Smash gameplay thread. No rosterfaggotry. Who do you play? Who you learning? Who's giving you trouble...

Smash gameplay thread. No rosterfaggotry. Who do you play? Who you learning? Who's giving you trouble? What buffs/nerfs you hoping for? Have you won a tournament yet?

Attached: Smash.jpg (2429x1366, 1.21M)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/EeRZs6j
youtube.com/watch?v=nKwM97K42po
thegamehaus.com/columns/bartletts-battle-frontier/super-smash-bros-ultimate-what-aspiring-zero-suit-samus-players-can-learn-from-marss-run-at-ceo-2019/2019/07/03/
smash.oatmealdome.me/popup_news/01_4001/en-US/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

wario is my main
also fuck nessniggers

Attached: 1560295750976.png (438x599, 450K)

Im at 5.1 million gsp with megaman but i play extremely campy, running and spamming projectiles constantly. I think its fun but people ban me from arenas because it iant fun to fight against.

Doc
Nobody
No one in particular but I have my preferences in terms of who I like to fight. Other brawlers are the more fun matchups.
Make Doc's UpTilt hitbox more like Mii Brawler's ( actually hits small characters and hits people through the lower platforms of Triplat stages ). More hitstun on Down Tilt so the move serves more of a purpose than just a potential combo tilt that anyone with higher air speed than Doc ( Read: Everyone ) can get out of whatever followups Doc is planning. More active frames on Cape. More knockback on UpB.
If you mean online tournament introduced in 4.0, yes for both formats. Otherwise no, i'm not interested in tournaments and I don't like people.

Duck Hunt.

I don’t spam projectiles as I’m more up close and personal with my opponent.

Attached: 34B4F626-0463-4C26-B4C0-49EC1EB88141.png (250x250, 47K)

Just started playing Ness, he's pretty fun. The pk fire spam is cancer, but so satisfying to chain lol. Gonna play some ness when I get home from work, hopefully I'll run into you.

Ice climbers
I am having trouble finding a secondary I was thinking to wait till banjo and the last two chars come out and see if I like them but that seems like a while off still, who you whould you recomend for an ICs player? Another lightweight character I presume?

Attached: 1564103229834.jpg (689x510, 66K)

What do you like about Icies?

>Who do you play?
Gay Luigi
Who you learning?
Bowser
Who's giving you trouble?
I FUCKING HATE SONIC MORE THAN ANYONE
What buffs/nerfs you hoping for?
Buff Luigi's Cyclone back to 4's
Have you won a tournament yet?
Online, yes. Local shit, no.

Attached: Luigi Bros.png (556x396, 89K)

MAMA? MAMA LUIGI

I would say movement and early kill options as they have no problems racking up damage like there up air for example, also nana acting as a meat shield

I wish Wario was more based on Wario Land games as opposed to Ware. I miss Wario Land in general.

If you don’t mind heavy weights dedede is similar.

What about Olimar? He racks up damage and the pikmin are meat shields

Mario here.
I'm finally escaping GSP hell because I've figured out how to consistently wipe the floor with rushing shitters. I probably won't be able to keep up the streak though, because I'm still garbage.

You can try other characters like Luigi or Falco. Characters geared towards strong damage racking abilities. Falco though isn't very good at killing, but Luigi has a kill confirm. You playing Icies means you're already somewhat used to middling mobility & neutral, so the switch to either of them shouldn't take long.

>watch evo top 8
>sets look like fast anime battles with high iq decision making
>play online
>realize I'll never be even 1% as good as them

Attached: 47d.jpg (437x431, 23K)

I like Isabelle.
It ia fucking scary playing against phat characters as they are very strong and kill me very fast, but I can annoy them so much is fun.

Why'd no one tell me Simon is so fun to play?

Attached: Simone.jpg (1080x1080, 153K)

I main Doc too. I agree with your buffs, most Doc mains are always clamoring for a recovery buff. I’ve noticed his recovery isn’t the problem, it’s just the way he is in the air. Don’t know what it is, but he has trouble landing and getting to ledge without getting punished, and I feel like literally all he needs to be better is an air mobility buff, not even a ground speed one, even though it would be nice. Your idea about down tilt is also neat and I hard agree about up tilt. I’m sure we’ll get some type of buffs some patch, every other “competitively unviable” character got buffed and Doc is next I can feel it

Personally, I hate getting gimped with him.

Pac-Man and Young Link. Mostly learning YL. It's lag that's giving me trouble, fix online and buffer damnit. I kinda dropped Pac-Man for being too "ight, so maybe a little more weight with a little speed will bring me back. Have not won a tournament.

Attached: pac.png (500x625, 97K)

Because the input delay gimps your movement. You can't even risk tight spacing and spot dodges because of it.

>K. Rool has been my main since the game came out
>The more I play him the more that bottom 5 ranking feels accurate
Banjo and Kazooie can't come out soon enough, I'm jumping ship immediately
I haven't even fucking BEEN to a tournament yet, bringing K. Rool feels pointless.

Attached: 1528085306223.jpg (604x553, 55K)

4.7 mil Greninja. I hate having no good oos. I have trouble with swordies and falcon. No idea how to fight anybody who's faster than me.

Samus is my main. Learning Hero, specifically Solo because DQ4 is based.

Attached: 1556010269420.png (480x320, 137K)

>Who do you play?
I play Pac-Man, Ridley, and K. Rool, although I feel like most confident with Ridley
>Who you learning?
I played ZSS on a whim and had a lot of fun with her. Might mess around with her a little more, but I'd really like to git gud with Simon.
>Who's giving you trouble?
Nobody because I'm not a retard that ignores matchups. I can also figure out a gameplan mid-match using logic. If you can't do these things you're probably an underaged onlineonly fag.
>What buffs/nerfs you hoping for?
K. Rool needs to be tweaked, he is simply outclassed by most other characters as he is now. Minor buffs, please. If you disagree, let me reiterate that you're an underaged onlineonly fag.
>Have you won a tournament yet?
I assume you're referring to the new online mode they've added? Then no, because I'm not an underaged onlineonly fag. I have friends and the state I live in hosts a variety of local tournaments.

Attached: 1541129286016.jpg (640x685, 71K)

Kill yourself you underaged faggot

>Who do you play?
Nobody in particular. Winning is impossible
>Who you learning
Not incineroar.
>Who's giving you trouble
Shit netcode
>What buffs/nerfs are you hoping for
Less shit netcode.
1GSP.

Fuck Zelda online
Fuck Inkling online
And FUCK Palutena in general

Attached: 8C9BB76C-EEF2-49E1-B989-7B11B9D5ED4A.png (840x900, 868K)

>1GSP
You can't be that bad, user.

Falco has so many good tools in a vacuum (bair, up tilt, laser) but nothing feels good when flowing together

Why do Ultimate players beg for nerfs to characters instead of learning how to adapt to them?

Attached: leffjoker.png (613x461, 63K)

I mained Lucas in sm4sh, however now main Ness (about 5.1m gsp) now because I unlocked him first. Been trying to learn a good secondary, like Wolf. Swordies always give me trouble because they take priority over many of my attacks. Never won a tourney, but I've come close! Have won an online tourney tho, they're a joke.

There's a lot of very loud very reactionary people in the top level of smash, due in part to Bayonetta, in part to Brawl and Smash 4 in their entirely, and in part due to autism.

This lil nigga right here.

>those ledge canceled eggs
>DJC chains
>aerial crouch cancel
>getting a parry once in a while
>that combo game
>egg snipes offstage
>that buttery smooth movement
>wavelanding all around and of of platforms as your dashdance

There is literally no more fun character.

Attached: 1404699857811.png (283x270, 176K)

I'm trying to master Bayonetta.
Getting good at consistently following up after Witch Twist and ABK at the moment.

Taking kill tips. Fishing for BAir is obnoxious.

I DESPISE heavies and rush down. Special shout out to Captain Faggot and Bowser. I hope you mains out there step on a LEGO soon.

Also fuck Capcha.

Attached: IMG_20190611_121759.jpg (1013x1013, 67K)

Captain Falcon main since melee.

He's not very good in ultimate but he's still my favorite, and main.

>timing Inklings online dashing
oh nooooo no no noooo

Doc's Air Speed actually got very slightly nerfed from Smash 4 to Ultimate. I think he's the only character who has suffered the same kind of air mobility nerfs. I don't know why they did that but yeah, for his Disadvantage State & things like Landing, Doc could use a better Air Speed.

I love agrro characters so Hero Bowser and Ridley are current mains

>Who do you play?
Falco/Marth PP combo

>Who you learning?
Falco and Marth eternally, but specifically Marth bullshit on FD and trying to tune up Falco run and gun lasering to Shiz levels. Also Falco neutral in general.

Sheik, the eternal fucker. Just always feels like having to adjust gameplay to be super defensive and lame to play against Sheiks or else be needled and baired from ledge to death, not to mention tech-chased eternally.

