EDF thread because I couldnt find one on vg and I cant find a discord either

EDF thread because I couldnt find one on vg and I cant find a discord either

You guys still playing this? Whats the best way to farm armor? Found a vid where a guy goes to the end of a map and wedges himself between a couple of rocks then proceeds to shoot flamethrowers for 10 minutes
>gained 17 points
There must be a better way.

Also, is there a difference in doing it on easy VS inferno? I'm talking purely about armor farming here. Obviously, farming in inferno will yield better weapon drops but are the armor drops better as well?

Attached: 20190729162405_1.jpg (1920x1080, 369K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZSnOjfIC7N8
youtube.com/watch?v=Ij4pdf49bxw
youtube.com/watch?v=cPosszP0Ywk
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1814868040
youtu.be/brxQ-WzrbK8
youtu.be/v7HwCzxXvdQ
mega.nz/#!pJtAVYpZ!9QS2RbEZBn6Uea41mldrjgqjuCxYoJdk3xh1hTR8WRE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

armor is the same any difficulty, so just do it on easy. that spot you mentioned is more for weapons than armor, though

Attached: 37806648_p0.png (1024x1024, 385K)

the method you mentioned is more for farming weapons on inferno.
for armor, do level 40 as air raider with whatever vehicle has the most armor. destroy 2 of the landing ships and leave the third one. then go recruit the grim reapers, get in your vehicle, and park it directly under the drop ship.
the reapers will kill all the ants the instant they land and your vehicle's large pick up radius will gather all the armor. you can leave it afk for about 4 hours and get around 400 armor per run. and there's no difference in the amount of armor per difficulty so its best to do it on easy, since you might still die after a few hours.

Yea the "better way" is to use cheat engine. Otherwise it's quite literally designed to be a long massive grind and you'll just have to deal with it.

It's bad enough trying to get good weapons but armor just adds to the grind.

Speaking of, how do weapon upgrades work? I have a G1 shotgun that hasn't reached max potential yet it hasn't gotten any further upgrades despite finding duplicates.

i hear that the stats of any weapon drop are randomized, and that it only upgrades if any of them happen to be higher than what you already have. so its just luck

That sucks man. I really need that reload time to go down to make it worth my while from what I'm using now.

Thanks for letting me know how it works though.

Any Piratefags playing? I just blasted through Hard Offline and unlocked Hardest and Inferno, so now I can actually join rooms now

i might play if you manage to get more than 2 people

Just completed the main game as well, mission pack 1 is ten missions. How many are in mission pack 2? Are they actually hard?

mission pack 1 is 15 missions, and pack 2 is 14 missions

Attached: 68200756_p0.jpg (1600x2000, 1.47M)

>There must be a better way
Mission pack 1 mission 4

Attached: 1538875239284.jpg (1155x679, 257K)

This. Do it on easy in split screen mode. Kill everything but one drop ship. Now you'll need either a Wingdiver with a .5 second reload rapier or a Fencer with dual flame throwers. Rubberband your controller so that it is always firing and aim where the wasps fall out of the ship. For your second character, you'll need either a Ranger with a large collection ring or an Air Raider with a Titan tank. Park the Ranger or tank under the dropship and he will automatically collect everything. Then just AFK for an hour or so. Keep in mind that there is a cap on how much you can get in a single mission.

Any other piratefags suddenly lost online?

Nvm, I'm back on and it looks like other lobbies didn't get booted
I've just got shit luck apparently

Lysander ZF, Lvl 112, 4080 DPS
150mm Cannon ν Lapis, Lvl 87, 4630 DPS
Limpet Sniper ZD, Lvl 87, 3750 DPS

Why again aren't air raiders using the sniper?
It is extremely easy to hit with it, you do not miss like with the gunships, you can actually hit airborne enemies, it is almost as powerful as the highest level sniper rifle.
It does have a blast radius of 2.7m so you can blow yourself up if you get grabbed by ants and tadpoles. You can circumvent this by not being grabbed or shooting the feet.

Combine the limpet sniper with airsstrikes and fight on the frontline instead of calling in airstrikes on your allies.

It's not as fun as spamming airships and airstrikes.

No zoom and you have better options. Also, Ranger's snipers suck in EDF5. Limpet guns are really only good for underground missions.

Is this the correct stage? I'm not seeing any landing ships

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1080, 3.31M)

brutal battlefield i think, not that one

nah i think thats 41.
the one im talking about is called "brutal battlefield"

>just passed 100 hours played
>still dont have enough armor on any class to reliably tackle late hardest missions, to say nothing of inferno
i dont really wanna farm, but damn

i miss the tunnels, now monsters just kinda pop outta the ground like daisies whenever the game needs them to

farming is inevitable if you want to complete the higher difficulties.
unless you're playing online and you find someone to carry you

buyfag
Yea Forumsdf
rage
Hard
starting on 65 because I need medals

After 300+ hours I've only got 7400 for Ranger, 6000 for WD, 6600 for AR, and 8700 for Fencer.

I just played straight through hard/hardest/inferno on the same class, and it's enough armor. I'm hopelessly under-armored for other classes though.

I started playing 4.1 and I noticed some weapons have a weird aiming behaviour. Like playing a wing diver and flying forward and your weapon just shoots at the sky instead of where you aim. Basically wasd overrides mouse aim. Is there a way to disable that?

maybe thats what the "lerp" option in the settings controls

You don't need that much armor for hardest, I beated hardest with 1500-1000 armor, I'm also beating some inferno missions with random as long as they use good strategies. This probably doesn't apply to the DLC, you need 5k+ armor or something

omw

Attached: wd.jpg (659x609, 365K)

YOU BETTER BRING IT

I'll show it to them when they get in range

I can't get the hang of air raider. I feel useless unless stuff is bunched up, not moving, or slow as shit. Maybe it's because there's so many cave and under-a-mothership missions at the beginning. Maybe the early gear sucks in comparison. I just can't get into it and I'm dreading doing the next 70ish missions.

Okay got it.

You guys got a list of good wingdiver weapons? The descriptions doesnt really give a good enough context. I'm looking for weapons that can hit a lot of enemies at the same time

Attached: Untitled.png (1440x810, 2.73M)

mirage 15 with big bang core

actually you probly dont have either of those yet.
whats the average level of the weapons you have?

around 50-60ishh. Trying to join some inferno games for higher stuff but finding good (and patient) carries is hard

>This is bull team, prepped and standing by

ok then maybe stardust cannon, gleipnir, whatever the best mirage you have is, maybe a multibeamed reflectron laser, a multishot pulse machine gun. and the explosions from plasma weapons can take out multiple closely grouped enemies. a lot of it is just trial and error with different loadouts

Multishot is kinda weak, the best weapon for multiple enemies at once is probably an electric weapon. Bows have aoe where they hit, and crossbows have penetration (even though it's not listed as PT)

Stardust Cannon. The first one is lvl 20.

the answer is always dragoon lance and phalanx

Lasers are garbage in EDF 5. They made it to where they get weaker the longer you use them, so you'll need to reload at about 2/3 of the magazine to keep damage high.

fun games

Attached: 2019-08-06 20-05-27.webm (696x392, 2.85M)

They should've sent a poet

So whats the best version for online co-op at the moment, EDF 5 or Iron Rain (PS4)?

I already played 4.1 and the vita one to death

But didja plat 'em?

Do you mean the pulse weapons? The ones called Ixion, I believe?
Those are actually intentionally shitty. I heard they were pretty OP in the previous game so they were crippled into uselessness. In EDF5 there's a few other weapons that behave the same way, and some of the pulse weapons are kind of okay.

