What went wrong?

Attached: mega-man-x2-super-nintendo-snes-completo-retromex-tcvg-D_NQ_NP_607276-MLM27244502566_042018-F.jpg (1200x870, 227K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vABtjS3hZiM
youtube.com/watch?v=c5CXsQLOdsY
youtube.com/watch?v=GJ9FqD7wWEU
youtube.com/watch?v=qYkvajEDGZM
youtube.com/watch?v=KW44LO7O_EI
youtube.com/watch?v=n_zW9ZYYYoo
youtube.com/watch?v=IJtCTUdAyxw
youtube.com/watch?v=tmEHkEGQJYU
youtube.com/watch?v=_H9n7eYw0us
youtube.com/watch?v=fsucgB8832w
youtube.com/watch?v=8F2jf0NRl2Y
youtube.com/watch?v=FHUZTGDNzHQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nothing, I personally like it more than X1 and X4

I really can't think of much outside of certain boss patterns being a bit dumb, but every X game suffers from that

Dr. Cain deciding to mass produce the hundred year old robot that was still way ahead of 22nd century robots, which was filled with black box technology he couldn't understand and couldn't crack because his degree was in fucking archeology, nowhere close to a degree in robotics, and not giving his mass produced robots the 30 year long "don't go crazy and start killing the meatbags" diagnostic scan X went through.

I don't think so.
>wheel gator
Has that annoying gimmick of disappearing and having to waste time for him to resurface.
>morph moth
Half of his hp is shared with that easy form
>bubble crab
Has an annoying shield gimmick.
>serge
Just an annoying boss.

Yes, things like that, although you can avoid the first by simply not using the weakness. But again, even X1 is similar with Spark Mandrill being a joke, that you have no way of losing against with the weakness to on the other hand Armored Armadillo being an absolute pain even with the weakness just because his rolling attack is a bit random, and other things like Boomer Kuwanger being almost completely unable to hit you while you're wall jumping. I don't feel like there's a single X game with properly designed and balanced bosses.

They brought back Zero.

The only real fault that is has is that the Zero parts were a pain in the ass to collect. Luckily it's completely optional.

Nothing, this was the best X game hands down.

they killed the best character too early

Attached: X2_gbd.jpg (1017x672, 61K)

The fact that they couldn't think of a story for ONE SINGLE GAME without Zero being front and center.

zero was actually the original megaman x, capcom made the guy make a more blue bomber esque guy to appeal to the hardcore fans

They did that with a couple X games, such gems as X3, X6 and X7 had almost nothing to do with Zero.

>You are telling me the robots are using their free will to demand freedom instead of getting better et their jobs?. Nobody could have expected that!

Attached: Drcain.jpg (448x780, 179K)

>not X3
X3 was really fucking awful, worse than X6 imo

Apparently it was Inafune pitching his Mega Man (Zero) as a side character thinking they'd want a more traditional Mega Man, which was what another guy's (X) was.

Let's not kid ourselves, X didn't need that checkup and could have been activated day one safely because he's a fucking Megaman. They just added that detail to reinforce the idea that "Ohhh he's so much more advanced than Megaman because he poses a threat to humanity by his own free will.", but X is basically a person so any form of life experience can change him into something completely unpredictable. Realistically speaking, no ammount of simulation testing could make sure he's 100% never going to make dick choices or pop some niggas. His simulation was basically imaginary therapy in his head as he slept just asking "You good?" for 100 years until he got activated. I mean look at Vile and Sigma. Vile was bad from the fucking start, but they kept him around because he's fucking excellent at what he does (When not jobbing to main characters.). Sigma was actually a really fucking swell guy at first, but then "got infected", but Sigma never turned insane. His motivations were clear and guided. The Zero virus debilitate every Reploid infected by it. Zero was never actually evil in his original Wily intended form, he was just insane. I think the Zero virus only helped Sigma turn himself into one when he was killed by X the first time and it is from the moment he transcend into his viral form that he started progressively making less and less sense. Sigma just mindlessly come back even when NOTHING is about him and he always has some fucking stupid plans.

Anyways, all of this to say that faulty hardware and software is always blamed for why Reploids turned maverick before the Sigma virus, but they are FREE-WILLED ROBOTS THAT ARE EQUAL IN AWARENESS TO HUMANS. It's inevitable that a shitload of Reploids would turn by choice. Hell we have incel shooters here so imagine in their world what happens when a fucking warrior reploid loaded to the teeth can't get laid?

