Mega Man Royale (a HTML5 online-multiplayer fan game) is complete enough to warrant a beta build! Come join with Yea...

Mega Man Royale (a HTML5 online-multiplayer fan game) is complete enough to warrant a beta build! Come join with Yea Forums at megamanroyale.com

I've been working my ass off making it for the past month. It's my first game
There aren't too many weapons and stages yet but I'll be working on adding more stuff. Fingers crossed that everything runs smoothly. If you run into any issues or suggestions please post them in the thread.

Attached: mmroyalestart4.png (1679x721, 197K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/jannyware/
html5gamepad.com/
megamanroyale.com/?1
iyfnzgb.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=b1TPP-U6lb8
youtube.com/watch?v=JDJZsUT1b0M
pastebin.com/M2Pbf8wF
youtube.com/watch?v=058FvETsAJc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Get in here! Also press F2 in the lobby to mark yourself as readied up.
When 75% of players are ready, the game will start

Attached: mmroyalebump.png (1699x738, 154K)

Fug it crashed I'll fix it in a second

Nice. Got dc'd though. Everyone's shots hitting each other is a bit questionable.

i was aboutta say... but it's real dumb fun so far

This. Also can I change the controls?

Bump

Thanks bros. If the server DC's you its probably because it crashed. I'm fixing it on the fly so it might take a few minutes.

not yet, but you can use a controller.

Attached: mmocrashsad.png (671x490, 61K)

Why is this not in https?

This is MM1 stages, yeah? I never played much of them but in this format I'll be more interested.

I haven't purchased a SSL cert yet, but I don't think it should matter.

MM2 and MM3 so far.
There's Air Man, Wood Man, Snake Man, and Top Man

With sega saying they support all fan games and will nit dmca people im amazed there is no Sonic Royale

>royale
fuck off with this shitty meme for literal twelve year olds

just finished up first place, this is actually really fun

Jump and shoot are reversed and it's fucking with me.

Did the server just shit itself?

Anybody else not connected to the server?

Kicked me out and now I can't connect to the server

CRASHED AGAIN FUCK SORRY GUYS BE BACK AFTER THIS QUICK COMMERCIAL BREAK

op fix u r game

op game looks neat so far
good luck, don't get hit by sega's ninjas

Z and X are alternate binds to N and M if it's any help

Fuck off. Sonic gets too many fan games and shit.

The server's up again try reloading your page if you didn't before it crashed.
Otherwise you can get ghosted so that only you can see your player.

sorry, it's a test before i "really" release it I guess. I have no friends to play mega man with :(

nice job. dinkster from top man's stage?

There are still heroes left in Yea Forums

Also if you are getting a lot of FPS lag, you should try using another browser.
Chrome works well for me.

that's the name

The game wont start.

READY UP NIGGERS

Get a tripcode

So let's get the important question out of the way, are you going to post the source code on Git for when this is inevitably DMCA'd?

You're obviously gonna get Capcom'd the moment it goes beyond here. What's your plan then or is it just a programming exercise for yourself until that point?

I don't think Capcom's ever DMCA'd stuff like this, they even officially released a Mega Man fangame once.

Mega Man Maker is still up, pretty sure they endorse it

Capcom is overall better about this stuff than Nintendo, for instance Mega Man Maker is still alive and kicking

Can we shoot each other or is this just lag killing me?

I got split off into my own snakeman level alone even though I still had "players remaining." Beat it and didn't get a placement notice

Same, now I'm in the lobby alone

Attached: 1546952133166.png (770x768, 480K)

I'm a huge FOSS believer but it would be so easy to compile a cheaty client.
Thought through this and I feel like a bitch but I'm going to release the source as a passworded .rar file.
If it gets capcommed, I'll release the password on twitter. I have no followers :( Pls follow me
twitter.com/jannyware/

will do. I don't know how to though because I've never tripfagged before

yes you can shoot each other. All of the hit detection is client side so you can jump over other player's shots

I did too also saw some people on the stage intro screen. No idea. I think it happens if people are still connected while the server crashes.

reload the page

This is a pretty cool concept and pretty fun as well. The one big problem is the lag, which everyone else has been saying. I look forward to seeing where this goes. Nice work!

Got into the level and was alone.

thank you! is it FPS lag, or server lag?

Attached: mmo2.png (1698x712, 149K)

Had a surprising amount of fun with this, OP. Lag etc etc, but the idea is great. I might try again later with a controller, I suck at platformers on a keyboard.

Attached: roll.jpg (856x934, 75K)

Very fun, but laggy. Both sever and client.

You can double jump off of rush if you throw him at the right time

I think it was due to the server crashing and not properly reconnecting everyone and the lobby got bugged.

Thanks I'll see if I can work out some of the lag. It's being hosted on my desktop. I don't have and FPS lag on Firefox Quantum or the newest chrome, but it is a very draw-heavy game.

Attached: eYk3cqQFvb.webm (1680x720, 1.47M)

Ohh You!!

Attached: 2019-08-06 18_52_51-Mega Man Royale - Firefox Nightly.jpg (1137x505, 162K)

Dinkster you're a tryhard fuck but I still got you at the end

Oh you! ;]

Please press F2 you retards

Sorry I should have expanded a bit, I had zero lag with the client, it was all server lag that I experienced. Client was actually really smooth.

this match was weird, i saw that you were way behind by the time i got to the boss door, but by the time i actually finished the fight it said you were too 1st place

some complete bastard just used rush coil to bounce me into woodmans leaves

Damn, this game sounds fun now.

Make sure you save the boss weapons you pick up during the stage. They deal double damage and kill the bosses really quick.

how to play
this?

really? i was just applying all of my past knowledge from the games into trying to blaze through

Was the previous stage snake man for everyone else? I finished it, but never saw any other players

I think you really need something similar to the
>hit this block to start
from the mario one

>start up game
>takes forever for the lobby to get 75% ready
>go into Snake Man's stage
>see absolutely nobody else
>clear the whole stage and kill Snake Man with "20 players remaining"
Is... this supposed to be a multiplayer game?

it's better just to shrug hits and abuse invincibility frames

>Fighting airman with someone else
>They beat airman first, fair enough
>Then I beat airman around when a few other people just get into the boss room
>Somehow I don't even make 3rd place despite this

Attached: 1464760193915.jpg (473x355, 53K)

very fun, its very laggy but this is a much better start than mario royale

Finished in second place. I think this has potential. Jumping feels a little off, but that could be my memory.