It's a small price to pay for a hitscan weapon with some range to it. It's a shame that the laser snipers are worse.

sheesh you guys make these quick

I like to set my own goals so I dont bother with fake dopamine farmimg like trophies. See, instead of chasing them like a dog they drop by surprise as I enjoy and leave it as it is in the pleasure of the moment.

Is there a way to bring up the actual quick chat menu as seen in the options when selecting your messages to put on the wheel? Or are you stuck with just 8 slots to use?

yes, I wasn't sure if there'd be more weapons like that since I just started

Arrow keys.

On PS4, use the d-pad to chat. I dunno what you do on PC.

>items arent autopickup when a mission ends
Why though? I remember playing an older version of this game that had that feature

mouse 3 to honk the horn

Attached: c1a.png (300x213, 49K)

youtube.com/watch?v=ZSnOjfIC7N8

Attached: bEEEEM.jpg (1280x1707, 347K)

really? what one was that?

cant remember if it was on the psp or pc but I do remember playing an edf game where i didnt have to stress out on checking the entire map for missed drops

Spritefall scientist is best girl.

new hard lobby
Yea Forumsdf
hard
lvl 55

dammit, I'm cooking dinner right now and you post a lobby on missions I actually want to do
I fucking hate you user

I call bullshit. I've played 2, 2017 Portable, 4.1, 5, Insect Armageddon, and Iron Rain. None of them had an auto-pick up. The closest thing is the 30 second timer in Iron Rain.

i'll redo them when you're ready user

>mfw it works
100 more hours of gameplay right there

Attached: 1562440823191.png (340x236, 126K)

I like the ambulance horn, it's like an auto-tuned siren

Helicopters are fun, I sure hope they get better

No, only you get better, join me in ruling the skies and plummeting to your doom as soon as the ayys decide they hate your guts again

Attached: 1563598132110.png (1000x1000, 1.19M)

I cant do it, they look just like us.

I don't mind flying a brick shithouse, I just wish the guns were strong

Okay good, what's the highest lvl one you have because like all other vehicles etc they def do get better power-wise

Room name: riki6
No pass
HARDEST
107. Scorched Earth

Help me!

Also, say something when you enter. I'm drawing.

I'm doing ranger/AR on hard, using 30-40ish range right now. I have higher level drops but I'm waiting to use them until later difficulties. Liking Nereid, not really liking anything else. Also, it looks like Ranger has more heli options than AR. I don't mind how bad they are, I just love flying.

Draw a Fencer for me user~

The Railgun tanks are pretty good for killing Pylons from a safe distance.

Haven't ridden a nereid but if it is the same as in 4.1, then AR is better off. The vultures in that got stupidly nimble in comparison to earlier iterations and the dual gatlings have a high ammo supply with solid damage. Napalm launchers on them are okay too, but not exactly the best.

I'm so happy they blindsided us with the release on PC, me and my buds beat campaign and are ready for inferno
Gonna be up for another hour, any dumb drawing ideas?

wingdivers dropping out of the sky while doing the squats emote, or maybe the dancing one

or maybe an edf take on this
youtube.com/watch?v=Ij4pdf49bxw
or pic related

Attached: 1509048172518.webm (270x480, 100K)

this but with a ranger on free bike, and no stick.

Attached: file.png (500x680, 240K)

Can someone explain how does piratefag online work? It's not peer-to-peer, so there's a "pirate" central server somewhere? Am I fucked when it shuts down? Will I be able to transform into a buyfag while keeping my savefile?

Steamworks spoofs "Spacewar" a free Steam game that has online. I don't know the specifics, but it works for tons of games, it's been around for years, and it's not going away anytime soon. The online piratefag population might die out in time, but Steam probably isn't going to fix it.

It uses "Spacewar" - Steamworks demo app to exploit its online functionality if I recall correctly.

Oh yeah, and you can keep your savefile if you go from piratefag to buyfag. At least, it works for going from Steamworks to Steam. Mine switched over perfectly, I can even go and play in pirate lobbies and it updates my legit file.

Yeah, I figured it uses Spacewar to spoof Steam game ID, I'm more curious how it allows for online play while keeping playerbases separate ('cause of different game IDs maybe?).

Oh that's cool.

Dude what? I literally never farmed armor and despite only have 80 hours I had 2k life on both my ranger and my air raider.

aight

Attached: 1549350789441.jpg (1442x1071, 192K)

why do wing divers always smell like salty coins and milk

Attached: ant.png (1400x1800, 443K)

So what happened to barda after the fight with godzilla?

haha good. thanks user

they used it to build more bargas

Attached: ant 2.png (1400x1800, 661K)

>wingdiver
>get stuck in giant super web
>spend like 10 minutes shooting it until I'm free
>dash into another one
This was almost a week ago and I'm still mad

Attached: 1459462602606.png (228x223, 66K)

>naked ayy running around with his dick out
good stuff user

Attached: America.gif (105x101, 4K)

>salty coins and milk
grape jelly and ozone

thanks, here's the definitive directors cut now with fixed 'ayy' speech line for maximum comedy

Attached: ant 2 directors cut.png (1400x1800, 661K)

That's why I always bring a rapier when I know I'm about to fight the big web spiders. I also learned to boost towards the spider when it starts pulling you in, that way you can kill it quickly without taking too much damage.

forgot quote

Yeah I wont make that kind of mistake again, but it was just one of those huge ass webs with a million health so getting stuck in it is a death sentence if enemies are around. I flew into it and wasn't dragged in by aranaea

Room going back up, brief detour to 38 and 39 for a % gap.

vdf
Buychads, legit looters, simple instruction followers only
Mission 95 hardest
WEAPON AND ARMOR LIMITS REMOVED, 70% completion
rage

>flying carefully through aranea levels
>someone shoots the web and it shakes like a big bowl of jelly, catching you
REEEEEEEE

nah, the version with the Ayy backwords makes more sense, because all their audio is japanese played backwards

What do humans and ayys say when the voices are played normally?

Same lines as EDF soldiers iirc

What weapons levels i shoid have before farming DLC in Hardest?

Fuck, wing diver is so OP that I can't play as anything else.

true

Grit shot is pure trash but I love using it

deepest lore

Favorite gunship caliber?
105mm feels meh with 1 beacon only
150mm is in mission with only big humans and ayys
120mm feels the right spot for general purpose vs monsters

autocannon autocannon autocannon
if i have to pick from the 3 i'd say 105 though

Attached: 1531404656973.jpg (528x485, 27K)

I usually go with 150mm just for the versatility. 105 is great but the reload is ridiculous. Then you have Vulcan which has insane single target dps but that won't save you when spiders are closing in and your Ranger is busy aggroing every group he can see.

The level 70 something quadruple 150mm cannon is actually super good until you hit super late game even though it has a slow rate of fire. After that is of course the late game 150mm Lapis.

People generally take Vulcan or 105mm so they can multitask but in my experience I always have no real protection from swarms because the WD and Fencer are too busy fucking off and trying to take too many objectives too fast and aggroing the entire map so 150mm is best until you can get your mech out.

>tfw want to play Ranger just for Sargeant
>The Blazer is locked behind DLC2
It's not fair

EDF - "They look hideous. So inhuman!"

AYYY - "!YYYANI oS .suoedih kool yehT"

Holy shit I can hear it now for some reason.

I love when the frogs get that sad look on their faces and do that strange, sad blink when they know they're completely fucked.

Best weapons for clearing spiders as ranger on hardest/inferno? Shotgun isn't doing well for me since they dont stack up like alphas and they're already trying to web you from all sides when they get into effective range.