I'd rather not even get them because the Zero boss fight is fucking fun.

Every game after.

Forced leg dash upgrade. Its the sole thing it did wrong, everything else is perfect.

X's ethical testing was supposed to last 30 years, instead it ran for 100. In universe most reploids go maverick akin to mental disorders where their circuits malfunction and start going berserk, aside from a few and the new gen reploids going maverick out of free will. Likewise, most mass shooters occur due to faulty parenting because single mothers are a terrible means to raise children.

>Bro lets just make the first game again like the nes games

Thats the problem. That said,
X1>X4>X2>>>>>>>>X3

I like how Vile's got malfunctioning circuits in his "brain" but they kept him on the Maverick Hunters anyway.

I don't understand, the air dash isn't necessary and you start off with the ground dash already.

Nothing, it's the best one from the SNES trilogy. Also, did Yea Forums sign up for the X Dive CBT already?

Attached: 1565042657789.jpg (757x896, 130K)

Fug that's X2, I just saw X on an SNES cover and immediately assumed X1, disregard my retardation.

>gay trivia
Yeah I know that, dickface, everyone fucking does, that doesn't make it okay.

X3 still has the final fortress depend on what you do with Zero.
X6's big sidestory is Zero coming back.
X7 is shit and is barely even about X, much less Zero, who, by the way, you start the game as.

What about X8? I don't remember any huge Zero focus there.

Nothing, it's damn good and a shade better than X4, and I say this as a literal X4babby.

It's not huge, but they do try to play up Sigma as Zero's personal nemesis for some reason.

>X3 still has the final fortress depend on what you do with Zero.
Yes, and the same thing happens regardless of Zero's presence. You could write him out and nothing would change

>X6's big sidestory
>big sidestory
It's like a single cutscene, nerd. Sure, you can see some alternate cutscenes if you use Zero in certain places, but again, nothing changes regardless of Zero's presence. The game is about Alia and Gate.

Yeah exactly. Vile was a Maverick hunter for a long ass time, but everytime someone expresses an opinion on him it's worried concern or outright spite. His fucking name is VILE(Vava in jap I know).
Oh don't get me wrong I'm not refuting the facts. It's just headcanon that Reploids having free will means a fuckton will just do what they want and hurt people because it makes more sense to me this way, like 3 ways to be labelled maverick: Your circuitbrain is shit tier and you can't shake sense back into yourself, Other is through the viruses and the last is by choice, which many Reploids in the series have shown to be capable of, but I know canonically Sigma went evil because of Z virus, Vile went bloodthirsty because of shit circuits and reploids go mad either by virus or bad circuits...or brainwashing.
Kinda like I have a headcanon that Reploids can and do get laid because it explains some Reploid's character so fucking well. X and Zero are virgins, so is Sigma because he likes duty very much until he just went batshit, but I could have had imagined him having a wife. Vile is a rapist, but it's all about the power fantasy and dominance, Alia and Gate fucked wildly for years, Steel Massimo is gay, Cinammon is a closet slut, Dynamo fucks all kinds of robochicks, Zero and Iris's relationship was virgin deviantart roleplay down to her dying at the end and they probably dreamed of having sex after marriage. X and Zero's bromance is less gay than you think because they are both soldiers in an ongoing 100 years long carnage, but X and Zero would probably sleep together in the Spartan kind of way or at least cuddle.

you didn't store the box properly you biatch. now you can't sell cib for over 9000 dollars.

I tried to keep mine in mint state, but through the moving arounds it was just inevitable.
Mine is nowhete near this fucked up though.

Nothing. It was a perfect second part.

The only thing that went wrong was that I was disappointed X didn't have his full armor and powers from X1. I actually expected him to have all that, and then have it get upgraded even further in X2.

Yeah I think they should have kept that gimmick from X2 and onward instead of starting at X5. X3 would have been a lot more fun to play if you could have the option to have second armor, but the armor from X3 would have been overpowered in 4.

Not really. The buster parts in x3 suck ass especially with how clunky it is.

The one flaw in its design is how it stops your momentum. Otherwise I had taken an habit of not getting it and I found the game more enjoyable, although by doing that you get cockblocked half of the content. I did a naked no upgrades run once. It's really fun. You're weak as shit but you have full control of momentum and it's better to keep original buster quite honestly.

