Are they fighting games?

Are they fighting games?

Attached: 538550_1[1].jpg (630x630, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/EeRZs6j
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No.

Yes

No. fun games though

Maybe

I don't know

Why would the cast of Super Smash Bros fight games? Makes no sense.

This game is a "Platform Fighter".

You're comparing Chess to Checkers.

Perhaps

There's a posability

What is actually in this link, I see this spammed all the time and i'm scared to click

Yes.
>they're games
>you fight in them

Yes

Either someone's autistic shitpost community or has a script of some sort that downloads some sort of malware. I don't know how Discord works so the former is probably more likely, either way keep your distance imo.

no, they're multiplayer bing bing wahoos

No. They're not party games either, though.

the entire point of smash is to clap at the crossover
not even to play it

wrong

Probably something like that cringe steve shitposting server.

Yes, because the purpose of a fighting game is to beat the shit out of your opponent. Which is what Smash Bros is about.

The only reason why people think it's "not a fighting game" is because its mechanics are very different to every other fighting game. It may not a traditional fighting game, but it's still a fighting game.

In the same way Mario Kart is a racing game. Yes, but actually no.

Smash bros get in here QUICK*

discord.gg/EeRZs6j

discord.gg/EeRZs6j

discord.gg/EeRZs6j

Attached: banjo.jpg (900x900, 78K)

BING BING WAHOO

How does that logic even work?

Why? Because Mario Kart has items? What if you disable them?

they're competitive platformers

retard

this unironically

it's called a subgenre. Platform Fighter is a subgenre of Fighting Games because it differs substantially from the default gameplay, just the same as Mario Kart is a Kart Racer instead of a traditional Racing Game because it, too, differs substantially from the default gameplay.

FPBP

Racing and fighting game is an umbrella term for traditional types and subgenres.

*Dabs 300k viewers your way*
How do you respond?

Depends on your autism level.

Yes and no.

Yes, that's why they technically are part of the genre.

However, if you go into, say, a thread discussing games like Forza or Gran Turismo, and start talking about Mario Kart, people would probably think you're baiting most of the time.

Yes, both games are racing games, but they differ enough that they occupy different niches.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's a fucking duck.
t. fighting game player

So because there are different subgenres they aren't part of the main umbrella genre? That's some fucking retarded logic.
It's like saying death metal isn't metal because it's not the traditional metal sound.

So is Smackdown vs Raw a fighting game?

Retards on Yea Forums fight about it all the time, so yes. Although I suppose that would make every game a fighting game.

no

Only contrarian retards think otherwise. A game doesn't need to be exclusively rooted in one genre.
>fighter (2D or 2.5D to be more specific)
>platformer
>party game

It's not fucking hard.

>The entire point of Smash is that characters fight each other until one wins.
>Somehow it’s not a fighting game.
I will never understand this logic.

Attached: 272357BB-3169-4BAD-88A6-C4F8738C5308.png (557x471, 324K)

League is a fighting game.

see

by that brainlet "logic," fortnite is a fighting game.

Smash is not a fighting game because they have no intention of being a part of the fighting game community. They should be separate, and the only people who want them together are con artists like jebailey and wizard.

Attached: XixvgsT_d.jpg (640x618, 17K)

Party game

You do this in a lot of games. A whole lot are not fighters.

Smash bros get in here QUICK

discord.gg/EeRZs6j

discord.gg/EeRZs6j

discord.gg/EeRZs6j

Attached: banjo.jpg (900x900, 78K)

Sakurai said it's not fighting game, it's action/party game

Guess CoD is a fighting game, because you fight people with your guns

wrong, he has called it a fighting game on multiple occasions, he never said it wasn't a fighting game. and he's never once called it a party game.