FUN GAME MECHANIC

FUN GAME MECHANIC

Attached: TR-quest-Dark_Brotherhood_Attacks.jpg (1050x1050, 180K)

You see, back in the day expansions came on these things called "discs."
When you were ready to play the expansion, you inserted the disc into your computer and installed it over your base game installation.
Naturally, they assumed that users would only do this once they were ready to play the expansion, and not install the whole thing from the beginning.

This means there are some problems with playing the GOTY edition, for instance the Dark Brotherhood attacks.

There's been a mod that fixes this for like well over a decade now

But that was easy as fuck money and top light-armor. They were scaled to your level, at least on the PC version with its updates.

Attached: 1UGTp_gckMFSg0TxzidG_JXNz7Dsi2QJiM-YGe_RMLE.jpg (576x768, 63K)

Oh look it's a nigger
That said delayed brotherhood attack is nessecary. I'd even say delay it until level 15-20.

I like killing them for sweet early game light armour and enchanted short blades

Easy to mine armour and sell it to the creeper in the orc mansion or mudcrab merchant. Just use mark and recall, wait until they attack then rinse and repeat

>turn off tribunal until you're like level 10 or something
wow that was hard

>Dark Brotherhood
It looks like a fucking CHUD

Assassination is legally regulated in Morrowind via the Morag Tong, so any assassin who can't find an honest living must be the bottom of the barrel.

>he actually dies to this cunt
you are meant to kill him and sell his armor

Same.

The chance of them attacking you whenever you rest is ridiculous though.
You'd think after the 50th time they'd learn not to fuck with you.

>getting chased around by one of these in OpenMW multiplayer

Fun shit.

Skyrim has the same shit with dawnguard vampires in the old versions, master vampires attack whiterun and other cities at level 8 destroying NPCs and guards

unfortunately they break the early game by being too expensive, you can easily build up thousands of gold just on a couple kills. considering morrowind is predominantly about gearing up, this kills the game.

To those who wait to enable Tribunal later in the game, at what point do you enable it?

I wouldn't say that Bethesda has learned anything, ever.

this is the primary reason i like to get the delayed attacks mod. When i play i like to join a new guild and sort of roleplay that guild by not going to where I know all the good items are. Unfortunately i have already pretty much done all of the guilds and houses, some multiple times. So i dont really play anymore, but when i was a teen i was obsessed.

Guards murdered the shit out of them instantly in my game.

bethesda doesn't have to improve on anything since their games sell on name alone

Tribunal has level scaling, by which I mean that it's fucked up and hard at any level.
I was something like level 30 last time I played, and I ended up using God mode to get through it. It's just not very fun.

was there anything that killed the elder scrolls series harder than level scaling?

Attached: 1561313982945.jpg (900x1200, 190K)

bethesda itself

what kills the game is being a breton spellsword, acquiring the boots of blinding speed, cuirass of the savior's hide, and a levitation spell, and flying through the game, swooping down on enemies with your sword then zooming back into the sky to avoid damage. all while chugging potions that restore magicka for multiple real world hours.

please make a webm of the swooping in question, I would like to see.

bethesda killed the game by implementing level scaling

The devs at the time thought if you bought the expansion you were already a megafan of the original game and already beat it. It's why Tribunal has a minimum level 15 requirement to avoid dying constantly. They didn't anticipate the expansions would get bundled together and that was how everyone would play the game. Most expansions at the time were designed with this mindset.

The original Xbox port of Morrowind fixed this by preventing you from being attacked by the DB until level 6.

Attached: b368c8eebdbae66edebc07ad09d61cdaa93fc296224e588774221000d633bdff.jpg (1024x768, 192K)

Morrowind
Fun Game Mechanics

Pick one.

No, he means this.

Attached: CHUD.jpg (235x352, 38K)

>You think what you do has meaning? You think you slay me, and I am dead? It is just dream and waking over and over, one appearance after another, nothing real. What you do here means nothing. Why do we waste our breath on you?

Attached: 1563936499918.jpg (1000x1000, 161K)

my savegames are gone unfortunately

It's weird the Steam/GOG versions don't just incorporate that DB at level 6 fix. Seems like such an easy add and I'm sure it discouraged at least a few new players.

Loot not being hand-placed

Cave rats

I'm trying to imagine how bad these fuckheads are in Morrowind multiplayer.

Ascended sleeper scare me.

Considering you can keep killing this nigga and sell his shit for thousands of gold, yeah it IS a fun game mechanic.