I'm not holding my breath for buffs or nerfs.

No but I don't go 0-2 anymore at least.

Attached: 19c76c9bfacab70a3b9379f3fadc5323.png (420x420, 111K)

>Who do you play?
Mewtwo, Pit and Inkling

>Who you learning?
The ones above and the Plant

>Who’s giving you trouble
It depends on the player but fuck everyone that has a sword

>buffs/nerfs
Nerf the Hero’s Mana, speed up Pir’s side B

I haven’t even participated

HOW
DO
YOU
FIGHT
ZELDA
>Rush her down
>Impossible to get in on because her frame 1 blue crystal thing
>Don't approach and she spams me out with Knight and Dinn's Fire
>Farore's Wind has an active hurtbox and kills crazy early and is impossible to punish because of it's massive hitbox
>All her aerials kill at 40%
>Her smash attacks don't have enough endlag to actually punish
How is this character considered bad?
Call me bad, I don't care, just fucking TELL ME what her disadvantage state is because I can't fucking fight her with ANY character I play, ranging from DK, Olimar, Mewtwo, Ganondorf, Pokemon Trainer, Pichu, all three Miis, etc etc etc

Attached: 1542060202871.jpg (400x400, 31K)

Wind is punishable. Shit Zeldas will always do it to get back onstage instead of going to the ledge.

My man
Melee Yoshi is super fun

>Little Mac
>Doc
>Roy, Donkey Kong, DDD
Anybody who jumps enough is a hard opponent for Mac. It's just frustrating not having any options off of the ground that don't result in a massive punish. Also fuck DK's cargo throw.
>Buffs
Give him back his side b range from 4 and also make the move reset upon being hit. A lot of his balance changes from 4 to Ultimate make 0 fucking sense aside from side B not putting you into freefall and being able to cancel neutral b.

Attached: Little_Mac_-_Super_Smash_Bros._for_Nintendo_3DS_and_Wii_U.png (1200x1200, 1020K)

I want to get good at hero but my mains are Link and Cloud.
It sucks that two of my mains aren't great and I suck with hero but I'm sticking with them.

Attached: DiQs3aoW4AEJOLE.jpg (1024x576, 55K)

I'd post proof but gookmoot says my IP range is blocked due to abuse. Some nigger's in my neighborhood apparently.

Smash bros get in here QUICK

discord.gg/EeRZs6j

discord.gg/EeRZs6j

discord.gg/EeRZs6j

Attached: banjo.jpg (900x900, 78K)

Attached: random crits.png (980x368, 271K)

>both Marios (Doc preferred)
>learning MK and Hero
>goddamn Lucy i swear
>DOC'S AIR SPEED

these guys understand

Attached: 1528829245911.png (656x832, 420K)

Play:
Bowser Jr, but slowly starting to drift away from him towards K Rool. Honestly I don't know what to say or what to do, I feel like my main has been ruined beyond repair, and I just cannot find a proper replacement. K Rool is fun to try and use most of the time, but there are plenty of times where his weaknesses are just too large to ignore.
Learning:
I gave learning Joker a try when he came out, but he just felt like he sucked. The gun felt terrible to use due to the lag in the move, and his side b felt useless, everyone would dodge it or shield it, and it felt like I couldn't act out if it fast enough to reach the enemy to punish them or do anything to them really. But now that I have been watching lots of gameplay videos, Hero has really been tempting me. I like to play fun entertaining characters, and he has that. I like to play characters with options and variety, Hero has that. I like to play characters without many limitations on their movesets, and Hero has that.
Giving you trouble:
Literally everyone due to maining either Jr or K Rool.
Buffs or nerfs:
Don't want any nerfs, just buffs. Buff Bowser Jr's grab range back to normal, and his mechakoopa no longer being shielded. Without his grab range, he cannot punish with a grab, it comes out too short and too slow. If he cannot punish shield spammers, anybody can beat him. It sucks. A lot.
Hoping for:
Dunno at this point really. I have never gotten my most wanted since Melee, and likely never will. Dixie Kong. I won't be hoping she gets in as a DLC slot, because that wouldn't be fair, you have all these cool third parties, and then Dixie Kong? Would be a waste to me. I know I will get hate for wanting her, but I do not care.
Have never played in a tournament yet.

*Crits and kills you at 40%*
What was Sakurai thinking.

Attached: dragonquestheroe-673e8a38a6484322bc5df54b8a3d1a3f.jpg (800x368, 42K)

It won't even be relevant anymore soon, with Hero and all. Mark my words, next tournament will open and MKLeo will lose early to the single mistake of a Hero smash attack that gets a critical. Whoops, accidentally beat MKLeo early, SUCH A BALANCED GAME.

He's not based on Ware. He's based on how he acts in Japan. You're wishing for a Wario based on North America's marketing.

In Japan, Wario's always talked about his own shit, taking shits, farts, and stuff like that. The Wario World Japanese commercial has little piles of shit all over the background.

Main: Captain Falcon
Secondary: Wario
Objectively the most fun characters to play

>Pikachu
>Waiting on Banjo but trying out Daisy
>Anyone online
>Nerf Ganondorf's super armor during his Falcon Punch
>No because my job doesn't give me the time

I main this bad boy but I'm looking into picking up a higher tier character for a backup. Thinking Ike, Wolf, Yoshi, or Wario.

Attached: dededeface.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

Always been a Mewtwo main since his DLC announcement in Smash 4. I didn't play in a while so my games were rough the last days which is expected of course. But I got absolutely destroyed by most Hero players. How do you deal with him? What normal attacks should I look out for punishing?

>f-smash is really slow
>u-smash's hitbox is tiny
>90% of the time, he won't crit anyway
If you're fishing for smashes as Hero, you're making a mistake

>in there base
>there base
Kill yourself.

I can't decide on what character to play, because I hate every character I'm any good with

Mains are Bowser and Dedede, with Pac-Man as secondary. I say they should buff Dedede's up-special so you can better aim your landing.

I mean, Dair to UpSmash has a 12.5% to be a kill confirm at around 40%
Dair isn't easy to hit but he can crossup with it and it's already more possible than a Smash

>Who do you play?
Random, though I say my most consistent characters are Mario, DK, Cloud, K. Rool, and Diddy.
Who you learning?
Bowser Jr., Pokemon Trainer, Hero, and ZSS.
Belmonts, Roy/Chrom, ZSS, Palutena, Little Mac
Buff K. Rool's airspeed and make his attacks stronger. Also make it so that Mario can wavebounce while charging FLUDD, like just about every other character can do with their charge moves.
Yes, I won a small local of about 10 players, using Random for the whole thing.

>Main Corrin
God these buffs are good. I didn't realize how hard I was held back by the balance being shit before. I shot up from 3.5 million range to 5 million GSP. It's like the training weights have been taken off. The buffs may have looked small in the patch notes but they hit all the most important things that were fucking him up. Like I was joking about how buffs wouldn't make me good at smash, but it turns out I was already decent and was just weaker than almost every other character in the game.

My neutral has also been improving a shit ton, I'm looking over MK Leo vods and trying to copy how he plays. I wish I could play with /vg/ more but my internet is really inconsistent and shitty so I risk spending 10 minutes in line just for the game to be unplayable.

I'm learning the game, not anyone in particular, but my secondaries are Bayonetta and Rosalina since their fun and neat.

If Samus or even a Belmont is the enemy, I consider it a loss. Corrin doesn't have the air speed for that shit. Villager and Snake players are also really tough for the same reason. Against Wolfs I have to play the careful game of disguising the fact that my character literally has no answer to his gay ass lasers. I'm comfortable being weak to lame play and general faggotry since that's going to be a bore even if you counter it.

I've had Bayos kill my off the side, there's a window at around 70% where the kick combos into another kick into the same direction and then some stuff happens and they can forward tilt. Bullets are also really good since people have to pass through them to recover low a lot of the time.
My Bayo only recently got freed from 100k GSP hell. Git gud buffs fucking when? Oh god those Captain Falcon shitters in low GSP are annoying as hell, I swear their whole strategy revolves around not thinking about what they're doing so input lag from online doesn't matter to them but it does for you reacting to them.

Attached: 1560825925730.jpg (900x697, 119K)

>Fully charged neutral B deals 45% famage and eats shield
BALANCED

Throw them offstage with whatever you've got and grow the balls to edgeguard them. Bayonetta's lingering aerials absolutely destroy certain characters for free.
Alternatively, go on platform stages, try to bait your opponent up there, and start one of your upwards combos, MAYBE you can cheese a kill.
Bayo sucks at killing.

Attached: Bayo Ladder.webm (600x600, 2.98M)

Is Mario a good character to learn the fundamentals? He seems like a character where you have to really work for the KOs.

>Who do you play?
Falco, with Wolf, Inkling, and Bowser secondaries
>Who you learning?
Greninja, maybe Diddy later.
>Whos giving you trouble?
Joker, spammy Heroes and the occasional zoner.
Joker either needs to have slightly worse framedata and hitboxes across the board, or Arsene being there for a fraction of the time.
No, but I know I have it in me.