That's kind of the balance against speedrunning through everything.
Enemies drop boss weapons, and the more you defeat, the more chance they have to drop one. ~(3/150) chance.

The chance also adds up if you don't get a drop so every enemy you defeat is more likely to drop a weapon than the last one.

So if you defeat multiple enemies, you get a 3/150 roll, then a 6/150 roll, then a 9/150 roll....

Snakeman's stage might have issues or something. It happened to me right after restarting the server.

Yeah I couldn't think of anything so I just hacked in "press f2 to start early". I need a better algorithm to start matches. Maybe a timer or something. Anyone know how mario royale did it?

Sorry. One of the main reasons I posted it here is to find bugs so I can fix them. Gamemaker has REALLY limited HTML5 websocket networking and I don't have any experience. First thing I'm going to work on is the game not teleporting everyone in the room together. I just had that issue again.

and it crashed again :( this is discouraging
AND IS THE CAPTCHA BUSTED OR WHAT

actually hate airman's stage now

Having a lot of fun with this, and it's definitely off to a better start than Mario Royale was, but you gotta do something about the lag / syncing issues
Hope you keep at it though, because like I said. I'm seriously enjoying this despite the problems

Unless you're an autistic fucker who can get the physics just right or close enough, Sonic Royale would suck. I know Sonic fans by nature are autistic, but they usually tend to keep their project faggotry in self contained projects that they never finish or share.

>Nintenbros paranoid to the point that they think every company issues out DMCAs as quickly at non-profit fan projects
Dumb bootlickers

Is it intentional that you can't see other players in the boss area? Also, this seems to take a lot of ram after a while.
Still a fun game, though.

this is horribly balanced

Thanks. Probably the worst offense of this is that it's a 10 tick server, and the server itself doesn't do anything except blindly broadcast stuff.

It's based on mega man 3 physics (with ever so slightly lowered gravity)

No it's not intentional. There's some bug where other players won't be visible in your room.
Your console is probably getting spammed with "Position update from a client that does not exist" messages like mine is. Try restarting your game for now. I'm going to try to patch in a hotfix in a few minutes or so.

Did you ever fix the jump physics? You can claim it's based off Mega Man 3 all you want, but that shit still doesn't come close.

Capcom endorses Mega Man fangames, i think they even had competitions for the best fangame

I see, thanks for the info.
I like the idea of no PVP zones. It'd be pretty annoying for precise platforming sections if you could get hit by anything.

It's cool user, I like it. You should use the original 8 bit music tho.

Airman down, get dunked on.

READY UP YOU FAGS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Megaman X version when? I want to hoo ha hoo.

Does this have a bitcoin miner implemented like Mario Battle Royale?

Wait what?

i'm getting fps lag, pretty much unplayable

This, or at least have an option.

He's full of shit, it didn't have a miner

could be fun if it worked

There was this rumor back before the game got Nintendo Ninja'd that InfernoPlus had put a bitcoin miner in it. It hasn't been proven true or false yet though.

It may be eating up your RAM, check the browser's task manager.

>join
>takes forever to start so I quit
>join with a racist name
>disconnected and can't rejoin
Fuck this garbage

Are you guys maybe lagging because of the music? It's all streamed which maybe is stupid decision.

And I think I know the cause of the players not appearing in rooms. They're not being re-created once you re-enter a lobby from a previous game.

Having written 100% of the code apart from Gamemaker studio's engine, I can say it does not have a miner. But I actually worked with the guy who wrote mario royale's server emulator. He helped me with a few questions regarding getting multiple games running simultaneously.
Is the bitcoin mining found in the original mario royale or just the rehost?

I actually like the cover versions. I was picky about which ones I used.
I could add an option to use original music sometime.

>It's all streamed which maybe is stupid decision.

Attached: 1511518938108.png (452x446, 116K)

>lostboy.com

if you arent at the towers you are a faggot

welp it's got the Beta band-aid for a reason I guess

PANIC

Holy shit the names here are gold

Attached: 1518163511191.png (252x252, 29K)

>get to Snake Man
>server disconnect

Attached: 7.png (365x320, 282K)

im smegma man

>game starts up
>0 players for over half a minute
>30 players online yet I can't see anyone
>beat the boss but I don't even know if I'm the first one

if you jump far enough to the right in the lobby you see into the void

I'm getting some memory leak from the server.
I have each projectile stored with an ID, and I don't think it's getting deleted when it should.

it's scuffed. sorry.

It's a fun game, but god damn, I cannot play this on a keyboard

clientside bgms plz

Is that you?

Attached: firefox_2019-08-07_03-08-01.png (1662x710, 197K)

>in fight with Top Man
>clear him out easily
>only Clientsidemusic is there, still fighting
>no placement, not sure what's going on
>Clientside finally clears, 1st place
>someone I never saw in 2nd
>3rd is a blank name
...Did I do good?

Also, how are people having trouble with Top Man? Has nobody played MM3 before?

help me

Attached: help.png (1716x763, 129K)

fucking flying beyblade platforms

Here's hoping it lasts longer than Mario Royale.

No.

indeed

Cunny you fucking Bitch stop shooting me, i will literally fuck you in the ass

T. Protoman

I also beat him before Clientsidemusic but the server didn't register that for some reason

HOW ARE THESE FUCKS GETTING UP THERE?

READY UP U FUCKS

>gamemaker

fuck snakeman stage reeee

what's the song that plays in the lobby?

>0 players remaining

you can jump on a midair rush coil that's thrown by another player (or yourself if the timing is perfect)

hmm?

Attached: TWSBdyj.png (572x326, 20K)

what's this in american

Snakeman is pretty easy, just kill all the heads.

