Downloaded the demo

>downloaded the demo
>random fucking encounters in a 2018 game
Why do people defend this shit?

Attached: octopath-traveler-1---button-fin-1555004042639.jpg (1000x1000, 326K)

Nostalgia.

>play JRPG
>angry it has JRPG mechanics
What were you expecting?

A modern JRPG that's up to today's standards.

>Recent Reviews: Mixed (532 reviews)
You know why.

They don't. Most of Yea Forums considers this one of the worst JPRGs ever made.

The game is obviously a homage to classic JRPG.

You knew it had random encounters before you got it, you just wanted to shit on the concept for some reason. Probably you think all games should be action games.

Then go play a modern game. There aren't many good classic style games anymore, so the few there should be savored.

Have you played a JRPG released after 2000?

I agree, but Octopath Traveler ain't a good game.

Bravely default is one of the only decent jrpgs to come out in the last 15+ years and it had random encounters

then you missed the entire point of the game.

You're right, I wanted to play a fun RPG and this wasn't it.

where is the craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

who's defending it? nintendyearolds? of course they defend anything nintendo because they're cucks and love to gobble up shit as long as nintendo made it

Octopath is a Square Enix game

Just because you don't like random encounters (and therefor jrpgs in general) doesn't mean other people don't. And there's nothing wrong with anyone else having different taste than you do - when someone goes and publicly says "you are all wrong for liking this" its just you feeling insecure and trying to validate that your taste is good, and wanting to feel right about something

it fails at being that, too. it's garbage compared to actual classic jrpgs.

>Just because you don't like random encounters (and therefor jrpgs in general)
Please, do not pretend JRPGs were ever defined by random encounters.

I'm not claiming that, but by specifically attacking this game for that reason, thats kind of what you're insinuating

Just play with Ophilia in ur team nub

whether or not it was fun for you is a separate issue. you're a retard for expecting a love letter to 90s JRPGs to not have random encounters.

Keep saying it

they kind of were though. random encounters used to be one of the genre staples you'd expect to see in something called a JRPG, like it was part of the definition at some point.

>I'm not claiming that
Then don't do that, because that's what you just did.
>thats kind of what you're insinuating
I'm not the idiot you're arguing with about those, just dropped by to remind you not to say dumb shit like that, you empower those morons without realizing it.

nostalgia tards

I hate random encounters but that wasn't what killed it.
It was the terrible writing. I honestly didn't think there existed a game with worse writing than Persona 5, but Octopath is it.

Octopath is better than the entire Final Fantasy franchise

Octopath would have been GOTY if it had proper 3d models/aesthetic and actual party banter instead of half assed shit.