Shotgun is still your best bet, not because of the penetration but because the spiders usually jump closer to you before attacking and don't move fast, letting you hit one with all of the shotgun's pellets per shot, which one shots them dead, simply aim for the closest one coming and you should be fine. With a rifle you would instead be pelting the same spider for a few seconds before it died, and sure you could do it at longer ranges, but that time you spent pelting one spider has let the other 5 move up on your face where they will attack you now.

If your problem are silvers then you're just plain fucked, ain't nothing ranger can do about those shits other than point blank shotguns to try and kill them as fast as possible, don't even try to use a rifle against them, you'll tickle a single one to death in 20 seconds with even your most powerful rifle which will get you swarmed if you do, or let the silver live to give you a bukkake if you don't.

probably the single shot assault rifle line with an autoclicker
good range and only a small damage reduction at max range
some shotgun only if they'll definitely be getting really close

Shotgun, ranger is just hardmode with far less mobility options than fencer and WD. If your teammates aren't performing up to task, then you're just fucked (more than other classes).

>If your problem are silvers then you're just plain fucked,
Super Acid Gun
at least in hardest

EDF is made to be solo with any class.

Gitgud. Crutching with other classes is a sign of perma-bad.

I was clearly referring to online. Sure you can beat offline with careful planning, but if you play online and your teammates leave half the enemies alive with 3x health before they die, it's not going to work as well.

>ayys entrusted the earth to us thousands of years ago and are only attacking us because they are pissed at what we did with the place while they were gone, and we dont remember them or their teachings

>they wont even use nukes/WMD on humanity because they want to try and save the earth from us

Attached: wake me up.jpg (1280x1556, 452K)

>red
0/10 should have been green

>beat hard mode
>jump right to inferno mission 1
>think Ill be a tricky cunt and farm some inferno weapons
>single ant instakills me with a couple acid splashes in the first fight with a couple ants

EDF5 inferno doesnt fuck around.

Attached: oh really.jpg (720x720, 58K)

shotgun is still your best bet IMO
Also you can skeet shoot spiders mid jump and send them flying a gorrillion meters away which is hilarious and never gets old

Been doing it on hardest as a Ranger with a friend as Air Raider, just the two of us. Currently on the last 15 levels or so on Hardest and it's handing our asses back to us. But so far everything has been beatable with some strategy, makes some missions insanely long.

I can't even imagine Inferno. Weapons are really starting to fall behind now without farming them in an easier mission further along. Am I making things too much more complicated by not just playing some easy-ish missions on Inferno?

>japanese player joins lobby as Ranger
>loadout is rocket launcher, missile launcher, and lock-on device
>he autistically shoots the rocket launcher (which is wildly inaccurate) at enemies that are hundreds of meters away, missing most of his shots and totally flattening the map
>levels the entire map on a mission with beam-shooting cosmonauts, leaving us with no cover
>aggros every enemy on the map, then runs away and leaves the rest of us to deal with hitscan enemies and no way to avoid them
>goes out of his way to pick up health even when he's at full HP
>kick him out of the lobby

why are they such cunts?

>trying to get good weapons by playing on mission 1
Let me save you some trouble by telling you that hardest mission 1 gives shittier weapons than hard mission ~100, and inferno mission 1 gives shittier drops than hardest mission ~100. Go look up drop lists if you want to farm.

How do I not suck at Fencer? I know a little from playing 4.1 and was ok with dash-canceling, but that doesn't work now. What's the trick to being mobile as a Fencer?

Attached: why_dont_they_look_this_cool_in_EDF5.png (962x653, 596K)

>Missiles strikes looks cool and are devastating agaist hordes
>lmao Phobos is faster, with basically no reload agaist hordes and does the same fucking job
Is any saving grace for Missiles or i am too dumb to really understand them?

>can't call Hooligan Cannon strike
but why
They could have make it a single shot extremely long cd

One of your pairs of weapons needs to be a dash-boost weapon and a jump-boost weapon. Dash then immediately jump for a fuckload of horizontal momentum.

You're not really a fast tank anymore, you're more like a fat wing diver.

Gay fanfic.

Dash then jump in succession in order to go fast. Equip modules for extra dashes and jumps to do this multiple times an fly across the map.

When you exhaust your dashes and jumps, you have to wait or walk on the ground a bit before you can dash-jump again. Pick dual blast spears to spam on the ground in order to keep moving during this cool-down.

I definitely don't miss the tunnel missions where they constantly poop out more ants which block the access to the tunnel entrance so you can't shoot it. It's not a problem with new teleportation rods since monsters don't block your shots anymore.

On the other hand the "tunnels" come back in 5 with vengeance in underground missions.

Attached: 1565112315620.jpg (385x353, 30K)

>ayys elevated homo erectus to Sapiens
>teach them cool shit
>fuck offs
>returns "REEEEEEEEE JOE, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!
Shit parents, they can go fuck themself

Room finished, much love to my fellow air raider. Good times.

Aside from him, though, we saw a bunch of retarded rangers using shotguns all the time when not appropriate. Yes, shotguns do great damage up close; trying to sit at the very edge of your range and miss monsters and tickle armored ayys with it invalidates that. We had two rangers constantly hiding behind the non-vehicled air raiders, plinking away with slaughters, while we got swarmed with bees. Ranger is excellent for anti-air and fast damage to monsters, so falling for the "shotguns all the time every time" meme is counter-productive. A stork will work better in most situations unless you are overwhelmed with ground enemies in your face.

>guy named WHITEGLINT shows up in a white colored fencer trying to roleplay armored core

Attached: is this guy insaiyan.png (848x480, 457K)

Equip a support item that reduces hitslow.

>think Ill be a tricky cunt and farm some inferno weapons
Why not farm the rolling bugs in mission 87? You literally won't get hit if you know the right place.

>going through hardest
>find room with some japs
>we get to the first mission with the red drones
>get rekt the first time
>get rekt a second time
>host leaves

Attached: hue hue hue.jpg (900x900, 357K)

>Is any saving grace for Missiles
Actual reload time. It's not like you can spam Phobos against Godzilla or God.

>"try not to aggro too ma-"
>WD immediately pumps out a brazilian homing shots

Attached: 10045623.jpg (1024x576, 109K)

How i do Mission 12 on Hardest solo with AR? Or any similar to this

Are you sure? I find shotguns work pretty well against Flying Aggressors and Baby Humans. Because they fly well within effective range.
Okayish against Type 1 Drones but sniper is better.
God help you if you try that against Type 2 Drones.
What were their other weapons anyway? Might give an insight into why they are using shotguns all the time.

Absolutely sure. A stork will put down more flying types faster, at longer range, and without needing them to fly close first. It also allows you to just drag your reticle over a bunch to stagger them.

Their other weapons were a lysander and a goliath. The one with the lysander specifically said it was for drones. It is a terrible choice for that, gross overkill and slow fire rate.

>lysander for regular drones
literally why

>at unironically 30 failures
I am counting them
I get to the second spider drop in mission 12 hardest and it's over
I can't kill them fast enough

Attached: 20190807120530_1.jpg (1920x1080, 288K)

>1346 armor
lol

guess it's too low for Hardest too

You can do it as WD or Fencer by kiting the whole map, if you don't care about which class.

I want to try with AR
But i guess i have to farm Armor first since i am skipping a whole hard playthrough with that

Fencer is faster than ever and still the fastest class in EDF5, but at the start you don't have many dashes/boosts to chain together.