If you jump and fire the Rush Coil EXACTLY immediately afterwards, you'll land on it on your way down from the jump and get a bounce much higher. Other than that, getting help from somebody already up there will work. You can bounce off other people's Rush Coil as well, so bounce off someone else's and throw out yours with the right timing so you can bounce off it in mid-air.

I couldn't help it senpai, I thought you were gonna fuck me over too.

english website, moron

site dead?

Is something up with my controller? It has it so I have to jump and shoot at the same time, making certain enemies a pain

needs just a bit more polish to be fun
I can't see anyone else even though it says 30 players left

stuck on loading

im trying this out tomorrow

uBlock Origin always throws these when it finds a known malicious link/document in a website before it can harm you and then warns you about it, atleast to my understanding.

Googling "iyfnzgb.com" results in several malware removal forum posts.
Fick dich nigger.

Gotta tell you brother, I grew up playing Megaman fighting shooters on byond, I'm really interested in this. I know this is kind of based off that mario royale game, but have you considered making something more pvp focused?

WHERE IS THE VIDEO GAME

Attached: 1523860151836.png (252x238, 3K)

I just updated it with (I think) client side music. Hopefully it fixes stuff, reload the page. Players still won't load correctly though :(

as you can see from this thread, I have no idea how to program. This game was just made for shits and giggles.

Thats a URL blocked by u-block, an adblocker. I don't know why you'd get that.

lots of polish will come :)

See if the problem persists in another browser and let me know. I've only tested it with my ibuffalo

is it just me or is there no audio

runs the same after reloading

Same user as Tested it in both Firefox and Chrome, same thing happening.

getting up to that platform isnt impressive btw

Tell me why the website of yours tried to open/access that link tho? The "izgbxxx" bs. It came from your website

You'll figure it out eventually user, just keep at it!

Pretty cool user, the lag is a real issue though.

Fuck you, I spent years of my life researching how to get on that platform

Attached: 1524194543657.jpg (300x222, 9K)

I killed morning wood man but i came in third :(

nice job user!

Attached: Works Pretty Good.png (1118x478, 40K)

In the credits room its a song by 130 Grit sound studio or maxim zephysomething

Which controller? Also please test it at html5gamepad.com/

If your audio is broke try

Only thing I can think of is that your DNS hadn't updated. I only bought the domain today and your old DNS cache was trying to go to the parking page (hence, the ad part) from before I bought it.

try what OP?

if the other players weren' laggy as shit it would be fun

oops. try ensuring the page refreshes by going to something like megamanroyale.com/?1
I updated the audio a few minutes before you had posted which might be the cause. The only music that's busted for me is the intro music. IDK

>Megaman fighting shooters on byond
Man, I spent way too much time playing those. I feel like a racing/royale game works a lot better with the engine, though.

Make it load faster

The lobby (I know this is an issue) or the game itself?

i came in first and nothing happened

lots of fun, hopefully it runs a bit better in the future

Attached: 2019-08-06 22_41_27-Mega Man Royale.png (1351x654, 7K)

wtf i killed the boss, waited for 20 seconds then watched someone else arrive and kill it and it said the other guys name as first place.

It's been fun, but the lag is just sapping my desire to play anymore right now
Are you going to keep making topics as the game gets updated Jannyware?

Attached: 1534116475125.png (868x800, 37K)

Why does it run at 3fps OP? Please optimize for potatoes thank u

git gud lmao

it's too busy installing malware

I seem to be stuck at the start doing a little jig.

The game is laggy as fuck. You can see people playing on your screen up to a minute after they've been there. Getting hit by bullets still seems to be real-time, though, which means you'll occasionally just be randomly taking damage for no reason as you get hit by their shots although you can't see they are there.

I'm on a potato and this runs far better than Mario Royale ever did.

same as . the game is coming along very nicely so far, i'm just eager to see what the future has in store for it. gj op, until next time

Attached: 1542698989826.png (500x385, 217K)

so the placing are also delayed? because it took a full minute after i killed the boss for any placing to be displayed

is networking really THAT hard that even something as simple as this cant run without having unbearable lag despite there only being like 10 players

Yep. It happened to me, too. I got into the room and killed the boss, only for someone else to show up and kill the boss for 1st place. I think I might've got 3rd then, but it was just an empty space so I don't know if I got it and it glitched my name, or if someone else got it and it glitched their name.

SILKY SMOOTH THREE FRAMES PER SECOND

the rooms are really broken. A lot of players aren't loading when they should be which is probably the main issue. If you reload the game every time you are done with a match I think most of the issues resolve themselves.

yes, I've used past threads and this one to get a lot of info on what bugs need to get fixed. I won't post another thread until I get most of the issues worked out.

I should get proper server hosting. It's currently running on my desktop which might be why.

Did the match start when you were dead in the lobby?

The main issue is that the game HAS to run at 60fps or it will slow down a lot. Unsure if I can even fix that.

Thanks and GGs brother. See you next time.

See last reply of iyfnzgb.com/ is just a domain parking page.

specs? I can run this on a 2010 budget Toshiba satellite using firefox.

I killed myself at the lobby and then the game started and now I'm constantly flickering and can't move

If it's all being routed to an average desktop computer who-knows-where, possibly. Though you obviously don't need high end equipment to make a server so it shouldn't be that big of an issue.

Besides the lag and random disconnecting, this is some good shit OP

More fun than I would have thought. rebindable keybinds would be nice. Also, if you are the only player in the lobby and ready up, maybe add a "are you sure you want to solo" check.

OP should talk to the guy who made Mario Royale, It think he'd be happy to help with the project.

He killed himself.

You should probably look into Sonic Battle R. It's not a battle royale, but you can host servers and get like 20 or so people in and race each other through different levels and play as Sonic characters or make your own OC. There's even a hub where you can just hangout and talk to people or watch videos together or some shit like that.

>SPECAIL THANKS: YOU!

Attached: 1203720468063.png (642x480, 256K)

can you fags learn to hit F2 so we dont always wait 10 years?

