>boss on your ass 24/7
>years gone by
>game finally finish
>everyone shits on it
>boss fires you and everyone else
>another studio hires you
>rinse and repeat

lmao

Attached: 1529363177600.jpg (499x499, 18K)

I do the same thing but working in Microbiology in Pharma industry. Big difference is game devs get paid fucks loads of money but I don't.

holy based

lol no they dont

How about making a good game for changes sake?

They fucking do in comparison to what I make working as a Microbiologist. I only make 40,000 a year.

>game devs get paid fucks loads of money

Attached: 1564297734685.gif (300x223, 2.55M)

see

sounds like you're retarded
why would you get an advanced STEM degree and not make 300k starting

>he actually fell for the whining of onions latte munching californian pampered devs

Because when they say stem pays well they mean computer related stem jobs not biology ones.

Sounds like you have an undergrad degree from a mediocre school and no other qualifications or skills. What are you, an entry level lab tech?

>Be 25 getting old
>All jobs mostly happen because you know someone
>It's either mandatory overtime/wage slavery with barely enough hours to cram sleep and heal your body or jobs trying squeeze as much out of you by messing with your schedule and if you won't stand for it like pajeet who works for even less say goodbye to working there soon

Attached: 20190710_025605.jpg (918x1368, 780K)

Masters in Medical Microbiology. I'm not American so you wouldnt know the college I went to. Not a lab tech but may as well be considered they get paid nearly the same as me for less pressure.

Then learn how to run machinery like an HPLC or flow cytometer and get a job at a biotech company making double what you make. I know and I have studied at or worked at schools and institutes around the world. If I haven't heard of your school, it's not a good school.

>game finally finish
>shit game finally finish

Ftfy

I do know how to do HPLC. We had a module in it every year in college. I can do GC as well.

Due what lol I make over 50k delivering packages. Find a new job bro

Then why in God's name aren't you working at a biotech company running one of those machines and making a decent wage?

Because my Masters is in Medical Microbiology so all the HR people see is MICROBIOLOGY when they look at my cv and wont accept me for Chemistry lab jobs like HPLC and whatnot.

>work hours and overtime
>have limited breaks
sounds like a job.

It sounds like you don't have a single contact at any company. Part of grad school is networking.

I just studied and did lab work all the time. I didnt make any contacts but I got good grades.

>I didnt make any contacts but I got good grades.
You poor bastard.

did you do any research into the field before hand? you can make 60k starter with a BA in Acc if you go into the public sector.

Should have studied business you nerd lol. I studied Business and literally never went in to classes and just studied the night before exams or at most 2-3 days before exams. Didnt get great grades but never dropped below 60% in anything. But I used to go drinking with the lecturers so got friendly with them and one of them got me a job when I graduated.

Not him but BA in Accounting means nothing as you still have to do the actual professional exams after getting your degree. Professional exams are a million times harder than college. My brother is an Accountant and I remember he had to study constantly for months for the Professional exams.

>be me
>didn't go to college
>work at a warehouse
>reasonable production standards, good benefits, 40 hours a week with convenient shift options and optional overtime
>have more disposable income than college grads, also have a sizable savings account

Honestly what's the point of college in current year? Taking out 30k plus in interest accruing student loans to make 8k more a year sounds pointless.

>be a game dev
>spend about 2 hours doing actual work
>go and hang out and play ping pong all day
>wonder why crunch time is so intense

This is OP

DUDE LOOK AT THIS GRAPH MY UNIVERSITY SHOWED ME OF SALARIES WITH OR WITHOUT A DEGREE IDIOT

Your chances of earning well without some additional schooling are very slim, and with how many people do go to school even if you're great in your field and self-taught you'll get passed over because they can pick someone good enough with a degree and pay them less. That being said most people should be going to trade school and not college.

"additional schooling" is a loaded term. You can become an electrician apprentice that takes "classes" on the side, completely non-traditional compared to actual schools or universities

I've been looking around and apparently some states will even offer free schooling for "in demand" trades if you're past a certain age. Honestly if I had a kid in the current year I'd tell them to stay home and just start working and saving immediately. Realistically not many people are making over 30k/yr anyway.

Too true. The earning gap is almost null and void unless you're one of the select few who get a free ride or luck out and get a salary about 50k a year. The student loan debt cancels it out. Even trade schools are relatively expensive, especially considering most trades only end up paying around $18/hr in the entry level which you'll be stuck in for years.

My brother makes 60K a year as an Electrician. He's 30. I dunno if thats good or not as I'm a neet.

you don't need your CPA to work a starting position in public. just a BA and usually you have to work for several months as an intern for hourly pay (which if you do, then you can make a ton of money if you're working during the busy season because they'll authorize a lot of overtime)
you only need your CPA for senior/manager positions and up. which once you get to that point you can either keep trying for partner or switch over to industry and be making 6 figures with a regular day job.

>be me
>go to college
>150k starting with great benefits and flexible hours

Attached: uma.jpg (600x347, 26K)

I wish I was a computer nerd so I could have done programming in college and got like 100K salary job.

long term security, opportunity for higher career growth, opportunity for more flexibility, don't have to do manual labor when you get older.
I used to work in a warehouse and felt the same then the company got bought out and the entire warehouse division got the axe and I either had to start working my way with another company or find something else.
also depending on where you live you can spend less if you get your associate's at a CC and then transfer.