Attached: ma in.png (996x1080, 602K)

Playing as Bowser. Nothing feels better than being the tank of the game, hitting incredibly hard and barely being knocked back.
I've been wanting to learn Wario and Bowser Jr, but both are janky as fuck.
I'm hoping Bowser Jr will eventually get the buff he deserves.
I've never played online, but I might later. Wish me luck.

Attached: 1550801106773m.jpg (1024x730, 73K)

I'm glad Simon turned out to be fun and good. I flipped my shit when both he and K Rool were revealed.

To be quite honest, even if he's not top tier, I've never felt in any matchup that I didn't have the tools to deal with the opposing character. He just feels all around solid and I really have no complaints other than maybe recovery can be fucked with pretty easily.

Now I wish they'd buff K Rool a bit too cause I'd be playing him if it didn't feel like pulling teeth against anyone remotely competent.

Attached: Simone.jpg (1100x618, 86K)

Yes but no you don't have to work either. Fast Smash attacks, good edgeguarding, a projectile.

>who do you play?
Lucina currently. I've flipped through just about every top tier but found she just works for me. Love her edgegaurd potential.
>who you learning?
Hero. He may fucking suck though. Played a Young Link recently and the speed difference / better projectiles meant he could effectively keep me from ever getting a good menu spell while also keeping me from ever landing an attack. Also none of my projectiles go through his bomb. He may just not be my kind of character.
>who's giving you trouble?
Fuck sonic and fuck Link.
>buffs / nerfs you're hoping for?
I'm really happy with how the top-mid tier meta is, so just buff all of those low tiers who don't have many good options right now. They don't need that many to become good, just need well thought out ones. I think just giving Kirby better air mobility is enough to make all of his tools and recovery suddenly become great, but still really stubby.
>have you won a tournament?
Only the one I started within my friend group. The #2 there, a DK, gives me a lot of trouble with his technical stuff. Really fun to fight.
At my actual local the highest I've been is 2nd, and I average 7th out of 20-40 people.

Attached: luci12.jpg (1583x2048, 413K)

How do I make the game less stressful? Even the easy matches feel fucking nervewracking.

the nerves only stopped for me when I stuck to just 1 character. I think because I only needed to learn one style I knew what to do in situations better.

focus on implementing shit you're trying to learn organically and playing well over the end score. make it a battle of self improvement.

Play a top tier.

>when the Banana Slamma hits

Attached: 1381152794877.png (228x436, 151K)

Hes one of the few characters whose moves are not safe on shield even if its spaced accordingly.

Literally just shield grab

I've been playing Inkling since day 1 and she continues to amaze me.

Attached: Use Splattershot.webm (1280x720, 2.96M)

God speed Corrin bro.

Attached: Haha woomy.jpg (370x370, 41K)

Bowser
Bowser, but actually trying to learn to play him well
Samus and other zoning spammers
Bowser doesn't need buffs since he's already perfect, so nerf Joker so he doesn't get Arsene so easily from his down b
No, I don't really have the option to do tourney's right now.

based woomy

>Who do you play?
Pacman
>Who you learning?
Pacman
Everyone. I can't kill anyone below 200% except with hard reads
Make his Back Throw a kill throw, please
No

Ridley

Attached: 5c58e0390084f.jpg (648x774, 80K)

Play casually

do any anons here know how to get into a 1v1 online tourney? every single one I've been in is FFA 4 players but I've heard of 1v1 ones from friends.

I dont know

Is pikachu as busted as people say he is? I’m thinking about maiming him.

Sheik

Fuck you

Yes but only luchadora Pika

I'm only getting 8 player online tourneys, and half of the players are CPU's. My connection is great, I don't understand what's happening.

Attached: detective_pikachu.jpg (880x480, 69K)

every pacman I've played kills with smash attacks almost exclusively, after building percent with item combos. that or edgegaurds, which are harder but work amazingly because of Pacman's F-air and B-air, along with his air mobility and recovery getting him really far horizontally.

I play yoshi cause he was my favorite as a kid

The tourney ruleset changes after a few days.

>Who do you play?
DK, K. Rool, Ness, Duck Hunt, Mega Man, Simon
>Who you learning?
Ridley (Would like to start Bayo and Diddy)
Joker, Wolf and Hero mostly because all I fight is Joker, Wolf and Hero. The first two are managable though depending upon who I'm playing. Hero is a crapshoot right now as to whether you'll get bullshitted or not. Everything he has does an asston of damage and he can kill off of two specials so you're basically not allowed to make a mistake.
>Buffs/nerfs
I still don't understand how Duck Hunt hasn't gotten any help. I also think there are a lot of characters like Ice Climbers and BowJu who just have trash kits that need retooling because it's just sorta unfair how useless they are. As for nerfs Joker still has quite a bit of jank but Hero is the biggest offender right now.

Playing shotos in this game feels like having an ongoing argument with the game itself in which the opponent is just a bystander.

Attached: 600px-Ryu_-_Super_Smash_Bros_Ultimate.png (600x600, 197K)

>CTRL+F
>No shotos
Stop sleeping on them

Lol

Attached: 3f5a00acf72df93528b6bb7cd0a4fd0c.jpg (537x529, 32K)

bowser jr's recovery is trash wtf

>Who do you play?
Pinkling
>Who you learning?
Recently started playing Ridley. I didn't play him for long before his buffs, but good god it feels good to be able to fight off stage without worrying about not being able to recover.
Not really anyone in particular. Jokers a pain in the ass in general just because I don't like feeling like I'm being punished for kicking his ass. Swordies are a bit hard in general since their aerials are so tough to deal with. Hero kind of peeved me after an around 0% to death crit smash, but I haven't played against him enough to see whether he'll be a consistent problem. >What buffs/nerfs you hoping for?
I'm feeling pretty content with buffs, though there are certainly some characters I don't play that could use them. I'd like Mac to get something since my brother has stuck with him as his main. I wouldn't mind a small nerf to how quickly Joker's meter charges from being damaged and how often Hero's crit comes out.
Never been, but I'm been talking with my friends about going sometime. I only really started trying to improve with this game. A couple friends used to go to locals but haven't since 4 and one of them was big into the competitive scene during brawl because we had a friend who was one of the best in the state before he passed away.

Attached: 1558995980356.png (607x694, 150K)

I feel like Samus always fucks my Simon's ass. A fair after knocking me offstage insta kills

my man. wanted him for years and its about time he got in.

also learning marth just to get my fundamentals better. it feels really weird b-reversing in this game. when i try to do it with side-b sometimes i end up doing neutral b instead. i cant tell if im moving the stick too fast or what, but itll just take practice i guess. i bought a new controller last week in case my old one was faulty, but it seems about the same.

Attached: 1542396487250.jpg (905x657, 156K)

>Inkling player
>Worries about offstage recovery
Your aerials are great and your Up+B recovers from near blast zone.

I was talking about Ridley. I love Woomy recovery. Now I also love Ridley recovery thanks to it being buffed.

Attached: 023.jpg (1024x790, 87K)

Smash bros get in here QUICK#

discord.gg/EeRZs6j

discord.gg/EeRZs6j

discord.gg/EeRZs6j

Attached: banjo6.jpg (900x900, 260K)

That's my problem. I can build percent okay, but when it comes to getting a kill, i just cant do it. I cant edgeguard well, and if I try a smash attack, I always get punished for it.

you need to choose your Smash attack timings well. for the most part they're unsafe, but when someone does a laggy move / lands with a bad aerial you can usually get one. I like to do Fsmash out of shield after someone lands a laggy aerial on me.

how do I report a post

I'm switching off, I'll get someone into Elite and then move on to the next. So far I've done Kirby, Doc, and Ridley. Mii Swordfighter next.

The best character is Joker in my experience, so he's the one that I'm most afraid of. But Rosalina is particularly irritating. I don't think Hero is that great. Lots of gimmicks, but a bad neutral. I think the hype will die down.

I probably won't play tourneys, because I did it in 4 and just embarrassed myself.

I think Doc is 'supposed' to be a bad character.

Smash bros get in here QUICK-

discord.gg/EeRZs6j

discord.gg/EeRZs6j

discord.gg/EeRZs6j

Attached: banjo1.jpg (900x900, 251K)

Does this game actually have GSP Hell? I went down to 100k GSP because I had a bad losing streak trying to learn a character. Now I am winning pretty consistently and I have only got to 105k, whereas at higher values the GSP fluctuates like crazy.

how the fuck do you do anything in this fucking game
melee is so much better I swear to God
half the fucking games I kill myself every time just because the controls fucking suck and EDGEGUARDING IS FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE

Are you playing online?

The GSP changes are small if your score is really low or really high. At mid GSP it changes a lot.

