Why make a puzzle if you're gonna put its solution on the door's key?

Why make a puzzle if you're gonna put its solution on the door's key?

Attached: 1534747071463.jpg (1920x1080, 380K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vsUbUHfuDq
youtu.be/vsUbUHfuDqI
youtube.com/watch?v=l_u18_BKczg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because they never tell you that you can rotate inventory items which makes it a puzzle

It tricks people into thinking all your dungeons have clever puzzles, but you actually just re-use the claw door lock gimmick about six times

I like games with difficult puzzles

Attached: 307C6122-45F1-4076-A751-9863DDBFC7AA.jpg (1280x720, 100K)

Skyrim had one slightly mildly difficult puzzle in the hole game and it pissed me off because puzzles are only worth doing right. Otherwise it’s just a DUI checkpoint.

Actually makes sense lorewise, though. That way, the only people who can get through your lock are the ones that have the key.

Now that you mention it, is this even supposed to be a puzzle? It really is just a lock and key with an extra step.

If it's really just meant to be a lock than a traditional key would suffice, would it not? It's not like it's fun in terms of gameplay.
As a puzzle or a lock it fails because it's still super easy to crack just by forcing every combination.
It's just lazy.

To make normies and casuals think the game is incredible for including puzzles.

Maybe it's so the Draugr can't open it?

I actually had no idea the code was on the keys and spent every dungeon brute forcing my way with random codes until it worked. Almost every dungeon only uses one of each so it wasn't too bad

Then I found one that didn't and had to google it. Who the fuck actually reads books in RPGs? Like if it aint fully voiced then it shouldn't be important info

You didn't just kinda find out you can rotate shit in your inventory on your own?
Are you egoraptor?

Thats the actual lore reason stated in the game, so that the Draugr cant get outside
Of course, most if the dungeons have Draugr BEFORE the door so yeah great job Bethesda

Nigga, you dumb.

Attached: 1559893777806.jpg (1600x900, 68K)

Maybe they only want to pass through that kind of door

It's for pacing. It makes the player stop in their tracks for a minute before entering a boss room in order to let some tension build. If it were too hard then it would not be a reliable pacing tool because players might get stuck. Really it's part of the reward for getting through the first part of the dungeon.

Skyrim is full of speedbumps

>Was it bear bear owl, or bear owl bear?
>Damn I feel tense now

>If it's really just meant to be a lock than a traditional key would suffice, would it not? It's not like it's fun in terms of gameplay.
It is a fairly traditional combination lock. There's plenty that also have keys/

I remember Todd showing it off before the game came out to show how items were viewable in the inventory

But you don't need to rotate it. The solution is showing by default.

Those draugur are caretakers of the tomb, they're the one who set the traps, light the candles, take in offerings of food and gold from outside, etc.

Modern games are made for literal retards (game reviewers and zoomers). By the time of Wind Waker, shit puzzles that solve themselves for you was already the norm.

It feels as if it was meant to be a little section that teaches you to use the model viewer as a tool to help you, yet it is never used again except for door puzzles like this.

It isnt, because you don't need to rotate the claw to see it's palm where the sigils are.

>let some tension build
>rolling circular stones creates tension

No it's not.

>in the hole game
I spent a few seconds trying to recall a 'hole game in skyrim before I realised you meant' whole'.

I'm still mad that the dishonored 2 door lock had a genuine riddle but that I accidentally solved it by moving like 2 things

It's more about making you wait, not the actual puzzle.

Why is this such a meme? You just ring the bells for the number there, right?

Yes it is. Look, here's someone's first playthrough of the game. Claw inventory is at 2:16. All symbols visible.

youtu.be/vsUbUHfuDq

I can tell you from personal experience too, I cleared any claw dungeon I found without ever rotating any item.

For fucks sake. Link didn't work. Let's try again

youtu.be/vsUbUHfuDqI

As you can see the order is Bear, Moth, Owl quite clearly.

Attached: Screenshot_20190806-153547.png (1920x1080, 1.11M)

As a brainlet who dislikes puzzles I am ok with this

Why would I spend time looking at models in my inventory when I have an actual game to play?

youtube.com/watch?v=l_u18_BKczg

This was one of my main gripes about the game. What they should have done, was hid the answer in ancient manuscripts you find in other tombs, but of course casual fucks and zoom-zooms would just complain that "it's too hard".

Nah, zoomzoomz would just Google the solution.

A combination lock only works in two instances, if there's a ton of combinations it could be or if getting it wrong triggered some kind of security. It's been a while but aren't there only like 3 symbols and 3 positions?
No one would ever even bother making a combination lock so easy to force open which is why I say it fails as a combo lock. It could be considered a key, not one that physically opens the lock but gives you directions. But in either case it just doesn't work as what it's supposed to be.
It's just straight up laziness and incompetence.

this. Bethesda games are designed around marketing. They make the shitty claw puzzle and show it off. Look the game has puzzles! You can rotate items to inspect them! Sometimes something important will be on the item you need to progress!
>copy pastes the same puzzle like 8 times and rotating items is useless for everything else

Look you can talk to people and gain speech skill and try and persuade them!
>speech checks just get you a little more gold or give new dialog in some occasions. Some speech checks are automatically passed no matter what, just there to give you the illusion the skill matters.

It's mind blowing how scuffed that game is.

They probably intended to have different puzzles in the game but then ran out of time so they just stuck with the most basic proof-of-concept tier one that they had at that point

Well it does trigger security, some poison darts, but they are weak and ineffective like most skyrim traps.

why make one puzzle, then expose its solution in your 30min gameplay trailer?

jesus christ that was painful to watch.

isn't that only in the first one?

Attached: that-card.png (636x480, 127K)

It's easy in retrospect but you have to remember there was nothing obvious to tell you the symbols on the hand and the symbols on the wall were related to the puzzle. I just figured they had the same design because they came from the same dungeon. That's how you know it's the right key.

Yes. When was the last time anyone needed to rotate and examine an item to progress that didn’t involve a claw?

You're the target audience

Outer Wilds was fun, but having to wander around to find where to go next was annoying. Especially because some avenues open to you are apparent dead ends and not useful to your final goal.

Attached: Outer-Wilds-2019-05-31-08-46-25.jpg (3840x2160, 2.76M)