PS4.

Really? Too mushy? Preference for clickyness?

WHEN DOES IT COME OUT REEEEEE

what's the quality on these? Does the plastic actually feel good? How about the Dpad?

too sensitive for down presses. Often if I'm pressing right it'll register down as well.

That's strange. Did you contact 8bitdo on the matter?

no as I heard it's a common problem and I don't think their customer support can really do anything as I live in the UK

same issue but with right registering if I press up

mobile.twitter.com/RetroBitGaming/status/1156090022849740800
Haha I really don't know

Literally have never had a problem with my SN30 Pro. Now the Xbone controller, that's a controller with a fucking garbage bluetooth connection.

It's just a rebranded Mayflash. It's a cheap stick and you get what you pay for.

This thing is never coming out and if it does it'll be a piece of junk. Hope not, but eh. The 8bitdo design is really nice

Where'd you order it from and when? You could get refunded or get a replacement if you ordered it from amazon uk regardless.
That's a strange thing. Perhaps the common thread seems to be a manufacturing problem. When did this happen? Late after its been released or around the beginning when it was released?

bought it around 10 days ago, send it back to amazon for refund rather than replacement when i learnt it was a common issue

it wasn't available at amazon uk at the time so I had to import it via aliexpress

Speaking of mayflash, I got the f500 elite with sanwa parts prepared. I even modded the buttons out for aesthetic and changed the gate and tension spring. I was hoping to change the art soon but there's a problem with the stick. I can't seem to get the balltop off. It's like it's stuck or glued. Help a brother out?

Attached: 1565139499859.jpg (1024x768, 88K)

The only appeal 8bitdo had to me was that their controllers looked like the real thing. Now that they're no longer doing that, I see no point in buying their products. I might as well just get a PS4 controller instead of this. Same cost for much better quality.

>android emulation
That puts the coffin on the shill sire. No one play games at the phone using an special controller.

I already have two DS3 controllers with SCP toolkit and a BT dongle and a wired x360 controller on top of that. Sell me this.

I do.

So the problem seems to be around late-term manufacturing? I hope this does not affect the plus despite decent reviews coming from the early copies.
That's unfortunate. Was this directly from amazon or third party? There could be a common thread based on when the sellers had the thing in stock.

Sticks are too close together. Your thumbs will be hitting each other if you ever have to use both at the same time.

is there the plus version(with handles) on aliexpress? couldn't find it

Has a notably decent d pad based on early reviews. Has analog and triggers. You can macro inputs as a potential shortcut and calibrate using a program from their site.

Can someone who has this or tried 8bitdo controllers before tell me how those grips are?
I have their regular SN30 (pic related tho I have the super famicom themed version) but it just has the form of a regular SNES. Those grips look bizarre.

Mayflash is based as fuck for budget sticks. I dont know why more people dont talk about them

i have retardation in my brain cells and forgot to attach the image

Attached: red.png (1200x175, 56K)

aliexpress.com/item/4000028622738.html?sellerAdminSeq=109705785&spm=a2g0n.search-amp.list.4000028622738&aff_trace_key=&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=872amp-Camy7mAZ42K9Rx5aQrD3cQ1565142093601

God all of their controllers are so fucking aesthetic, but theres literally no way I need this many controllers.

What the fuck is this?!??!?!?!

what the nigger bro why is it so cheap

They supposedly have issues based on input lag but honestly, it's pretty responsive. Played it on cuphead once. It felt surreal.

>SN30
dropped, wake me up until the SF30 version is out with the chad color buttons. I like the black one they have though.

Attached: 61SNXLSv7eL._SL1000_.jpg (1000x1000, 67K)

They were my first stick, I got it when DBFZ came out. Still works great.

>I can't seem to get the balltop off. It's like it's stuck or glued

can you be more specific? are you trying to get the ball part off specifically but it keeps spinning around?
there should be a part on the underside of the joystick(see picture) where you can slot a flat head screwdriver or a coin or something so you can keep the shaft straight to unscrew the ball part. then there should be a couple of other screws holding it in place.

though honestly, ive never opened up a mayflash but everything (hopefully) should generally be the same like other fight stick brands.