Who gives a shit

Ryu and Ken main, love playing my shotos. Pichu and YLink for Melee nostalgia and cause they’re fun.
I rotate between Cloud, Incineroar, Mewtwo and Wolf just to fuck around. Gave Hero a try and he’s fun. Fuck what all the competitive autists think. Don’t really care to play online cause nintendo online still pretty shit but I have fun with the game playing against level 9’s and with friends, no items with hazards off.

>doing things
>Ult

lmao

>who do you play
These two and falcon are my co-mains. Mario and Daisy are my secondaries
>who you learning
I want to get back in the groove of using mario again. Used him and Yoshi often
>who's giving you trouble
Hero and sometimes the doctor
>what buffs and nerfs you hoping for?
I dunno. I guess isabelle becoming a little stronger? I like how incineroar is right now
>have you won a tournament
no, im casual and also take showers

Attached: incine and belle 9.jpg (1200x913, 183K)

>Who do you play?
Young Link, Mewtwo, Falco
Who you learning?
Zelda, probably Snake next.
The biggest fucker I always have trouble with on all characters is Little Mac, despite him being supposedly Z tier. The way I play does not counter him well, I've always been weak at landing and Mac punishes me the most.
I wish Falco did a bit more damage. I don't play as K. Rool but every one I face is an effortless win, he needs some buffs.
Yes, three times as Mewtwo.

Crap forgot to greentext all the questions
Anyway, should I always be charging her phantom to full or is it good to let out some quicker ones too?

Attached: zelda-smash-ultimate-625x352.png (625x352, 341K)

Elaborate. I think this game is fairly solid despite not having your memedashing.

Played mostly Ridley for the first 5 months of the game before demoting him to secondary, games just became too frustrating trying to play around his weaknesses
After 4.0 I'm having a lot of fun playing him again just like I did on release, he still has those big weaknesses but matches don't feel as depressing as they used to before

Attached: 1564788457203.webm (1280x720, 1.18M)

I'm getting my ass kicked by Ridleys more than ever now, well deserved buff.

this is the same fucking guy that was begging for Hero nerfs since his trailer dropped.

I relate Ridleybro. The biggest problem I have is how limited Ridley's moveset is. He has maybe three usable moves. Nair, Fair and Ftilt. Everything else ranges from gamble to you have to be an absolute retard or savant to think of using.

Leffen is a fucking retard as usual

What would prompt you to just lie about shit.

>busted
No but him and pichu are like getting stabbed by incredibly small knives but for about 5 minutes or however long matches last. So god damn annoying

>Who do you play?
Big Link
>Who you learning?
Not interested in picking up a secondary, but Hero has been fun.
Wolf and Inkling
I think Link is in a pretty good spot. His main weakness is his recovery, and I highly doubt they'd make any changes to that. More kill power on any of his attacks would be greatly appreciated though.
I mainly play locals, so I never got a chance to play online tournies.

There's nothing wrong with his post. I've been killed by nothing but Fully Charged B -> Fully Charged Side B. They each do around 40. Hell, Dair does 20%

You forgot dtilt and utilt, but yeah those are basically his only moves in neutral
Side special killing earlier actually makes it really good for punishing bad approaches or ledge getups now, along with mixing up your landing, I just wish it didn't take an eternity to come out and leave you vulnerable for an equal amount of time if you whiff the move
As much as I love the buffs I'm hoping this isn't the end of the Ridley train and 4.1 brings even more
And I love the downward up special gamble now

Attached: Spike.webm (1280x720, 2.69M)

Post yfw your can somehow misses and you instantly get punished

Attached: 6CA1E7CA-F65E-44A3-9DBC-ABAAE92921A8.png (288x320, 182K)

This is when I really wish I had training partner or friends to play with, instead of having to rely on laggy online play.

>Side special killing earlier
desu I haven't felt this at ALL
I've been unable to kill Jokers and Heroes until upwards of 175% with Side Special. It's always the fake out finish. These buffs were a good step in the right direction but I think we need a few more steps.

what is Cloud's achilles heel?

If you're using the move a lot then stale effect actually affects its knockback a ton, also the move is weirdly inconsistent where it will send at seemingly random trajectories, the best one being where it launches the opponent almost directly sideways which always tends to kill at around 110-120%. But a lot of the time it sends opponents at a diagonal angle and with DI, opponent can live from that with an abnormal amount of percentage
Also idk about Joker but Hero's pretty heavy

Link chad here. Practicing bomb set ups. I've gotten pretty alright with them. Next is being more consistent with bomb recovery. Also FUCK Palutena and Zelda

He basically can’t kill you without a limit or Fsmash, the latter of which is super punishable even on shield.

>at a local, Smash 4 days
>kick everyone's ass
>my final opponent was the best shulk player in my province, we were the last players remaining
>shitty rules that dont allow DLC, so Mewtwo was out of the picture
>the match would be tomorrow
>study all night on how to beat shulk, character that im good with that could counterpick him is Sonic
>thedaycometh.png
>get 3 stocked
it still hurts, that shulk player destroyed my confidence forever.

Attached: 1564541425698.gif (305x320, 980K)

All I care about is the characters, bros... I barely even play the game despite always wanting to. Yet every character discussion and trailer brings me immeasurable hype. How can I just enjoy the game instead of always speculating on who's next?

Attached: Being Seen.png (211x224, 81K)

Unironically the only way to make it fade is to git gud enough to be proud of how you play even in losses. That can only come from playing a ton, it's like when running, when you go for so long you think you're going to die; when you break past that feeling it becomes a breeze.

because Hero is broken and Joker isn't

Ass recovery.

Also his limit should get unnerfed.

>Who do you play?
Simon/Richter, Joker, Ryu

>Who you learning?
Inkling and Hero(just to fuck around with)

Yoshi, this fucker can do whatever the fuck he wants, he does air normal harassment better than Jigglypuff.

Simon/Richter up air range buff(at least make the ledge grab range taller than Up-B's length)

Corrin anything, she's way better now than before, but she's was never adjusted appropiately to match Ultimates speed.

30th at a local with 200 people

K. Rool is a fantastic pocket pick user, he just can’t be your main. Some top characters like pika/Pichu, Lucina, joker, and fox will juggle him to 100% effortlessly, but he has lots of neutral to good matchups too, and catches a lot of people off guard due to his low tier status. K Rool is my fav by far but I main Mega Man since he is a strong pick against the ones K Rool looses out to

>friend that almost never won against me is winning more than half the time with hero now

Attached: 1557710859992.jpg (750x864, 178K)

No joke you guys have been terrorizing and terrifying me lately. I'm used to arrow and boomerang spam but it's like you all suddenly learned how to use the bomb at once and ice been getting tossed around like a fucking ragdoll because of it

I'd just like to say that you can chain jumping space pirate rush into wing blitz if you're accurate enough. Most of the time you'll be going for the spike, but hitting your opponent head on works as well because of the angle Ridley flies in when you hold forward.

Now that wing blitz is significantly less laggy to use, you can get away with this one technique more than ever. Like Bowser's down b, if you downward wing blitz toward the ledge, Ridley will still spike his opponent and regrab the ledge. No consequences.

If you're fighting shitters, you can chain down throw into skewer and get some easy damage, assuming they don't escape from it which is VERY easy for them to do. But, in the event you pull this off, read their roll and f-smash. They're dead if they're not a superheavy.

Attached: lol.jpg (327x316, 12K)

Pokemon Trainer is my "main" and my best character, but I'm pretty good at playing Fox, Ridley, Pit, and Little Mac
Honestly, I try to learn as many characters as I can because I always found sticking to one single character boring as fuck, I don't know what the hell people find enjoyable about it.

With that being said, I'm right about pic related.

Attached: i'm right.png (994x584, 1004K)

>dominate opponent
>start feeling bad
New to quick play. How do I kill my empathy?

Attached: 1564376682557.jpg (1242x1236, 248K)

>if you downward wing blitz toward the ledge, Ridley will still spike his opponent and regrab the ledge
Exactly what happens in the second part of that clip, I still struggle a bit with accurately judging the distance I should be from ledge when doing it though
Also dthrow-skewer hasn't worked on anyone since like 2 months out from the game's release sadly, and
>fsmash
You'd be surprised how often people just flat out jump or whiff attack into this, nets amusing early kills abnormally often

Bad recovery and mediocre at killing outside of limit or a hard read with a Smash attack.

You all think Hero is OP but the real truth is he's just dishonest. it's a similar situation to release K.Rool only K. Rool is shit and Hero is actually pretty good. He's not the best character or anywhere near it though he just gets away with far too much bullshit

who can gimme tips to use this properly same with squirtle neutral B

Attached: 1200px-SSBUWebsiteMario4.jpg (1200x675, 106K)

I main Captain Falcon and secondary main Snake. I've been trying to pick up Megaman but since he focuses on zoning I feel like I should learn another melee focused character. I'm pretty good with Pikachu and Zero Suit so I might focus on them.