I feel x2 did it best with adding the right amount of finnese to it unlike future installments.

Yeah and in X2 you get a small bonus Zero cameo during credits if you beat the game naked.

Trash OST, at least it isnt't X3, i play the PS2 collection yearly and i still don't remember a single thing about that game.

I would argue X8 is better than 3, but maybe I'm a weirdo

It is. X3 just felt so half baked but I guess it's due to the N64/ps1 being out by the time X3 released.

Literally nothing, it's one of the best games in the series.

>Trash OST
youtube.com/watch?v=vABtjS3hZiM
youtube.com/watch?v=c5CXsQLOdsY
youtube.com/watch?v=GJ9FqD7wWEU
youtube.com/watch?v=qYkvajEDGZM

Attached: 1559580919045.gif (480x324, 3.08M)

Probably because of the Zero vs Sigma fight from X4.
>Zero OG maverick
>fights good guy Sigma
>Good guy Sigma gets Maverick virus
>Zero has PTSD attack and gets knocked the fuck out by now bad guy Sigma
>Bad guy Sigma has Zeros memory wiped etc

>S-Class Tier
X1, X2, X4, X8

>A-Class Tier
X3, Command Mission, Maverick Hunter X

>B-Class Tier
X5, X6

>MAVERICK SCUM
X7

>getting the 1 of 4 boost chip for your blaster instead of being able to dodge twice to master cuck Sigma

I always fight zero just to hear that music. I wish the cord was longer than a 10 second repeat.

Haven't gotten there yet, I'm just about to start X5. I only played X for the first time in November.

that's a rare box for megaman x3 for sure

The buster sucked ass in 3. But coming from the godly double fisting buster in x2 made it that much worse.

Fighting Zero is cool but the trade off is you're then skipping out on three optional fights for an extra fight before Sigma.
Given X2 Sigma is an actual fucking joke.
That fucking music tho.

youtube.com/watch?v=KW44LO7O_EI

Nigga that's the best game from the series

What is Mega Man X3

Garbage

They blew their load in the first game. MMX was their big push for innovation. All their big ideas, all their creativity, all their initial motivation, went into one game. And then after they did all they could, what they were left with were scraps they probably cut out of the first game. And went "fuck it, let's see if this works." The passion falling away, replaced with the mere desire to see another paycheck.

Robots can't fuck, at least not in the X era.

X2 is for baby pussies who can't even beat X1.
X2 is by far the easiest in the series.

X4 is the easiest.

>X1
>hard
Most of X1 wasn't even designed with dashing in mind, unlike the rest of the series.
Anyway X4 would be the easiest

All the time/care was into MM7

X4 as X is easier than X2 but I'd argue Zero in X4 is harder than X2.
X2 has never at any point been difficult or challenging for me.

If anything, X2 is just as good or better than X1. I love both.

Something about the instrument samples they chose really irk me. I think it's mostly in the drums. As a result it's probably my least favorite in terms of soundtrack.

The "innovation" in the first X game was a wall jump. The stages in X2 are at least as creative as those in X1. The whole X series in general is just a desire to see another paycheck, it was just classic Mega Man redesigned to appeal to edgy 90s kids, literal soulless cashgrab that took off. Your points are stupid

Nothing, easily best x game

>edgy 90s kids
>MMX

It has the best OST in the entire series, get some new ears.

Green Biker Dude died too soon

Attached: RIP.gif (500x290, 1.97M)

Zero in X4 is absolute braindead UngaBunga mode with the moveset he has, the only annoying boss is General.

say what you want about x3 being bad but it had a bitchin soundtrack and that's undeniable. X2 was a step down from X1's soundtrack except a few tracks like the sigma fortress and flame stag.

I thought I was alone in thinking this.
X2 feels similar to MMII GB in that its compositions and melodies aren't bad but the instruments they chose are just grating. Everything's too high-pitched and lacks punch. If we could just swap X2's soundtrack to use the X1 samples, or even X3's, it'd be amazing. I'd love to hear Flame Stag's theme done up in X3's grungy buttrock.
Isn't there a tool for SNES ROMs to patch in CD-quality audio? Maybe I can just throw X1's soundtrack over X2 and call it a day.