At end-game with DLC you'll get 8 boosts + 10 dashes before having to land (somewhere around that number, I forget)

You're not beating the whole campaign on hardest with that armor and without overpowered weapons, with AR. He's not great at dealing with gold ants and silver spiders, and their queen/king variants, and they will show up on hardest.WD and fencer can do it cause they can kite 24/7 on most maps.

Those boost cells require you to beat the upcoming missions on inferno.

I would try two airstrikes and maybe a turret.
Also, Nix sucks against spiders from my experience - what you need is maneuverability. Try using tank/grape with guard post and turrets on top of it.

BUYFAG
VDF
RAGE
INFERNO
MISSION 107

no weapon limit?

no

I find that most organic flyers will always swarm you anyway, although I do find trouble dealing with birds that way.
Baby Humans otoh I disagree, shotguns work excellently against those, they will be well within kill range more than 90% of the time. And one shot takes them out.

>The one with the lysander specifically said it was for drones.
What are Lysanders even for? KFF60 seems way better regardless.

>mission pack 1 online
>weapon level on hard is too low
>hardest and inferno instagibs you
mission pack 2 is easier what the hell

Attached: 1536981154160.jpg (599x600, 70K)

Attached: 1540870024473.webm (1280x720, 2.79M)

guy wants them

Attached: 1563785175475.webm (720x404, 2.82M)

Same problem with the tadpoles as the lysander on drones, gross overkill. One shot takes them out, sure, but compare the time for that one shot with a few shots from a rifle putting out 15-60 shots per second. Rifles come out objectively ahead every time.

Attached: 1545442433356.webm (1280x720, 1.78M)

Maybe I'll try it next time.

Edf is only for bbc

Attached: 20190807_072922.jpg (1440x1440, 715K)

>installed metal wolf chaos today and it works fine
>go back to play EDF
>loading stages now takes longer and I spawn in with everyone t posing and no enemies
What the fuck did you do to me devolved this was definitely not worth it

Probably fucked up some of the dependables. Do you remember anything about what they installed when installing MWC?

I mean, they do recruit tons of black people into the armed forces.

Any piratefags want to run through DLC2?

host n post

So when are we getting a fully voiced tokusatsu-style song for the EDF?

Dumb wing divers

Attached: EDF_Iamagenius.png (640x720, 528K)

Jesus these missions past 100 don't fuck around. Granted 80% of my deaths is me blowing myself up with a Stardust Cannon, but still.

Halle Berry: me
Water bottle: health items
Keanu: you

Attached: 1558088653438.webm (954x400, 1.91M)

Gonna start first playthrough on Hardest
Anyone wanna join me for some fun?
Starting from Mission 1
Room: EDF
Pass: vdf
Buyfag
Hardest

Attached: 1563903766636.png (1014x804, 1.35M)

>13% of the world's population has been wiped out
>That doesn't sound TOO bad...

At that time considering they didn't even knew how to deal with teleportation ships like at all and generally no real tactic or weapons to counter the Primers developed yet having lost 10% of the human population wasn't actually that bad

Sorry Air Raider, I've put many hours into you but it's time to try out Wing Diver.
>low-level rapier stunlocks and has a high DPS
How can I deny this power

>sign up for "Earth Defense Force" because they have cool mechs and tanks and shit
>still a private so you don't get to use anything cool
>aliens invade for real
>die from the fallout from tactical nuclear weapons because your commanders are too stupid to shoot into the open bright red glowing hatch

Its so stupid. They even specifically state that they cannot pierce the golden armor and they never fucking think to shoot at the one part of the ship that isn’t armored.

The best part is that the rapier is a backup weapon. That's what you use when your main gun is offline. WD is tarded strong.

Should I avoid this game if I have anxiety around bugs?

I mean you get to squish tens of thousands of them. Maybe it's therapeutic?

>hard is too easy
>inferno ia too hard
>everyone already finished hardest

Attached: 1555015655591.jpg (750x919, 53K)

I think the spiders in this game are really cute, and they hop around and shoot webs from a distance, not like real spiders at all. What grosses me out about bugs is how filthy they are, but in EDF the models all look really clean.

Didn't they say they couldn't get under it because of all the bugs being dropped from them? Honestly from the sound of it pretty much everybody who isn't in your area gets their shit pushed in by the aliens.

>inferno is too hard

Attached: 1548454852637.jpg (484x500, 35K)

10/10

post lobbies, I'm usually down to replay some hardest. eating rn though

STRIKE MY ASS

But i started Hardest now...

any way to make shooting/getting shot at NOT blind you? on top of being stunlocked and being unable to move, this stupid camera effect blinds you around bright things
if you dont know what im talking about, it's the camera effect where bright things makes everything else go ultra dark, effectively blinding you (usually when you're being shot by shoulder lazer ayys for example)

No, Sargeant was the first guy in the entire EDF getting the idea of shotting inside the opened hatch of the ship

That's balanced though

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck my gpu died playing this game, i'm too poor to buy new one right now, i guess i'll wait a month or two before i can play games.

Attached: aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh.jpg (1280x720, 91K)

>Mission 111
youtube.com/watch?v=cPosszP0Ywk

i don't care if it's "balanced", i want it off
off by one

Attached: MY EYES.jpg (480x360, 17K)

>play as WD / fencer inferno
>smooth sailing, no mission repeats
>play as ranger
>losing all my health to revives, struggling to thin hordes out people joining with less than 1k armour
Help me!

This is what happens when you accept the auto-loot cheats, people start asking for other cheats

>take dragoon lance and phalanx for meme loadout
>lance is useless because phalanx has just as good dps, and stunlocks, so you dont have to worry about missing, and it rapes bosses, humans and ayys, and can be charged and held while flying for emergency crowd control
ranger has great mid to close range dps, he can absoluetly dumpster a swarm coming at him head on, but struggles if he gets surrounded because of no real escape mechanism, take shotties and rifles with pierce, and do crowd control, let team mates handle distant targets or flanking maneuvers

>visual effect
>auto loot cheats
non sequitur, would turning off the god rays option in other games count as cheating too? i just dont enjoy the visual effect of DARK

vdf | rage | Hardest | Limits off
Room is up for about an hour if anyone is interested. Starting from Mission 23.

Whenever there are betas and any infantry shit gets real because the betas fan out and attack you from 180 degrees in front, and whilst you try to deal with them the guns start to pin you, and if you stunlock the infantry instead then it gives the betas the opportunity to surround you at which point you get the bukakke treatment.

If they give you the option, then no it's not cheating. But the laser ayy does low damage, and actually misses most of his shots, he only exists to be annoying. He gets soft CC through slows and blinding, and if you cheat away that soft CC, you're cheating to make the game easier.

lance is good for infinite flight bounce tho, if you know how to dash dance
>time your dashes midair so u regen energy
>use the lance's recoil to bounce you back up into the air
>repeat
at higher levels you can do this ad infinitum, pretty good for energy economy, or if ur being chased by a horde and ur the last one left alive

If you want to fly, just use power lance instead of dragoon. Most power lances are so cheap that you can spam it nonstop while also boosting nonstop and still remain energy-neutral.

>laser ayy does low damage
guess how i know you don't play on inferno
just in case we're talking about different ayys, it's the one with the shoulder pink lazer
if not the enemies doing it, how about yourself? shooting explosives and cannons blinds with big effects
less recoil and power, although i guess the lesser energy makes up for it

Attached: 1550293719815.png (600x600, 23K)

Even on inferno laser ayys aren't really that scary, except for the slow. Just remember where stuff is when they take away your "looking at the screen" privileges. I don't love being blinded, but choosing not to be affected by enemy abilities is straight up cheating, that's obvious.