Attached: 1429380241000.jpg (850x680, 540K)

>Focuses on zoning
He doesn't really. You generally always wanted you metal blade in your hand. You'll use crash bomb more to make your own recovery safe than anything else. Leaf shield is so you can get in. Lemons are more valuable for their on contact knockback. His Aerials are too good to play a keep away game.

100k is the pit of no return but if you're lucky enough to win a match against someone significantly higher and get a winstreak you can make it out. Takes a long fucking time though.
Against Little Mac grab a lot, he can't super armor through that. Don't be afraid to go offstage if you're getting juggled. Sometimes getting back by the ledge can be easier than landing.
You have to like fighting games to get into it and even then Smash is a really shitty but still fun fighting gamme. Otherwise just play doubles if you feel like playing. I also recommend getting off this board and playing video games but we both no you won't. Personally I play a little bit and talk a lot.
I fought a Yoshi a while back who was always bitching about how he couldn't do much against shields. You have to be really patient with them and wait for them to whiff all their butt slaps.
You don't. This is a genre for sadists. There's nothing wrong with being a good person at heart, just try to impress them so they feel like they lost against a godlike player instead of someone who can just read them like a children's book.

Use it to punish approaching foes that are coming from the ground if they're getting to "'into" themselves, its an incredibly solid momentum breaker and can put nearly any ground or short-hop focused fighter on ice, if not putting you in advantage altogether. It also stuffs high recoveries really well
For Squirtle, saving it up for Swede Swapping can be pretty useful if you're an Ivysaur shitter even after 4.0.0, and for Mario, it can set up into Forward Air or other aerial follow ups.
Also this is shitter advice, but TAP Down Special with Mario then aim, otherwise you'll be holding FLUDD downwards like a buffoon

>Who do you play?
Wolf, Mewtwo, Roy, and Zero Suit Samus are the ones that I'd say are "tournament ready".
>Learning
I tried out Hero for a bit when he got released, hes fun but a load of bullshit.
>Giving you trouble
I hate Sonic, Snake, Little Mac and both DLC characters (Pirahna Plant doesnt count)
>Buffs/Nerfs you're hoping for
All Mewtwo needs now is a weight buff up to around middleweight level and for dtilt to actually combo into shit then hes perfect
I only go to locals every once in awhile and play on a discord server but I dont win anything. Havent done the official tourney mode because I respect myself enough to not play Smash online as I'll just get pissed off at wifi Young Links and Wolfs.

I mostly go random, but I have found that I enjoy Marth just because he is stimulating by requiring some modicum of spacing compared to most of the cast. I have a lot of old habits since I played competitively once upon a time and the games have changed significantly since. I try to punish people doing stupid shit which is (mostly) the wrong move. Instead I should focus on playing very reserved and only pushing when they run into whatever I safely throw out or I should just fish for whatever gets me the benefit. Basically Smash 4 a bit evolved.

The only buffs/nerfs I honestly want are global changes to dodges and the buffer system. Most rolls outdistance initial dashes and thus if you are standing there and many characters roll, your character is incapable of getting to them and punishing upon reaction in a looooot of cases. Mostly you already have to be where they are going to roll before they do. Poor design and it showed in EVO with Gluttony getting wafts out on the top players who shouldn't ever roll in when feeling pressured like that. That's one of the first aspects learned of self-control in some of the older Smash titles-- you don't roll in if the person is standing there and your back is to the edge. Besides adjusting rolls/spotdodges (take away the Z axis), fixing landing detection and allowing for true dashdances would make the game a lot more fluid. It would stop neutral from being what it is now which is honestly very passive.

Online is, at best, what, 13 frames delay? 13 frames. There are a lot of smash attacks you can't even shield on reaction online because of that.

>>play online
There's your problem

Use it to edgeguard people recovering mid to high. It's also useful to use in neutral against approaches and charging it gives the other guy an incentive to approach if fireballs arent cutting it

Joker does legit need a specific nerf. Nobody in the game should be able to hold counter because it instantly eliminates the ability to properly pressure them offstage or high in the air. It only benefits Joker if you do, in fact. Leo uses this regularly to great effect. He just straight up gets to bypass a significant portion of the game in many instances. There are other times in Smash things like this occur, and even if they don't seemingly have a huge impact (because the character is otherwise mediocre), it's still bad design since the opposing player has the game do a lot of the "heavy lifting" in nuanced situations for them, such as frame 1 grenades for Snake which explode on contact or the autoturnaround for Ryu/Ken. To a lesser extend I find this is also the case with recoveries which snap to the ledge, but that's a bit more controversial.

Fuck Kirby
Fuck Dedede
Fuck Kaboom in particular
But more importantly
Fuck FS Meter

Attached: 1525313990695.jpg (334x334, 88K)

>landing detection
you know, I tested this, and outside of a few extreme examples like Link Nair, Ryu on Dreamland, and ZSS Up Air, It was pretty damn unnoticeable. Most of the time the character stretched in a way that it made sense they touched the ground, like Incineroar Fair, Marth Fair, or Ryu Nair.
Even shit like Link's Nair outright missing a standing Kirby like in Brawl doesn't happen with anyone anymore
The fact that most people don't seem to care should really say something about how little this affects

Attached: DARN TOOTIN.png (805x767, 507K)

Watch Tweek's games at EVO to see how his squirtle uses it. You are essentially going to use it when someone jumps close to edge to put them offstage and force them into having to recover/get back on. It's mostly a way to force someone into disadvantage and possibly panic.

This shit's why I like playing with level 9s more. Level 9 bots also use their whole kit too. The only problem is that they get stuck on platforms a lot.
Smash is an inherently unfair game. There's literally nothing wrong with turbocancer bullshit. Instead of nerfing the usability and uniqueness of his counter, you should nerf the time he gets Arsene so he has to make good use of that counter to be effective. Then again joker doesn't really need nerfs at all outside of maybe casual play. He's not dominant in the slightest though he can be annoying online with how fast he is and how much minor things are balanced in his favor.

Most people don't care because most of them are too young or casual to have played a Smash where this works. Any character with high aerials has this issue, and it's the sole reason why certain characters have absolute ass MUs against characters like Pikachu. ZSS has a very difficult time spacing anything but nair (or dair) low, and even then nair has to be very, very specific to get that low. Most characters in the game cannot falling uair the shorter cast. It's nearly impossible for Fox to get the second hit of his uair falling from a SH to hit-- it's almost always just the first hit. Just because you're too bad to notice except for the ones where the animation is jarring doesn't mean it isn't constantly affecting gameplay. "I'm okay with the game playing worse" is not a good reason not to fix it.

Little Mac vs Ridley is the most disgusting match up in this game

No. Taking away meaningful interactions between players cheapens the game. Do you know why Bayo was so reviled? It wasn't actually her having 0-death combos. Do you know why MK was so reviled in Brawl? It wasn't that he didn't lose any MUs. It's because their advantages were such a way that they got to skip certain aspects of the game entirely-- especially vs many of the cast. If I 100% know what you are going to do before you do it and I have zero options to do anything about it, it's going to be bad design. Sure, it's "unqiue" that a character has something broken, but it isn't to the benefit of the game or the players.

I main bowser jr since Smash 4. Won a few tournaments in my region and now i'm going to the big events. Expect to see me on Evo next year. I know i'm going to get crushed with my low tier character but i don't care, It will be fun. Oh, and Rob and mr game & Watch are my secondaries.

Most competitive players haven't said shit about it.
Not the meleefags like Leffen or Armada, ot the pros like MkLeo or Tweek, not even the """pros""" like Beefy Smash Dudes (who literally launched a campaign about fixing the biggest issues with SSBU) and Izaw.
It nNOT the sole reason are you high. Pikachhu is a very oppresive speedy character with an incredible combo game, and a lot of the cast would have trouble dealing with it changed landing detection or no. Marss' ZSS has a very easy time doing Fair and Nair low, and you see him do it constantly. Its either he's a master at this ad can do it with the precise timing you describe almost EVERY time or its not a big of a problem as you say for her.
Also nice fucking strawman calling me bad because I disagree about something you dislike, asshat. Nothing I said alluded to my skill level, And if you're gonna call me bad for being fine with it, call literally every pro who DOESN'T CARE bad too, and see how far that gets you
"It doesn't effect most of the cast enough to be a problem" is plenty reason to leave it be, whether its better or not

Attached: disgusting.png (321x376, 218K)

Just hit him when it ends. It's not skipping part of the game, it's literally using a move. Kirby isn't skipping part of the game because you can't interact with him until he comes out of stone form. Does it not have end lag? Can you not just wait and punish when he stops like any other counter?

I'd say Little Mac vs dedede is worse.
>Can't fucking approach because of his suck move
>Side b goes over it but dedede has enough time to shield and punish with a grab
>huge ass disjoints that little mac can't super armor through
Yeah, ridley has a command grab that throws little mac offstage and can just gimp him by holding B or just fair him to his death, but Ridley is actually approachable. I think Mac's biggest weakness is not being able to do anything to punish shield grabs since his aerials are too situational.

