Reminder that this actually exists

Reminder that this actually exists.

OH NO NO NO HAHAHAHAHA

Attached: cheap smash knockoff.png (600x600, 140K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QdkPlZ4L-8U
youtube.com/watch?v=uELqQjkQNaw
youtu.be/RxTYkuSIjk4
youtube.com/watch?v=t7bl9Rp7Y9o
youtube.com/watch?v=DJIoZASXL2c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If the gameplay itself wasnt hot rubbish, it could have been fun. There's some loving attention to details in here

Desperate Sony trying to leech off Nintendo again.

Based Sony living rent free in your head. Cringe.

This. Just look at the concept roster, they really wanted to do right by the fans

Attached: PLAYSTATIONALLSTARS_img01.png (650x366, 360K)

How would you fix this game

Sony doesn't really have a lot of memorable, first-party characters to work with like Nintendo does. Looking at the pickings seem kinda slim. I can see Kratos, Fat Princess, Parappa, Ratchet, and Sackboy, but I couldn't tell you who the rest are. On the second line, I can only identify 3 characters, and seeing them get that weird talking head quiz character seems like a desperate attempt to fill out the roster. Seeing Toro at the end is kinda cool, though.

Like pic related. I love it, but I can only identify Ellie, Sackgirl, Kat, the Detroit: Become Human girl, the Dreams sprite, and the Tearaway character. No idea who the others are.

Attached: horizon__nombre_provisional_-4810107.jpg (1280x720, 326K)

Why did they decide to steal mechanics from Shrek Superslam of all things?

Should have used patapon maybe uberhero. Sony has too many humans some unique creature would have made worked better. Also where is a pilot from wipeout like the cover girl? As attacks they could just use the wipeout items.

reminder that smashfags are the only people who still think about this game. the idea that anyone would ever try to compete with their stinky game still makes them seethe.

Attached: 1366896591262.jpg (348x505, 83K)

>Sony doesn't really have a lot of memorable, first-party characters to work with like Nintendo does.
they don't need to. if sony ever decided to make another psabr, all they'd have to do to btfo smash is announce goku and spider-man.

Sony's brand is more about the console than the games.
The name "PlayStation" is good enough as a brand.
It sucks because there are a lot of series they own that look like something with "soul", as much of a buzzword that is.
But no, here's Knack and cinematic garbage 3857076 oh no why do people forget our games?

I can smell the mexico behind this post

I'm Brazilian.

Kys thirdworld subhuman

potato pohuehue

AAA LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD
LOOK AT HIS LIPS

When I was 12 (inb4 "zoomerfag") I loved this game so much that I had dreams of going inside the game and meeting the characters. My moveset heavily involved cloning myself, and my stage was a boxing ring with Epic Rap Battles of History as the soundtrack. In between matches, there was a break with a gym to train for the next match, a bar, and a McDonald's. I always had a burning hatred for Parappa in them for some reason, and had fantasies of assassinating him during breaks.

But fuck you, it's still one of my guilty pleasures. The intro cutscene with Madeon's Finale was more kino than any Smash cutscene.

this post is short but it's a wild, unpleasant ride

take a shower, smashfag. you reek.

Of course you're a Brazilian.

Attached: 1562267094092.jpg (765x598, 130K)

Reminder it's just a crappier version of this only on a 2D plane instead of full 3D.

Attached: shrek-super-slam-cover[1].jpg (3243x2143, 2.71M)

This so much

I still boot up KotH when the lads are over sometimes, it has no right to be as enjoyable as it is
youtube.com/watch?v=QdkPlZ4L-8U

Nathan Drake gets me every time. He look so goddamn out of place here.

The whole using specials to get kills pretty much originates from those 3D arena fighters. They work much better there too. Don't know why the devs thought it was a good idea to go that route. Using Smash's stamina system would have been better if they tweaked it enough. youtube.com/watch?v=uELqQjkQNaw

This game is still better than every smash game except melee, and even then its arguable

The only reason why smash still exists is because it has nintendo on it so nintenbabies play it even tho it has worse gameplay than all-stars

Why do we need to be reminded of a shitty smash bros clone from 7 years ago?

It really is shameful.

This. The funnier box art is the one with him on the cover too.

Go enter All Stars tourney at Evo then.

The roster is the funniest shit its what you would expect from a fucking parody not an official game

Attached: cecf2e56257f134f681cd7a71620b1680721e343.png (1000x1000, 33K)

If they made a sequel, who would they add? Maybe have Kratos and nuKratos be two different characters, have a Monster Hunter rep, and that bitch from BOTW with Robot Dinosaurs?