Attached: JS-19-bottom__93994.1339660981[1].jpg (500x500, 33K)

That's not what's cheap. It's actually a phone attachment sold as 10 bucks. See here for details

The point of the controller for me is the great d-pad + modern button layout. If I need analog sticks I'll just use my Xbone or Switch Pro.

it's definitely a great controller when it works, but having the key part fucking up after a week is a major issue
amazon takes care of some third parties stocks (for deliveries and customer service, hence why they offer refund but not replacement), i bought it that way

Are there any good snes controllers that aren't made by Nintendo? My mother likes to play tetris attack on the snes everyday but the controllers I found are shit

>why is it so cheap

huh? its the same price as the one on amazon. are you sure youre looking at the controller price and not the accessory price?

Come back to me when they make a pad where the face buttons and Dpads are mechanical

I used a flathead but it felt too tight to turn either side of the balltop. I'll try again tonight but it's pretty hard.

Retro-bit is garbage chinkshit. 8bitdo has a good Sega style controller anyway

Attached: 3506268-71e9jp4e1sl._ac_.jpg (1747x884, 142K)

yeah im retarded and realized the clip is what the "9.99" was for after I posted that my b

Nigga who cares, their controllers are good

I have multiple 8bitdo controllers. Latency has never been an issue for me.
You can even use it wired - except for on Switch for some reason which sucks big time but eh, I havent noticed any more lag than what I'd get on a Switch Pro or something when using it on Switch

Convex or Concave?

Attached: b3UOB4D.jpg (3760x3840, 2.08M)

put more effort in it you weak baby. its not going to break.

Does it drift?
Does it have vibration?

Convex always

You can't use it wired to charge it?

The thing about 8bitdo is that they have brilliant designs and superb outer quality and compatibility.
But the innards fucking blow. The chinese are notorious for poor quality products and every controller I've bought from 8bitdo often have poor soldering or some other thing that goes wrong internally that fucks up the whole controller.
Just get an Xbone controller with eneloop batteries. Greatest investment I ever made because it's not made with the the intent of having it as volatile as styrofoam.

asymmetrical sticks are maximum overcancer and anyone who likes them is an xkiddie

Not sure

It's 2019, I should be able to turn on my console with a push of a button on the controller on my desk and not have to get up and press the power button on the console itself.

Concave is better but i love the SFC color scheme too much to pick anything else

It has rumble. I don't know if there's any common issue with drift as of yet but there's calibration and macro.

this is actually the best layout and Nintendo used it back with the Wii.
>dpad alligned with face buttons for retro games
>analog sticks alligned for rotating camera while moving
The weakness is that you don't have allignment when playing 3D platformers.
As I see it you're buying a controller for retro games that can also be used for Mario Kart or Smash Bros if you need the extra for multiplayer.

Personally this is the one I like

Attached: sega.jpg (1000x1000, 63K)

>imagine being this much of a lazy, fat fuck

I buy 8bitdo controllers for games that use the d-pad like hollow knight and mario maker. There are better controllers for stick games.

There's alot of issues with that statement since alot of things are made and outsourced in china technically. Apparently, they've improved and better than alot of other third party controllers.

>hollow knight
what

stop it 8bit

How do I make these work on PS4

Regular SN30 feels very solid and weighty, buttons are nice and clicky, and from what others have said the d pad is apparently identical in feel to the original SNES d pad though that might just be for the original release, I think they may have changed the d pad slightly in the recent revision.

Can't say anything about interference issues since it's really the only controller I use wireless, but it works well enough on Switch, I play most indie games and even smash with it and I don't have any notable latency problems. Though I don't like having to guess how much battery I have left, but I imagine that's a common issue of third party controllers

based

microscopic infetterance

Adapter.

googling "bitdo PS4 adapter" gets me to an adapter that lets me use the Dualshock 4 on the switch. Which is almost the exact opposite of what I want

Use a mayflash.