You must fucking hate Kirby's Rock
He completely stuffs out literally everything but Grab, makes him immune to aerial approach, ad can barely be punished in the air, all like Rebel's Guard

There is a set duration to stone form and it moves him to the ground. Joker can use counter in a way to disable you from applying pressure when he's high up or offstage at medium distance. 100%. It's fine on the ground because there's counterplay. Maybe if his tether didn't reach from the blastzone bottom there would be counterplay there, but there largely isn't. It's a sort of similar situation (though not quite as drastic) as Witch Time. You're being punished as a player for playing the game. If Joker is about a double jump distance from offstage, he doesn't have to carefully time his counter as you jump off at him. He can hold it. If you anticipate him holding it as low as he can, almost zero characters can hit him and then recover. It would be suicide. Likewise, if he's high up in the air and you make the jump, he can hold counter as you start up and be out of the downtime before you can land and get back to him. Go watch Leo play.

I don't know if he still does it, but Marss used to straight up change character vs Pika because he hated the MU that much for that reason. "Pros" largely don't say, "Oh man it would be great if this game had proper wavedashing" or "they really need to fix the platforms and put in platform dropping." They are more likely to articulate it as "this character is annoying to hit" or "this character sucks at hitting low". By the way, those players have said Pika is difficult to hit and if you think ZSS would have issues with an "oppressive speedy character" because they are similar to her you'd be wrong. ZSS straight up has blind spots against really short targets. This is something that's been well known for a long time. Hell, they just added extra hurtboxes on Olimar and Pichu to try and help the low-profiling issue.

I always just use counter against that and it works 100% of the time. Kirby is extremely punishable out of stone even without grabs. You just have to hit him in the air.

He cannot hover with it and it puts him in disadvantage to use it, unlike Joker. Go watch sets with Leo and see how he uses it to get out of pressure for free. Comparing stone to rebel's guard is to ignore what actually happens within matches themselves. Do you see me complaining about any other counters? No.

youtube.com/watch?v=nKwM97K42po
Here's a recent video to show it off well. Marss actually goes ZSS in the set (the previous time they met in bracket he chose to go Ike instead, by the way). Notice that he whiffs moves like bair and can only really land specifically spaced nairs and dairs as far as aerials go. He plays far more campy and ends up only trying out fairs rising to catch jumps even when pika is clearly not going to jump. Just because he's learned to play around it doesn't mean it doesn't significantly impair his options. And why? Because the game handles landing in a weird way. Do you honestly prefer the game in this way, or are you just spoiling for a pedantic argument?

Honest question here. How do you niggers put up with the controls? After playing super smash furries I can't go back to this garbage.
>no option to remove smashes and/or tilts from joystick
>no option to put tilts as a button
>no short hop button
>input lag (5-6 frames) + input buffer(4 frames) feels fucking awful
>can't use dpad to move/walk
>stick sensitivity only affects only smash attacks for some reason, not dead zones
Also I find the whole ruleset thing extremely annoying. Makes me wonder what nintendo is doing when an indie developer designed better menus/control options.

Oh look, an article describing how Marss had to overcome a bad MU centered entirely around short characters. Gee, I wonder why short characters are an issue? Her dsmash and tilts all hit low. What could not hit low here...?

thegamehaus.com/columns/bartletts-battle-frontier/super-smash-bros-ultimate-what-aspiring-zero-suit-samus-players-can-learn-from-marss-run-at-ceo-2019/2019/07/03/

I guess you proved your point in that it can seriously affect match-ups, but again, does it affect ENOUGH to warrant a change.
Now, I'm not AGAINST changing it (notice I never said I like that it was like this) I'm just saying that I feel like there are plenty more things they should focus on fixing first like the input delay and the buffer-roll storage glitch
I guess you proved your point though, I'll shut up

If they make another game I hope they rework him. Get rid of the brain dead super armor and give him a usable recovery. MAYBE give him a higher jump. He’s so niche but the whole “dude just throw him off the stage” thing is way to true and sucks

We can agree that there's a lot to fix with Ultimate. It wouldn't be at the very top of my list, but it's certainly there. I already mentioned the buffering system, which is totally fucking borked. Unfortunately, the input delay is a lost cause. From what I understand it's baked into the Switch (as well as some of the post-processing the game has) so it's not going to get fully fixed.

Same reason why Melee pros put up with the fucking tap jump.

An indie developer designed an entire online system that was superior to Nintendo's. It's not hard to believe other avenues of their games would be worse too.

I main Hero and will main Banjo unless Jak and Daxter ever get announced. RNG for life.

Attached: EBLgdUtXkAAFIs3.jpg (1024x452, 68K)

Just just play them game casually with items on high 99 stock and a high handicap percent.

Take a shower.

>jak and faster
Come on bro. That shit would be the hypest move ever but don’t get me hype like that

Wario mains: give me some tips

discord.gg/EeRZs6j

discord.gg/EeRZs6j

discord.gg/EeRZs6j

What's even worse is that they just made all of his functioning moves from 4 even worse. His side b has less range, meaning a smaller window for recovery. His KO punch needs even more damage to kill now while also losing its d-tilt confirm for most characters. I don't really want an entire reworking of the character because I do like the hit+run aspect he has going for him, but I want changes that will at least make his playstyle somewhat viable. He wasn't even complete trash in 4. They should give him his old kit back and let neutral B break shields at full charge or make his grab faster.

Honestly if we have a Microsoft character, I don't think a Sony character is off limits. Plus Sonybros would go into full shitpost mode if there was a 100% Sony character in smash, and that would be fun to see.
>sony wins again even on nintendo
>nintendies are so desperate they need our characters
>miss us Yea Forums?

Attached: jak-and-daxter-the-precursor-legacy-box-art-02-ps4-us-27mar17.png (400x331, 318K)

>Who you play?
Furry Gang Bitches!
Incineroar, King K. Rool, Isabelle and Greninja
>Who’s giving you trouble?
Honestly? Samus. I know she’s low tier but every fucker I play online against is a fucking God with her.
>Nerfs?
Pikachu, fuck that fast fuck
>Tourny wins?
Nope but I beat my friends last night who have won

alright lads tanks for the tips
if you can send me a video

Attached: 1526270049352.png (894x894, 213K)

discord.gg/EeRZs6j

discord.gg/EeRZs6j

discord.gg/EeRZs6j

Holy based

FUCK PALUKEKS
FUCK ROSALINAFAGS
FUCK YOSHIFAGS
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY
FUCK THE MOTHER MAGGOTS

Attached: FUCK JANNIES.jpg (720x724, 37K)

I can't git gud. I don't know nothing about combos or anything and can't even consistently keep my eye on the opponent instead of myself.

Try training with someone either irl or online via arenas, it can make a big difference once you learn some basic stuff

Attached: Bow.jpg (466x466, 17K)

Yeah, I should try arena play. First I've got to stick with a character to git gud with. I've never gelled with anyone for long enough.

>Who do you play?
Little Mac
>Who you learning?
Hero
The typical wifi characters (Dedede, PAC-MAN, Mega Man, etc.) as any character. Myself too.
Buffs to Mac and Isabelle
In tourney mode, no. I haven't gotten past round 2.

Attached: 2019042701180600-0E7DF678130F4F0FA2C88AE72B47AFDF.jpg (1280x720, 280K)

Palutena I understand, but why Rosalina? She's quite bad compared to her Smash 4 version. She also just recieved a nerf that makes her easier to be grabbed too.

>considered worst character in the game by default
>still places higher than Diddy, Kirby, Lucas, Jr., Mii gunner, Ryu, Lucario, Link, Ridley, Zelda, Marth, Samus, Mii Swordfighter, Miss Brawler, Corrin, Mewtwo, Plant, King K, Pit, Ice Climbers and wrestle cat at evo

get FUCKED tier whores

BASED

Mac vs DDD is not worse imo. You can do some small things here and there. Ridley just fucks you in edge guarding and his side b.

Attached: 1553212129370.png (334x334, 100K)

>b attacks can fail
Seems like a fair trade off

Mewtwo sucks so bad in this game it hurts

Retarded Ganondorf player can''t keep track of Luma and it smashed his gayboi ass.
>Higher than Samus
With the amount of Samus entrants that's fucking hilarious.

I hate fighting them because I never know how to counter then

Feel like Samus is in this weird spot where she doesn't have fuckhuge enormous flaws to fix like Ridley, but also her hit is not good enough to hang with the big boys at high tier. Everything falls juuust short, by like a hair, and now that other characters around her level got buffed she sort of got inadvertently nerfed as a result
Make super missiles actually good. Make zair actually work.
Stop introducing characters that nullify her best move completely, and stop changing the game to make her best move worse

Attached: 9b619fcaa08ee3bd03cf89f109b9b01a.jpg (480x736, 59K)

Will you be participating in the new tourney?
smash.oatmealdome.me/popup_news/01_4001/en-US/

Attached: New Tourney.jpg (960x540, 142K)

Based Wes for punching that Palutena's shit in. I wanted to see Sol play at evo, but I don't think he went.