Don't fucking pull that.

Attached: 1564954807062.jpg (500x500, 45K)

can I have racist names here?

They did?

My Knee Grows

infernoplus is pretty chill, it could work.

Aware of this and will fix next update. Scripts get busted during room changes which is also the reason for the players not loading.

Thank you. I am really not happy with the state of it right now, none of this happened during when I tested it with myself. Lots of fixes will happen.

have at it

Street Fighter X Mega Man

It's not particularly good, but good will for Capcom was in the trash at the time and they were just doing anything they could to improve their reputation.

>sister will be occupying the pc for a whole month so i can't join in the fun
g-guess i'll stick with the X Dive CBT if i even win it

Attached: IMG_20190806_112557.jpg (194x356, 107K)

please no bitcoin miner this time

why is she
just use it anyways

>bossfights are nerfed as fuck and you fags still cant win
lmao

The pc is on her room. She usually lives out of town but once in a while she comes to visit

Attached: IMG_20190806_113013.jpg (154x249, 66K)

Why the fuck does everyone else have Metal Gear while I'm stuck with Air Man's weapon?

Is she hot? Post pics

No, besides she's a lesbo

Attached: IMG_20190806_112737.jpg (345x391, 205K)

If ya wanna have a bit of an easier time, You should get infernoplus to help. I'm sure he'd be happy to oblige.

Well it's hard to track down every bug in a MP game. Anyway shit's still fun

You seem to get them from random drops.

Hopefully this poorly done explanation can be useful. But i still think i fucked it up.

Attached: Rush Coill.png (2832x1352, 130K)

FUCK YES

the boss music gets fucked when it loops

Oh god, I killed a boss and the BGM seems to be playing over itself.

Did inferno make this or new dev?

inferno didn't do this

whats battle royale about this?
seems theres no interaction with other folks
love the game though

please use your brain before typing

You can shoot others when it's not lagging like hell. It also awards the first three people to finish the stage (...when it's not lagging).

GUTSMAN

Attached: GUTSMAN.png (600x420, 275K)

whenever i finish LONG before the others it doesnt seem to register my win at all. If i however finish around the same time as the others it suddenly works normally

i've killed the wind bitch about a full minute ago and nobody has arrived here yet. also didnt register that i killed him

damn op is this shit running on AMD lmao

I know exactly why this is happening. Will fix

just me but I'm a nobody :(

this is pretty cool, im loving it

I got halfway through Topman without about 24 players and it seemed to work pretty well. Not sure how shooting each other works, though?

giving us 3 lives is a bad idea, I can slide through all the stages and just facetank everything while barely killing shit and ill still make it to the boss with an entire spare life which is easily enough to bumrush him down

You did a good job OP. I look forward to playing it tomorrow, when my internet provider finally fixed their shit.

I think I figured out the problem. Whenever you tab out of the window, it freezes EVERYTHING until you refocus (including online functions), and it doesn't actually update when you return so you stay behind until you reload the page.

Hey OP, just did a quick playthrough. I'm loving how this feels a lot more polished and authentic to the original source compared to Mario Royale. Good idea on adding some Mario Maker elements as well.

Any plans for showing transparent players during a stage? Squads? More stages from other Mega Man games?

You can only shoot other players in certain areas. There's a "No PvP" sign that appears when shooting is disallowed (like at the cloud segment of Air Man's stage).
I don't like it though, I'd prefer to be able to shoot everyone at any time.

have fun with no special weapons lmao

Attached: 1524014358884.jpg (372x501, 32K)

this doesnt hold a candle to mario royale. mainly because there you would have to ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME because 1 hit = death. This royale is dumb, its basically just "slide through the enemies and whoever loaded in the fastest wins"

just don't try and make money. that mmbn fangame got shut down nearly instantly when they started asking for donations

Attached: 1563747414520.png (518x336, 148K)

Imagine not being able to get here.

Attached: Untitled.png (607x310, 17K)

they are useless. you can literally spam down the bosses with your normal buster while also facetanking them. Case in point: i won the last 5 rounds i was in doing just that

NINTENDO

and I had the opposite happen, some fucker beat me by like one second because he had a special weapon for the boss and I didn't

Attached: 1523841454236.png (692x577, 256K)

>21/100 players
>see no one in the lobby

Attached: nightmare.png (353x502, 491K)

Jesus, what is with the ear rape? Also, did the server actually track who won?

There's supposed to be a server announcement of who won along with a ranking at the end of the stage, but it doesn't always happen

This is fucking amazing. This is your first project? Well done dude!

When's Flash Stopper with friendly fire enabled?

Attached: 1470882949406.gif (264x320, 944K)

the map fucks itself if you try to go too much to the right

Attached: unknown.png (1134x491, 43K)

ZA WARUDO!

CAPCOM

Gonna try it in a minute. Sasuga OP.

>Disconnected
Shit game, I'm telling Capcom

How much, OP?

Attached: hmmmm.png (1680x720, 25K)

I want to mating press Roll-chan!

MY UNCLE WORKS AT SUPER MARIO CARD HE'LL CALL THE LAWYERS

When are the other Robot Masters going to be added in?

>game started with only me

Is the plan to make other characters usable as alternate skins? Proto man being the obvious option, but like Bass or even other robot masters?

Nigga's just barely gotten the game off the ground, let's focus on the important shit, not useless cosmetic nonsense.

Plz look into letsencrypt and just get a free cert, to do it just Google "certbot+Apache" or "certbot+nginx" or whatever ur webserver is. It's not safe to play your game in certain public spaces without it

Dude I just asked if that was a plan in the future. I'm sure the guy has at least a general idea of what he wants to add after getting the basic shit sorted. I was just curious as to what that was

>he can't get to the left buidling
NO EXCUSE

>Proto man
>Bass
who?

>tfw we'll never have that one megaman game where you can be any character but you have to unlock it with kills and then there's secret characters with kills from playing certain characters

Left building is old news, is where all the cool kids are.