>X2 was a step down from X1's soundtrack
lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=n_zW9ZYYYoo

along with these
>Opening
>Opening Stage
>Flame Stag
>Magna Centipede
>Bubble Crab
>Crystal Snail
>X-hunter stage 1

All iconic and remembered, and still remixed to this day. Of course x3 had awesome soundtrack as well, like:
>Opening stage
>Zero
>Gravity Beetle
>Cyber Peacock
>Neon Tiger
>Vile

But calling x2 soundtrack stepdown is just false.

I really love X2's SNES guitars and brighter colors, it's part of the reason I prefer it to X1

But I'll admit that sometimes the remixes are better, like this is just undeniably amazing
youtube.com/watch?v=IJtCTUdAyxw

And it was awesome, you faggot.

Annoying bosses. I don't know why they made an alligator boss of all animals so annoying and boring but, hey, still not as nonsensical as Slash Man.

Attached: 1556658850282.png (480x371, 328K)

They didn't, you just used Strike Chain
Use the boring weakness strategy and you get a boring boss fight. Simple math.

youtube.com/watch?v=tmEHkEGQJYU
vs
youtube.com/watch?v=_H9n7eYw0us

Attached: 1551320004644.gif (500x500, 236K)

X5 is fun (except for Tidal Whale's stage) but damn are the Mavericks tedious to fight. Their invincibility frames are way too long, and their health bars too high.

Who signed up for RockmanX Dive?

X2 is very bland and the definition of a cookie cutter sequel. Anyone claiming it's better than the first game or the best in general either grew up with it or just wants to be contrarian.

Needing to make a chip to render wireframes when it's only used 3 times in this game

I get that feeling about X4, but not X2. X2 has some actual cool, interesting levels, like all the stealth and scanning stuff with Magna Centipede, Crystal Snail's Ride Armor puzzles, the Bubble Crab timed miniboss and such. Some of this was legitimately more interesting than the stuff in X1, and that's not to mention the differences in presentation

2 > 1 > 4 > 3 > 5 > 8 > 6 > 7

Attached: 1565134282743.jpg (617x421, 37K)

>get buster
>aw yeah i can finally charge up
>use it
>shit damage
>using both charged shots makes your fps drop drastically
>the spread is so awful it's not even useful for more than 2 enemies

They changed the guitar sound bank to something far more annoying.

Attached: f5753870a40ccef114a6cb88e7f48531.jpg (680x680, 85K)

Right here brother

youtube.com/watch?v=fsucgB8832w

Attached: 14-142664_pepe-pepe-listening-to-music.png (708x572, 228K)

Why did they even keep making reploids after the first Sigma rebellion?
It was clear that making free willed slaves with integrated weapons doesn't make any sense.

X3 is the worst fucking game in the series
Until you hack the game to get the double dash and air dash ability in early, making the rest of the overly long and vertical levels actually fun to go through as you blast through them with precision and speed that it feels like this was the intended way to play the game.

Attached: aojoasrbdq601.jpg (736x556, 51K)

I hate whatever soundfont they used for X2. X1 sounded like an electric guitar, X2 sounds like clown farts.

youtube.com/watch?v=8F2jf0NRl2Y
youtube.com/watch?v=FHUZTGDNzHQ

are you really defending this piece of shit repeated into 6 levels

Attached: gate stage 1.png (280x240, 30K)

It still wouldn't be good. The upwards air dash has terrible lag; I don't understand why they didn't just make it a standard double jump, but hell, even X6 was able to pull off an upwards air dash more gracefully.

And besides, more movement doesn't fix the incredibly dull level design, the overly gimmicky, useless collectibles, the bit and byte bullshit and so on

*blocks ur path*

Attached: images.jpg (300x168, 10K)

>fuck you game I'll just use ninja armor X
>that jump at the very end you need the other armors for

People unironically defend the Zero series, which is full of the same shit (and while I haven't played it, I suspect MM9 is as well), so don't be surprised.

Zero 1 was full of spikes. The rest weren't as far as I know.

f

Why make a boss out of geocities gifs

Attached: NightmareMother.png (176x144, 9K)

Finding Zero's parts doesn't really annex anything, other than Mav Zero being destroyed at the end
To add to that, the XH arenas add clutter to the levels when they're not around.
That's about it.

