Rhythm games

>rhythm games
Why don't people just learn a musical instrument?
High level play in any worthwhile rhythm game is entirely muscle memory and pattern recognition, which is also what you need to play an instrument at a competent level.
Any time I see someone play really well in beatmania or pop'n, i wonder why didn't they spend that time learning piano instead of learning to play a very specific and retarded looking controller with huge buttons that is basically a piano for retards.

Attached: ferris no.jpg (720x1042, 46K)

rhythm games are fun
playing instruments arent.

fpbp

>why don't people just play football
>why don't people just join the army
>why don't people just race for real

Those require completely different skillsets and actual time commitments.

Any time playing rhythm games could just as easily be spent in front of a piano with no changes in lifestyle.

Honestly that's a fair point.

Well shit.

>Be decent at Drummania
>put me in front of a drum set and I have no idea what I want to do
every time

It is? Because with a piano, you're actually having to learn how to play, how you're supposed to position your hands, reading notes, etc. A game, you're just... playing a game with visuals and sound and having fun.

because they are entirely different processes you silly tranny

rhythm games also force you to learn to sight-read it's particular way of displaying notes, you associate patterns with specific ways to contort your hands to produce that pattern.

Why hasn't anyone competent tried to gamify actual notation yet?

because musical notation is horrible and crufty and has more in common with natural languages than something appropriate to convey musical information, it's not easy to learn, and most importantly, it's NOT FUN to learn

cute gay

Why is she so sexy bros...

>catboy with no sexual characteristics
>sexy

rhythm games provide an easier venue for learning what you have to do because it constantly temls you "Good job!" when you do it well and "Oops!" when yoy do it poorly, and all you have to do is press a button.

Whereas IRL instruments often take more finesse with the actual execution and leagues more studying and practice to figure out if you're even doing it right.

To make it clearer, rhythm games are easier than instruments, period, because they're simpler and more straightforward while also being jujed up with attractive stimulus to keep people's attention.

Bothers the fuck out of me I can't look at this gay cat without being reminded of the "wow she looks just like me" tranny image.

that's your fault for hanging out on reddit, I remember at least one subreddit where ferris is literally their mascot

What's a good way to learn piano?

I do both you massive faggot. Rhythm games you can play at any hour of the day and you can play a wide variety of shit without having to learn four instruments.
Rhythm games are also way more hectic, but then that's probably just me and what I play.

Don't blame Reddit. It's the constant /pol/ shitposters posting said pics here.

i mean theres synthesia but everyone just associates that with black midi shit. honestly as someone who plays lots of vsrgs i feel like i would be able to learn piano really fast if i had something like synthesia but less shitty

Learn to read sheetmusic (just the notes is fine at first). Best (and least fun) way to start is to do drills with chords and scales until you stop slowly fumbling around to position your hands correctly. This will give you a decent sense of what each note sounds like, what each chord sounds like, and will get you used to positioning your hands correctly. Then grab some sheet music from something you like and practice it until you're absolutely sick of it. Then learn another song. Repeat until you hate piano.

Because instruments take a lot more effort, time investment, money, and skill. It takes maybe half an hour tops to get good at a song in a rhythm game. Thay's a fucking warmup for a real instrument. The fact that you're even implying that it doesn't take time investment to learn one tells me you have zero idea what you're talking about.
t. horn player.

Attached: 1544903457277.jpg (253x420, 25K)

Is it still gay if its a cat?

>tfw I play rhythm games and play an instrument

Attached: 1564366812688.jpg (1024x1082, 476K)

this is so cringe

Attached: 1564585294688.png (797x448, 615K)

I suck at rhythm games and have spent two years failing to learn guitar and bass

does it really even matter anymore. does any of this matter

>no sexual characteristics

Attached: 02a[1].jpg (335x270, 19K)

fleshflute is not a real instrument

>catboy

Attached: d7c6d830d22a4f6350560277b369880d2.jpg (477x504, 37K)

Try again gay boy.

It's only gay if you don't swallow

>no sexual characteristics

Attached: no_.jpg (602x607, 130K)

>playing rhythm games and not shmups

What if I play both?

Then you're a turbo autsit

Attached: qjmrpdc9k2t11.png (640x311, 326K)

This is... KINDA what I was gonna say. I was gonna say it's a different kind of fun. Guitar Hero and a real guitar have almost nothing in common.