I cant get onto the platform. its over guys

Attached: 1407267980351.jpg (500x484, 89K)

This is something I don't think I can fix, it's a gamemaker issue, I have to work around it. Unless there's some sort of extension. Gamemaker HTML5 is pretty limited.

Yes and I've had an absolute blast making it and I've learned a ton! Next time for HTML5 I'd probably use 2d canvas since it's a lot more customizable.

Will fix

I was considering making a few really busted weapons later, that would have super low drop rates.

I am keeping the no pvp to a minimum. Only where I think it's entirely necessary. Right now its only on that one section in airman.

i don't and won't accept donations ;]

dont know how you did it but I knew one of you fuckers would make it there

get in line

the other players are invisible for you. it's a bug I'm going to fix next update.

After I fix the bugs. Programming all the little enemies and stuff takes a really long time. Somehow I managed to do topman's whole stage in 2 days.

Maybe for winners. I don't like what the reboot of mario royale looks like with sans and friends running around everywhere. I think the mega man army is cute.

when wood man shoots his leaf shield at me, my bullets can go through it

Attached: 1525381029343.gif (680x799, 55K)

>first one to get to boss
>disconnect
FUCK

Attached: 1556413883637.png (1677x719, 23K)

I didn't play the reboot, but that sounds really shitty. I think the last time I played it was just the option of Mario or Luigi. I was thinking more along the lines of that Mega man 2.5 game with Mega man and Proto man as being playable. But good shit man, keep up the good work. Part of me was hoping someone would do Mega man next. I was super sure someone was gonna do Sonic.

>a bunch of megamans on the building
>they all put on the helmet and teleport
kino intro

Is the server ded?

Should I just refresh the page if it gets stuck on reconnecting?

>dont know how you did it but I knew one of you fuckers would make it there
do what described to get on the green platform, then do another midair jump off another player's rush coil

Up again it keeps crashing from some memory issue.
No, most likely the server ded.

I am gonna change my name to remind you guys to press F2 because I keep forgetting to do it myself.

In order to get to the bathwater section easily, You gotta clip through the credits wall to the left using Rush Coil. Its literally really easy to do.

Attached: BJxRfvusqE.gif (690x521, 2.78M)

which megaman would you fuck

Holy shit this is made in Gamemaker? I once tried compiling my game with it and everything just completely broke due to its nature (and seems to be the trend too). I commend you for even managing to make this work.

>game starts
>0 players remaining
>suddenly, Jannyware shows up
>a minute later: 20 players remaining

>load into game
>Air Man stage
>no other players in sight
>get to the boss
>occasionally hear the sound of megaman dying
>beat boss
>"press button to exit to lobby"
>no ranking
>never saw a player even though ~19 were still in-game
I had fun but it's obviously not in a state worth playing yet.

Also forgot to tell you I love this adorable drawing. Saved and (you)d

I agree

Mega Man Model X (Aile)

Ah, I want to fuck Aile.

how long did it take you to make this?

roughly 8000 hours

A week and a half

Yeah so my node.js server keeps ticking up 2-3MB every second. Oops.

I started around june 29. A lot of it was spent learning how to actually do anything. I could probably remake it in 2/3 the time now.

Gg "idk man"
This is really fun

this is fun but the controls could be better

Your life could be better

Let's talk about Megaman Legends 3, So is there any real reason for the cancellation other than Capcom giving a middle finger to Inafune for leaving the company? The demo was ready, more than half of the game was finished and even the english dub got recorded...so what the heck happened?! The worst part is that it was so damm close and now it's fone forever and people no longer seem to give a shit about it... repaying Megaman Legends 1 and 2 made me realize how much I need the third one...I can't believe some idiots still defend and support Capcom after the crap they did! But still I'm sure they have done worse,I mean just look at "SF V" and "Marvel Vs Capcom 4", maybe someday we'll get to play this...one can only dream.
Also Sera best girl!
youtube.com/watch?v=b1TPP-U6lb8
youtube.com/watch?v=JDJZsUT1b0M

Attached: 1538274354853.jpg (550x1200, 60K)

Good work, friendo. Love the game.

Do you have any suggestions
I would have liked to use left shift for something, but it doesn't work when gamemaker builds to HTML5.
I think the controls are somewhat cumbersome to get used to but I can't think of anything else.
Mega man controls are hard.
thanks. Hope to see you next thread

mexicanlefty right here, got 3rd on top man stage, then also got 3rd in snake man stage but it didnt count and it showed wojak as 3rd wtf

You could have a dedicated autofire button like MM11, because honestly people are going to abuse autofire anyway.

sometimes i hit some megamen, sometimes i dont

Instead of n and M I would have used J and K instead as you can find them easier on the keyboard and they are placed more in the center

i didn't realize sega was this lenient with their ip
that's pretty cool of them

This looks like a fun thread.

He didn't lie.

>He continued developing and fixing stuff
Good job, OP. Playing since you first posted a thread about it.

Attached: m1563308840600.gif (318x300, 215K)

wtf I'm stuck

Attached: 1561115194926.png (1679x714, 16K)

>guy named NICE >:] running around in the Wood Man intro
based

Quick heads up, the much wider screen size compared to the NES games leads to some parts of the stage having different approaches/strategies even with the same level design. For example, the second dog miniboss in Wood Man's stage can be sniped out from across the screen by jumping and shooting through the wall since the distance between you and it is right at the edge of your buster range. You can keep that aspect if you want or change it or whatever.

I DO however love how Rush is a physical thing that you shoot out and has an arc when you bring him out. Not sure how intentional that was but it actually gives a lot of potential movement options that the original games don't have. I loved messing around with jumping and firing Rush at the same time in the lobby. Keep that, please.

Attached: 1534533124034.png (525x550, 25K)

Are you going to pull something like infringio to try to get around crapcom?
I suggest Stoneman Royale

>get to the top platforms in Top Man Stage
Welp I'm fucked.

Alright, that's enough for a night for me. Good game OP, I hope you keep working on it so it can be optimized further.

Capcom doesn't pull Mega Man fangames unless they try to make money. They've left MMX Corrupted alone for a decade, haven't touched MM 8-bit Deathmatch or Mega Maker, and even officially endorsed Street Fighter X Mega Man (granted that was a PR move).