>and actually misses most of his shots
BULLSHIT

It's true, they don't even aim at you. They aim in a big circle around you, the only way to even get hit by them is to get really close, or to run sideways into the circle. If you're at the correct distance and stand still, you get hit by zero shots.

it's not an "enemy ability" it's a universal visual effect, look how cannons, explosives, and even spritefall blinds you

>have shit PC
>ok maybe if I install EDF 4 that will run better
> (0xc0000142)

FUCK

Man that's ridiculous. But humanity in general seems to be kinda dumb in this game.
Those terrifying humanoid creatures, that look just like people.

The name for the effect is HDR. It allows 'overbright' effects to darken the rest of the image accordingly to circumvent being clipped at max brightness.

Except for fucking Betas for some reason, Rangers can deal with monster swarms at close range by side-strafing.
Just keep moving sideways, and sometimes backwards. Although keep in mind I generally take the move speed upgrade as the 3rd slot than anything else.

Lets not forget how when using Minion Buster and your "allies" step in front of you and get hit the screen darkens too.

What is the earliest mission I can farm to get Barga?

but is there any way to turn it off?

Attached: thonk.png (1200x992, 144K)

Not as far as I know. I agree it's pretty cancerous when you actually want to see what the fuck is going on, but most of the AR stuff would probably look a bit anemic without it.

Attached: 1558364195869.gif (375x375, 1.39M)

I think there is, I saw some external program that I guess works on DirectX 11, etc. games that lets you force settings that aren't in the game menu. I don't remember what it's called but you can probably google it.

Mission 98-105 or something like that

>people don't know about depth crawler's side-dodge

It literally tell you in the manual.

>people don't read the manual
Also, the manual leaves out tons of shit that should actually be in it, so it's worthless

if you find it out what it's called, us know user

Attached: 1547260554614.png (169x206, 50K)

It's not really useful anyway, I'd rather sidestep.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1814868040

Nice!

You guys are probably thinking of special K, which does a ton of graphics options, but you have to dick around manually with individual shaders

Hard lobby
vdf
I'm just doing random missions for completion until people join, but I'm up for whatever

Attached: 9 - 8F1TteD.png (800x571, 893K)

That's what it is, thanks.

God I want a Nyx Assault. I need to farm the DLC.

wtf is Nix Assault? Are you talking about the laser Nix? I know there's an awesome new Nix coming out with DLC 2 but it's not out yet.

It's the DLC2 Nyx. You can use creamapi to get the DLC. It's a monster Nyx.

The Air Raider is getting some awesome stuff with DLC2. The new Nix is stupid fast and has a nice loadout. The laser turrets are ridiculous and there's a new X9 KM6 bombing plan that is actually really good. I saw someone use it on the mission with tons of bird like creatures on inferno and it basically cleared a massive horde in one go.

>want to farm DLC weapons
>can't even last long enough on hard difficulty
Why is life cruel?

I'm in a lobby with two ARs who have the weapons. I feel like a side character in an anime about an elite mecha unit.

The red ants can actually be useful in a pinch. As soon as you're grabbed every enemy around you suddenly loses aggro. It's especially useful if you're a Wing Diver and you run out of energy.

Yeah, the bite damage is virtually nothing, and you escape from all the other monsters chasing you. Red ants are heroes. If they bite you, you have almost no chance of dying unless you receive long-range fire support from your teammates.

The DLC2 is out?

Even more so if you are a Ranger and have a Reverse Shooter. The thing pushes the ant away from the blob and heals you at the same time, giving you breathing room as you stand up.

I can confirm this works.

14 hours for the steam release

missions with a bunch of shield bearers are basically a hard counter to air raiders though.

I still have to farm DLC1 weapons but i moved into Hardest just today so i dunno if my 3k armor and lv40 max 50 weapons on Fencer are good enough
Hard of course doesn't drop the stuff there

You're definitely not strong enough, just play the game normally, no need to rush.

Romba bots niche

in exchange now they're just fuckyou high and if you bring the wrong weapon selection you're shit outta luck and have to retreat because you'll never be able to destroy it.

use a red nix.

Yes and no. If you're playing solo you can use high level OP weapons like the DLC turrets until you can get out a mech. Once you have the lvl 80 red Nix or, even better, the DLC2 Nix tomorrow you can zoom around and take down objectives pretty easily.

How the fuck do I do mission 91?

cheat engine

Offline or online? Mission 91 is mission 90 online so it's confusing.

Here you go.

Attached: yeet.png (1400x1800, 455K)

Offline. I can destroy the first teleporter and ayy lmaos, but getting further is a huge pain in the ass.

>air raider or wd bring weak cannon that doesn't kill shit
>Instantly aggros everything they can while running towards you to use you as bait
>They die and you have to clean up their mess while they scream help every 3 seconds
It's times like this I appreciated that one in ten based wd that will carefully lance specific trouble enemies and always have your back. I had a wingdiver that refused to let me go to certain areas alone as an air raider till I got my nix

I can't even get the dlc1 nix, I have no chance of getting the dlc2 nix unless it has some absurdly easy to cheese mission on inferno.

As an AR what the hell is good against a group of silver spiders

rolling over and accepting death

Get in the robot Shinji

I just tried it on Inferno to see if I could beat it, I did. I don't know what your circumstances are or what class you play but I can tell you what I did.

I have an Air Raider with 5600 armor and used highest lvl Limpet Chain Gun, the DLC rocket launcher turret, Guard Post, and the DLC Depth Crawler.

Basically just threw down Guard post and turrets right away and used limpet to peg away at the teleporter and the ayys. Didn't take long to get out depth crawler and from there it was just a slow and steady push and would jump out and call another depth crawler when I ran low on ammo. And whenever I had a second of breathing room I'd jump out and put a guard post on top of my Depth Crawler or throw down some turrets.

The low level crawlers are such a disappointment. If you don't notice that one ant or spider on your flank it gets destroyed, even with a guardpost on it. On Hard.
The flamethrowers could use 2 or 3 times the ammo too.

Good news, you got one of those. Mission 2 just has you sit on a roof in perfect safety.

You can get the DLC Nix EZPZ as Air Raider. First you want to play Mission 82 on Inferno as AR. Don't attack the frogs, they won't attack you either until you can get in the barga. Use the barga to kill all the frogs. Make sure to bring a good phobos with you because the only real threat to the barga on this mission is the ants. As soon as ants pop up quickly jump out barga and drop a phobos, don't worry if it hits the barga. There's two waves of ants.

After you kill almost all the ants a huge group of ayys will show up. Don't worry, as long as the ants didn't do huge damage to your barga you can kill them all no problem. Farm this mission a few times to get new stuff but what you're looking for specifically is the Nix EZ that has dual explosion cannons.

Next you're gonna want to farm mission 9 on the DLC on inferno, it's nothing but silver spiders and one king spider. The beginning is the hardest part. But basically you just bring the Nix EZ, some kind of gunship like the lvl 70 something 150mm quadruple cannon, high level flame turrets, and the highest lvl Tempest. You can farm all these things from mission 82 inferno.

Basically at the beginning just set down flame turrets and kill the first group of silvers with the Tempest. Usually you can kill them all with one shot but if one or two lives you have your flame turrets and gunship as backup. From here it's pretty much all Nix and Tempest. There's one silver king spider which can be one shot with the tempest and the tempest is also useful for killing large groups of silvers, but there's always going to be a pretty big group you have to kill with your Nix. Just use your dual explosion cannons to take out the silvers, from close range it's a one shot and your Nix is tanky enough it can handle quite a bit of punishment. Hope this helps.