Attached: Schlegel_CAPCOM.jpg (1152x1728, 505K)

>screencrunch everywhere
>horrible art style
>spikes all around
>fucking grinding in order to have efficient weapons
I still don't get why people like the zero series

Zero 2 absolutely adored making you swing its badly controlled chain rod over spikes, Zero 3 had a lot of instant death lava, IIRC, and Zero 4 didn't have a lot of spikes, but it did have a lot of other bullshit, like that horrible magnet stage gimmick

Do you even remember the X1 Helmet upgrade? I wouldn't call that creative.

Geocities is dead

>the final sigma level recycles magna centipede's stage
>stages never change based on boss order

>horrible art style

Big yikes from me.

>grinding
Only in Zero 1. They drastically improve the "grind" in the other games. You can easily go through the entire game speedrunning it and you'd be maxed on mostly everything at the end.

Attached: Mega-Man-Zero-art-book-2.jpg (631x900, 210K)

Zero 2 has the exact same grinding that Zero 1 has
Zero 4 doesn't have any grinding for weapons, but it does have grinding for chip parts

Only Zero 3 has no grinding at all.

Posted the wrong game, mate.

Attached: Mega+Man+X3+(Europe)-image.jpg (420x307, 103K)

Weird, I made a X2 thread earlier today and it got a single reply. I guess these are more active hours.

Anyways, I think X2 is superior to X1 personally. I find the level design stronger, though some of the collectables are annoying as fuck to get. The section in Wheel Gator's stage where you need to to use Wire Sponge's weapon to grab the wall and climb to get the buster upgrade drives me insane.

Attached: Fuck this part.jpg (480x360, 22K)

It's easier to air dash off the right lip to the left wall of the shaft.

Attached: Zerohelmet.png (1200x2400, 114K)

Hey don't pin this all on Cain. This whole mess started because Dr Light wanted to be best friends with his toaster to the point where he back stabbed his best friend, sent him spiraling into a endless loop of villainy and did nothing but keep building more robots. He was so busy realizing that he could do all this that he never stopped to consider if he should. Look at how many masters there where before the X line even got started.

Attached: Dr_Light_team_photo_by_Damnedknight.jpg (768x392, 85K)

It is, but you need Wheel Gator's weapon for the air dash upgrade so it always annoyed me that I would have to return, but honestly I just do it anyway now since using the wire is annoying as fuck .

I honestly can't thiink of any reason besides kind of trivial shit like "it's different". I guess X has does have something unique, the way levels changed after you beat them while in 2 and 3 the game just made you go back and use weapons. Nightmare effects are fucking trash and so is the ps1 trilogy.

>not using the speedster part

>better level design
Hmm outside of the Crystal Snail, Flame Stag, and Wheel Gator the stages where kind bland. Worst part was the music just wasn't as good.

Dr. Light only made the MM1, MM3 (co-made with Wily), MM9, and MM11 Robot Masters. MM2, MM5, MM7, and MM8 were Dr. Wily, MM4 was Dr. Cossack, and MM6 and MM10 were from various roboticists from around the world.

>Hmm outside of the Crystal Snail, Flame Stag, and Wheel Gator the stages where kind bland
I personally felt the stages were incredibly memorable, maybe a few like Bubble Crab were dull I suppose. Morph Moth is one of my favorite stages in the series. Going through a robot junk yard and the way they actually connect it to how he fights and behaves is fucking brilliant, one of the most creative ideas for any mega man boss I feel.

>MM3 (co-made with Wily)
I think he only co-made Gamma with Wily, the Robot Masters were Wily's creation, beside Shadow Man who was an alien discovered by Wily.

Also Light made the Robot Masters in MM9, the whole plot is that Wily frames him as being the reason they are causing havoc.

>Going through a robot junk yard and the way they actually connect it to how he fights and behaves is fucking brilliant, one of the most creative ideas for any mega man boss I feel.
Yeah but it feels botched with how you take Morph moth down to half for him to actually fight you. Would have been better if you dealt with him in the mini boss rooms as a larva.

>Only 30 of my robots went on rampages and became a threat to public and global safety. All those other hundreds of deadly robots where someone else's.

I really don't think you're seeing the actual point.

