HAHAHA I HAVE ALL YOUR MONEY GOING EPIC EXCLUSIVE NOW FOR MORE MONEY

>HAHAHA I HAVE ALL YOUR MONEY GOING EPIC EXCLUSIVE NOW FOR MORE MONEY
>JUST DOWNLOAD EPIC YOU ENTITLED AUTISTIC RETARDS
>WHY ARE YOU ALL BEING SO ABUSIVE
>L-LITERALLY SHAKING AND CRYING
>MY WIFE IS AFRAID TO LEAVE OUR HOME
>STOP TELLING ME TO KILL MYSELF

How can an indie dev commit industrial suicide in less than a week? I've never seen a meltdown this bad before.

Attached: G7emKJIu_400x400.jpg (330x330, 15K)

viral marketers pls go and stay go

>I've never seen a meltdown this bad before.

Someone doesn´t remember Phil Fish

Attached: 1564271309923.gif (235x344, 2.29M)

sincerely hope they an hero

>I've never seen a meltdown this bad before.
Suck my dick zoomer, choke on it.

I recognize that phenotype!

low quality post
spamming/flooding
participating or instigating in a flamewar

B

A

S

E

D

A

S

F

U

C

K

oops you're right I did forget Phil Fish

Attached: In other news Fez 2 has been cancelled.webm (1280x720, 3M)

What did he do again?

Literally how are people so retarded?
>We have partnered with epic for the financial security and access to their resources, we understand not everyone will agree with this decision, we just hope you can understand why we have gone this route. Thank you.
That's all they needed to say, they'd have gotten backlash regardless but nothing so more as a few days of REEE posts. They were literal whos.

Now their credibity is completely in the garbage. Is this a case of them being incredibly retarded or beliving that "There is no such thing as publicity" meme? Because for sure more people know about these literal whos and their shitty game than before.

Attached: 1560020398714.gif (360x360, 26K)

Is this a YIIK thread?

based epic making valvecucks SEETHE

>Make a pretty medicore video game using ideas stolen from flash games and Cave Story
>Make a point to claim his game was high art, and that there are no good Japanase games
>Tell people to suck his dick, choke on it
>Have such a giant autism fit that he tells everyone Fez 2 is cancelled because people are being mean
>Nobody gives a shit
>Furiously leaves the industry

shitty publicity stunt
his game looks like high estrogen shit anyway

They're indie devs. Of course they're retarded.

Got mad at an opinion on Twitter so he cancelled fez 2
Try to harass some gamer girl and claimed to be Yea Forums (he used Yea Forums instead and got the motto wrong)

>IM ACTUALLY JEWISH MYSELF
E V E R Y
T I M E

When he said he was jewish I had heard enough.

Even no mans sky devs werent this salty and toxic, plus they kinda delivered on their initial promises.

Have you ever tried making a game user? Unless you're talking unity flips or rpg maker/adventure game studio stuff, you need to have at least some brain power, coding isn't easy or literally everyone would do it.

Which makes the fact these people are so retarded amazing to me, how can you be smart enough to put together a game but too retarded not to spil your spagetti.

>gas chamber edit
>hurf durf as a jew myself--

like pottery

Attached: 1561377941160.jpg (601x601, 121K)

NMS is unironically a good game now.

>We have partnered with epic for the financial security and access to their resources.
but they said that. What's happening right now is people trying to be angry about anything because its entertaining.

Attached: 1565123649675.png (645x389, 30K)

They're not coding though. They hired a coder and apparently they're being treated like shit. The husband and wife who are in charge of the project don't do any actual work.

>tfw more compelled to finish game doc just take Epics money and turn around a dump a free torrent of said game online

>coding isn't easy or literally everyone would do it.
explain billion pajeet and chang coders

Oh well that explains an aweful lot. So they are artists I guess?

>cropping out the bits that got people riled up in the first place

Nice cherrypicking

Attached: females__element333.jpg (410x308, 26K)

>So they are artists I guess?
scam artists yeah

user take a breath and leave /pol/ for a moment. Street shitters aren't all retards who run from toilet witches, india has one of the best tech universities around, same with ching chongs. There are also a lot of both, sheer numbers win out.

I have to wonder if that would still violate the exclusivity agreement. It seems like the devs still own the rights to the game so it might still be their right to give copies away.

Honestly wish you morons didn't send the trash dms to this fucking idiot. Now he can't get the shit he deserves for the trash statements he put out with the egs announcement. Everyone is going to let it slide because he's getting death threats.

They are just going to bail with the money, they never lost and the more you make threads about it the more they win. Stop shilling shitty games because you see everything as the new YIIKES.