Attached: 023740-23784.jpg (1920x1080, 960K)

>there are WDs who don't enjoy impromptu escort missions where you protect a defenseless AR who WILL blow himself up the second an ant touches him
this is actually super fun

Anyone?
Room: EDF
Pass: vdf
Hardest
From Mission 9 and onwards
If you need medals for get to thet 70% or just wanna tag

I'm an Air Raider main but bad Air Raiders can be some of the most frustrating people to play with. Especially when I'm grinding another class and we're on a mission with Deroys or Pylons and they bring a shitty loadout that makes the mission 10x harder and longer than it has to be.

I'm being real, I really think that kind of escort gameplay is fun for the WD, you just need awareness to know when AR is in trouble, since most of the time they're chilling in the backlines with zero aggro

I did it on hard, took a bit of luck and patience. Decoys finally proven themselves useful.
Basically used chain gun and turrets to get the first crawler, and then pushed forward while summoning new crawlers.

Heavy custom crawler is fine. Dirt cheap, decent armor and good weaponry.

I won't find that in Hard until 62+ though.

>and we're on a mission with Deroys or Pylons and they bring a shitty loadout that makes the mission 10x harder and longer than it has to be
Literally just use spritefall+gunships, how hard can it be?

Spritefall + Consecutive 105mm spoiled me.
When I first encountered Deroys as AR, it was like, "Man, Yea Forums really over-exaggerated how dangerous they are."
The next time I did it solo as WD. "Fuck."

And also keep in mind when I first encountered it I was first timing the campaign online on Hard.
When I did it solo as WD was after I got 1k+ armor, already cleared the campaign and was bringing overlevelled gear in.

That's what I'm saying. It's baby mode for Air Raider to kill those but I have games all the time where the AR decides to go full support for some reason or just picks a shit loadout in general.

But you can just equip a sniper and do higher dps on them.
Piercing is the only advantage you get over that and even some snipers have that.

What % do you have?
I feel like beating the game with 3 characters gives you plenty of armor for hardest and then you just have to grind for inferno.
Way better than grinding individual missions unless you do the cheese like the grim reaper strat.

2/4 mission 14

>Frogs

Sorry, I meant 30 meter tall humans.

You can beat hardest with around 2k armor, as long as you're not playing Ranger. Ranger is just pretty bad until you get the OP DLC 2 weapon.

Also it seems like you should have way more armor with 100 hours. I have 165 hours and have almost 6k armor with Air Raider but I have farmed a bit, but not a lot.

>180 hours
>69%
>3.8k AR armour
Mind you that's with zero farming.

I don't even know how that's possible. I had more armor than that after just running through hard with all classes online. Like I said I farmed a bit, mainly weapons but I didn't farm that much.

I'd you literally don't do any mission more than is necessary for the medal and you're not using autocollect / playing with others that autocollect you don't end up with that much armour.

The best way to farm armor is DLC2. There's one mission with dropships where if you have the napalm grenades on Ranger you can set up an autoclicker and get 400 armor in 10 minutes.

Do you guys laso do rooms on ps4 or should I just hope I get lucky and have competent people join? Didnt realize this was on PC until I had already bought it.

Most likely most of the PS4 players who are still playing are way more advanced than you because it's been out for a year already on PS4.

bump

Attached: Butt.png (559x587, 422K)

>pub lobby
>good friendly missions
>smooth like butter
>random guy joins
>tells people to run farming strats
>tells people what to do
>yells at people to shut up when they're having friendly banter
>it kills the lobby
Why can't people just enjoy videogames?

Just kick him.

Hardest lobby
vdf
Mission 22

chill lobby, gathering stars, not so much focus on gathering items

Attached: 6 - OKcVcVc.png (636x834, 856K)

>Esporting in EDF
He is lucky my Air Rider has shit armor or i would join lobby with the DLC Proteus

>DLC Proteus
there isn't one though? You mean barga? It isn't out yet.

>ignoring the previous 7 missions where it went "smooth as butter"
>ignoring the times I was the only one alive and saved us wasting 15 minutes per run
>"farming strats" is apparently saying "let them come to the sand" on crimson
>"friendly banter" is two fencers stopping mid-mission and having a detailed converation about missile weapons, animation lengths, what to bring, all while the other two are still fighting
But yeah, except for your total hyperbole and outright lies, completely accurate dude.

Quick question for pirate version.
Do you gotta beat the game to play the dlcs missions?
Cause got the version with dlc but nothing shows up other than base missions.

Thought there was

Yikes!

There were no Drones left in the air to shot bro

And bringing overleveled gear you paid for isn't Esporting? Seething

The Protues needs 3 whole player for fuction
1 pilot and 2 gunners
The pilot can't use the mech weapons
It's even more meme than the Titan

Yeah, there were. Me and the air raider were still fighting them. Assuming you're one of the fencers, just look on your radar for the red dots, or on your screen for the drones flying around. There most definitely were.

Kind of sounds like your lobby was a bunch of shitters and one person who actually knew how to play if you were fucking around on Crimson outside of the beach after the first wave. That's not even an autistic strat that's just common sense. Why would you go after the separate waves of ants that conveniently group up for you on the beach?

It's not even like we stopped for minutes, weapon reloading is also a thing

Except the turrets are actually good.
You don't have to always go out to the other side of the map doing your own thing. You can spend some of that time in the mech, especially if you're playing some useless class like Ranger.
Titan is irredeemable trash.

Is the game significantly easier with 4 people instead of 2 online due to how the health scaling works?

In a perfect world where everyone focuses on the same enemy all the time, yes. Otherwise no, not really.

Depends on the people
Most of the time you better just 2man rather than 2 man+ 2 ayys disguised as players

>paid for
lol

No dude, it was a solid two minutes of conversation, way longer than any reloading. I waited a whole minute before just saying "shut up and fight", and that worked for 30 seconds, and then you two went right back to it. I waited another minute (still fighting drones the whole time) watching you guys sitting still a ways away from the fighting and listening to your conversation about "I brought arcane, I don't like HAIL I kill myself too much, homing missiles suck" before I said "for real, shut up and fight".

And this apparently caused people to break down into tears and run to the thread screaming lies. Talk in the lobby, fight in the mission, wow so autistic.

I said this was a pub lobby to try and give you some plausible deniability, but since you absolutely want to own your terrible behavior, I'll talk about it. You're an average player who literally cannot stop being obnoxious in chat, and you kill lobbies. You have dumb ideas, and you're constantly giving bad or unnecessary commands, even in low-level chill lobbies. And in high difficulty lobbies, it's even worse.

There was only 1 mission that went bad, and you died during it by making a dumb mistake. You seriously need to calm down while playing the game, because you're constantly either annoying or riding people's ass for absolutely no reason. Drone mission is a cakewalk, but you were screaming at people for chatting during it. Literally unbind your chat key, and you won't have any more problems. When anything goes wrong, you just pick one person to harass, even if they didn't do anything wrong. Why do you even have an ego? This is a casual ass game, and you're strictly average at it. There are people who play like gods, and guess what, they're not constantly sending a stream of poor quality commands. Just calm down, or unbind your chat key, and you'll be a good player.

Proteus is bad my dude. Yeah it has pretty good firepower but only has like 125k health and no mobility + requires 3 players to pilot effectively.

Compare that to high level Nix which has around 100k health, only requires one pilot, has good firepower and has great mobility. The DLC 2 Titan is actually way better than the Proteus. It has dispersal mortars on each side and the cannon is an acid gun instead of the normal weak cannons.