Can the home and screenshot buttons be rebound on PC?

That's what I was afraid of. I'll try to do it again.

that's a shady ass site

Thanks bro. Appreciate it.

Attached: 15651459992394380624767822645426.jpg (4032x3024, 3.21M)

they fixed the dpad for the sn30 pro+

Look on amazon.

That's what you said last time.

That's a different user. I didn't say anything yet.

That's what 8bitdo shills say with every revision. I'll believe it when I see it.

Now I need this art printed out for my mayflash. Any tips on printing these things out?

Attached: IRdtEkn.png (5590x3194, 3.89M)

Any good fighting game centered gamepads/controllers? I'm using a Hori Fighting Commander at the moment. I swear, every time I attempt to go from a standing block to a crouching one, or vice versa, there is an instance where the game thinks I'm not blocking, even when I'm clearly holding back. Also, I've noticed that after about a year's worth of use, the d-pad shifts a lot and one of the buttons doesn't go down when pressed on. It still registers in game, but it doesn't feel right.

Attached: fighting_commander.jpg (1280x720, 55K)

For here

Honestly dude I have the Hori Pro (Xbone version) and I dont like it very much. The dpad is so stiff it hurts my thumb. Also the default mapping on the Xbone version is sooooo fucking awkard and shit I almost want to just dump it and buy the PS4 version
The extra 2 buttons are RB and RT...Sounds fine right? Well
The RIGHT yes the RIGHT two shoulder buttons are LB and LT...
The left ttwo shoulder buttons are R3 and L3 (Or RBS and LBS if youre a microcuck)

>The dpad is so stiff it hurts my thumb.
Yeah I feel you there. This is what my left thumb looks like now after prolonged use of this controller. I don't know if I'm controlling it right by using the middle of my thumb instead of the tip area.
Also, isn't there a switch on the top that makes the bumpers function like a regular controller?

Attached: 20190806_221142.jpg (2560x1920, 748K)

How does one print out fightstick art? Like which format?

Have three of their controllers, just recently got the 2.4ghz wireless genesis controller
All are well made and work great.
No latency issue on any of their products

Mayflash site is fine.

hows the knockoff pro controllers?

Attached: file.png (1054x582, 193K)

Got one that looks exactly like that, worst purchase ever. I actually went back to using joycons over it.
>couldn't connect properly to system until i plugged it in with the usb
>the b button doesn't work unless you press it extremely hard
>zl and zr are xbox like triggers rather than buttons, making using rapid fire things in splatoon tiring for finger
>made from the cheapest plastic imaginable, felt like it was destroying itself anytime the vibration activated

This brings particular alarmbells.

I exclusively hear horror stories about third party pro controllers. Sticks getting stuck, randomly not connecting any more, triggers getting stuck after less than a month, etc.
Either get a Magic-NS or official Pro Controller

>get pro controller
>d-pad is garbage
>take controller apart, stick a little tape on the bottom of the d-pad pivot
>controller works flawlessly

> Magic ns
Brother. That one is great.

I like my Pro Controller's dpad for fighting games.

Attached: 1.jpg (600x600, 46K)

Wouldn't that damage the contacts? Also what type of tape?

Not him, just normal scotch tape. And why would it damage the contacts? Are you repeatedly removing them?

>t. loses every match in fighting games

did you do the diy fix? I've heard a little tape will fix the random inputs but I havent tried it myself yet.

No, the Splatoon version's dpad works fine.

really? I got the xenoblade 2 one and its pretty bad, maybe yours is newer

I just want a fucking good dpad for once is that
too much too ask, I hope this is good

SN30 Pro owner here; can confirm the weight and quality of 8BitDo's controllers.
>40 hours Mario Odyssey (Switch)
>100 hours No Man's Sky (PC)
>?? hours various emulators (Switch+PC)
>now using for testing game dev builds (PC)
If you're on the fence of getting a switch pro controller, I couldn't recommend these enough.