No they literally do nothing. The husband is a self-described "ideas guy". Of course every project needs ideas, but when you're a team of 3 people you would expect 2 of those people to actually do something.

hey, "the other side" -for lack of a better description- is doing the same thing. I mean, just look at the OP, its just a bunch of greentext whose only purpose is infuriate people.

BASED

If you taken a website building class ever. You can literally make a game. No is epecting you to be 10mil iq rngine creator to make a game. Coding languages just like real language is based off preecisting computing languages. Specifically c++ or c#

They opened the announcement by mocking other exclusivity deals as if people don't have varied opinions about them. They think they're being cheeky and quirky when they insult the masses, and once the masses strike back with disproportionate retribution they fling back just as hard, creating a self-perpetuating, escalating hate loop.

Kind of hard to imagine someone who grew up in the information age not understanding that the first rule of interacting as a company is to NEVER go beyond neutrality when tackling criticism, but they really exist.

Why do steamcels think anyone cares about their shitty pixelware drama

This dev is based.
Also stop saying nonsense, the guy only said you shouldn't be this outraged about a fucking videogame store, and then you go and prove him right by being outraged at a videogame store.

There is no way he could have said it that wouldn't piss off gamers. They are looking for a fight even if they never cared or heard about this game before last week.

based

>Street shitters aren't all retards who run from toilet witches,
then explain poo festivals where they fling cow shit at each other

How is it cherrypicking? It shows the devs saying exactly what that other user wanted them to say.

The "other side" is anonymous shitposters, not a fucking company.

I could care less if its on epic, its the faggoty attitude that has earned them this shitstorm.

(you) cared enough to post

No, YIIK is a cult classic. This is just some trashy indie game.

user said that was all they needed to say.
They said much more, which caused people to get pissed.

Why are they worrying about harassment when there are more important things such as climate change?

This game went from literally who to all over Yea Forums. I don't know why they want the Yea Forums audience so badly.

Well not exactly no, it's actually the husband that has gone full retard in this, he's the one that keep shitting on gamers.
Funny because he barely does shit, he's the game writer but mostly does the business side of things.
The one that actually has been doing the actual work is the wife who makes the art and programming and such. She said some stupid stuff but generally has been polite and keep kept quiet when things got worst. So yeah it's really the husband that went full retard here and the wife is getting caught up in it.

Why do they all look the same? Why do these "controversies" always involve an middle aged man with that same fucking beard, pattern male balding, black frame glasses and ironic t-shirts?

Gimme deets and a source.

and the developers of the game are? because Epic didn't buy them, they just got the right for selling their games for a year. Not more not less.

all american indie devs are soibois, manlets, jews or faggot trannies. fuck western games honestly

And that makes it ok? How old are you man? My 6-year old nephew argues like that. I don´t think this whole deal justifies the drama surrounding it, but don´t act like these guys are completly innocent and acted decently.
Are you mentally retarded? That user said "If they just said that" it would be ok. My point is that they said a lot more than that and it´s those parts are what started the backlash. Them doubling down on it and spitting in the face of the people who supported them financially before the Epic-deal ("We don´t own you a game") is what really added gasoline to this dumpster-fire.

Shh don't mention the second part. We don't was anti GG fags coming in droves

yup, at least they sticked to their guns

The obvious answer is they gambled that their game wasn't getting any fucking attention, so this shitstorm would cost them like, tons of money, most of the people playing it will pirate it, but even the second hand sales they get from the shitstorm would be worth the bump in sales and worth the inevitable outcome.

They probably had no idea how quickly and viciously the response would come, they've had harassment on every possible platform. They don't seem to realize they'll never be able to go anywhere online or in real life where they're known as these devs again. They will be hunted until the day they die, because WDNFWDNF etc etc.

They were smart. They got bankrolled, and then lied about their game the entire time even through release day.
Literally planned.

i never said its ok, i just answered this user's question as for why the developers didn't come honest to their followers. turns out they did, or at least in part it seems.

Don't forget that he's the kid of rich parents and making a game was more like just a cool thing to do for him. He admitted that he was nothing but an "idea guy" and never actually had anything to do with it's development, that was the work of everyone else whom he considered himself above with mommy and daddy's money.
Phil is an honest to god sociopath unable to understand shit beyond himself which lead to the freak outs

>and the developers of the game are
Yes, they are literally a company. They are not an anonymous crowd of onlookers. They made a company to make a game and they're doing a horrible job with PR.