Capcom is more lenient with fangames.

>moving to the right edge of the lobby distorts the background

Attached: Screenshot_97.png (1205x716, 83K)

>MMX Corrupted
God that thing is still in development?

They did touch Mega Maker, but only to tell them to change the name to "Mega Man Maker"

Updownleftright, Z, X is a Jap control scheme that gets used a lot.

They cited "quality" reasons IIRC. It looked pretty damn good to me though. The new moves looked rad. And the graphics were acceptable for 3DS.
The truth is Yuna best girl though.

Attached: 1538088727772.jpg (1016x1200, 126K)

Fuck yeah. I can defeat airman.

wasnt capcom. the only reason it got renamed was because of "Mega Maker" being copyrighted by a company called Mega Maker.

I remember ya protobro, cheers man. I'm still chugging

There are a lot of sections you can cheese but I think it's interesting. I might slightly modify the maps if it's exploity enough. I did at the second cat in top man's stage.
The screen is going to be kept its aspect ratio so you can see more players around you. It's not fun getting shot by somebody you cant see.

It's in the game already but I have no dexterity in my left hand to shoot and jump at the same time so I hate it

later!

I don't expect this to get taken down. Also the amount of sprites from enemies and stages is like 10+ fold more than Mario so it's not feasible.

Nice job!

my connection is too bad right now to play, is this racing to the end of megaman stages or fighting other megamen to be the last one standing?

racing, but you can still mess with other players

Snake man's weapon just destroyed him oddly enough. Though I didn't stay long enough after the victory. Should I?

can you add slide cancelling for pressing the opposite direction from a slide? Also would be nice to have a dedicated slide button if possible.

Thanks, i'm really liking this fangame, is really fun. I'm interested in what next comes into the future, so good luck with your project.

Attached: F2.png (472x790, 29K)

>i mastered the art of getting on the left building
get on my fucking level, shitters

Lobby works fine, but controls don't work in-level.

>Also would be nice to have a dedicated slide button if possible.
That's heresy.

I played abit earlier. This and that Mario one just got me thinking. There was a flash game the had a bunch of characters from NES games like Link, Ryu Hayabusa, Sophia, Simon Belmont, etc. You should take the concept and apply this royale format. Pick any of those characters, play through random NES game stages, like Castlevania's first level, Ninja Gaiden's 1st level, etc again.

That's begging for a DMCA even harder than Mario Royale

Thats pretty fuckin cool man, good luck with that project

Yes I guess I forgot to add that.
I might rewrite the entire movement since it's pretty hacky and the first thing I did. Which is why you can do this LMAO you fucking win

FUCK YOU BBC I WAS JUST TRYING TO GET ONTO THE TOP PLATFORM REEEEEEEEE

11 gave you the option to macro Slide and it was fine.

will Capcom erase it like Nintendo did for Mario Royale?

no

Its been answered before, They won't unless he makes money off it, Which won't be JANNY's intention.

pretty fun but the net code is really bad, im constantly getting hit by enemies full seconds before they move towards me

still pretty fun, even it its current state. i shot a guy making a jump and killed him

Just wondering whats next now.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

Attached: 1529117534968.png (621x430, 467K)

100% of the hit detection is determined by your game and not the server. Thats why if another player tabs out of their game and pauses it, they will no longer be shootable (hope to fix this sometime)
You could be getting hit by a stray lemon somewhere.

not making any money off this. on the contrary, I bought GMS2 and am now 80usd in the hole.
But it's worth for the K N O W L E D G E

for the game? first is bug fixes. more enemies and weapons. I think elec man's zapper would be easy to program. Maybe some overpowered one-time use ones like flash stopper. Making this is more fun than playing most video games

Looks fun, but for some reason my controller spams inputs and I can't platform on a keyboard.

this shit is unplayable being able to shoot each other
yeah i realized after that post that im actually getting hit by the 40 other people spamming their buster at everyone who dares cross over a death pit

I think you should put netcode and online in top priority, I'd rather have a functional small game than a jam-packed broken one.

Question, why does X only go to Rush Coil? (Controller, Xinput) Just quick select?

>no players online
what the fuck man

if you are using 8.1/Studio I'd recommend using Mega Engine's physics values for reference since that seems to be accurate as fuck to the NES games and was made by the same guy who made Mega Maker
pastebin.com/M2Pbf8wF

git gud

Attached: 1448125493314.jpg (609x534, 50K)

mfw I eliminate like 5 people just by shooting them when they try to make the spinning top jump

Attached: 1549622085136.png (233x249, 72K)

Pretty fun OP, I remember playing the old version with the eye burning green screen lobby, surprised to see so much progress. I didn't realize I was this bad at fighting Woodman with the Mega Buster until today.

Attached: 1558028566370.gif (123x127, 10K)

Now we just need a MMX royale for this
youtube.com/watch?v=058FvETsAJc

Ready up you fuckers

Jesus the physics are fucking awful. I died like five times to the spinning tops.
>t. Long-time megaman fanboy

PRESS F5 FUCKERS

TAKE THAT TEST 21 YOU JSUT GOT FUCKING OWNED

easiest victory ever

Make sure your game pad works on html5 html5gamepad.com/

netcode is hard and I have zero experience with it.

yes it's a hotkey like R is on keyboard. Rush was going to be more important, was thinking of him giving you a temporary PVP shield when you jump off him. Not sure if it's a good idea and I don't want to over-design a simple game.

this is a good resource I did not know existed. Do you know what game it's based on? My guess is 5.

well I will probably rewrite them at some point. Looking at the terminal velocity is 7, while mine is 12.Probably the biggest offender.

is anyone else not seeing any other players in the levels?

As long as Flash Stopper has a small chance of displaying pic related on someone's screen while frozen then I'm on board

Attached: GUTSMANS_ASS_by_dmy_gfx.png (400x400, 25K)

Netcode user here

If you have trouble with netcode, Don't be afraid to ask others for help. I'm pretty sure they can assist ya.

