Thinking about it

I'm thinking about buying a Nintendo switch.

I already have a beastly PC, but still I wanna buy it.

Any1 wanna recommend a good game?

OR

If there's a reason NOT to buy it.

Please and thank you

Attached: Deal or no deal.jpg (1600x1150, 449K)

If you don't already have in mind a game you want to buy the why the fuck would you buy one?

Portability. That's it.
FUCK this thing. Wish I'd never sold my ps4 for it but such is the life of a peasant. Expect every new release to be either a "Remastered" that you already played 10 years ago or a 2D platformer bullshit that could have just as been easily played on the GBA. Exciting games like Bloodborne or DS3 aren't even capable of being ported. No word on DS2 coming yet either. I will say this tho, it is fantastic for truck drivers and lunch.

Unless you want to be stuck in perpetual rehashes with stagnant graphics, be my guest, other wise, get do the right thing.

Attached: 1565102156035.jpg (1920x1080, 508K)

Really huh?

Godammit I just wanted a game console for me and my buddy really...

Portability is literally the only reason to buy it. Why can't you use any other console with your buddy?

well he has a ps4 and i got a pc

so yeah we thought mostly of nintendo switch cuz it seems to have more party oriented and coop games, which actually look like fun

Because no other console has Mariokart and Smash bros
My GameCube has been dead for like 6 years

I think I was too harsh in my first post. But yes, I'm bitter. I bought my ps4 for $100 for fuck's sake and this incomparable console still feels like it's worth less than that. I miss Apex Legends... As SJW as it was. It's great when my preggo GF has doctor appointments, I have to travel out of town, or just wanna get drunk and prop it up on a pillow while I use the two seperate joycons in each hand (desu this is why I still haven't sold it, über comfy) I'm amazed at the technology put into it regarding the portability but the actual games itself is years behind what other companies have accomplished.
These are really good points. If you're a nintendo fanboy, you'll love it. It's also a lot of fun to play with friends.

Make up your own damn mind

Attached: 1564836237806.png (2575x1472, 3.47M)

PS4 is a much better buy, it has significantly more third party support, and better first party games, many of these are exclusive to either consoles or Playstation too, you aren't playing FF7-R on anything other than a Playstation platform.
Realistically switch is a waste of time, it's library is largely non-existent and it's future is looking bleak with it's severe lack of third party support, the best it's getting are old ports, indies you can find for mere fractions of the price on other platforms and lazily cut down ports that look and run worse than games on the previous generations hardware.

He already has a PC. Why would he need a Portstation 4? What exclusives does PS4 actually have? Bloodborne lol.

OP here I agree and my pc as mentioned b4 is beastly i do port stuff

Im thinking switch for the more "party" feeling

Btw is there a version of switch i should buy?
^Cuz honestly i got no idea...
As in (new), (switchv2) etc etc

If you bought a PS4 and you also both bought switches you would have access to all the best multiplayer games

There's a new model that just released with a better battery and very very slightly improved performance.

Make me cringe every mother fucking time, you fucking asshole.

and its called?

It's just the newest model that is starting to hit shelves. Still the OG Switch

Multiplats that haven't had PC releases and Playstation exclusives, and third party Playstation exclusives.
>muh overlap
The Switch's overlap is far greater because:
>third parties never keep exclusivity for switch titles they see no value in the platform itself
>the switch's library is more than 2000 games at this point, almost all of them are indies on pc or ports of phone games but you have to pay for them upfront and microtransactions are still included

You can play party games on PS4, the only party games switch has would be mario party (there are better alternatives on ps4/pc), smash bros (there are better alternatives on ps4/pc) and that cooking one, that's on all platforms and is cheaper and looks and runs better on ps4.
Switch just holds no value, and doesn't look like it will anytime in the future, if you want a portable experience just buy a phone, you can get more powerful phones for a lower price point, just buy a controller and you have a vastly superior library of games and a far far far far greater battery life.

Fuck off Eric

It's just a revision of the normal Switch. They replaced the original 20nm processor with a more power efficient 16nm processor. It has a different box though. This is the new models box.

Attached: nintendo-switch-upgrade.jpg (782x444, 24K)

>PS4
What multiplayer games?
Outside what?
Rocket League, fucking Fifa?
It’s the hardest damn thing ever to find multiplayers on PS4
Hell even cod is only split screen you need a whole separate game, console and TV to do 4 player

>buy a switch a couple months ago
>revision comes out
Fucking hell

>What multiplayer games?
There's a massive swathe of multiplayer indie games, are you just this dense on purpose?
>ultimate chicken horse
>gangbeasts
>you don't know jack
>just dance
>rayman legends
>rockband
>ninja warrior
>olympic games 2020
>frantics
A playstation exclusive
>knowledge is power
A successor to Buzz made by Playstation
There are a buttload of multiplayer party games on the PS4, there is no point to a switch, you only like it because of your own biases.

Indie shit
Indie shit
Just...no.
Switch
Switch
Point me towards a functional rock band controller because I can’t fucking find one
Switch
Frantics looks like ass
>Knowledge is power
Now you’re just getting desperate that’s not even a mention.

Turbo nerd here. I've had one since launch, it's not really so much a console as it is a gameboy. I have a big dick PC as well.

Consoles I own and had when they were getting releases and my favorite game on each, just to establish my credentials as someone who gives a shit and can tell you actual ROI on your investment:
N64 - Majora's Mask
Gamecube - Fire Emblem
Wii - Fire Emblem
Switch - Mario Kart
GBA - Fire Emblem
DS - Pokemon
3DS - Pokemon
PS1 - FF7
PS2 - Kingdom Hearts
PS3 - The Last of Us
PS4 - Spiderman
PSP - Dynasty Warriors
Xbox - Halo 2
Xbox 360 - Halo 3
Xbox One - Fucking dead console, I use it to play Fortnite

Anyway, is there a reason not to buy the Switch? Yes, the games are really not that good. BOTW is a great game, but it's not nearly as great as every dickrides it to be. Mario Kart and Smash are great for drinking games, but Mario Kart and Smash have been available in some form since literally 1997. Unless Smash and MK get your dick super hard, you won't miss the new titles. That's the general trend with the Switch, rehashes. They aren't bad rehashes, but that is literally all you are getting. That, ports of old shit you played on PC, and indie games you either played on PC or don't give a shit about.

Attached: 1555549864545.gif (275x206, 388K)

I have a hacked one, I played all notable games on it. It's not worth it atm.
Give it a year.

It's pretty good dude, I enjoy playing games on it with my gf. Breath of the Wild is a solid game too. There's also Astral Chain and Daemon x Machina coming out soon.

You can emulate switch. PS4 is the console with exclusives you can't play on pc.

>>

Breath of the wild was fun.And new fire emblem is fucking GOTY for me.So if you want switch-get these two