>Raven
>Jimmy/Kei/Yumi/Jake/Natalie and Specter
>Carmelita
>Lammy Lamb
>Ratchet/Jek reps
>LBP3 reps
>Robbit (Jumping Flash)
>Vibri (Vib Ribbon)
>Kiryu
>Klonoa
>2B/Nier rep
>Atlus rep (SMT, Dragon's Crown, Persona)
>Actual Dante
>Spyro
>Crash
>Snake
>Jill Valentine and other Capcom reps
>SNK rep (Mai, terry. Metal Slug)
>Tecmo rep (Ryu, DoA)
>Wild Arms rep
>OG Lara
>More SE reps
>Fucking Doomguy because why not
>Nep
>More Japanese reps
>Katamari and more Namco

Attached: neptune.jpg (391x3798, 354K)

Also Bloodborne, Sekiro and Souls reps in general

>Make evil Cole part of an alt moveset for Cole
>Same for nu and old Kratos
>Make Parappa resemble his Parappa 2 look better
>Base Sly of 2/3's art style
>Base Spike of Big Mission's art style and design
>Base Kat over GR2
>Base Sweet Tooth over Head-On and give him alts based off designs over the series
>Make Sackboy have attacks and alt movesets based off costumes of other characters

Abe and Dart too
And Dark Cloud

AND GABE LOGEN

What about stages?

>game is called all stars
>no stars except for kratos

It's not just the lack of soul, there's a lack of artistic sense here. Smash often redesign or tweaks some designs so they don't feel awkward next to other characters.

Attached: 1544753096605.jpg (345x386, 63K)

Some also look better in Smash than their source material.

What should the game's art style be like?

Smash's character design/modelling/animation team is not credited enough.

Attached: 1541270793151.gif (275x319, 1.79M)

Does legacy of kain have a rep in these games? I'd not than that's gonna have to be a tsk from me.

I dunno, maybe comic book-like, with thick outlines and saturated shadows. MvC 3 did it fine with that.

>all they'd have to do to btfo smash is announce goku and spider-man
Which would cost them an arm and a leg.

yeah lol those were dark days when sony wanted to go for that wii money

they literally deluded themselves into thinking they had a roster with the same charm and charisma as nintendo's

Attached: move-vs-wii.jpg (450x356, 22K)

Is this the most shameless rip off made by a huge gaming company? It's gotta be between PSMove or this.

they hyped up this exclusive kart racer the same year too

Attached: modnationracers.jpg (1301x1500, 426K)

It wouldn't feel as magical if they did that. They need to make a good game with a good roster, then announce those 2 or other equivalents.

It wasnt that bad. Not great but fun to play with friends over a few beers

What about Simpsons Road Rage?

That's because Sony doesn't have any.

>was later copied by lbpk

here's your wii sports

Attached: sports_champions.png (255x293, 149K)

never heard of this. what happened to it?

Nintendo literally just spams FE and mario characters in their smash games. They don't have much going for them too. I'd rather have 10-15 less characters but have them be different than 22 marth clones. Not to say All-stars is a good game, cause it isn't

at least that was a good rip off

Reminder that this was the "secret new game" that the Tester 3 winner got to test.
Thanks Akilleez.

Attached: 09uj8hu9jb4.png (613x512, 490K)

This. People forget the little tweaks they do to make even more realistic looking characters like Snake and Ryu not look too out of place standing next to Pac Man or Mario. Bayonetta for example had her proportions slightly tweaked. All Stars's problem is that everyone looks like a wholesale model rip.

What fuck ups and awful shit would you expect from a sequel if it happened?
Because if the first game was this bad, how bad can a new one be?

>Is this the most shameless rip off made by a huge gaming company?
no, you're thinking of when nintendo turned zelda into a shameless ripoff of far cry.
second place goes to nintendo ripping off littlebigplanet and putting mario characters in it.

Attached: ubisoftbotw2.png (1000x679, 215K)

>LBP invented level editors

I unironically really enjoyed this game

I thought it was God of War Ascension?

Imagine actually being contrarian and/or third world enough to unironically write this.

lbp didn't invent level editors, but you're delusional if you think nintendo wasn't taking notes when the first two lbp games got rave reviews.