Imagine being a Patreon donor. Donating your money to an indie developer every month in exchange for special Patron access to material and paid access to the developer's ear.
And then the dicey indie dev says, "ha ha we got a 6-figure payout from Tim Sweeney. We don't give a flying fuck about what you shitheads think about it. oh no no no ha ha we already got this month's Patreon pledge from you, too!" and then Tencent-owned shills in the gaming press defend the slimy indie shits instead of siding with the people who got scammed on.
imagine actually being dumb enough to ever willingly give money to another indie ever again after you got your ass burned.
this is how the indie scene ends. hope a few SJW conmen getting an easy buck from Tim Sweeney was worth making every indie dev untrustworthy crooks. Enjoy working for Tim, it turns out he's a lot less generous to employees he has under his chink boot than he is to ones who were working for themselves.

What's the point in gaining temporary financial gain if it's not going to be backed up by sales at the end of the day.

Yeah, or the last season of Game of Thrones (that was a joke, please don't yell at people about it)

>toxic

Shut the fuck up faggot.

When you know your sales are going to be dogshit anyway?

When are there going to be consumer laws put in to protect people from shit like patreon?

uhhh guys?

Attached: ooblets.png (604x343, 35K)

You do know they just make all this shit up right.

Every time.

Attached: 1501599660696.jpg (492x449, 25K)

Damage control of the worst kind.

Attached: 1489605412999.jpg (292x257, 20K)

Cry more.

>another fucking thread about this shit
I haven't heard about this game whatsoever until you retards started screeching about the EGS exclusivity. You people are being baited into giving this game free exposure and that's exactly what they want. Fuck off with this retarded shit.

Attached: .png (497x493, 160K)

That's not exactly true. I work in business software professionally and make a few games in my spare time (because it pays like shit professionally). Coding games is usually more difficult because there are more moving parts to worry about. A typical website usually is three basic components: The web page that you see, a lightweight middle layer that performs some modifications on data in maybe 4 or 5 predefined ways (this is called an API) and a database where it is stored. Counting the different actions on the API, this is around 7 or 8 different parts you have to worry about interacting with one another, all of which are fairly simple in a vacuum. Single page apps are even simpler because the discrepancy between the page and the API is mostly eliminated except abstractly (in other words they're logically separated in code so the programmer doesn't want to kill himself from the spaghetti).
Games on the other hand, especially RPGs, have multiple disparate entire systems of rules all interacting with each other, often in real time. Physics, shooting weapons, using melee weapons, explosives, progression systems. These all have tons of rules and that's not getting into the technical part.

i don't know what you were expecting out of people who unironically complain about Toxic Gamers™

Attached: 1537389876431.jpg (267x168, 7K)

Phil Fish was dumb but I'd honestly say he wasn't this dumb. He was an inflammatory retard online but it was pointed at his critics and not his customers, on top of that, it was in an age where that sort of talk wouldn't affect your career.
And his biggest business mistake he made was not releasing on PC, essentially denying himself a third boatload of money on top of the two he had already made from PS3 and Xbox 360. And arguably that just built up a greater demand for it which caused the PC version to be more successful when it did eventually release. Not to mention, when he did release on PC, he released on Mac and Linux, as well as any storefront that would have him.
He also managed to fund the game without crowdfunding, granted he basically scumbagged the game into existence, but he did that all by himself.
And lastly, when he finally DID tell the paying customer to go fuck off, he had decided to leave the industry entirely for a career change, cancelling Fez 2 in the process, and thus no longer needed to sell anything to them. Unlike the Ooblets developers who are telling paying customers to fuck off leading into the release of their game.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think highly of Phil Fish, I just think lower of the Ooblets development team and the chink sock puppet known as the epic games store.

Attached: 1431981908780.jpg (563x393, 82K)

Is this in some fantasy universe where the paypigs are clever enough to perform pattern recognition?

They could have got a small following with this one and made a sequel. Seems like they just threw everything away for a few months rent. Looks like they never cared about the game anyway. That's what the whole thing came across like.

>as a Jewish person
This guy's really stupid, isn't he?
Brings attention to it, gives up personal details, and looks like an asshole by making it about himself.

they are only a company in name, in reality they are only two people in the company and a bunch of freelancers. come on man,its like saying that the hot dog vendor on the corner is a restaurant.

i mean, breaking even, even if your game sucks its a great thing, specially if its your first game. For example, if cuphead would have flopped the developers would have been literally homeless or dead. Now, i'm not saying its right, because chances are that some developers will abuse the system with shitty games, but its Epic's money and they can do whatever they want with it.

Grow a pair of testicles you pussy.

Too long, but I did read.

Book smart and people smart are two very different things. You can be Carmack tier good at coding but still be an autistic shithead.

>and as a Jewish person

Attached: 1554648991461.gif (498x276, 897K)

dese niggas apple trees when they need to grow a pear

They did the smart thing when they started getting backlash, which was to shut the hell up.

a more primative form of shit poster

Attached: 1513899764489.jpg (171x176, 10K)

>they are only a company in name
They're legally a company. Even if they weren't, how they present themselves matters for their financial future. Please stop with this "WELL TECHNICALLY" bullshit to excuse them. They did the worst possible thing a content producer can do: directly insult and antagonize the consumers when under scrutiny.