>I've been working my ass off making it for the past month.
>spoiler
>Another "Royale" game made based on someone else's IP, within the span of a month
>Not taking the hint when Mario got C&D'd
Don't play dumb OP, I know what's up. But I'll humor you until Crapcom comes knocking to pay their respects for your hard work.

That being said, you should have made a Sonic Royale, then you would have been in the clear.

Attached: 1562611762847.jpg (1912x1072, 127K)

thanks buddy
it's a major bug.
will be considered :>
I think seeing some fag waltz across the screen for 8 seconds while everybody else is frozen would be funny enough

Bump

BUSTED GAME

Attached: BUSTED.png (2560x975, 120K)

PRESS F2

based

Capcom is exactly the same as Sega when it comes to fan content. Possibly even better, considering Sega will still end you if you make a non-Sonic fangame with their IPs.

Hey, Janny, make it so that rounds can start after a set time (like, 2 minutes) so players aren't waiting in the lobby for an eternity

I'm honestly not sure but it leans towards 3-6 in physics since those are the most consistent for the nes games, 1-2 are somewhat odd in terms of physics and will have some notable differences like having a max velocity of 12 instead of 7.

>beat boss seconds after the guy in third walks into the boss room.
>game doesnt count my victory and gives 2nd place to the guy who finshed 3rd anyways
broken game

You fucks, press F2 already so we can play

>finish the level
>go to the lobby
>get a message one minute later saying that someone has finished in 1st place

Attached: ?.gif (181x222, 33K)

holy shit, this happened to me too.
Janny, wtf?

Yes I've been trying to figure how mario royale did it so well.
The ready up system itself doesn't work as I want it to. I tried to give the lobby good music to make up for it.

apparently this is some wack issue too. Did the game count your victory at all?
It's very difficult to reproduce some of these issues by myself. I could have sworn the game was perfect when I made the thread lol
and correct me if I'm wrong, , but you were in the "Press F2" room when you saw it?

and to CLOUDDEAD if you are reading this, how the fuck did you show up on the boss start screen? It's an entirely different room set out in the middle of nowhere with no collision

>Did the game count your victory at all?
does mega man teleporting out and a big ass "press start to go to the lobby" count? Because it didnt tell me what place I got or anything.

>but you were in the "Press F2" room when you saw it?
I had the same issue as that user in an earlier round, yes I was in the "Press F2" room.
Man I love the concept but it's still really rough. I look forward it in the future once it's ironed out.

>and to CLOUDDEAD if you are reading this, how the fuck did you show up on the boss start screen? It's an entirely different room set out in the middle of nowhere with no collision
I see people pop up there a lot. They don't even seem to be aware they're on the screen.

im cLOUDDEAD
im either there because im chilling in the bathwater area, or it was when i was on top of the credits area (using the same clip as the one to get to bathwater). im not sure which cause i dont see myself on that screen

also id like to point out that the gear attack is busted because bosses dont have i-frames when you use it so you can just mash really hard and take down a boss after like 2 vulnerability periods

>Yes I've been trying to figure how mario royale did it so well.
Nobody ever used the "Ready" block in Mario Royale. The game just had thousands of players so lobbies would fill instantly.

God, this runs like shit.

>play a round
>every other player moves like once per 5 seconds
>randomly being shot by shit
>just use iframes from minimal damage buster shots to run through everything
>get metal blade off the woodman cat
>fire a few behind me
>hear like 3 people explode
>finish the level seeing nobody else
>don't get anything messages, just press start to return to lobby
>20 seconds later
>some other fag gets first place while I'm sitting in lobby
>being able to slide in MM2

It still needs alot of work frankly. If nothing else smooth out the player interactions but I assume you're hosting this on some craptop from 2006 in your closet or something.

It might be impossible with the code but woodman had no damage iframes so you could just tear his ass up like a normal enemy.(shield not withstanding) Honestly though I'm not sure we even need a boss fight, or it needs to be changed for the format. Maybe have whatever player reaches the room first turn into the boss and the winner is whoever survives as the boss for 30 seconds or a minute or something. Or think of some other creative ways to crown a winner.

I would suggest making default buster not hit other players as well. Boss powers are fine since they're on a resource and not everybody will have them anyway. And finally, everybody needs one life. Which is far more reasonable when you aren't being obliterated constantly by buster shots and players are working together to clear through enemies. Maybe have lives as a rare drop like in the games and keep extra lives where they are in the original stages but only one person can pick them up.

This can definitely turn into something good but right now it's pretty rough.

Yeah, remove friendly fire, but up the enemy count by like 3x

just got 3rd place, gg

No, when you press enter to leave the server removes you from being able to receive packets from other players in your room.
Winning is a single "I beat the boss" packet to the server. I think it has to do with the rooms getting fucked up
Not sure what to make of this. Very weird but thanks for the info.

thinking the same thing.

thanks I figured it out now. go to the circled area in pic related when the match starts to get featured on the boss intro screen

>I would suggest making default buster not hit other players as well
that is not a bad idea

i'll work on a potato mode that disables shadows and fancy draw calls, it might help.

Attached: mmr1.png (1184x654, 110K)

nigga just speedrun the actual games if you don't want to interact with the other players

god damn this shits laggy

Oh and to add on to this I don't know WHAT the fuck happened but while I was fighting woodman the audio started looping into itself or some shit. Suddenly everything was playing like 10 of every effect and music at once and was loud as fuck. Then it was silent after I beat woodman and went back to the lobby.

Maybe invisible player showed up or the game just fucked itself but it was pretty bad.

>potato mode
>implying old megaman games needs fancy 3D shadows

You fucking suck.

Listen cockmaster, randomly taking damage from sentient power point presentations who's bullets weren't even on my screen is not "interacting."

It'd be like if everybody was an invisible starnigger in mario royale. There's a reason power ups were limited. Hell you couldn't even use fireflowers to kill other marios. If you're going to have 75-100 people in one tiny ass megaman stage you have to make adjustments. And I said boss powers were fine but come the fuck on. The iframe abuse alone from the buster shots is stupid as fuck and I can't even begin to imagine if I were on an actual platforming stage like airman.

