Is it as shit as they say?

Is it as shit as they say?

Attached: tyranny.jpg (616x353, 126K)

Yes, because despite the interesting concept hook of "the big bad won and you work for him" you get pigeon holed into lame choices, the worst of which come at the start of the game when you're forced to pick Red or Purple and at the end when no matter what you rebel against the big bad anyway. It doesn't do anything else particularly interesting for a CRPG either so you're better off playing a different one with a more engaging plot and choices.

>and at the end when no matter what you rebel against the big bad anyway
Didn't they fix that or something?

Cons:
>Unnecessary cliffhanger
>Encounter design is lacking compared to PoE
>She-that-furry

Pros:
>Choices and consequences are strong
>Neat magic system
>Unique setting

Neutral:
>Game is rather short
>No pure evil route

I started playing this but the jank was just too unpleasant to put up with. CRPGs work so much better with 2D graphics.

If they had I didn't hear about it. I played on release though so I could be misinformed.

no.

Pillars of Eternity 1 and 2 are legitimately good games and very underrated here.

Tyranny, on the other hand, is exactly as shit as Yea Forums says it is. Don't bother.

They just let you side with him at the end, it's a small change in the last choice of the game that alters the slides. I mean, it's better than what was at launch, but still not very good. Also, they made a DLC for it that happens in the middle of the game instead of finishing that cliffhanger.

It's not everything it could be, but what are you gonna do? I'm playing it for a second time soon so I can find out how much the choices actually mattered.

objectively superior to both poe's pretty unique setting too
this user could not be more wrong and has the shittest taste imaginable

I would've been pissed at the Tyranny DLC if I'd had to pay for it. Bastard's Wound was sucked.

I can’t believe I haven’t seen any image edits where they remove the Y from the title and replace the faces. Get on it.

YES!

>tfw I just cant have fun with PoE no matter how hard i try

Why? Everytime i play it its just tedious as fuck and I wind up dropping it. I love the old CRPGs but all the modern attempts fall completely flat.

Yes.
The only good things are stolen from Malazan and Black Company.

I need more heads

Attached: tranny.png (616x353, 520K)

Benjamin Franklin

I done my best.

Attached: tranny.png (616x353, 512K)

>Pillars of Eternity 1 and 2 are legitimately good games and very underrated here.

Attached: 1565026782250.jpg (603x791, 101K)

I enjoyed it more than Pillars of Eternity 1 desu.

how is "game is rather short" neutral though?

people don't even bother shitposting about it. that is all you really need to know about how bad this game is

>every RPG must be hundreds of hours and full of filler/slogs to be good
God damn it, no.

are you insane?
a game doesn't have to be long to be good, but it's a plus if it is long.
also no one said "hundreds of hours", just that it's not short

There's nothing wrong with short and sweet games. Quit evaluating quality based on how many hours it wasted.
Unfortunately, Tyranny is short and shit.

long and good >>> short and good
that's what i'm saying. short is a con, long is a pro

Pillars 1 was good, but I despised Deadfire. I enjoy exploration, but the whole boat management and half ass boat combat was annoying as fuck. They should have just stuck to the mainland and expanded on to the lore.

its not though . not inherently.
I've played plenty of games I thought were long and good for the first 50 hours and then I just got exhausted wanted the fucking thing to end. ruining any positive feelings i had

This is how I essentially felt about the game. The setting is something I've never quite seen before, really interesting, I like seeing things from the "bad guys" perspective too. They gave you some leeway but the farthest you could go was neutral, never good. And it was a refreshing change for me because I instinctively end up good even if my goal in a game was to play an evil character.

I loved the boat. So cozy.

so it was good the first 50 hours and wasn't good after that.

When I first saw the picture my eyes crossed and didn't see the Y in tyranny. So I thought the game was called Tranny.

Worse was finding magic artifacts to upgrade your power .

I wanted to do Darh Vader things ,not to play a generic rpg

Wa a 7/10 game for me