>over half the characters from the first game cut
>all newcomers from games that haven't even released yet
>gameplay somehow worse
>a quarter of the characters locked behind a paywall
I can’t think of any other way they could fuck it up

The game may be shit but you gotta admit, the opening cinematic was great.
youtu.be/RxTYkuSIjk4

The problem is that games and characters that are iconic to early Sony are now multiplat

Imagine if
>spyro and crash were owned by sony
>final fantasy was still sony exclusive
>resistance and killzone had a memorable mascot

the problem isn’t Sony’s IPs it the lack of mascot characters in said IPs

in an ideal world for sony would have exclusive rights to these characters to make a core character list
>crash
>cortex
>spyro
>ratchet nad clank
>sly cooper
>snake
>cloud

but instead the last two are on nintendo despite breaking ground on the psone

>Thinking Nintendo was basing Mario Maker on Little Big Planet
They made Mario Maker because people want to make Super Mario levels and the Wii U Gamepad was a good vehicle for it. After LBP2 released nobody gave a shit about LBP besides people creating calculators and shit in it.

>Most of the characters being "normal people" or close to it
>They play similar
>More different versions of the same characters
>Unique characters cut

And also because Nintendo wants to find a way to justify erasing rom hacks and fangames
Now if only PlayStation characters were beloved enough to have that sort of content that is

Shit. Maybe. I remember PSASBR being announced very soon after T3 ended.
It's a funny conclusion to draw either way.

Playstation was always about appealing to 3rd parties. This roster sucks.

face it, they ripped off lbp. while we're at it, smash is a ripoff too. why can't nintendo come up with original ideas?

Attached: theoutfoxies.jpg (255x198, 9K)

nintendo gets fangames because their own games are mediocre enough for fans to think they can do better. sony doesn't get fangames because their own games are already god-tier.

This is what i like to call the "golden points of crossovers".
>Addition
"we need Crash and Spyro in this game"
>Representation
"we need to make Spike look like Spike and not a fucking goblin and probably showcase Ape Escape's music"
"if we're going to add multiple reps per series, Lammy from UJL might be a better choice than another Cole"
>Material
"this random jrpg protag may as well have more moveset potential than normal looking guy with guns"
>Creativity
"we could go nuts with how Parappa plays because his universe is silly but we must make the moveset fit the series' personality"
>Risks
"despite driving his truck most of the time, Sweet Tooth will spent more time often outside his truck to fit along with other characters"
>Base
"why is it a Smash clone when most of these characters are from 3D based games?"
"what about an art style that makes them fit and not clash with each other?"
>Variety
"if these characters fit that rule Valve used for TF2 where they can still be recognized as silhouettes, that's good news"

>the perfect PS crossover could be a fangame if some autist took enough effort and time

>dart got axed
The fact that Spyro and Crash weren't in boggles my mind like nothing else though.

I think this one is worse.
youtube.com/watch?v=t7bl9Rp7Y9o

Remember all the PC gamers writing fanfic about a PC all-stars battle royale and they put in gordon freeman every time?

youtube.com/watch?v=DJIoZASXL2c just make a smash game for valve

>Activision wanted money
Really not mind boggling.

Not only was the gameplay lame, but the art style was really jarring since it wasn't unified. Characters like Donte, Helghast, or Nathan Drake looked completely out of place with the likes of Sackboy or Sly Cooper

They should've either tried to make their own refinement's to Smash's gameplay rather than come up with their own version of the platform fighter (like slap city or RoA), or tried to make the definitive arena fighter like Power Stone.
I like the latter option personally.
It wouldn't have been as direct a competitor to Smash so they could more feasibly coexist, and the genre could use a big name in it again.
Not to mention the format would've fit a lot of the characters naturally.
Just imagine playing half that roster in Power Stone and tell me that wouldn't be easy to pick up and play.

Attached: bad_cgi_shrek.jpg (1253x691, 64K)

Servers closed last year

the doom mod samsara?

Kart racer with a focus on user-generated content by United Front, the developers of Sleeping Dogs. The map editor was actually pretty good good. Later got a PS Vita spin-off. United Front closed in 2016, while the servers for Modnation Racers closed back in october

They should make a second one but make it an anime fighter and have more Japanese characters.

And made by Japan Studio

And others like Palutena look worse. She's ok in Ultimate at least

What about a totally different genre?

>Is this the most shameless rip off made by a huge gaming company?

That's gonna be Jump Force.
>lol chek out muh super realistic anime game made in Unreal

This was really good actually and I miss it

Micro-transactions for those little player mascots, even third party ones.
Not learning their lesson from all the face buttons being its own attack button
No original stages that stand on their own, fusion stages combine a third element
More characters that play like hot garbage

I think calling it Playstation Shilling Battle Royale would be too on the nose.

>PSAS gets Shantae

>killzone

You mean the gas mask wearing British Space Nazis with glowing eyes?

Attached: kek.jpg (340x255, 18K)

Did they ever explained why characters moved so stiffly in the cut scenes that shit was awful.