Not a Ganonfag

*her kit

God damn that's a beautiful pic

>Who do you play?

Pac-Man and Meta Knight

>Who you learning?

I normally go Random, but i recently started using Greninja for the jank. After playing him for a while i realized he has a lot of weaknesses, but i love figuring my way out of those weaknesses. This guy made me actually use RARs, Pivot Grabs and dragdown combos, so he's quickly becoming my favorite pokemon to play, so i think i'll main him

Chroms really are unga. They always go ham on me, but one of the reasons i picked up Greninja was to gimp their recoveries. Samus are insane online too

After the Ivy nerfs that make PT actually use the other 2, i'd say i'm fine. I think Hero is pretty ok despite his bullshit fireball. If i had to say something, probably give Joker's downwards gun barrage some endlag because its a great option that is nearly impossible to punish. Maybe makes Arsene last a bit less?

My town is small (10,000 pop.) but the first local tourney is actually being organized. Plans are for it to go live later this month and i'm pretty confident despite a surprising 41 entrants so far. I'm the best in my R I S E U P G A M E R S group, which is not much, i guess.

Attached: 1430979832328.jpg (3507x2480, 1.6M)

Bowser
Pokemon Trainer
Projectile pedobait like Young Link and inkling.
Hoping most characters with absurd range are more easily punishable like Lucina or Olimar
Nah

>who do you play
Ridley
>who are you learning
Pikachu
>who's giving you trouble
my friend is a pro with falco and he beats my ass on a regular basis
>what buffs/nerfs are you hoping for
I'm really happy with ridley buffs cause he's my main, I also hope pikachu doesn't get nerfed because I'm trying to learn him
>have you won a tournament
no but I have attended them

>2 and half minutes
>>>>>FS meter
can they fuck off with these garbage rulesets? Losing to SD has never been fun.

>who do you play?
Snake. Love how it feels like he has an option for everything and everything he has is genuinely useful. Also occasionally play Richter and K.rool.
>who you learning?
Tbh I just want to get better with other characters other than Snake. I feel like Snake gives me some bad habits that come up when I play other characters and there are times where I win easily with Snake but blow it with other characters.
>who's giving you trouble?
Lucas and Ness feel fucking impossible to deal with due to how their down invalidates half your moveset. G&W is similar but at least he doesn't have a "FUCK YOU" heal. I don't think Samus is a tough matchup, but she is really unfun to play against.
>buffs / nerfs you're hoping for?
My biased side wants to gut Ness, but in truth, I feel they should just buff the low tiers

>have you won a tournament?
In other games, yes. Not that big into competitive Smash desu.

Attached: Kept ya waiting, huhn.jpg (1200x800, 73K)

Samus is legitimately too unfun to ever be allowed to be good.

I main Ridley and have trouble with Palutena, projectile users, Joker, etc. Don't think I'll ever get much better even with the recent buffs. If I block I get punished. If I jump to avoid something I get punished. Hell sometimes when I land a hit I get punished. Without someone there to help pinpoint what I'm doing wrong or could improve on I've no clue what I could do to get better.

Ideally Ridley would be great like all the roster should but I hope Banjo Kazooie are solid so I can use them if my Ridley is having a hard time.

Well we're not getting a moveset revamp any time soon

How would you guys buff the low/bottom tiers?

>Kirby
Increase air speed and ground speed, make up throw stronger, give him an inhale confirm, give inhale super armor when it starts up, drastically reduce lag for swallowing projectiles.
>Little Mac
Make side b reset, give him his gentleman jab combo back, make down tilt confirm into more shit
>King K. Rool
Reduce lag for missed grabs, make him slightly faster on the ground, and give him a bit more air speed. You should be able to tap b to shoot the canon, but holding b automatically skips right to the inhale. Reduce lag on all aerials, and make him turn around to hit opponents when they hit his counter from the rear.
>Plant
Literally just reduce lag on his aerials.
>Doctor Mario
Give him a better recovery and increase his grown speed and air speed slightly. Pill should have more hit stun and damage.
>Ganondorf
Just give him some more air speed, he's fine otherwise.

And though he's no longer a low tier, I still want them to make Ridley's down air actually reliably spike opponents in the air.

Attached: peter.gif (336x264, 629K)

I play Lucas because taking a stock with his bair is the best fucking feeling in this game

>try to make mewtwo work
> can consistently beat inklings but the second a sword or a ness/ Lucas pop up I auto lose
>tail STILL gets fucking hit ALL the time
>dash back can get you killed
>landing gets you killed
>being backwards in the air is a death sentence
That frog is calling me again

Attached: A7116433-F7BA-4252-8AF8-3A9E206B6B5E.png (1224x688, 721K)

Ridley dair just needs to be deleted entirely and replaced with something else
Next best thing would just be letting you cancel it with a jump earlier, or reduce its endlag on landing

I'd be a-okay with him using his tail. It would function like Link's down air and would be much more in character.

>I'm the best in my R I S E U P G A M E R S group
I've been there dude. I'm essentially the best in my friend group and I have a bi weekly local tourney that I go to, but lo and behold, when I go to it, I get my ass kicked. Just make sure that you're constantly doing friendlies after you get knocked out of the bracket because not only does it get you in a better mood, but it get's you playing with some people on par to your skill level

It is

Attached: 1538863363630.jpg (769x754, 123K)

So many people say this, and it really would have been the perfect dair. It's baffling how they didn't implement one of the only recognizable moves the character does in his games, and made up some weird footstomp thing instead

>who do you play?
Yoshi, but I'm slowly wanting switching to pac-man more and more. Juat can't kill as well with the former
>who are you learning
Icies. Anyone have tips to get into them? Is desync a NEED TO KNOW for them?
>buffs/nerfs?
Ridley got fixed slightly so I'm happy now
>have you won a tourney?
Nope, see

I don't think you have to learn desyncs, but it certainly makes them stronger characters. I'd recommend learning the basic ones that can be applied in neutral at least.

>Who do you play?
WFT

>Who you learning?
Still 100% dedicated to mastering WFT

Joker

A slight buff to grab range

>2:30 time limit
>Zoner, so games naturally draw out longer
>Both on last stock
>I'm at like 11%, my opponent at 100%+
>"5! 4!..."
>Opponent immediately does a 180 and cheeses his way to Sudden Death

I gave it a few shots, but this exact scenario played out at least once every run. I don't like it. Gonna stick with QP.

Attached: fe97f585d0c693c4d0ed80cecd2d5642.jpg (853x1414, 188K)

Playing Ganon and ridley.
Learning mewtwo.
I have some trouble with C.falcon's speed and rob's air spam and infinite recovery. Moreso C.falc.

>buffs
Ridleys impale should hurt shields or break them on the sweet spot.

>nerfs
They can take back ridleys command grab buff in exchange for the aforementioned impale buff.

>other character nerfs
Hero's crits.
Less often with no launch power bonus and just a damage bonus or just gone.
Maybe just a slight increase in damage would be fine but I'm killing people at 30% and doling out casual 59% off a single smash.
His spells are fine though.

>Tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary of the motherfucking Belmonts being announced
still feels good

Attached: all_smiles.jpg (244x244, 12K)

i main joker and i plan on abusing hero until he gets banned.
i said i was going to main joker from the begining, i didn't know he was going to be so good
it wasn't supposed to be like this

Attached: kittysmile.png (680x680, 527K)

playing Link since N64

>Who do you play?
doggy. wii fit veteran.
>Who you learning?
Really trying to get decent at dog, chaining slingshots are very fun. I get to 5mil gsp then get shit on by a ganondorf or little mac. Getting to elite with this fucker is all i need.
Link and Samus players. Its the most brainless shit each time. Its really only these two characters. They zone most of the match then try cheap smash attacks or grabs when you try get near. They aren't difficult to beat usually, they're just mind numbing to play against.
Everything feels fine now. I'd love if Hero could miss as much as he could get crits, or maybe those playing against Hero also got crits. Would be more fun to play against them if that were the case.
I don't know of many near me

Attached: i.jpg (190x271, 13K)

I wonder how much he would benefit if his cape stalled in the air like Mario's

>Who do you play?
Donkey Kong/ganondorf
>Who you learning?
Metaknight
Young link can be annoying sometimes >What buffs/nerfs you hoping for?
Some damage buffs for metaknight would be nice. Nerf young link's up air
I only ever make it to the semi finals but I've only played 3 so far

> Who do you play
Snakefag here. I'm honestly pretty shit with him so I just switch to ganon when I get my ass kicked to hard
> Who you learning
I have been trying to get good with the belmonts since day 1 but they are so fucking hard, getting gimped with them feels like shit
> trouble
Fuck Ness and Lucas, specifically Ness. If you play him you're a subhuman scum
> buffs/nerfs
buff K. Rool more. Nerf Hero he's so fucking dumb
> tournament
Haven't played any yet

Attached: D9XcZr7XYAIJwcX.jpg (400x563, 36K)

Smash bros get in here QUICK!

discord.gg/EeRZs6j

discord.gg/EeRZs6j

discord.gg/EeRZs6j

Attached: banjo2.jpg (900x900, 260K)

why?