>as a Jewish person
That’s a floodgate statement if I’ve ever seen one

Holy shit I genuinely thought this was the same game because the protagonist is basically the same faggot. YIIK actually looks pretty good though, fuck this game.

Tim Schweinchen is actually a genius
>offers scummy devs deals too good to refuse
>said deal ruins their reputation
>their next projects flop tremendously
>their studios go bankrupt
>Epic offers them jobs, at a fairly shit pay
>they have to take it because no one wants to hire them anywhere else
>makes them work Fortnite-hours
>they crank out indie-games every few weeks
>Epic becomes the premier studio for pretentious indie-dreck
>force the half-dead indie devs to school pajeets and changs on how to make indie games
>fire the burned out , empty shells and make new games using cheap workforce abroad

Attached: tumblr_pu23zqp2U51rcpaiyo1_500.gif (500x281, 2.94M)

Soi to the max.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 57K)

Attached: epic bugman.png (1109x739, 114K)

OH NO NO, HOW COULD THIS BE

Attached: 572190581251890.png (835x549, 179K)

Really, this whole situation does a good job demonstrating why typical companies usually have dedicated PR people.

I'm not going to play your game because it looks like tumblr shit. I will, however, help seed the torrent just to piss on that faggot beard of yours

Fair enough, you are right on that aspect and i also agree that their initial way of telling their followers that they were going to the EGS was childish at best. They should have started with the serious bits at the beginning or outright leave out any " funny" commentary from such an important notice. I still think that this whole controversy is stupid though.

>local indie dev discovers Jewish heritage he never knew he had

>I will, however, help seed the torrent just to piss on that faggot beard of yours
Dude, dead threats are one thing but this is too much. I bet oobletjzofjwapoj dev just pissed himself after reading that

>YIIK is a cult classic.

Attached: 1534800105368.png (389x384, 385K)

Why do people act as if insults on the internet are a big deal? I guarantee everyone ITT has been told to kill themself on Yea Forums at least 100 times.

>make bants
>can't handle the bants

Attached: e644a681-08d8-4490-8da7-689a9626da62.png (1920x1080, 932K)

WE DID IT REDDIT

The new meta to getting kikes to admit to their kikery is officially this. It seems pretty foolproof.

It's the consumers fault for "donating" to games before they are completed and released. No same human should exchange money for goods or services until benefit is recieved or a decent and binding contract is signed by both parties.

It's only a controversy because they made it one. Several games immediately swept it under the rug because they announced it, maybe said they wish it could be otherwise, then moved on.

>btfo's entitled incel baby mra nazi's

I wanna know when this shit changed. In school as a kid people said this to each other daily. No one ever fucking got ass blasted or actually killed themselves. But now saying kill yourself is almost as bad as actually killing them.

Eat a bullet nigger

HIS SHIRT LITERALLY SAYS VIRGIN

Attached: 1512708068011.png (576x507, 59K)

oh dear god it does

Attached: images.png (240x210, 5K)

Attached: a226a024-6695-40e3-8c47-cf94ad140315.png (1920x1080, 635K)

Phil didn't even make the game? He was just the idea guy?

Imagine putting a soi man into your game.
Imagine giving him a fucking cat shirt.

Attached: 1512708182242.png (327x316, 211K)

Because all they cared about in the first place was the money, which is funny, considering most people consider indie devs as the people with “passion for their work”. Now that they have a confirmed paycheck, they don’t have to sell games anymore, because they never wanted to do that in the first place. You can bet your ass that these guys will never make another game ever again; they’ll cash out their Epic check, and probably look for a job they’d actually want to do, like being a game journalist or something.

Attached: 5B63F2F2-BB69-4FA5-8D11-91C435466A84.png (472x472, 186K)

whats our motto?

Can I get a quick rundown on whatever the fuck has been going on with this game? Haven't been paying attention.

Attached: 1548686555515.jpg (640x640, 55K)

You could do better, something about seeding perhaps?

At least he released an acclaimed game before going full retard and not the other way around.

kek'd

>I'm making a statement??
holy fuck this guy

Attached: 1563803150524.jpg (630x478, 35K)

Yup, with mommy and daddy's money, thats how it was funded. Parents are millionaires, so if it bombed or failed during development he could just fall back on the wealth anyways. Basically he just liked the whole thing as a vehicle to become a minor celebratory for a while.

Typical "talk shit, get hit" internet drama

I knew he was a faggot but I thought he at least made the game

>it was in an age where that sort of talk wouldn't affect your career.
it sounds so long ago when you put it like that.