Give me one good argument why you think pic related does more harm than good to the industry without going full "LE...

Give me one good argument why you think pic related does more harm than good to the industry without going full "LE CHINA XD".

Attached: F2292F82-6777-43FA-AA01-2C74E005F07E.png (678x452, 8K)

China

E X C L U S I V I T Y

Attached: whisper.png (300x229, 39K)

They hoard exclusives before the launcher is even close to being complete.

Attached: SynNfar.jpg (591x1207, 565K)

Because if I buy a game that's over 10 gigs, I don't want to have to delete it from my hard drive to download it again if i reinstall windows.

Why would you have to do that? You keep everything on one hard drive or something? Even still, you'd better learn how to partition shit, you big dumb.

>achievements
>marketplace
>trading cards
>needing a mod distribution workshop for mods on pc
>muh epic is spyware when that actually got debunked months ago
>Acts like steam never has security issues like when people randomly logged into other peoples accounts
Epic might be shit, but this is fucking reaching.

I keep my games on separate hard drives from my OS SSD. EGS has no method to import existing game installs. Literally every other launcher on PC has this, even the shitty ones, from the getgo.

It has to install games to the drive it's installed on? That's gay.

No? If you want to add a game you already have installed, you can't. If you click the install button it'll say the folder isn't empty and you should delete it. You have to delete your installed game in order to get the game back working in the launcher, which means you'll have to download the whole game again.

steam is fucken retarded too, it tries to be a browser in and of itself but is shit at it. Launched streaming to get a piece of the pie and its a pile of flaming turd. Only time I ever get anything off this shit is the dev redirecting it to steam and steam only. I don't want to fucken log in to play my shitty game, offline or otherwise, I just want the fucken game to run when I click the shortcut. Thats why you should pirate or use GOG if you can/want to support the game.

Achievements are a good way to measure your progress on a game and give you something to work towards (even if the reward is minimal)

Marketplace/trading creates a sub community and gives others the chance to obtain rarer items without spending half of their wageslave check.

And without a workshop like Steam's, modding is a pain in the ass. Just look at Redditcraft.

mod distribution workshop is actually pretty good, now modders get easier exposure leading to more mods being made because more people see mods and want to make their own
trading cards are like microscopic sticker coupons from those companies that hand out stickers for each purchase so you'll get some free stuff. there's better ways to implement this in a store, but it's better than nothing

>And without a workshop like Steam's, modding is a pain in the ass
Maybe if you're a god damned retard, sure.

LE CHINA XD

And yet again, when I explain my issue with EGS and they have nothing to rebuttal, they let the thread die.

>fucken
>fucken
>fucken
Gee I wonder if you play fortnite.

Attached: brat.jpg (500x500, 164K)

What good are they doing? Only property of theirs I had any interest in was UT and they brutally murdered it in its cradle to make skins for fortnite or whatever.

It doesn't. Epic store is shit, but it pulls people off Steam. There is no reason a store and library management need to be integrated, and doing so is just a scheme to consolidate everybody in one place.

who are you that you deserve such a boon?
you might as well die an idiot for all I care.

By unstabilizing the delicate balance of the PC gaming landscape by trying to shove console war retardation onto PC, Epic doesn't make people not play on Steam and jump onto their launcher, they just manage to get people to pirate.
That's the one thing Epic never got, Valve never had a monopoly like it exists in most other industries, they were always competing. Against piracy. And they did a bloody good job of it. You can see the sentiment all over the world that "I pirated, but because Steam makes it so painless and piss easy to just buy games, in my local currency as well, that it's just easier to buy."
With Epic cocking that up, instead of just buying everything on Steam, or splitting purchases between Steam and another launcher like GOG or something, they're just gonna say fuck it and start pirating everything again because it's easier to do that than deal with Epics shit.
>dust_off_pirate_hat.jpg

Their meme share is killing GOG.

Bribes for exclusivity
That was easy, shill.

well user, LE CHINA is a good enough argument to me.

China

Steam is not trying to be a browser, it literally is one. Just like any other launcher

>tell me what's wrong with thing but don't actually name the problem
Oh I know your (((kind)))

>buying up exclusives thus removing fair competition
>throwing money at money greedy devs helping money greedy devs to survive
>lowering value of games by throwing them out for free
Give one good argument of epic doing something which will be good for the players in the long run.

they give corporate welfare to devs who then tell fans to fuck themselves