Link my old main. Practicing joker, getting better with him. Also learning Peach and liking it.

Hero isn’t going to be banned and Joker isn’t OP.

i agree to both, i don't think hero is going to get banned, and i don't believe joker is op.
it's just feels fucking awful when my friends say they don't enjoy playing me because they hate arsene, I wish there was a way to turn him off for friendlies

Attached: holup.jpg (501x363, 87K)

> friends
go back

discord.gg/EeRZs6j

discord.gg/EeRZs6j

discord.gg/EeRZs6j

>Who do you play?
For me, it's green villager. I sometimes play Bowser and Wii Fit Trainer, too.
>Who you learning?
Currently learning to play Bowser Jr. Dealing with his immense weaknesses is a pain in the ass, but he's just too fun for me to give up on the little bastard.
Thinking about trying out Doctor Mario or Game & Watch too.

Attached: HNI_0007.jpg (1920x1080, 249K)

>shitting on the most honest character in the game
you can't be serious

what

If you have friends willing to play smash with you, you don't belong here. Go back wherever you came from and stay there

Just Yea Forums being Yea Forums, ignore it.

forgot to answer the other questions oops
I get fucked hard by aggressive, rush down characters. I'm not good enough to keep up with them.
And of course characters with reflectors can be a bit tricky to fight too, but I usually don't have that much trouble dealing with them.
Buff Bowser Jr pls. Preferably his recovery. The other characters I play are perfectly fine imo.
An online one? If so, then yeah, a couple.

Attached: 1550795790798.gif (600x338, 3.96M)

Got the same issue here. Joker just wears people's patience thin.

yeah they are willing to play smash with me if im not playing joker or hero

Attached: daymnbruh.png (902x1084, 1.18M)

stop using based banjo for your gay spam

reminds me of the times my friends got mad at me playing snake in brawl, good times

Attached: 1555669877252.png (217x240, 54K)

I really hope Banjo isn't too good. I wanna be able to use him for a while without pissing my friends off too quickly

lowkey he looks kinda garbage, unless his golden feather gimmick is godlike, i think youll be fine

Smash bros get in here QUICK"

discord.gg/EeRZs6j

discord.gg/EeRZs6j

discord.gg/EeRZs6j

>lowkey he looks kinda garbage
you think so? what makes you think that?
I'd love to hear an analysis if you guys got any. I plan on using the fuck out of him

am i the only one that enjoys watching matches only if there are characters i like?

Anything that doesn't have mario, sheik, falco, falcon and a few others is literally unwatchable and extremely boring for me

eh i think i was over estimating it when I said he looks like garbage, i don't think he'll be that bad, I just don't think he'll be top tier or broken
based on the trailer, it just doesn't look like he has "the sauce" you know what im saying. but basing it on a character trailer is pretty shitty, its best to just wait for fall for his release

Villager/mii brawler here
Trying to learn Hero
Ultimate's dumbass shorthop mechanic, i can't seem to pull off empty short hops without it going into a full jump because of the jumpsquat change and it still fucks me up to this day
Mii brawler buffs
No, but at least i stopped drowning in pools

Attached: IMG_20190508_111155.jpg (419x430, 33K)

Love Ridley

I normally do more stupid shit if I outclass players.

I havn’t had the chance to play all summer so I’m gonna be rusty af when I go back to uni. And idk who I want to play, I played DK, Ganon, Incineroar, and Falcon but I kinda want to branch out. They are fun but Any recommendations bros? I’m down to give anyone a go.

Currently I’m thinking of trying
>shulk
>peach
>snake
>ike
>rob
All pretty high tier but none of the low tier look fun

Based

Attached: wario.jpg (150x200, 13K)

Kirb is only invincible before a certain damage is reached

>Who do you play?
Mewtwo, glad they finally fixed the tail hitbox
>Who you learning?
Trying to learn how to play Mii Gunner more so I can efficiently be as annoyingly spammy as possible
I only encounter problems with Hero’s neutral b since it ramps up in speed fast and hits super goddamn hard. Otherwise It’s just the usual annoying stuff like ness and snake
More buffs for mewtwo since they won’t give up on that for some reason and some for characters like Sheik as well
I’ve won a local tournament but the people there weren’t that great and I just felt like I stomped them so I just stick to arenas now

Attached: 65F1ACF9-7C77-4B69-9661-353E3EBD575C.jpg (512x512, 61K)

I've been maining peach since I started playing melee as a kid. I got her combos down mostly, I fuck them up when the opponent DIs in. The issue I'm having is playing too much on autopilot and throwing out moves when they have no chance to hit. Just focusing so much on the technical that my neutral gameplan is shoddy.
The absolute wall you can create with float cancelled bair and up air is truly absurd, I just need to get better at prediction and reaction.

Attached: 5f621b3ef7129dd30d5cd570fb6fa9c3.png (778x784, 570K)

I'm considering switching over to the GameCube controller. I already have one for my GameCube but I'd need to buy the adapter.
I've played every Smash except Melee so I've always just used the Wii, Wii U, and Switch pro controller. But now I'm trying out characters where the direction is really important, I keep SD'ing with Zelda when I'm trying to teleport on stage.
Should Will the notches help with that or is it something I should just try to get used to on the pro controller?

Attached: GameCube_controller.png (1800x1400, 2.2M)

discord.gg/EeRZs6j

discord.gg/EeRZs6j

discord.gg/EeRZs6j

Attached: banjo2.jpg (900x900, 260K)

No.

Going into elite smash with stamina150, all items, stages and FS meter is the most fun one can have and competitive at a higher level than most dare to challenge

The notches are a godsend for teleport recoveries, among other things. There's a good reason all top level players use it.

how do you do the slidy thingy to increase the momentum and having more range with your tilts?

>tfw my brothers think K. Rool is broken
>tfw my friends think Ridley is broken

Attached: Big Bros Laughing.jpg (300x263, 86K)

>sakurai
>thinking

Friendo, that ship has sunk ages ago.

Attached: rZOaHhx.png (192x154, 56K)

I think I'm gonna go for it. Even with 300 hours into the game and playing since 64, I still miss Pikachu's second zip sometimes.
My only issue is that a few patches ago, they made it so hitting both jump buttons does a short-hop without attack, and I've developed a finger yoga to easily shorthop specials, but I can't see a way to do that with the GameCube layout. Maybe I'll just have to learn a different way.

Just jump bitch! It's not hard!

Attached: 1564429702026.gif (321x262, 320K)

Anyone know how to walk? If you so much as tap the button it sends you flying and even though my main has the fastest dash to shield it fucks me up against zoners constantly.

You have to baby it so much to walk that I don't even bother. I just dash and kinda short hop into position. Also why I put tilt attacks on the right stick, I don't trust the game to ever read a soft input right.

Not unwatchable but I do enjoy seeing my main Luigi or underused guys get played. That Duck Hunt at EVO was pretty crazy.

Is Dair even safe on landing to cross up with? To even spike with it you have to hit at a specific point too.

fox and all of the marths are the most boring matches. Both those characters have such predictable flowcharts that it looks no different from online play. I honestly miss Melee Fox.

Just won my first Tournament with Ridley.
Dear fucking god these buffs feel so good.

Attached: 1523301573565.gif (367x265, 565K)

It's actually incredibly good if you use it right. Up B should only be a last resort if you've already jumped out of side B and used your double jump. Even then, you can use the air dodge after UpB to get out of situations like the one in that webm. He'd have had to land aggressively with hammer instead of going for the ledge, but it's better than being gimped on the way down.

I play ridley and plant. Both had jice buffs.

Love just running away as plant til sudden death. Then down b. Opponent always hits the armor. I let go and get easy win

I play ridley but have no idea how to fight him ironically. He’s a noob filter.
Turn sensitivity all the way down. I walk perfectly fine and it’s amazing for reading opponents

discord.gg/EeRZs6j

discord.gg/EeRZs6j

discord.gg/EeRZs6j

Nair, his most spam-able move is safe on shield. Deal with it, cuck.

>Who do you play?
Belmonts and Ganon

Metaknight and Fox/Falco. The fuck do I fight Metaknight and Fox as the Belmonts? All 9 metaknigts I've fought on quick play just do whatever they want against me, same with fox except the one time I won because they died trying to gimp me. I already know not to even try the B button on the space animals

Give Belmont's Axe meteor properties on decent, but it loses it ability to pass through stages/obstacles. let me have my pipe dream

Attached: 1555610569925.jpg (250x250, 6K)