Attached: 6000197743664.jpg (460x206, 18K)

Does anyone make a pad with a mechanical dpad that doesn't cost 3 fucking arms and a leg

>buying shit overpriced controllers with lots of compatibility issues

Attached: ishygddt.jpg (1280x720, 111K)

>mechanical dpad
a hwhat now?

Attached: EA8v6hoVAAEyUsl.jpg (293x456, 79K)

a dpad that doesn't mush mushy membrane like most controllers. literally the only one I found costs a million dollars

battlebeavercustoms.com/products/bbc-ps4-fgc-smartpad?variant=8103349387351

Attached: screenshot-battlebeavercustoms.com-2019.08.07-01-04-44.png (1275x1269, 382K)

>PS4
blegh
Any other controllers you know of that have it? Im interested now

Maybe the Astro C40 and maybe the Razer raiju Ultimate. But I've never gotten any confirmation on either, and while not 7 figures, they're both $200 or more

How can you tell if its "mechanical"?

Yes but only for platformers. It really works good for scrollers and the indie platformers in switch. It also gives me a reason to not lay in bed so match.

Get one of these. They are cheap and have a Neo Geo style ministick with micro switches.
ebay.us/Wa9ufN

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (800x800, 32K)

does it clicky?

Yes, it's very clicky. Forgot to mention, all the face buttons are also clicky microswitches. So it's a bit noisy but it should be very durable and there is 0 mushyness.

sold.
love me some clicky.

Nice, enjoy.
I really liked mine but have upgraded to a proper arcade stick a few months after.

No thanks, I already have this.

Attached: 2e0cbf62-6f48-49e6-b064-7938eb00aad2_1.6caab3009c41f084fff8f41e0c0bed72.jpg (1330x1107, 410K)

Didn't they make an MKX version of this? I had that and it was just horrible.

No because people would hate them. Diagonals would be extremely hard to press consistently.

Dunno, I have the 360 version I got to play shmups and had no problems with it.

I've tried 8bitdo shit. It was laggy and didn't even register button presses like 20% of the time. EASILY the worst controller I've ever touched

No, that only applies to grocery store scanners.

So it's the same except for the Dpad. I'm not sure how different the internals are

Attached: 61YlYwqz7KL.jpg (1024x1024, 103K)

buy about 10 of them, because they're known to be of really cheap build quality

>get wired 8bitdo snes
>it's not clicky
>get retrobit sega genesis
>it's not clicky
M30 it is.

Attached: D-sSv8tU8AAjm-O.jpg (844x844, 87K)

I have a regular SN30 Pro as well as a Pro Controller. I'm good.

Works fine, only thing is it can't wake the switch from sleep or power it on which isn't that big a deal unless you're strictly TV mode only.

I had the normal snes 8bitdo in 2017. eventually the system updates phased out compatibility.

That's a unique complaint. Compared to the rest of the common complaints.

I have both of those controllers and they are great.

How are the buttons as opposed to the ps4 buttons?

Attached: Ps4 cont.jpg (450x450, 19K)

>>get wired 8bitdo snes

SNES controller were never "clicky"

Why would you expect the SNES one to be clicky when the originals weren't?

Alot of shit is made in China. What do you want?

>Early access hardware

first reviews out and already the software for it is bugged, also hasn't even been fully tested for wear, its definitely going to break down the line.

>buy original pro controller
>both sticks are off center
>both sticks can't fully go up and right
>both sticks can go fully down and left tho
>repair it by replacing sensor disc things
>problem persists
The fuck is this? Nintendo seal of approval my fucking ass.

>SNOY
vocaroo.com/i/s0EkDdSP8xuN

I had the 360 version of this and it broke immediately.

I know some people have mixed opinions on the controllers themselves, but their industrial design is next level for third party stuff.