Titan is a perfect cover for some missions on hard. Just keep calling them and use to block enemy shots.

>and the cannon is an acid gun
like Melt Buster?

is that who i think it is whos name start with W?

So what class is best at escorting your local Air Raider?

Cool vague nothing post, bro. I never claimed to be a great player or said a single thing about that, I just want people to at least play the game, but you're on your period and feeling that red rage. Calm down yourself, stick to normal if you're so upset about people who dislike wasting time when missions fail over and over trying to help the team win. Your fragile ego and inability to take anything as less than a full attack on yourself is ridiculous.

I might host DLC2 for piratefags in a bit. I only have 3k HP on AR so either we're gonna play on Hardest at best or three people who will likely carry me can join. Other classes only have about 1,000 because picking up armor crates isn't evenly distributed, feels bad man.

Yup

>I never claimed to be a great player
K. You just act like the king of shit mountain and constantly tell people what to do because it's how you are, I guess. Like I said, there's nothing fundamentally wrong with you that can't be fixed by simply removing your chat bind.

Basically yeah. It's pretty much the same as the Ranger's Super Acid Gun. Seems like the new Titan is designed to completely destroy any swarms that are coming at it from the sides while keeping the powerful main cannon on the front. Still weak from the back though.

Who's that so I can avoid him in the future?

Don't let Yea Forums affect your opinion, play with him first and see if you don't come to the same conclusion.

Nice try, what's your name?

Hosting lobby. Am turbo noob to EDF so I am on Hard mode
room name : Bugs did 9/11
Pw: Rage

I mean it, I wrote and if I'm the only person who has a problem with this guy then I'm wrong. But I have a feeling other people don't like this kind of faggotry.

My bad, I'll just let everyone flail around blindly and wonder why they fail in the future so your feelings don't get hurt. Didn't realize you were going to get so emotional and invested over this, lol.

i now remember you, you're that guy that moans about "meme" load outs while sitting in the back doing fuck all with 2 wild levis and complaining that everything is dying to slow

I'm literally just telling you to shut up. It's advice on how to make people like you. Your personality is bad, so if you shut up, then people won't see it, and they'll like you more.

3/4

join I don't want to be (alone) ;_;

He already sounds annoying just by his posts here.

Alas it doesn't. i've got an EZ already, but the main problem i have is that the king is surrounded by silvers and dumping a tempest on him aggroes them all and i cant slowly pick them off and just get overwhelmed real fast. i tried picking off as many as possible, and also tried a war barga covered in turrets but i just get wiped.

What the fuck is the point of Fencer? Big armor? I struggle with basic shit when playing it and it seems like every other class does a much better job with its role.

i'm not sure but, when you are choosing your save file then offline mode, it should give you a choice to chose from offline mission, or challenge pack or extra challenge.

Oh, that makes sense now. I didn't realize you were such a weak person that you're afraid to speak up to random people when things go wrong in a mission because you're afraid they won't like you. Jesus Christ. Go back to facebook with that weak shit and grow a spine.

Parkour and mortars
You can be trade some hits, sometimes

I don't even know you but I know exactly the kind of person you are. "Here's criticism of all of your actions at all moments that you didn't ask for and if you disagree you just need to have tougher skin" Really fun to play with beyond the very first attempt, I'm sure.

youtu.be/brxQ-WzrbK8

I think he really shines on difficulties past hard, so I wouldn't worry about him on your first playthrough, unless you really really want to do jump-dash combos with bad aiming. Jump dash combos and bad aiming are his main deal.

It sounds like that from the way the other guy is carrying on, right? Keep in mind his entire tantrum here is because I said "let them come to the sand" on crimson and "shit up and fight" in the middle of a mission where he and another fencer stopped playing to spend two minutes talking. This was over 9 missions that went just fine, but those two things set this guy into an autistic rage.

Yeah, let's not name and ostracize him right away, let's give everyone in the thread a chance to play with this guy and decide individually that he's an unbearable faggot.

TO

EDF!
Yea Forumsaliant infantry
Piratefags
Hardest Mission 36 onwards

Attached: large.jpg (1280x720, 303K)

dang so I just need lvl 100 gear

Same way I'm not naming you for running to the thread and starting a pointless drama cryfest because your feelings got hurt over two things that you wildly lied and exaggerated about. You're a weak bitch who can't just say what you have a problem with without blowing it out of proportion.

I've played that mission dozens of times, it's really not that hard if done correctly. I should have mentioned you should have some of the high level flame turrets set up, they will stun lock some of the spiders and lessen your load.

Also while you're fighting the spiders as soon as you get a new mech up quickly jump and out press Z and then jump back in. That will give you a backup mech in case the one you're in dies.

Also, and this might be what you're doing wrong, there's a smaller group of spiders to the left of the big group with the king. You can aggro and kill them without aggroing the main group. They're close by so it might seem like you can't aggro them without aggroing everything but you can.

Attached: 0820-384-08.jpg (449x498, 29K)

Jesus fucking Christ. Can you do shit like this in 4.1?

not exactly, but 4.1 was still pretty crazy with dash cancelling.

Literally calm down

youtu.be/v7HwCzxXvdQ

Just so everyone knows this is usually what happens when games are moved to /vg/
Except it's every thread and every post and then the general dies.

Literally don't start drama shitposting over hurt feelings
Yep. Me and several anons were talking about it in lobbies last night. Nobody wants this to move to /vg/ because of that very reason, people who barely play the game but generate endless drama.

>mission 47: Survivors: Hardest Solo Air Raider
Literally how

Impressive chat menu control.

Honestly he's mainly only good for surviving and rezing team mates, which makes him a good solo class.

>Big mobs, air raider does it better
>Single Target, wing diver does it better
>Taking objectives, air raider does it better unless it's drop ships or shield bearers in which case wing diver is better

Fencer is basically the "tank". He can aggro large groups of enemies and kite them around the map while your Air Raider and Wing Diver do work. It seems like anything he can do someone else can do it better except kiting and surviving.

Confirming this. Fencer's specialty is surviving while getting away. Every mission has a "structure" you're supposed to follow before it turns into "all the NPCs are dead and the swarm is chasing you", fencer can survive that part the best but doesn't excel at much else.

>only 250 armor but jumping and dashing around like you can in Inferno

There's definitely some fuckery going on here. Fencer in Hard is so fucking boring that it's actually painful to try and complete it online.

You can manually lower your armor in the class settings.

>he doesn't know you can lower your armor at any point if you want some challenge.

I don't see the problem with these summaries.
Great solo. A massive boon to DPS who can cut down enemies without harassment.

rip /shmup/

same, my problem is i struggle to do any significant dps
i can rape with every other class, so maybe it just doesnt fit my playstyle
or im too much of a gaijin brainlet to understand him

I have a minor point to make about that, fencers are frequently bad at holding aggro. Aggro is based on proximity, and it's pretty common for them to get chased to the side of the map, and wind up dropping most of their aggro, except on the handful of monsters closest to them. WD who stays 100m vertical above monsters is basically completely safe from them, and doesn't drop aggro. While that kind of aggro precision isn't needed in most maps, I think WD is slightly better at it. Fencer does have the advantage of being able to disengage and re-engage more easily and more frequently than WD though.

>69.8%
Nearly there bros.

Attached: 2354723456.jpg (300x303, 7K)

Don't let no one stand in the way of your goals! EDF!!

Attached: 1341995700312.jpg (400x300, 77K)

EDF!

You can become a god just stacking boost and dash?