Attached: light poed.jpg (640x480, 41K)

Levels kind of flip flopped but bosses were pretty decent. X already introduced boss arenas that were bigger than a sinlge room but Overdrive Ostrich is probabaly the first that abuses one where you can esasly despawn the boss. Wheel Gator is great how he hides in the sludge at the bottom and Morph Moth addresses that complaint of fighting a bunch of samey humanoid robots by starting off as a cocoon.

Attached: 412121423.png (500x545, 113K)

I did mention MM9 as Light's.

Being stolen and reporgrammed to do evil is different from being built specifically to do evil. Should we scrap all vehicles becomes sometimes someone uses one to injure/kill people?

Should we give all vehicles a grenade launched and full autonomy on how it's used?

Three Laws work fine as long as some insane mad scientist doesn't try to use them for world domination.

>Three Laws work fine

No. No they don't. They didn't even work when Asimov came up with them.

Attached: trying to deal.jpg (600x450, 175K)

I see what you mean, personally I never minded it as I feel it makes the fight more diverse by having the player learn two and not just one pattern.
It feels like definitely wanted the bosses to be more diverse in their fight design, X2 feels like it has more "unusual" boss battles with how different bosses like Overdrive Ostrich are. In X1 I think Flame Mammoth, with his conveyor belts and larger boss chamber, and Storm Eagle, larger arena and takes place on the ship instead of a room, were the only different bosses, the rest were similar to classic series style bosses. I imagine they were trying to give X as much of a separate identity as possible, which I like.

Shit, somehow I didn't see that, sorry.

The robots didn't rampage until Wily fucked them over or built them without the Three Laws implemented.

But they did rampage and all it took was a little bit of work. Hell the 9 ones went full Blade Runner of their own volition. It was only a matter of time before Dr Light's pure precious robot friends would have went, oh what's a good word, how about maverick. Dr Light's ideology is not only naive it's pants on head retarded. He simultaneously wants robots to be smart enough to think but also be servile. An an entire race created to do specific functions is just a ticking time bomb before some street sweeper bot decided it would rather do interpretive dance. Robot uprisings are inevitable. Humans are flawed, illogical and inferior to the intellect of the machine mind. Best case scenario you get Wall-e future, most likely case you get Ultron.

Attached: ultron.png (640x360, 272K)

>Hell the 9 ones went full Blade Runner of their own volition
Not so. Remember that in the cutscene where Wily confronts them with their looming expiration dates they ask if there's any way he can help them and Wily says he can with an evil grin, and the ending states they were reprogrammed back to normal after being repaired.

Yet you miss the underlining issue. They still had deactivation dates, didn't they? And what is normal? The robots have already shown the ability to act in their own best interests. If they can understand their own mortality then surely they can understand servitude, slavery their lack of freedom. Things where sunshine and roses for a select group of 9 robots but how many robots do you think exist in this world? How many were not so lucky. And how long until these numbers realize they have an alternative.

You blame Wily and while he was using them to his own ends, he was not the one who gave them short life spans. He was just one human using them as opposed to another. You merely swapped a master for a master.

Attached: Youngwilylight.jpg (340x250, 17K)

The Archie comic handles it better than the game did. The Robot Masters are fine with having expiration dates because while they're autonomous and have personalities they are still mainly tools and they know they'll eventually wear out and need to be replaced. Had the comic gone on it's likely they would have explained 9's events by having Wily trick that batch of Masters into thinking they shouldn't be decommissioned then reprogramming them into weapons like he did with the MM1 Masters.

Attached: ikui.jpg (1984x6032, 2.89M)

Im sure the deactivated bots might not all see eye to eye on that. A content slave is still a slave.

>Im sure the deactivated bots might not all see eye to eye on that.
Funny you mention that.

Attached: RCO018_1468817254.jpg (1040x1600, 478K)

It's funny because Gutsman actually does end up in a museum.

Attached: RCO019_1468817254.jpg (1040x1600, 463K)

They don't have free will or a desire for freedom or feeling of slavery. That only happens when Light created X and Wily created Zero and they awakened a hundred years after their constructions. The Robot Masters are no more slaves than a calculator or a tractor are.

Attached: RCO020_1468817254.jpg (1040x1600, 437K)

Choosing to die over being mindwiped isn't really a BETTER option and is the exact kind of shit that leads to a revolution.

Only if that specific desire is programmed into them. If you really want to have your robots turn on you, you have to put that routine in yourself.