Fun, but netcode needs a lot more work. I can see this being really big.

Attached: 1552268621132.png (1676x718, 160K)

Hit detection is client side though. You don't take knockback unless you see the bullet hitting you on your screen. It's just like Mario Royale's stars.

But mine said I did. The fuck is this shit

Apparantly you can stilll fire after defeating a boss.

excuse me, I won that, thank you very much

You are saying this as if there was any sort of smooth animation going on. The other players are teleporting around and only changing positions on my screen every few seconds. Why the fuck would you assume their shots are doing anything different. It doesn't matter if it's visible in the moment it hits me if it just randomly shows up on top of me.

Attached: 1398416162987.jpg (397x529, 132K)

it certainly doesn't need it but we have the technology. It's supposed to look like mario maker. Why? not because I think mega man needs it to look good, but because I think it would be cool. Thats why you throw rush instead of beaming him in, because it's cool and you can bounce off of him mid air.

gives me an idea though, every time somebody wins in your game, a random shader gets forcibly enabled. after 3-4 wins you have nothing but a scrambled blurry mess of a game.

thanks will work on it
orly?
its client side

PLEASE NO MORE WOODMAN
LET ME RAPE TOPMAN AGAIN

works on my machine :)

Yeah but I don't think anyone notices.

taking damage from other megamans is pretty shit

>got second only because i got the worst possible special weapon

FUCKING NICE user.
CONGRATULATIONS.

Attached: 4cccf8367ee63a3c639987f859c3fc92fba8a03f513e8a210f98ebe0c7c0f2e8.gif (360x360, 1.96M)

>mfw snakes go under the Air Shooters.
Fuck you Air Man, I can defeat you. Give me that Item -2-

I think I will change it so that only boss weapons can damage other players. But I think being able to fuck with other people is the most interactive parts of the game and is a priority.
That said, I think it will still be just as fun once there are more weapons implemented to the game, and spammy ones like metal blade will drop rarely.
Also thinking of being able to replace rush with item-2. Other players can hop on too.
;]

The dog toss is great, there's so much ballsy shit you can do with it. Reminds me of the midair mega ball bouncing you could do in MM8.

>Also thinking of being able to replace rush with item-2. Other players can hop on too.
People are going to place it in ways that ram other players into spikes. I love it.

Maybe later down the line you could have the Power Adapter from 6 as a rare drop.

Fuck you Janny. Mean motherfucker right at the end too.

>be first
>get knocked down by a bullet on the last jump
FUCK

Looks really fun OP. Like another user said, fix the netcode a bit and shill it in other places and it'll get big, as Capcom is a lot more tolerant to fan projects and all

whats the button to shoot dude

thats one thing the game has going for it that i like. i like being niggerfaggot myself

Did I disconnect?

Attached: file.png (1695x741, 49K)

You should probably add a no PVP zone to the end platforms of snake man's stage.

>finish game, wait in lobby
>minutes later, get notification that someone else got first, then one that i got second
come on man

Thanks for playing and bearing through the server issues, everyone. It was fun. I'll keep the server up until the thread dies. I'll start working the bugs out in the morning.
bugged server lobby it will get fixed
I don't like adding no-pvp zones :( they feel like a bandaid

Attached: mmo3.png (1678x738, 196K)

Me too. I finished topman, and I'm pretty sure no one else had done so yet.

>tfw finished first a long time ago.

Godspeed in fixing your shit man. GGs all around.

shoutouts to n cortex being the only guy who was putting up a fight for first in half those rounds lol

READY UP FAGS

n.cortex and dinkster are monsters

If you don't ready up you keep us stuck in lobby.

>can't play because every retard won't ready up

>Reach final top area
>break boundaries
>Fall to infinity
Bugs aside great game. Very fun.

Is this fucking ultrawide ratio?

sweet

Attached: 1517087833120.png (522x593, 325K)

I refuse to believe people can't hit f2

Attached: file.png (1672x719, 66K)

FUCK YEAH, THIS IS FUN

Attached: WIN.png (1222x559, 39K)

>see dangerous jumping section
>stand still
>wait for someone to pass me
>shoot them as they jump
>watch as they fall
laughing out loud

bro I honestly forgot

you should put that shit in the OP so retards like me don't forget

Attached: 1521285400659.gif (540x304, 1.19M)

They're multiplying

Attached: file.png (276x274, 13K)

It ain't that hard to press F2 you guys

press F2 you autists

>tfw tanking every hit like a bitch

Attached: 14639558171406.png (480x271, 219K)

i hate these controls sorry user you tried.

>got first
>game bug out and now I'm at lobby
why

>almost every boss is easily beaten by running in their face and mashing shoot
They should do more damage desu or have more health. Like I beat snake man by just sitting in the left corner and mashing shoot and he never even touches me. Airman I just ignore the tornados run behind him since he doesn't turn around.

Fun game.

Hope this will stay around longer than the Mario Royale.

>climb up ladder
>another guy climbing up with me
>nigger shoots me
>fall down a bit and regrab ladder
>get to top
>nigger jumps to next platform
>shoot him in midair
>he falls to his death
i love this shit already

anyone else kill their rush?

Attached: r.webm (1920x1080, 1.52M)

I saw that, too. Ironic, since I had picked "Trap" as my username.

>WebGL is required to run this

how do I fix

>no "gay sex with hats on" tab

Better luck next time.

I'd guess you have disabled it in about:config.

Leave it disabled.

cool its complete shit

jesus christ please tell me there's a source for this somewhere before it gets DMCAd. as in source code not your stupid fucking website.

This is totally nostalgia cocaine.
Good job OP.

Fucking niggers stop making me fall off platforms

good stuff op. pretty janky, needs to be tightened up. hopefully we can keep having fun with this.

>get to Wood Man first
>others show up
>game audio becomes self-aware and immediately attempts to kill me with 4th-dimensional sound patterns

Attached: 1446995104452.jpg (282x282, 6K)