>*just* stacking boost and dash
stacking boosts and dashes is literally the most important thing to do as fencer

With the DLC addbooster / dash cell you can gain enough height whilst dashboosting for your boosts to reset whilst you fall so you can start it all again the moment you land. Still
>high-alt on left and arm hound on right
>not high-alt on right and arm hound on left
what is this wonky jap bullshit.

Thank you, I love you!

shit game

this, but unironically

>high-alt on left and arm hound on right
This is correct though.

You jump with shift?

Yes.

You are also wonky.

>Fastest, most agile class
>God tier weapons, such as the best multi-target missile launchers, or 300% walk speed + dual machineguns (boosting also has 300% momentum), fun interactions with Air Raider's targeting, sniping canons, etc
>Only class in EDF5 that can bring repeat weapons
>Most versatile class, due to 4 weapon slots. On a single mission you can bring a melee + mortar set to easily destroy an infinite number of close-range enemies and then use the other slots for 12k damage canons to kill Ayys/Frogs/objectives or missile launchers to annihilate fliers, so on and so forth
>Has some amazing niche scenarios, like using shields for otherwise near impossible missions of Ayys, or standing on top of the tallest building with Air Raider assisted targeting to demolish the guys below (I think Haytal Multi-Missile Launcher WX is the highest damaging thing in the game sans WD's Rapier, 36213 damage every 5 seconds at range)
>most fun to play

What's not to like?

>Big mobs, air raider does it better
I don't see how fencer doesn't do it just as well from across the map with Arcane 6-Barrel Launcher GX or FGX High Altitude Impact Launcher spam. Or jumping in place and then mortar'ing everything below.

>Single Target, wing diver does it better
Only point I agree with, Rapier is just too OP

>Taking objectives, air raider does it better
Heavily disagree with. Fencer gets to them 10x faster with no danger since nothing can touch you aside from hitscan Ayy lazers. Air Raider is amazing for bunkering up in one position with his shields, creating whole new strategies for the entire team, but I don't really see his value in taking objectives.

Attached: 1536741466568.webm (852x480, 2.86M)

>the absolute state of ranger in this game
I get that he was great in 4.1 but they didn't need to fuck him over so badly in this one

>I think Haytal Multi-Missile Launcher WX is the highest damaging thing in the game
>36213 damage every 5 seconds at range
I forgot to double that number, since you'd use 2 at the same time. It's 72k+ every 5 secs.

Ranger inferno without using the DLC weapons is the real endgame challenge. It's funny going back to ranger after playing WD or fencer and appreciating just how fucking big everything seems.

He wasn't ever great. Ranger is the difficulty Inferno+ class, always was.

Although yeah some snipers got nerfed and he can no longer equip the same weapon twice. On the other hand he now has his passive buff (like more run speed) and vehicles such as a fast as fuck bike to reach objectives much faster than he ever could before.

>ranger *at his best* is only ever as good as he was in 4.1, but is frequently not
>every other class at their best blow their 4.1 equivalents out of the water, and often do even when theyre not

Attached: hell.png (354x557, 87K)

god the MSXE looks MSEXY

I've been playing ranger on inferno solo, it's pretty fun. It really helps druve home what works and what doesn't when the game is so unforgiving and you don't have a team to save you from basic mistakes and meme loadouts.

I made a room,
EDF Deploys
Hardest 13
For the buyboys

DROP THE BOMBS.

Dragon lance and stardust cannon are great, especially against the ayys

Reminder to ARs to check the distance on your artillery. Just because it says C instead of B doesn't meant it's more useful.

>wing diver plasma cannon on 15 lvl is better than anything
what is this bullshit

i tried

Attached: fixed.png (1400x1800, 647K)

DragOOn you donut.

There's a "The" I learned. It's "The EDF Deploys".

DLC 2 6 is a tough one solo on inferno. No space to move around.

His snipers are not as good, so what? The rest of his kit is much better now.

It's actually really good to bring in old gear on WD because of how energy costs are balanced, I regularly bring in the 55 plasma and the 21 ghost chaser even on inferno. They're still relevant and they're made dirt cheap by how old they are.

Attached: 1492871419404.png (850x795, 131K)

Room open on Mission 29 Hard. No other missions open around this area, so no passcode. Feel free to join if you want.

I find it funny how the VAs just go along with the engrish quirks in the script verbatim.

This really is the end of the humanity.

Room going up, from the start.

vdf
Buychads, lootbros, simple instruction followers only
Mission 1 inferno
NO LIMITS, 72% completion
rage

>thread has been up for an entire day
anyways, codex are incompatible with buyfag copies, right? I'm about to do it, but I also need to know if I'm going to have to start fresh.

shit, fuck, that's supposed to say "codex saves are incompatible with buyfag copies, right?"

Codex makes an incompatible save, but if you install Steamworks, it results in a save that does transfer over to the buyfag copy.
mega.nz/#!pJtAVYpZ!9QS2RbEZBn6Uea41mldrjgqjuCxYoJdk3xh1hTR8WRE this is the steamworks patch, it makes your save compatible and allows you to play online with other pirates

>page 10

Attached: drone stuck.webm (696x392, 2.78M)

people can't find your lobby if you don't post a name btw

Any tips for lone Fencer Hardest Mission 43?

I have over twenty (20) hours flying time!

Attached: 1548175098653.png (497x365, 67K)

That's not true.

someone make a new thread

If you keep NPC Titans alive, they don't fuck around. I just played that mission where you blow the fortress up and they were sniping drones out of the air.

Buyfag
Hard
mission 107
Yea Forumsdf
no password
Nice! spam STRONGLY encouraged
>416 posts
i thought thread limit was 250.

a lot of Ranger snipers are pretty solid imo, the MR99 can kill dropships ez and you can get collateral kills on humans. Shotguns like the D35 shred everything up close but with the better snipers you can kill most of a group while they're being kited elsewhere.

Attached: teleports beside you.webm (640x360, 2.95M)

Attached: door stuck.webm (1280x720, 2.89M)

name: Yea Forumsdf
pass: rage
buyfag
mission 52 hard
might hop missions a bit for completion

"What is your purpose?"

Also, might start a game here soon.

>I don't see how fencer doesn't do it just as well from across the map with Arcane 6-Barrel Launcher GX or FGX High Altitude Impact Launcher spam. Or jumping in place and then mortar'ing everything below.

He just doesn't. Fencer can definitely take a good chunk out of big mobs but Air Raider can wipe them out entirely in one go.

>Heavily disagree with. Fencer gets to them 10x faster with no danger since nothing can touch you aside from hitscan Ayy lazers. Air Raider is amazing for bunkering up in one position with his shields, creating whole new strategies for the entire team, but I don't really see his value in taking objectives.

Air Raider is king of taking down Pylons and Deroys. Both Wing Diver and Fencer can take down Pylons quite fast as well but you have to get to them first which takes a long time. Air Raider doesn't have to get to them at all, he can take them down from 700m away very quickly.

Ranger does suck ass but in DLC2 he gets a ridiculously OP weapon with basically no drawbacks. 600m range and 7 second reload and it just melts everything.

Does everyone in a party have to own a mission pack to play it or just the host?

I'll think about it tomorrow.

Fencers got 18k damage rage cannons he can use to snipe shit.

>Air Raider doesn't have to get to them at all, he can take them down from 700m away very quickly.
On hard mode. His satellite and gunship DPS doesn't scale to pylon HP on higher difficulties. It does more damage, but it doesn't keep pace with WR and Fencer weapons, and he's actually a very slow way to kill pylons on difficulties above hard.

Attached: spritefall vs pylon hardest online.webm (500x280, 2.84M)